Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2018, 06:11 PM   #91
coolstorybro
Pledge

Who is Monte and why is there so much hate for this dude? Is the hate deserving?

Old 07-20-2018, 06:13 PM   #92
LoveIsSuicide42
Demi-God

http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=183727

Old 07-20-2018, 06:31 PM   #93
slunken
Virgo

hello fellow redditors. this is a safe space. we welcome you. ama.

Old 07-20-2018, 06:40 PM   #94
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

Corgan’s camp has threatened Netphoria with lawsuits at least three times. He hasn’t had a hit in more than 15 years.

You can go fuck yourself.

Old 07-20-2018, 06:52 PM   #95
T&T
Socialphobic

can I now start staying stuff like "billy corgan should go kill himself" again?

Old 07-20-2018, 06:55 PM   #96
mpp
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sppunk View Post
Corgan’s camp has threatened Netphoria with lawsuits at least three times. He hasn’t had a hit in more than 15 years.

Slow clap

Old 07-20-2018, 09:52 PM   #97
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaFritz View Post
I always found this troubling. "I don't describe to the politics around AIDS. I don't subscribe to the politics of anything." So he wants to protect us from harm, but he doesn't want to be political, even though the US government had had a horrible track record of helping people with the disease in the 80s and through the early 90s because of homophobia and racism. Way to stand up, Billy.
If I recall correctly, there was an interview where he said that the last time he voted was in 1992.

Old 07-20-2018, 11:51 PM   #98
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by solaraflame View Post
Dear Netphoria, you are a terrible site. Some of the posts here and comments have been so hideous and on the darkest side of internet humanity that it feels like some icky basement in a 4-chan orgy.
You keyboard warriors forget that Billy is a fellow human. I'd take the worst of Billy then the lot of you. Some of your remarks have been cruel and border on a passive aggressive or overt sociopatic streak.
Some of the putrid hate you have is downright scary. The human heart can be a wicked place and some of you are proof.
Billy made some of the greatest records of all time. None of you have.
Billy has ventured into many things. Have some of you ventured out of your own thick skin?
The SP camp does have gracious and cool people...but Netphoria is poison. Reading some of the bile here...it completely and resolutely makes me wonder why any of you linger under this spectral umbrella of the Pumpkins, as none of you are fans at heart.
You may hate or loathe what Billy creates now, but a genuine fan of the band would never spill such hate and malice, like many of you.
The true fans are those who recognize how to cherish the past while accepting the future and present, even if it isn't a standard many of us would agree upon.
It's doubtful this post will make a difference. To me though, it does.
You hateful posters make me embarrassed to know that we've listened to the same records. Apparently, the great messages and vulnerability of Billy's early music has had no effect. You are like gremlins, no longer pure.
In closing, your forums are terrible and worthless. Netphoria is pointless and those who post here know that other refuges for genuine fans exist via Facebook.
Farewell and good night.
“overt sociopathic streak”

“putrid hate”

“the human heart can be a wicked place”

“spectral umbrella”

“hate and malice”

“like gremlins, no longer pure”

Old 07-21-2018, 12:28 AM   #99
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Maybe it's Billy.

Old 07-21-2018, 12:47 AM   #100
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sppunk View Post

What kind of lawsuits -beside for having shown links to leaked songs...?

Old 07-21-2018, 06:09 AM   #101
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
Maybe it's Billy.
Right?? Those word choices are awkwardly Billy.

Old 07-21-2018, 08:28 AM   #102
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

no way

Old 07-21-2018, 08:53 AM   #103
whywontyoulistn
Ownz

"Icky" isn't really a word I can imagine Billy using. Maybe it's Strawbs.

Old 07-21-2018, 09:17 PM   #104
langley
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Netphoria is pointless and those who post here know that other refuges for genuine fans exist via Facebook.
Zuckerberg, that you?

Old 07-21-2018, 09:33 PM   #105
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Oh yes those Facebook groups for tr00 fans where you get thrown out if you have any shred of candid opinion on BC are wonderful. One of us one of us one of us

Old 07-22-2018, 06:04 AM   #106
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Thumbs down

Don't make someone a life peer, what is just a pee of sad machines.

Old 07-22-2018, 06:33 AM   #107
shadow47
Demi-God

Places online where real criticism and negativity are allowed are an endangered species. Everyone should see the failure in that. If everything is "amazing," nothing is.

Old 07-22-2018, 06:15 PM   #108
pinballzero
Pledge

Quote:
Dear Netphoria, you are a terrible site. Some of the posts here and comments have been so hideous and on the darkest side of internet humanity that it feels like some icky basement in a 4-chan orgy.
You keyboard warriors forget that Billy is a fellow human. I'd take the worst of Billy then the lot of you. Some of your remarks have been cruel and border on a passive aggressive or overt sociopatic streak.
Some of the putrid hate you have is downright scary. The human heart can be a wicked place and some of you are proof.
Billy made some of the greatest records of all time. None of you have.
Billy has ventured into many things. Have some of you ventured out of your own thick skin?
The SP camp does have gracious and cool people...but Netphoria is poison. Reading some of the bile here...it completely and resolutely makes me wonder why any of you linger under this spectral umbrella of the Pumpkins, as none of you are fans at heart.
You may hate or loathe what Billy creates now, but a genuine fan of the band would never spill such hate and malice, like many of you.
The true fans are those who recognize how to cherish the past while accepting the future and present, even if it isn't a standard many of us would agree upon.
It's doubtful this post will make a difference. To me though, it does.
You hateful posters make me embarrassed to know that we've listened to the same records. Apparently, the great messages and vulnerability of Billy's early music has had no effect. You are like gremlins, no longer pure.
In closing, your forums are terrible and worthless. Netphoria is pointless and those who post here know that other refuges for genuine fans exist via Facebook.
Farewell and good night.
LULZ @ this snowflake

Old 07-22-2018, 07:41 PM   #109
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow47 View Post
Places online where real criticism and negativity are allowed are an endangered species. Everyone should see the failure in that. If everything is "amazing," nothing is.
Places like the Sad Macines Facebook group only have an authority on the nature of discussion within their own group, not anywhere else. If you don't like it there, you can come here, or to any number of general music forums. Or you're free to make your own website or Facebook page. Sad Machines can't stop you.

Conversely, the people that have been getting more frequently banned from here for being bigoted wastes of oxygen can fuck off to 4chan.

Old 07-23-2018, 01:16 AM   #110
coolstorybro
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveIsSuicide42 View Post
He reaches a whole new level of assholeness. What kind of upbringing fucked this dude up this badly? Fuck.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:12 PM   #111
solaraflame
Pledge

Exclamation

Last edited by solaraflame : 07-30-2018 at 10:50 AM.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:19 PM   #112
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

lol go fuck yourself

Old 07-23-2018, 02:30 PM   #113
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

man i sure love going places that have customs i don't understand and shitting everywhere while being the decency police

i agree with people not needing to be mean to billy and believe it or not we do censor some things. people have a right to their opinions and this is one of the only places they can express dislike without being banned. of course that breeds even more contempt. corgan himself has also been an extreme dick to people online, but i'm sure you think what he did to devi ever is completely fine.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:30 PM   #114
solaraflame
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
lol go fuck yourself
K

Old 07-23-2018, 02:33 PM   #115
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

So were the gremlins pure when they were mogwai or what's the deal there

Old 07-23-2018, 02:36 PM   #116
solaraflame
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
There are things I disagree with that are posted on here, and things I disagree with that are posted on Sad Machines/The Smashing Pumpkins Billy fan group on Facebook/The Smashing Pumpkins Reddit. There's also things I agree with posted on Netphoria and those places. I don't agree with any personal attacks on Billy and D'arcy. My criticism of Billy especially this year has been solely based on business negotiations/decisions.

One thing I give Netphoria credit for is that I am not censored on here. A post like the one you made wouldn't be allowed on other boards. I am not allowed to post on Smashing Pumpkins fan groups on Facebook. Regarding the Shiny and Oh So Bright tour, I've seen a lot of differing opinions on here since it started.
I read Alt Nation and mostly like what you do. Nothing against you.

Old 07-23-2018, 02:38 PM   #117
jpflori
Pledge

cqn I bqn people ?

Old 07-23-2018, 02:38 PM   #118
Zer0 Hour
Apocalyptic Poster

I had to look up the Devi Ever story because I wasn't familiar. Corgan really is a fucking pig.

This comment I found on the article was gold:

Is that a picture of Clint Howard with a guitar?

Old 07-23-2018, 02:48 PM   #119
myosis
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpflori View Post
cqn I bqn people ?
no, only Ram27 can

Old 07-23-2018, 02:50 PM   #120
jparker800
Pledge

Quote:
I stand by the sentiment that Netphoria is terrible because it has enabled so much ridiculous animosity and cyber-bullying,whereby it really has been a Billy and SP camp hate thread at times.
Netphoria is an extremely insignificant blip on the internet map... a niche site for a niche set of fans of a now niche band. Why then do you feel threatened by such a small contingent?

Billy has stated he no longer reads negative online opinions about himself or his music because it's counter-productive and not worth his time. So why do you?