Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-24-2017, 11:53 AM   #61
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

it will surprise nobody that I read that post as a joke and don't think it's any more racist than rappin' for Jesus

Old 08-24-2017, 01:37 PM   #62
Bread Regal
Banned

Pretty cool that racism and transphobia and doxxing attempts stay on the board but legitimate grievances about the Chinese government are quickly thwarted.

Old 08-24-2017, 01:44 PM   #63
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

remember when you wanted to be unbanned to make just one post?

I think you made me realize why.

Old 08-24-2017, 01:48 PM   #64
Bread Regal
Banned

Why hasn't that post been edited yet.

Old 08-24-2017, 02:07 PM   #65
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread Regal View Post
Pretty cool that racism and transphobia and doxxing attempts stay on the board but legitimate grievances about the Chinese government are quickly thwarted.
yeah man, it's almost like context and intentions matter or something.

Also who is doxxing?

Old 08-24-2017, 10:51 PM   #66
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
for the record that post you quoted is fucked up and i would like to see teh b0lly explain himself. i dont remember seeing it before. but you don't get to be the arbiter of who does and doesn't get to post here. and neither do i. report posts that are offensive. pm andyslash if you want direct access to the person with the actual power. quote posts like you just did and say how vile they are. but this chinese firewall shit is bullshit and you know it

that's a nice brown shirt you got on there IndyGirl.

Old 08-24-2017, 11:06 PM   #67
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

you don't even know what happened and why i responded like that. believe me it wasn't just a response to that one message and it was totally warranted.

Old 08-24-2017, 11:13 PM   #68
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

We still doing tjis

Old 08-24-2017, 11:18 PM   #69
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
you don't even know what happened and why i responded like that. believe me it wasn't just a response to that one message and it was totally warranted.

alrighty then...I'm sensitive to how words mean things and can be offensive. Point is, meaning of words can change and when you start down the road of censorship, another will take its place. That's happened plenty to the N word. Defiance of those censoring will increase until the thought police wrap up everyone in a verbal panopticon, or throw the offenders in an actual one.

obviously this a big stretch from the point you made, but, the way of the world and where its headed, this is where its going.

Old 08-24-2017, 11:19 PM   #70
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
alrighty then...I'm sensitive to how words mean things and can be offensive. Point is, meaning of words can change and when you start down the road of censorship, another will take its place. That's happened plenty to the N word. Defiance of those censoring will increase until the thought police wrap up everyone in a verbal panopticon, or throw the offenders in an actual one.

obviously this a big stretch from the point you made, but, the way of the world and where its headed, this is where its going.
I got one!

You have schizophrenia

Also you have schizophrenia, you, uh, shit head?

Old 08-24-2017, 11:20 PM   #71
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Board isn't a democracy and your free speech isn't guaranteed. Nor does it need to be. I hate the mods 2 but what can they do? They're tyrants and they're allowed to be and it's ok

Old 08-24-2017, 11:21 PM   #72
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
alrighty then...I'm sensitive to how words mean things and can be offensive.
yeah that's why you called me a brown shirt. fuck you

Old 08-24-2017, 11:21 PM   #73
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I need to stop doing disclaimers like that. Just say it

Old 08-24-2017, 11:22 PM   #74
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
yeah that's why you called me a brown shirt. fuck you
A+ retort to what he said geez

Old 08-24-2017, 11:22 PM   #75
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Can't claim that calling others nazis is wrong yet do the same because of an internet message board

Old 08-24-2017, 11:23 PM   #76
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

This is the weirdest dream I've ever had

Old 08-25-2017, 07:19 AM   #77
Bread Regal
Banned

The use of "social justice" as some kind of epithet would be offensive if it weren't so cliche.

The Chinese government sucks, is horribly oppressive to its people and reinforces the stratified class system that Mao is purported to have revolted against. Apparently I'm not allowed to say these things in order to spare the feelings of a person who made a deliberate decision to emigrate to china and continue membership in an internet web community that is likely to be used by anti-authoritarians.

That recently bumped post from way back in the distant past, the year 2015, exemplifies this dude's reluctance to widen his circle of racial privilege, and we're falling over ourselves to spare the feelings of racist shit heels like him and TOC.

Old 08-25-2017, 08:00 AM   #78
Shallowed
Braindead

I can appreciate your noble intentions, but how is baiting the Chinese government into getting teh bolly into trouble going to get us any closer to the glory days of Mao?

Old 08-25-2017, 08:07 AM   #79
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

you're so full of shit. your motives for posting that stuff were clear to everyone involved in deleting it. but yes, you're the victim and we're censoring your views that you posted in chinese about china, which had nothing to do with an purposeful attempt to fuck up someone's ability to use chinese internet

and look i don't like that post either. but trying to spin a narrative that looks sympathetic and that it was about just wanting to talk about china (by posting three threads and 10 comments in chinese) is so disingenuous and manipulative. just fucking chill would you

Old 08-25-2017, 08:41 AM   #80
Elphenor
Braindead

that's kind of amazing that he tried that, I would not have thought of it

Old 08-25-2017, 08:58 AM   #81
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

what happened with china?

Old 08-25-2017, 09:06 AM   #82
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Have you guys ever heard of notes being left in made in China products by enslaved workers of a religion not sanctioned by the government?

Old 08-25-2017, 09:07 AM   #83
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2013/06/1...ced-labor.html

Old 08-25-2017, 09:08 AM   #84
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Laogai (******************/******************) https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laogai

Old 08-25-2017, 03:56 PM   #85
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
The use of "social justice" as some kind of epithet would be offensive if it weren't so cliche.

The Chinese government sucks, is horribly oppressive to its people and reinforces the stratified class system that Mao is purported to have revolted against. Apparently I'm not allowed to say these things in order to spare the feelings of a person who made a deliberate decision to emigrate to china and continue membership in an internet web community that is likely to be used by anti-authoritarians.

That recently bumped post from way back in the distant past, the year 2015, exemplifies this dude's reluctance to widen his circle of racial privilege, and we're falling over ourselves to spare the feelings of racist shit heels like him and TOC.

- also cliche: high horse dude thinks he is above everyone. and somehow also has the right to just shit all over a board because haha, reprise will clean it up anyway!

do you shit on your floor at home too and expect a chick will wipe up after you?

the only one who is falling over himself here is you. if you want to have discussions about racist view, opinions, and statements - go ahead, nobody is saying anything against that. or make a fucking thread about tibet, you are free to do that.

trying to trigger a chinese firewall just to show someone that you can fuck with them is something else, and you know it.
it's petty, childish, and I guess one of the reasons why you demanded someone ban you two dozen times in the past, because somehow this board tempts you to waste your time on shit like this.

Old 08-26-2017, 06:34 PM   #86
Bread Regal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
high horse dude thinks he is above everyone
i don't believe i'm above everyone. just racists, fascists and their enablers.

Quote:
do you shit on your floor at home too and expect a chick will wipe up after you?
actually everyone in my house shits on the floor and nobody cleans it up.

i don't really have the energy to respond to the rest of this since you also have shown yourself to be a bootlicking enabler of fascism incapable of understanding why there are no trans or black boarders here anymore.

the admins have had endless opportunities to make this place safe and welcoming for all kinds of people, and they reliably always side with the racists, the sexists, the homophobe and the transphobes. every time.

we now return to your regularly scheduled white hegemony.

Old 08-26-2017, 07:21 PM   #87
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Relax, everyone. The Chinese government will never block this site, as they know the political unrest that would follow should their citizens be prohibited access to the latest updates on Disco King's social interactions.

I'm pretty big in East Asia. I even have a manga.

Old 08-26-2017, 07:21 PM   #88
Bread Regal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie View Post
for those of us stuck behind a paywall:

Quote:
By ANDREW JACOBS
JUNE 11, 2013
MASANJIA, China — The cry for help, a neatly folded letter stuffed inside a package of Halloween decorations sold at Kmart, traveled 5,000 miles from China into the hands of a mother of two in Oregon.

Scrawling in wobbly English on a sheet of onionskin paper, the writer said he was imprisoned at a labor camp in this northeastern Chinese town, where he said inmates toiled seven days a week, their 15-hour days haunted by sadistic guards.

“Sir: If you occasionally buy this product, please kindly resend this letter to the World Human Right Organization,” said the note, which was tucked between two ersatz tombstones and fell out when the woman, Julie Keith, opened the box in her living room last October. “Thousands people here who are under the persicution of the Chinese Communist Party Government will thank and remember you forever.”

The letter drew international news media coverage and widespread attention to China’s opaque system of “re-education through labor,” a collection of penal colonies where petty criminals, religious offenders and critics of the government can be given up to four-year sentences by the police without trial.

But the letter writer remained a mystery, the subject of speculation over whether he or she was a real inmate or a creative activist simply trying to draw attention to the issue.

Last month, though, during an interview to discuss China’s labor camps, a 47-year-old former inmate at the Masanjia camp said he was the letter’s author. The man, a Beijing resident and adherent of Falun Gong, the outlawed spiritual practice, said it was one of 20 such letters he secretly wrote over the course of two years. He then stashed them inside products whose English-language packaging, he said, made it likely they were destined for the West.

“For a long time I would fantasize about some of the letters being discovered overseas, but over time I just gave up hope and forgot about them,” said the man, who asked that only his surname, Zhang, be published for fear of reprisal.

He knew well the practices of the camp in question, which was corroborated by other inmates, and he spoke as other inmates did of their work preparing mock tombstones. His handwriting and modest knowledge of English matched those of the letter, although it was impossible to know for sure whether there were perhaps other letter writers, one of whose messages might have reached Oregon.

A part of a letter found in a package of Halloween decorations.
COURTESY OF JULIE KEITH
If Mr. Zhang’s account truly explains the letter’s origin, the feat represents one of the more successful campaigns by a follower of the Falun Gong movement, which is known for its high-profile attempts to embarrass the Chinese government after being labeled a cult and outlawed in 1999.

Emboldened by an unusually open public debate in China that has broken out here in recent months over the future of re-education through labor, scores of former inmates have come forward to tell their stories. In interviews with more than a dozen people who were imprisoned at Masanjia and other camps around the country, they described a catalog of horrific abuse, including frequent beatings, days of sleep deprivation and prisoners chained up in painful positions for weeks on end.

Several former inmates recounted the death of a fellow inmate, either from suicide or an illness that went untreated by prison officials.

“Sometimes the guards would drag me around by my hair or apply electric batons to my skin for so long, the smell of burning flesh would fill the room,” said Chen Shenchun, 55, who was given a two-year sentence for refusing to give up a petition campaign aimed at recovering unpaid wages from her accounting job at a state-owned factory.

According to former inmates, roughly half of Masanjia’s population is made up of Falun Gong practitioners or members of underground churches, with the rest a smattering of prostitutes, drug addicts and petitioners whose efforts to seek redress for perceived injustices had become an embarrassment for their hometown officials.

All agreed that the worst abuse was directed at Falun Gong members who refused to renounce their faith. In addition to the electric shocks, they said, guards would tie their limbs to four beds, and gradually kick the beds farther apart. Some inmates would be left that way for days, unfed and lying in their own excrement.

“I still can’t forget the pleas and howling,” said Liu Hua, 51, a petitioner who was imprisoned at Masanjia on three separate occasions. “That place is a living hell.”

Even if they found the work exhausting, many inmates described the time spent in Masanjia’s workshops as a respite from mistreatment or the hours of “re-education classes” that often entailed an endless recitation of camp rules or the singing of patriotic songs while standing in the broiling sun.

Much of the work involved producing clothing for the domestic market or uniforms for the People’s Armed Police. But inmates say they also assembled Christmas wreaths bound for South Korea, coat linings stuffed with duck feathers that were labeled “Made in Italy” and silk flowers that guards insisted would be sold in the United States. “Whenever we were making goods for export, they would say, ‘You better take extra care with these,’ ” said Jia Yahui, 44, a former inmate who now lives in New York.

Julie Keith, the Oregon woman who found a letter about the camp in a box of Halloween decorations.
THOMAS PATTERSON FOR THE NEW YORK TIMES
Corinna-Barbara Francis, China researcher at Amnesty International, said that abolishing or significantly reforming re-education through labor would prove daunting because it provides the police an easy way to deal with perceived troublemakers, but also because it can be lucrative for those who work within a sprawling system that includes more than 300 camps. In addition to the profits earned from the inmate labor, prison employees often solicit bribes for early release, or for better treatment, from the families of those incarcerated. “Given the serious money being made in these places, the economic incentive to keep the system going is really powerful,” she said.

During labor shortages, inmates say Masanjia officials simply buy small-time offenders from other cities on a sliding scale that begins at 800 renminbi, or about $130, for six months of labor. They ******* people like Zhang Ling, a 25-year-old from the eastern coastal city of Dalian who said she was among a group of 50 young women rounded up by the police last May during a crackdown on illegal pyramid sales schemes and then sold to Masanjia. While there, she sewed buttons on military uniforms but was released 10 months early after a brother paid for her release.

Masanjia officials did not respond to faxes and phone calls requesting an interview. Approached one recent afternoon, a half-dozen guards on a cigarette break outside the women’s work camp refused to answer any questions. One guard, however, made a point of correcting the way a question was phrased. “There are no prisoners here,” she said sternly. “They are all students.”

Sears Holdings, the owner of Kmart, declined to make an executive available for an interview. But in a brief statement, a company spokesman, Howard Riefs, said an internal investigation prompted by the discovery of the letter uncovered no violations of company rules that bar the use of forced labor. He declined to provide the name of the Chinese factory that produced the item, a $29.99 set of Halloween decorations called “Totally Ghoul” that ******* plastic spiders, synthetic cobwebs and a “bloody cloth.”

Although he was released from Masanjia in 2010, Mr. Zhang, the man who said he wrote the letter, has vivid memories of producing the plastic foam headstones, which were made to look old by painting them with a sponge. “It was an especially difficult task,” he said. “If the results were not to the liking of the guards, they would make us do them again.” He estimated that inmates produced at least 1,000 headstones during the year he worked on them.

His letter-writing subterfuge was complicated and risky. Barred from having pens and paper, Mr. Zhang said he stole a set from a desk one day while cleaning a prison office. He worked while his cellmates slept, he said, taking care not to wake those inmates — often drug addicts or convicted thieves — whose job it was to keep the others in line. He would roll up the letter and hide it inside the hollow steel bars of his bunk bed, he said.

There it would remain, sometimes for weeks, until a product designated for export was ready for packing. “Too early and it could fall out, too late and there would be no way to get it inside the box,” said Mr. Zhang, a technology professional who studied English in college.His account of life in the camp matched those of other inmates who said they produced the same Halloween-themed items.

Last December, Ms. Keith, the woman who bought the product in 2011 but did not open it until the following year, sent the letter she found to the federal Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency, which said it would look into the matter. An agency spokesman, citing protocol, said that he could not confirm whether an investigation was under way, but that such cases generally took a long time to pursue.

For Ms. Keith, a manager at Goodwill Industries, the experience has been sobering. She said she previously knew little about China, except that most of the household goods she bought were made there. “When that note popped out and my daughter picked it up, I was skeptical that it was real,” she said. “But then I Googled Masanjia and realized, ‘Whoa, this is not a good place.’ ”

Old 08-27-2017, 01:01 AM   #89
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
i don't believe i'm above everyone. just racists, fascists and their enablers.

actually everyone in my house shits on the floor and nobody cleans it up.

i don't really have the energy to respond to the rest of this since you also have shown yourself to be a bootlicking enabler of fascism incapable of understanding why there are no trans or black boarders here anymore.

the admins have had endless opportunities to make this place safe and welcoming for all kinds of people, and they reliably always side with the racists, the sexists, the homophobe and the transphobes. every time.

we now return to your regularly scheduled white hegemony.
there's at least one black boarder, and i believe more than that. if toc was specifically targeting anyone with his hate he would be banned, but he doesn't. that's where we decided the line was. people are allowed to have terrible opinions. although i personally think it goes beyond that with him, i don't have the final say in banning him. but i can live with that, because it's not a personal insult to me to have someone i disagree with who i think is a bigot on the forum.

i know you think several people here are racists and you should be the arbiter of who crosses the line and needs to be banned, but you aren't. why that is such a big deal to you is clearly beyond me. just ignore people you don't like

Old 08-27-2017, 01:18 AM   #90
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

https://media0.giphy.com/media/SUGOg....webp#12-grid1