Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2018, 01:46 AM   #31
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

yeah its awesome. evil cooper fuckin pwns!

Old 07-06-2018, 01:12 AM   #32
redbreegull

I'm rewatching the finale for the first time now. Seriously the best tv show ever.

but real talk, why has the population on the sign not been updated in 25 years

Old 07-06-2018, 02:16 AM   #33
FoolofaTook

heh.

the return is waay better than the first two seasons. this shit is up there with blue velvet.

Old 07-06-2018, 02:49 AM   #34
FoolofaTook

Old 07-06-2018, 09:34 AM   #35
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
heh.

the return is waay better than the first two seasons. this shit is up there with blue velvet.
The Return is absolutely incredible. Pure unfiltered, un-fucked with, Lynch.

EP8 THO

Old 07-06-2018, 10:12 AM   #36
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I'm rewatching the finale for the first time now. Seriously the best tv show ever.

but real talk, why has the population on the sign not been updated in 25 years
I'm betting at this point the town's so consumed with drug and crime problems that it's actually become a very rotten place to be and that thing's been completely forgotten.

Rewatching The Return/S3 now for the first time since it aired. It's majestic.

I want to live in this world even though that would be a very, very bad idea. Lynch is inspiring; watching this series got me to start painting again.

Also thank you sln for that Low cover

Any of you guys read the books? Mostly good but some really disappointing official ends for some characters who didn't make it into S3.

Old 07-06-2018, 10:29 AM   #37
FoolofaTook

episode eight is a total mindfuck

Old 07-06-2018, 01:13 PM   #38
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
I'm betting at this point the town's so consumed with drug and crime problems that it's actually become a very rotten place to be and that thing's been completely forgotten.

Rewatching The Return/S3 now for the first time since it aired. It's majestic.

I want to live in this world even though that would be a very, very bad idea. Lynch is inspiring; watching this series got me to start painting again.

Also thank you sln for that Low cover

Any of you guys read the books? Mostly good but some really disappointing official ends for some characters who didn't make it into S3.
I read the books. What were you disappointed by?

One thing that I loved about the Dossier is that it's written from within the confines of Tammy's perspective, and if you are an attentive watcher, there are a few things she is probably wrong about in her conclusions

Old 07-06-2018, 02:03 PM   #39
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Yes, Frost did say the Secret History was intentionally written to appear as a bundle of researched documents that would intentionally contain a number of inaccuracies, There's a ton of them.

For me it was the handling in the Dossier of Annie and Donna's histories in the 25-year period. It wasn't that I was expecting everyone to have great and happy endings, but those just seemed to go out of their way to drag the characters through the muck.

IIRC Doc Hayward even said in one of the Missing Pieces Annie would be fine.

That quibble aside I found them tremendously entertaining reads. I especially loved the big about Nixon showing Jackie Gleason seeing what apparently was the Experiment/Judy. Spooky.

Old 07-06-2018, 04:08 PM   #40
redbreegull

spoilers (from the books only) below:

I didn't really mind what Frost did with Donna because it seemed in line with her character to me. She was always a narcissistic and immature drama queen who couldn't stop meddling in other people's business and fucking shit up. Her disowning her family seemed to be the direction she was headed by the end of S2 anyway. At least she got a happy ending in that she reconciled with her dad. Poor Doc Hayward was always just trying to do what was right.

The Annie/Norma thing is what bothered me most. Completely rewriting Norma and Annie's family history seemed both weird and unnecessary to me. Making Vivian the evil stepmother makes sense I guess but I don't really get what that adds to the story. It honestly makes me wonder if what Frost said in Secret History was actually just a big fuck up and he had to reconcile the mistake somehow in the Dossier.

Annie probably was physically "fine," but going into the Black Lodge had apparently destroyed her soul or something... Hawk says if you enter with impure courage it will annihilate you.

One thing which I noticed and want to point out is that Tammy says Leo was shot by someone who planted their feet "bureau style," and thus concludes Windom Earl returned to the shack and killed Leo at some point. This is possible, but I think she is wrong because based on what we are shown in S2, Earl ties up Leo with the spiders to torture him or whatever and then goes straight to the Miss Twin Peaks contest, after which he goes to the Black Lodge. We aren't shown anything indicating he would have had time or opportunity to go back to his cabin to murder Leo. I think Doppelganger found and killed Leo, and he went to Earl's cabin for a specific reason. Is it just a coincidence Doppelganger has an identical mysterious communication device in a suitcase as Windom Earl?

Old 07-07-2018, 09:20 AM   #41
bright_doom
Ownz

http://i68.tinypic.com/2cd732x.png

http://i65.tinypic.com/2n6cgsp.png

Old 07-07-2018, 10:17 AM   #42
redbreegull

I tried to show Twin Peaks to a friend and his reaction was honestly like this

"Uhhh why is everyone acting so weird? Is the acting supposed to be this bad? I don't get why this show is supposed to be so important."

Old 07-07-2018, 10:42 AM   #43
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

what is it with people who feel the need to let people know who actually accomplished something in whatever segment, that they "are bad" at it?

what thought process exactly would lead someone to hit up a chef mechanic and go "dude, you are really bad at fixing cars" as someone who never even changed a tire?

what happened to "I don't like/not for me/I don't get it" instead of "they are really bad at x", once upon a time that judgment was reserved for people who know what they are talking about.

this shit pisses me off to no end.

now I'm gonna search for some A listed soccer player on facebook to let them know that they are a really bad player, that will teach them.

Old 07-07-2018, 11:01 AM   #44
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

the fuck

Old 07-07-2018, 11:34 AM   #45
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
what is it with people who feel the need to let people know who actually accomplished something in whatever segment, that they "are bad" at it?

what thought process exactly would lead someone to hit up a chef mechanic and go "dude, you are really bad at fixing cars" as someone who never even changed a tire?

what happened to "I don't like/not for me/I don't get it" instead of "they are really bad at x", once upon a time that judgment was reserved for people who know what they are talking about.

this shit pisses me off to no end.

now I'm gonna search for some A listed soccer player on facebook to let them know that they are a really bad player, that will teach them.
it's pc run amonk

Old 07-07-2018, 06:13 PM   #46
bright_doom
Ownz

I screenshot that back in February but I can't seem to find the original anymore. But I do remember she liked her own post.. -_-

Also, apologies for posting her full name, but my phone is too old for that "blurring names on photos" thing I sometimes see.

Old 07-07-2018, 07:52 PM   #47
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i think it's ok, there are like 50 million lisa robinsons

Old 07-12-2018, 08:18 AM   #48
bright_doom
Ownz

1 year later, the original season 3 thread makes for a good read..

http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=184934

Old 07-12-2018, 10:54 AM   #49
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
Is it just a coincidence Doppelganger has an identical mysterious communication device in a suitcase as Windom Earl?
Did they both use the same thing? That's a pretty direct link. Earle dumping tarantulas on him, leaving and coming back to shoot him does strike me as awkward. I like this version better, gotta say.

Recently:

Kristine McKenna: Where is Carrie Page right now?

David Lynch: No idea.

KM: Is she waiting for you to get back to her?

DL: I say, it’s calling… but the signal has a lot of disturbances.

Ohhh, man. I think he's on board for more.

Old 07-12-2018, 01:48 PM   #50
myosis
Minion of Satan

how can the acting be considered bad? sure Josie and James are a little stale... but Ben, Leland, Catherine, Lucy, Albert, Bobby and his dad are all epic.

watching the thing 25 years later, i suppose the period's soap opera tribute style went over their head. yeah the music is corny, no shit.

Old 07-12-2018, 02:04 PM   #51
FoolofaTook

i like this brother:

Old 07-12-2018, 02:06 PM   #52
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
Did they both use the same thing? That's a pretty direct link. Earle dumping tarantulas on him, leaving and coming back to shoot him does strike me as awkward. I like this version better, gotta say.

Recently:

Kristine McKenna: Where is Carrie Page right now?

David Lynch: No idea.

KM: Is she waiting for you to get back to her?

DL: I say, it’s calling… but the signal has a lot of disturbances.

Ohhh, man. I think he's on board for more.
yeah, it's literally the same device. I think it's in Ep3 of the Return, when Doppelganger receives a "call" from "Phillip Jeffries," who is quickly revealed to not be Philip Jeffries ("You are going back in soon. And I will be with Bob again.") My thought is that it is a government device from Project Blue Book (which Earl worked on) which allows for interdimensional phone calls essentially. Judy was probably calling Doppelganger to threaten him.

But yeah I think it's way too much of a coincidence for Doppelganger to have this EXACT same device unless it was he who "planted his feet bureau style," shot Leo, took Earl's shit, and made off. Remember, after Doppelganger left the hospital, he went and saw Briggs.... who had JUST been held captive at Earl's cabin with Leo within the last few days.

Old 07-12-2018, 02:09 PM   #53
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
how can the acting be considered bad? sure Josie and James are a little stale... but Ben, Leland, Catherine, Lucy, Albert, Bobby and his dad are all epic.

watching the thing 25 years later, i suppose the period's soap opera tribute style went over their head. yeah the music is corny, no shit.
Yeah, I think the soap operatic element is lost on some younger viewers maybe? But also, some of that is just David Lynch's style, which is actively surrealist, strange, unsettling, etc.

Old 07-15-2018, 10:21 PM   #54
redbreegull

If any of you live in Brooklyn, you may want to check out this place, which has damn fine coffee, and some Twin Peaks art inside, including Laura's homecoming picture hung behind the counter

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...00&oe=5BE31D0B

Old 07-31-2018, 08:48 PM   #55
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Old 07-31-2018, 11:11 PM   #56
redbreegull

gotta light?

Old 08-10-2018, 11:18 PM   #57
redbreegull

https://slack-imgs.com/?c=1&url=http...6oe%3D5BFC2CF4

Old 08-11-2018, 05:14 PM   #58
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

http://i63.tinypic.com/2v2cv2a.jpg

Old 08-11-2018, 08:35 PM   #59
redbreegull

It somehow just felt "right" that James was one of the essential people in Truman's office when Bob was finally defeated. I'm not sure why, cause I loved to hate him in the original series. Maybe because out of all Laura's sexual relationships, he was the only one who really loved her. Laura is the one, and it just seemed correct that James, who ultimately let her go into Bob's hands on that night at Sparkwood and 21, brought in the deux ex machina (green glove dude) to destroy Bob decades later. Also interesting that James was hanging around the great northern where the good electrical humming portal thing is that Cooper had to go through.

Too many connections and coincidences to every really draw a sensible map out of. It's kind of insane that Lynch and Frost brought it all together in a way that feels like it makes perfect sense even though it's actually too complex and vague to figure out

Old 09-07-2018, 11:59 AM   #60
redbreegull

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...e0&oe=5C28113C