Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2017, 11:48 PM   #61
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
playoffs this year are one gigantic bore let's be honest here

in fact this entire season has been a horrific snoozefest save for some individual efforts here and there
Actually they're pretty dramatic and badass so far.

Old 04-24-2017, 11:49 PM   #62
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
again, if you want to find out whether I am giving you a hard time for no reason, I invite you to try and call a non-white person "colored" and find out exactly what kind of reaction it will provoke. some people only learn one way.
I would never say that to someone because I don't even consider in my mind that it's something that would need to be addressed. I couldn't give a fuck about what someones ancestral background is. But unfortunately in these major American institutions, it does play a major role. Just read Shaq's autobiography if you wanna understand some of the racism these guys face.

When I mention "colored" players, I'm talking from the standpoint of the racist empty ball-bags (as if it wasn't obvious enough for you to realize)

Old 04-25-2017, 12:43 AM   #63
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

another thing to note is that basketball players always get way more flak about their personalities than any other sport

and do you think it has to do with the fact that its the most individual team sport with the fewest players ?

do you think maybe your perception is magnifying russell westbrook's personality flaws when if he was a running back barreling between tackles like marshawn lynch he'd have a helmet on and he'd be practically anonymous?

if you don't like primadonnas watch the spurs or the grizz or the jazz and just don't watch russ or james harden jfc

or watch cricket or something idgaf just give these guys a break

Old 04-25-2017, 12:48 AM   #64
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
Actually they're pretty dramatic and badass so far.
thing is in a way he's right the finals will be cavs/warriors that's foretold

everything else is really open. imagine if everyone went back into a double elimination tournament while the cavs and the warriors played a 15 game series

the biggest problem i think is that casual fans (who are typically people who watched jordan in their youth) get in this malaise and act like literally nothing matters but the playoffs, then the playoffs get here and they act like nothing matters but winning a championship, and then the finals get here and they're like but its so predictable then they don't watch that and at the end of the year they say they like basketball but they haven't watched a whole game in years and all they do is complain

Old 04-25-2017, 12:53 AM   #65
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Cricket has had its fair share of arrogant show ponies, too, I'm afraid.

http://i.imgur.com/79phphc.jpg

Old 04-25-2017, 12:54 AM   #66
Trotskilicious
Banned

are you saying that macho performative sports may result in aggressive self-aggrandizement ???

this is an outrage!!!

Old 04-25-2017, 12:59 AM   #67
buzzard
Minion of Satan

It's a possibility we must consider.

http://i.imgur.com/umCOg9O.jpg

Old 04-25-2017, 01:07 AM   #68
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

i guess i'm just getting old and cynical and don't like what's become of basketball because most of the players and teams i loved are gone. when pop retires and this spurs team dissolves it'll be fucking tragic, like none of it ever existed.

anyway, regardless of all the softer play style/officiating and the primadonna thing (whether i have a point or not), the game IS played at a high level but i guess i just don't have that much interest in it anymore. so my bad i guess.

Old 04-25-2017, 01:08 AM   #69
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

i do wish russ had it better than trailing 3-1 to the rockets though

Old 04-25-2017, 02:51 AM   #70
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
are you saying that macho performative sports may result in aggressive self-aggrandizement ???

this is an outrage!!!
But you just ripped on my fav game for this culture =(

Old 04-25-2017, 03:12 AM   #71
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

btw is this thread sponsored by KIA pls answr i need to know

Old 04-25-2017, 03:32 AM   #72
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

U a spurs fan teh b0llz?

mother of god

Old 04-25-2017, 04:10 AM   #73
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

i just have great respect for the franchise. they're an amazing organization and pop i want pop to be my dad

Old 04-25-2017, 04:17 AM   #74
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I would never say that to someone because I don't even consider in my mind that it's something that would need to be addressed.
ah yes of course just like when someone robbed you right?

Old 04-25-2017, 07:47 AM   #75
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Cricket has had its fair share of arrogant show ponies, too, I'm afraid.

http://i.imgur.com/79phphc.jpg
what the fuck...

Old 04-25-2017, 07:47 AM   #76
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
It's a possibility we must consider.

http://i.imgur.com/umCOg9O.jpg
...is this shit

Old 04-25-2017, 07:48 AM   #77
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
ah yes of course just like when someone robbed you right?
loooooooooool

Old 04-25-2017, 06:20 PM   #78
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
But you just ripped on my fav game for this culture =(
in regular sports people generally are expected to be team players & good sports. some people are not of course but they're outliers. athletes are generally considered to be in poor form if they go after other players without reason (like markieff morris calling paul milsap a crybaby) and if they go after their own team that's just

in pro league especially everyone is expected to be a total anus & act like a dick all the time & talk shit about the other team, other players, their own team etc. and because gamer culture is so completely debased from actual humanity & koreans enjoy when celebs behave extremely badly because they're such a repressed & rigid social culture, these are the popular pro gamers. in gamerworld everyone is kobe. but unfortunately unlike kobe you're not good at anything but clicking a mouse and you probably don't have a chin & could get beat up & you couldn't jump over an aston martin coming directly at you

i like the ones that disband the team when they lose because "they don't care about this game anymore"

further, league of legends is a toxic game with a toxic culture built atop a toxic waste dump. you have five people on the team but you're competing against each other & against the other team & there's one hero on the board that is going to "carry" the game at the end. Its anti-sport just by the way its made, and its ridiculous pepe culture reflects that. if i were to give watching any MOBA a shot it would be heroes of the storm because team play is built in, but that's probably 'gay' or 'casual' or 'easy' because the shithuffing monsters that play league have already invested twelve million hours unlocking their runes or whatever. fuck league. however i've played heroes for a year now and still have not much interest in watching people play it competitively

and lastly i watch sports to see humans do things i can't even believe, when i watch clips of people playing a moba i'm like wow you sure clicked that screen super fast wicked (who cares)

i'll only ever watch esports if the winning team gets sacrificed to the serpent god or if people start behaving like good sports & not petulant pepes

Last edited by Trotskilicious : 04-25-2017 at 06:32 PM.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:27 PM   #79
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
in regular sports people generally are expected to be team players & good sports. some people are not of course but they're outliers. athletes are generally considered to be in poor form if they go after other players without reason (like markieff morris calling paul milsap a crybaby) and if they go after their own team that's just

in pro league especially everyone is expected to be a total anus & act like a dick all the time & talk shit about the other team, other players, their own team etc. and because gamer culture is so completely debased from actual humanity & koreans enjoy when celebs behave extremely badly because they're such a repressed & rigid social culture, these are the popular pro gamers. in gamerworld everyone is kobe. but unfortunately unlike kobe you're not good at anything but clicking a mouse and you probably don't have a chin & could get beat up & you couldn't jump over an aston martin coming directly at you

i like the ones that disband the team when they lose because "they don't care about this game anymore"

further, league of legends is a toxic game with a toxic culture built atop a toxic waste dump. you have five people on the team but you're competing against each other & against the other team & there's one hero on the board that is going to "carry" the game at the end. Its anti-sport just by the way its made, and its ridiculous pepe culture reflects that. if i were to give watching any MOBA a shot it would be heroes of the storm because team play is built in, but that's probably 'gay' or 'casual' or 'easy' because the shithuffing monsters that play league have already invested twelve million hours unlocking their runes or whatever. fuck league. however i've played heroes for a year now and still have not much interest in watching people play it competitively

and lastly i watch sports to see humans do things i can't even believe, when i watch clips of people playing a moba i'm like wow you sure clicked that screen super fast wicked (who cares)

i'll only ever watch esports if the winning team gets sacrificed to the serpent god or if people start behaving like good sports & not petulant pepes
I agree with you that gaming communities are total trash

And that league is a game that breeds toxicity in a solo queue environment because you do have to play it 9v1 very selfish hog the ball style if you want to rank up consistently (they tried to combat this by pushing people to play with on teams with their friends removing the "solo" aspect)

but in professional play it is very team orientated and there's actually probably less "superstar" elements to it than traditional sports

Old 04-25-2017, 07:29 PM   #80
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post

what the fuck is even being discussed here?

god damn are you somebody's dad or what

Old 04-25-2017, 07:30 PM   #81
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
And that league is a game that breeds toxicity in a solo queue environment because you do have to play it 9v1 very selfish hog the ball style if you want to rank up consistently (they tried to combat this by pushing people to play with on teams with their friends removing the "solo" aspect)
nah i'm more talking about how you're all leveling up individually & have the tactical "carry" these mechanics are extremely bad

Old 04-25-2017, 07:33 PM   #82
Elphenor
Braindead

physical sports do have the advantage of displaying feats that are amazing even if you have no idea how the game works

I just like that I can play the exact same game that I'm spectating it makes it that much more amazing when a moveset I fumble with is pushed to its absolute creative limits

you can't ever play full 5v5 ref'd Bball

Last edited by Elphenor : 04-25-2017 at 07:42 PM.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:40 PM   #83
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
nah i'm more talking about how you're all leveling up individually & have the tactical "carry" these mechanics are extremely bad
they end up forcing people to play the non-carry roles so I can't completely disagree

but you can carry the game from a support class if you're great and I know plenty of dedicated support players

Old 04-25-2017, 08:13 PM   #84
buzzard
Minion of Satan

With whom you're friends?

Old 04-25-2017, 10:12 PM   #85
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
i guess i'm just getting old and cynical and don't like what's become of basketball because most of the players and teams i loved are gone. when pop retires and this spurs team dissolves it'll be fucking tragic, like none of it ever existed.

anyway, regardless of all the softer play style/officiating and the primadonna thing (whether i have a point or not), the game IS played at a high level but i guess i just don't have that much interest in it anymore. so my bad i guess.

Interesting. Dub fans like me are still pinching ourselves at what's unfolded since the new ownership took over. This time too shall pass, but it will be the team this franchise will be remembered by for decades to come. I'd say the same for the Spurs emphasizing the one point I partly disagree with you on, that it would seem it never existed.

Steph Curry has 3 more championships to go before he even approaches Joe Montana's revered status around here and he hasn't played in over 20 years.

Old 04-25-2017, 11:30 PM   #86
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
...is this shit
I've seen this guy on TV a few times in dart championships. It's crazy, They do it at an arena in Australia and all the fans are going crazy and treating that guy like a rock-star. Goddamn Aussies

Old 04-26-2017, 05:34 AM   #87
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
thing is in a way he's right the finals will be cavs/warriors that's foretold

everything else is really open. imagine if everyone went back into a double elimination tournament while the cavs and the warriors played a 15 game series

the biggest problem i think is that casual fans (who are typically people who watched jordan in their youth) get in this malaise and act like literally nothing matters but the playoffs, then the playoffs get here and they act like nothing matters but winning a championship, and then the finals get here and they're like but its so predictable then they don't watch that and at the end of the year they say they like basketball but they haven't watched a whole game in years and all they do is complain
Half-ass fans

So assuming y'all close out the Grizz, Rockets-Spurs should be pretty hardcore. Beverly on Leonard maybe.

Old 04-26-2017, 05:35 AM   #88
TuralyonW3
Immortal

http://www.espn.com/blog/houston-roc...tles-westbrook

Wah wah Westbrook

Old 04-26-2017, 07:48 PM   #89
Trotskilicious
Banned

lmao what are you talking about he crushed that "i didn't know what he was talking about i had 42 at the time" i mean CRUSHED IT

Old 04-26-2017, 07:49 PM   #90
Trotskilicious
Banned

bev should go into seculsion in the west wing after that savaging

he's also 6-1 so if you want to play him on 6-8 kawhi be my guest. its not like you have a great defender on the wing or anything lol like trevor ariza, like can you imagine if you had someone like trevor ariza to match up with his physical duplicate man wow

Last edited by Trotskilicious : 04-27-2017 at 12:13 AM.