Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 10-16-2012, 11:39 PM   #1
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Default Go to the gym to blow off steam, come home and rant online to blow off steam

This particular situation is somewhat not really my fault, but how many of you have serious problems with procrastination and function best under the pressure of an extremely close deadline? What should you be doing instead of posting in this slop hole? I care about these things, the habits and thoughts of strangers.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:41 PM   #2
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Set a goal. "I'll fuck around until eight o'clock." That way you fuck around, and you get to work, and you can fuck around with zero guilt because you know you'll get to work.

This thread is a duovamp advice thread now.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:42 PM   #3
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Housework

Old 10-16-2012, 11:43 PM   #4
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Housework is a job that the man running the household needs to delegate to the wife, and daughter, if need be. Simple chores can make a woman's life feel like it has meaning. Be sure to reward your woman with a kind word every now and again to let her know she's appreciated. But be firm when she gets out of line.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:43 PM   #5
null123
Minion of Satan

internship application

been going strong for two weeks now without caving to the pressure to do things that are good for my life

Old 10-16-2012, 11:46 PM   #6
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

An internship is a great way to start a career. There are lots of places willing to hire secretaries, but it always helps to have job experience, Charmbag.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:50 PM   #7
Order 66
Socialphobic

i don't have any deadlines since i'm not in school anymore and work things get done on the clock. but there are bigger things i want to do with my life and it doesnt help that i'm either at the gym or online if i'm not at work

Old 10-16-2012, 11:51 PM   #8
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Gyms are great places to find guys willing to suck some cock in a shower, no strings attached.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:04 AM   #9
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by killtrocity View Post
This particular situation is somewhat not really my fault, but how many of you have serious problems with procrastination and function best under the pressure of an extremely close deadline? What should you be doing instead of posting in this slop hole? I care about these things, the habits and thoughts of strangers.
all i can think of are having rewards for yourself for doing what you need to do, but i think some people just work best under pressure, for better or worse. if you find a way to trick your brain into thinking you're under pressure when you're not, and also that trick doesn't make you super fucking anxious all the time and hypersensitive/critical, let me know

Old 10-17-2012, 12:27 AM   #10
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

That actually seems possible. Sometimes I think shit is due earlier than it actually is.

And duo that might work too/ It's like that movie with Hugh Grant where he lives off of royalties and just fucks around all day but he has this finely ordered schedule because doing one thing for too long gets intimidating existentially or whatever

Old 10-17-2012, 12:34 AM   #11
Eulogy
huh

i'm in a holding pattern. i can't do anything productive and i'm 99% sure i won't suffer any consequences because of it.

i wish i had an actual reason to get shit done. right now i'm going through the motions because it's all i have.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:20 AM   #12
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

Location: you look like you like to hang out. you look like you like to hang out and drink soda

picking up my laundry
making copies and mailing out stuff for an insurance claim
lunch
shower

Old 10-17-2012, 01:24 AM   #13
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

when i feel good i am productive. when i dont i do nothing.

but make it a responsibility to take care of someone else, or do something for someone else who interpersonally depends on you (relationships, work, etc) and i will almost always be productive for someone else or the sake of a team

of course when im really depressed and dont leave the house or talk to anyway that situation never comes up so it's a frightening cycle

but anyway my point is, what about something like... you know how there's fitness sites where people post how they are doing, and it motivates people to do better just for the sake of being able to tell someone else they did X and Y or whatever? individuals doing better totally affect how everyone else strives. do you think having a buddy to run by what you've accomplished for school (for example) might make you feel more motivated, for competition's sake or solidarity or something like that?

Old 10-17-2012, 01:30 AM   #14
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by duovamp View Post
Housework is a job that the man running the household needs to delegate to the wife, and daughter, if need be. Simple chores can make a woman's life feel like it has meaning. Be sure to reward your woman with a kind word every now and again to let her know she's appreciated. But be firm when she gets out of line.
This is pretty much how it goes here, now I feel kinda disturbed.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:32 AM   #15
TuralyonW3
Immortal

I finally made a dentist and doctors appointment, both on the same day. Eghh

Old 10-17-2012, 01:40 AM   #16
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

good luck

Old 10-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #17
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
but anyway my point is, what about something like... you know how there's fitness sites where people post how they are doing, and it motivates people to do better just for the sake of being able to tell someone else they did X and Y or whatever? individuals doing better totally affect how everyone else strives. do you think having a buddy to run by what you've accomplished for school (for example) might make you feel more motivated, for competition's sake or solidarity or something like that?
This actually does help to a certain extent - my classmates and I are rather tightly knit since we're all taking the same shit, and for the people who actually care about grades, it is a motivating factor.

Old 10-17-2012, 11:01 AM   #18
hnibos
Braindead

Livin' the dream.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:36 PM   #19
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

i'm interning with a non-profit, taking a grant writing course at depaul, and doing some wack ass work from home junk whenever time permits. iz all good.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:59 PM   #20
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
when i feel good i am productive. when i dont i do nothing.
have you thought of doing productive things to feel good instead of waiting until you feel good to do productive things?

Old 10-17-2012, 06:20 PM   #21
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

We're creatures of habit, yo. Patterns are self-sustaining. We are all victims of causality, shaped by our environment. Inertia is an extremely powerful force and energy is required to escape it.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:55 PM   #22
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
have you thought of doing productive things to feel good instead of waiting until you feel good to do productive things?
yes and i do however when you're as depressed as i get (got) sometimes it is literally impossible, im not exaggerating

like when you dont have enough energy to change your clothes for two weeks you're not in any state of mind to do something productive

Old 10-17-2012, 11:44 PM   #23
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
i'm in a holding pattern. i can't do anything productive and i'm 99% sure i won't suffer any consequences because of it.

i wish i had an actual reason to get shit done. right now i'm going through the motions because it's all i have.
i thought you said you weren't depressed

Old 10-18-2012, 06:27 AM   #24
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

Location: you look like you like to hang out. you look like you like to hang out and drink soda

all i feel like doing today is eating and sleeping. i go through cycles where for about a week or so i cant sleep, no appetite, and then it turns around and i cant stop sleeping and want to eat everything in sight. then it reverses back after a week or so.

no i'm not high. havent smoked in 2+wks.

i'm curled up in bed yawning trying to decide between a redbull and a shower, or chicken strips or an egg sandwich or roti or prantha or pizza or a special chicken burger(omg) or a double special chicken burger or sambal or noodles or spring rolls or samosas...oh man. i just want to EAT.

Old 10-18-2012, 06:30 AM   #25
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

special chicken burger:

they cook the burger, then they wrap it up in an egg like a little present. but not before putting mayo and cheese on the meat. then they put it on a toasted bun with sweet chili sauce, tom, lettuce and onion.

$1.50

Old 10-18-2012, 06:39 AM   #26
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

i'm getting these ads after posting that
http://i.imgur.com/AvLzp.jpg

Old 10-18-2012, 12:09 PM   #27
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

i opted for the redbull and shower.

then i went to open mic and had a few beers.

came home and got a chicken special at midnight.

i know yall were on the edge of your seat about this. you're welcome.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #28
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Open mic nights are fun, I wanna go up one time.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:19 AM   #29
SuckSuckStyle
Socialphobic

yeah i love em. i went up last night but it had been a while i was so nervous. but afterwards i always get a high from it so it was awesome. i'm on the bill for 2 more shows in the next few weeks doing storytelling. yee.