Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2008, 10:56 PM   #1
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Lightbulb Predict the speed-ramping in Watchmen

So the movie. What moments from the comic will we see slowed way the fuck down? And then, probably, suddenly sped back up? See Zack Snyder's 300 or his Dawn of the Dead remake if you don't know the film technique I'm talking about.

My pick: Rorschach flings the hot grease at his assailant in prison.

No fair picking moments we've already seen ramped in the trailer.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:02 PM   #2
sickbadthing
Out fart the hottie!

i don't know. it's probably just going to piss me off.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:04 PM   #3
noyen
Immortal

im already pissed off about it.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:09 PM   #4
sickbadthing
Out fart the hottie!

let's find zack snyder and rape him, kill him and then feed him to hungry puppies.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:17 PM   #5
avsfan7733
Apocalyptic Poster

spoiler

i hope they blow rorschach up in slow mo.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:22 PM   #6
MercuryChild
Apocalyptic Poster

spoiler?

read the script. the ending events were changed completely . makes sense though cause the book ending is a bit ridiculous.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:47 PM   #7
barden
Braindead

in some desperate hour lies cold hands. you bastards. i can’t see you. and i’m tired of trying. to die. to live in some dream. it’s so dark here now. there are no songs for inspiration. no light. i told you all i’ll break myself for clarity. i wonder about you, “Little Boy Black”. no reason to try, but there’s some animal magnetism. fighting and biting. trying to glue me to you. your liquidated eyes. and i seem such a fool, but i can’t play too carefully, cause i don’t want you to see me. don’t want you to know me. it’s too easy to be safe in others lies. still, i thought i saw something i knew in your eyes. cold blue whirlpool. i could need you, but you’re something more real. and i could swear i know you. just stained, dark memories. and i don’t know how to feel. and you look at me like that. so cold, so calm. i’m the emotional monster and i guess you’ll never know that my hands are porcelain and my eyes are fire. and my heart breathes irregular. i look to see you, barely there. so perfect, a picture. and it could all be destroyed with one careless move of my shaking hand.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:27 AM   #8
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryChild View Post
read the script.
Which? I think the end is different in each. Certainly the... I will remain vague... the broad strokes of the plan remain the same, but the way it is implemented is different. Whose script did you read?

I have to say, I have faith that this could be really good. The reports of the twenty minutes of footage several people got to see were uniformly excellent. They described the speed ramping as capturing a moment the way the frame of a comic does, rather than only being cool for cool's sake. Snyder was certainly not on my list of dream directors for this. I think Greengrass could have done something amazing. But I'm actually pretty hopeful. For now. And it's rumored there's a test screening going on Thursday night. So we're all about to find out.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:29 AM   #9
Ugly
Immortal

Location: Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed

Only Snyder's slow-mo fetish can distrupt the awesomeness of Watchmen. And at most that'll be a minor irritation because the story is so solid (and from the trailer he took from the book for frames anyway).

Save the monster mindfuck alien squid! The monster mindfuck alien squid is the heart of the movie!!! (don't tell me if/if not he's there, I only half-saw the post above).

Old 10-16-2008, 12:38 AM   #10
avsfan7733
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryChild View Post
spoiler?

read the script. the ending events were changed completely . makes sense though cause the book ending is a bit ridiculous.
i dont know what script you're talking about. All signs, interviews, and reports have pointed to the ending being the same, with the possible exception of the squid.

Old 10-16-2008, 01:15 AM   #11
Ugly
Immortal

Location: Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
I think Greengrass could have done something amazing.
Actually, I think Snyder changed it to be more true to the comic. I'm pretty sure Greengrass was going to a modern setting War-On-Terror motif with Jude Law as nite-owl, and Synder set it back to the 80s with Nixon in his 5th term. Never thought that the 300 guy would be better than the Boune guy, but maybe that happened.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:42 AM   #12
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

I'm aware of how he would have approached the adaptation, yes. I'm far less concerned with faithfulness to the source material than I am about great storytelling. And I believe the rumors involved Law as Ozy.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:52 AM   #13
Pizza Club
Apocalyptic Poster

I read from one of the sites that saw the preview that the jail fight scene was slow-mo'd and extended, but well done. I think it was aintitcool or cinematical.