Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2020, 05:37 PM   #91
myosis
Minion of Satan

Apparently some scientists think there is promise with large doses of quercetin as a remedy.

Old 02-24-2020, 05:38 PM   #92
myosis
Minion of Satan

recently they seemed to rely on chloroquine, which is nasty

Old 02-24-2020, 05:51 PM   #93
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

My remedy will be a substantial stockpile of high-powered firearms and non-perishable food items.

Old 02-24-2020, 05:56 PM   #94
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

diet sars can get fucked. you know where I live. come get me

Old 02-24-2020, 06:44 PM   #95
myosis
Minion of Satan

https://www.theage.com.au/national/a...400d54a46e2e5f

A factory in Melbourne has started producing a test dose of a potential coronavirus vaccine which scientists will begin testing on animals this week.

The test vaccine was developed in just six weeks by University of Queensland researchers using world-first molecular clamp technology invented in Australia.

Old 02-24-2020, 08:55 PM   #96
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by duovamp View Post
Seems like 25 million Americans will inevitably be dead by the end of the year. Christ.
I don't know about that but probably at least thousands, possibly hundreds of thousands. It really just depends how deadly it ends up being. If it's 1% and 10% of the country gets it (u think your all that bc u know how many ppl are in the usa), that's 300k deaths. If half the country gets it, let's say it's 150 million, that's 1.5 million deaths.

Last edited by reprise85 : 02-24-2020 at 09:04 PM.

Old 02-24-2020, 09:20 PM   #97
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
https://www.theage.com.au/national/a...400d54a46e2e5f

A factory in Melbourne has started producing a test dose of a potential coronavirus vaccine which scientists will begin testing on animals this week.

The test vaccine was developed in just six weeks by University of Queensland researchers using world-first molecular clamp technology invented in Australia.
That is excellent and unexpected. Definitely wary of any vaccine made that fast but it might just be our best hope anyway

Old 02-24-2020, 09:21 PM   #98
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
Apparently some scientists think there is promise with large doses of quercetin as a remedy.
any more info on this? haven't heard anything about it. I do see articles about the original SARS though

Old 02-24-2020, 10:39 PM   #99
myosis
Minion of Satan

i've seen two articles on the subject, but they were from our national media, in French.

here's one:
https://www.msn.com/fr-ca/actualites...us/ar-BB10lhhI

Old 02-24-2020, 11:56 PM   #100
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Unofficial, doctor in Iran says gov't is blocking true statistics, and in the city of Qom 250 have been quarantined and 32 deaths... official count, however, is 47/12 https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/01/31...-SfkRMnA6-l0Nc

18 new American cases from the cruise ship, were negative after extra quarantine (so 14 days on ship + 14 days in Japan) now positive

This is bad.

Old 02-25-2020, 01:58 AM   #101
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Saw that the White House says needs billions dollars for virus fite

But we already gave them all our dollars to fix the big fence that keeps the bad hombres down south from coming too far north.

Gonna need the rest of that paycheck for doritos and new roku remotes to replace the ones we lost, sorry everyone but looks like we will have to probably die

Old 02-25-2020, 02:38 AM   #102
bright_doom
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by The New View Post
Bring it on. We're a cancer.

All these species, these perfect ecosystems that we had on this beautiful planet that we've destroyed all so that we can have our cars and wi-fi and our netflix.

We're not going to make it interstellar to another planet to destroy possibly less than we have this one.

Maybe the best we can hope for is to at least bring down our numbers pretty significantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
66,000 women are violently killed every year worldwide.

We have bigger epidemics to worry about.
#CoronavirusIsCancelled

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
white people are exposed to 17% less pollution than what their consumption generates while blacks and latinos are exposed to 56% and 63% MORE! white people, please stop littering, eating meat, going to walmart, and buying things off amazon. you're giving us all asthma. basta!
Oh please, I've seen pics of you on this site, you're barely browner than a mcnugget.

Old 02-25-2020, 05:19 AM   #103
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I decided to get my first ever flu shot this year

And my husband bought corona beer a couple of weeks ago, he thinks because he kept hearing “corona” all day long

This is about the extent of my engagement with this disease

Old 02-25-2020, 05:20 AM   #104
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I think I’m in denial about how easy it would be to turn NZ into a gigantic quarantine/lab facility

Old 02-25-2020, 07:09 AM   #105
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Will the real anti-vaxxer please stand up?

Old 02-25-2020, 09:38 AM   #106
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
It really just depends how deadly it ends up being. If it's 1% and 10% of the country gets it (u think your all that bc u know how many ppl are in the usa),
It was all worth it for this.

Old 02-25-2020, 10:41 AM   #107
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
I think they don't want it to hurt the economy and yeah, election year. But IDK.
Yep. Read this WaPo article a bit ago that spells it out a little way down

Quote:
The markets fell as the outbreak grew. On Jan. 31, the same day several airlines suspended flights and the United States announced its escalated response, the Dow Jones industrial average dropped 600 points, or 2 percent. Trump grew concerned that any stronger action by his administration would hurt the economy, and he has told advisers that he does not want the administration to do or say anything that would further spook the markets. He remains worried that any large-scale outbreak could hurt his reelection bid.

Old 02-25-2020, 01:22 PM   #108
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

It’s all bullshit. If I were a CEO I’d immediately blame something beyond my control. But the fact of the matter is rates have been dropping for the last 6 months, home prices are slowing, production is down, vehicle sales are down, the economy has been slowing down since last summer. The DJI is a tiny glimpse of overall market conditions. The slowdown started a while ago, the Coronavirus is just another straw on the camel’s back.

Old 02-25-2020, 05:40 PM   #109
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bright_doom View Post

Oh please, I've seen pics of you on this site, you're barely browner than a mcnugget.
oh please, you! i've been living in chicago too long, but when i'm exposed to plenty of sun, i'm plenty dark. much darker than a "mcnugget". and out here in the world, my experiences are plenty Mexican regardless of sun exposure.

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 02-25-2020 at 06:08 PM.

Old 02-25-2020, 05:55 PM   #110
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Honestly, I would have bet that Trump going "close all the borders to keep the immigrants and their filthy diseases out" would increase his poll numbers, regardless of any economic consequences. Plays right into his whole thing on China, too.

Though I shouldn't give him any ideas.

Old 02-25-2020, 05:59 PM   #111
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Also, despite reading some stuff on coronavirus, I have no context to interpret this information in a way that simply tells me how scared or concerned I should be. Like, I know it's deadlier than the flu, but I don't know how relevant that is when the likelihood of contracting it in the first place is considered.

Can scientists just make an official Fear Meter?

Old 02-25-2020, 10:33 PM   #112
LaBelle
Socialphobic

San Francisco declared state of emergency.

https://www.businessinsider.com/san-...utbreak-2020-2

Old 02-25-2020, 10:42 PM   #113
yo soy el mejor

Pittsburgh also declared racism a public health crisis this year. Coronavirus sucks and sounds bad, but white people have been killing people on a much larger scale for centuries.

Old 02-25-2020, 10:45 PM   #114
yo soy el mejor

Dang, this is preemptive. That's cool, I guess.

Old 02-26-2020, 01:49 AM   #115
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Holy shit — the coronavirus is white.

Old 02-26-2020, 07:52 AM   #116
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Olympics may be cancelled

I find this very likely. Containment by May seems unlikely.

Italy/Iran cases still going up, and % of deaths is much higher than in China (60/7, 48/15). Maybe China is underreporting or Italy/Iran are missing a lot of minor cases. The best indicator is probably the Diamond Princess cruise, which is 691/4 (good news) however people are still sick currently, so the fatalities will probably go up. But also probably more older people were on it than in the general population, so it's a good sign potentially that more people haven't died.

However... 14% of recovered coronavirus patients in China's Guangdong tested positive again.

Quote:
About 14 per cent of patients who recovered from the novel coronavirus and were discharged from hospitals in southern China's Guangdong province were tested positive again in later check-ups, according to the local health authority.

A positive test suggests the recovered patients may still carry the virus, adding complexity to efforts to control the outbreak.

Old 02-26-2020, 08:21 AM   #117
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Why these outbreaks always happen around the olympics?
First it was Zika, now this.

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 AM   #118
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Lightbulb

Just let the athletes perform in empty stadia

They are genetically superior and ought to be impervious to illness

If any of them catch it and die, well, they weren't up to compete, were they

Yes, my plan will cause deaths and incalculable financial losses, but I like watching the Olympics, so

Old 02-26-2020, 11:08 PM   #119
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has confirmed a new infection of the novel coronavirus in Solano County, in what the agency says may be the first case of a person-to-person transmission of COVID-19 in the general public in the United States.

The agency said in a press release Wednesday that it's unknown how the patient contracted the disease, and that the case is still under investigation.
No close contact that we know of from anyone who was in Wuhan. They can't trace the origin.

https://www.kqed.org/science/1957613...ern-california

However, they are keeping quarantined people in a base near here, which they are saying is a coincidence officially. Either way, he has it.

This Yale guy thinks the majority of adults in the USA will get it, but of course for the vast majority it will be mild disease: https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...accine/607000/

So far the USA seems to have it more under control than I expected, tbh. But of course if it does get bad it will seem sudden.

Old 02-26-2020, 11:33 PM   #120
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

It’s because PENCE IS ON THE CASE NOW. Coronavirus doesn’t stand a fucking chance!

Closed Thread