Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 05-24-2008, 06:23 PM   #31
davin
Physiopathic Paralysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Sexual View Post
What I find interesting (not perplexing) is people like you who continually stalk a person you don't know on the internet. Only because you are jealous of this person. It's so fucking obvious, you might as well jump on Esty's dick and have a circle jerk to your internet worshipping of the all mighty Davin. Get over yourself.

Elvis especially, he goes out of his way to basically read everything i post so he can reply. the one time we got into it a little deeper, he proved he was an ignorant fuck with absolutely no knowledge of music.

wHATcCOLOR, i can sum up in two words: phallic worship.

and Meeks is just a fucking shithead.

Last edited by davin : 05-25-2008 at 12:36 AM.

Old 05-24-2008, 09:18 PM   #32
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
you'll have both, right Oklahoma? the phillipines juke pictured above as well the test press on the way? if so, i think you'll be able to sort it out.
Yes, I'll have both. I'll probably PM you once it arrives to discuss.

Old 05-25-2008, 12:37 AM   #33
davin
Physiopathic Paralysis

post here so bram and others can be involved too. nevermind the shitheads.

Old 05-25-2008, 06:29 PM   #34
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

cool, will do.

Old 05-26-2008, 12:14 AM   #35
zsp77
Apocalyptic Poster

The way I figure it, there might be reason to believe it is a legit test pressing. When all the Phillipines test pressings were listed, ie the Today, U2, etc at the same time by the same seller Islas fillipinas or whatever the fuck the sellers name is, I sent him/her a msg before it was sold asking if he knew it was real. The seller sent me a message back that said besides the fact that it was sold that he got it off a Phillipines DJ who had a bunch of test pressings and got rid of his collection all at once to the seller, who then obviously went to turn them over on Ebay.

The point is that if the DJ had all these copies like the seller said he did, then it would make sense that test pressings from the same company and DJ source would all look identical, which if anyone remembers from looking when the auction was up that they did. Also, the handwriting on the test pressings was also indentical, which further corroborates the sellers story to me about how he got them off 1 DJ who had a collection. A DJ would typically, after receiving test pressings, sign them the same way, which appears to be the case.

Someone also posted earlier that the signatures were all fairly underwhelming, but from my experience with said records that is one of the hallmarks of TP's and WLP's. So I wouldn't say that would be a negative in relation to whether they are real, but a positive in confirming the aforementioned.

Am I making any sense here? lol

Old 05-26-2008, 12:16 AM   #36
zsp77
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
cool, will do.
Hey, OK sexual, I'll trade you a Q101 #0001, hand written, for that Phillipines test pressing you have on the way! How bout it man! I know you want the real one!

Old 05-26-2008, 08:35 AM   #37
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsp77 View Post
The way I figure it, there might be reason to believe it is a legit test pressing. When all the Phillipines test pressings were listed, ie the Today, U2, etc at the same time by the same seller Islas fillipinas or whatever the fuck the sellers name is, I sent him/her a msg before it was sold asking if he knew it was real. The seller sent me a message back that said besides the fact that it was sold that he got it off a Phillipines DJ who had a bunch of test pressings and got rid of his collection all at once to the seller, who then obviously went to turn them over on Ebay.

The point is that if the DJ had all these copies like the seller said he did, then it would make sense that test pressings from the same company and DJ source would all look identical, which if anyone remembers from looking when the auction was up that they did. Also, the handwriting on the test pressings was also indentical, which further corroborates the sellers story to me about how he got them off 1 DJ who had a collection. A DJ would typically, after receiving test pressings, sign them the same way, which appears to be the case.

Someone also posted earlier that the signatures were all fairly underwhelming, but from my experience with said records that is one of the hallmarks of TP's and WLP's. So I wouldn't say that would be a negative in relation to whether they are real, but a positive in confirming the aforementioned.

Am I making any sense here? lol
Yeah, that makes sense. Another thing I noticed is some of those U2 test presses were honestly listed i.e. this one has a scratch or this one has a small chip in it. If fake, why would you make shit ones?

In the same vein, some of the seller's other regular 7" (not test presses) were listed as having writing on one side (much like many of the original Today PH 7"s).

And also, the seller is selling things for around a dollar.

So, yes this could be some elaborate plan to dupe one unlucky Smashing Pumpkins fan, but that would require a lot of planning and knowledge, which I do not believe is really worth it.

Old 05-26-2008, 08:36 AM   #38
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Hey, OK sexual, I'll trade you a Q101 #0001, hand written, for that Phillipines test pressing you have on the way! How bout it man! I know you want the real one!
I thought I had the real one already!!!!

Thanks for the offer though!

Old 05-27-2008, 04:04 PM   #39
zsp77
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I thought I had the real one already!!!!

Thanks for the offer though!
You thought! But remember, I've got the real one!

Old 05-29-2008, 02:32 AM   #40
davin
Physiopathic Paralysis

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5...stpressqw0.jpg

Last edited by davin : 05-29-2008 at 03:32 AM.

Old 05-31-2008, 12:53 AM   #41
zsp77
Apocalyptic Poster

very nice cursive

Old 06-02-2008, 09:48 PM   #42
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

http://forum.spfreaks.com/viewtopic.php?p=6169#6169

Old 06-02-2008, 11:30 PM   #43
zsp77
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Congratulations! Nothing better than a next to impossible to find test pressing. And to think, I could have just clicked buy it now and bought it myself! Oh well, some things just aren't meant to be. Who gives a crap about the Phillipines anyways!? lol

Old 06-03-2008, 01:30 AM   #44
davin
Physiopathic Paralysis

ah yes, the one that got away.

i could have clicked the same button to get this once long, long ago, but at the time was uncertain about its origins/authenticity.

Old 06-03-2008, 04:43 AM   #45
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin View Post
i could have clicked the same button to get this once long, long ago, but at the time was uncertain about its origins/authenticity.
do you remember what the buy-it-now price was?

Old 06-03-2008, 07:35 AM   #46
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
I don't remember that one having a Buy It Now price, but I do remember it went to Thom in the UK for $1,500, as I called SLCD immediately after the auction ended to make an offer.

Oh well. I think there is more than one of these babies out there.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:36 AM   #47
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Who gives a crap about the Phillipines anyways!? lol

Old 06-10-2008, 02:15 AM   #48
zsp77
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
On the Today, it was 350 US I believe.

Old 06-10-2008, 02:30 AM   #49
davin
Physiopathic Paralysis

Quote:
Quote:
I don't remember that one having a Buy It Now price, but I do remember it went to Thom in the UK for $1,500, as I called SLCD immediately after the auction ended to make an offer.

Oh well. I think there is more than one of these babies out there.
there was another one that went for sale a while after the one thom bought. the price was like $350 or something like that, and in the process of figuring out what it was, i learned about thom's and the whole story. by then it was gone and i was pwned for not knowing it was legit at the time.

p.s. kudos for the southland cd shout-out. i used to use them all the time.