Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2008, 07:40 PM   #1
laaazy
Demi-God

Default I LOST EVERYTHING TOO WTF

i am on the verge of tears..
i was able to fit everything on my ipod when i moved the columbus the other weekend
last night my batteries ran out and i plugs it in to charge.. and it synced with my brothers fiances fuckin lame ass library
now i got about 60 gigs of pure country, britney, 30 seconds to mars, oh, and 1979 and tarantula
GOD DAMN IT
can anyone not even upload anything, im sure i can find it all
but a list of everything non live?
im thinking right now.. we got moon, lull, reel time stuidos 1+2, qaos, pisces+friends, machina demos, gravity demos, adore demos 1+2, nothing ever changes, mashed potatoes (fuuuuuck), faeomm, which i can prolly find anywhere like rspaa or a torrent

WHAT ELSE AM I MISSING

other than studio albums which i got

Old 01-30-2008, 07:49 PM   #2
laaazy
Demi-God

holy shit my head hurts so bad

Old 01-30-2008, 07:50 PM   #3
lucid_interval
Apocalyptic Poster

well what else was on your ipod? if you dont know what you are missing then you probably wont miss it.

Old 01-30-2008, 07:51 PM   #4
Skradgee
Boardcaster

weak. is this like final destination? because that external hard drive of mine is kind of close to a window...and a fish tank.

as for your list...maybe you could print out some SPFC pages and check them off as you collect them again.

Old 01-30-2008, 08:08 PM   #5
laaazy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skradgee View Post
as for your list...maybe you could print out some SPFC pages and check them off as you collect them again.
good idea

Old 01-30-2008, 08:09 PM   #6
bja1288
Apocalyptic Poster

http://forums.netphoria.org/showthread.php?t=152181

Old 01-30-2008, 08:38 PM   #7
laaazy
Demi-God

yea, i started the cessations of grandeur torrent just a bit ago
would it be worth it, now that i just got a job today (days full up ups and down, including new tour and expecting new recordings) to start buying everything?
i kno its personal taste to have the actual material on hand
mcis and pisces lps are about 400 dollars together
most other stuff i can pick up on ebay for a decent price id imagine

Old 02-01-2008, 03:29 PM   #8
C33
Minion of Satan

this is why i'm glad i never used itunes

Old 02-01-2008, 03:53 PM   #9
Caine Walker
Braindead

goddamn. that sucks. i won't even make fun because i totally sympathize.

Old 02-01-2008, 04:36 PM   #10
Spaceboy88
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by laaazy View Post
i was able to fit everything on my ipod when i moved the columbus the other weekend
last night my batteries ran out and i plugs it in to charge.. and it synced with my brothers fiances fuckin lame ass library
now i got about 60 gigs of pure country, britney, 30 seconds to mars, oh, and 1979 and tarantula
GOD DAMN IT
im thinking right now.. we got moon, lull, reel time stuidos 1+2, qaos, pisces+friends, machina demos, gravity demos, adore demos 1+2, nothing ever changes, mashed potatoes (fuuuuuck), faeomm, which i can prolly find anywhere like rspaa or a torrent

WHAT ELSE AM I MISSING

Wait...am I understanding this right? You synced up your iPod, then when it died, you plugged it into another computer and told it that it was okay to synch it with this library instead? Can't you just plug it back into your original computer that you synced up the songs from in the first place and put it all back?

Old 02-02-2008, 11:00 AM   #11
IWishIWasBlank
Apocalyptic Poster

As I recall, you're "laaazy" because you come here asking for commercial releases without even looking for them yourself.

Fucking Google for Christ's sake, you baby. Fucking Ipods. Balls.

Quote:
GOD DAMN IT

WHAT ELSE AM I MISSING

Old 02-02-2008, 09:42 PM   #12
laaazy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWishIWasBlank View Post
As I recall, you're "laaazy" because you come here asking for commercial releases without even looking for them yourself.

Fucking Google for Christ's sake, you baby. Fucking Ipods. Balls.
i recall youre "iwishiwasblank" because you suck cocks
show me where i asked for commercial releases
like i said i got all the studio albums, and im asking for a list. i can go to any torrent or site like rspaa or pumpkins.net and dl basically anything

Old 02-03-2008, 04:33 PM   #13
slunken
Virgo

Am I the only person in the world that doesn't understand the benefits of synching an iPod? Are there any? Manually managing seems so right to me. If I've got 80gb of music on the iPod why would I need to keep it on my computer's hard-drive/iTunes?

Old 02-03-2008, 04:55 PM   #14
bja1288
Apocalyptic Poster

you listen to the same library wherever you are....at the pc or on the go. This is also apple we are dealing with

Old 02-03-2008, 08:36 PM   #15
slunken
Virgo

But if I'm at my PC I can either plug the Pod to it and listen or dock it at the port and listen that way...I guess I use mine for it's hard-drive features as well...I've got a bout 60 gb on it while I've only got less than 1 GB on my PC

But as far as benefits, BJA1288, I don't really see that as one. I'm still listening to what I want wherever I am. Plus if I'm somewhere else I can plug into someone else's PC and make them listen to my crap.

Old 02-03-2008, 11:52 PM   #16
bja1288
Apocalyptic Poster

the benefit of autosync is ease of use for the entry level user. the problem is that apple doesnt worry about anyone above that tier, so we have to turn off autosync, consolidate the library so you dont lose files, go through 10 menus to figure out how to convert files to different bitrates, etc

my viewpoint is different tho because my ipod is secondary to my laptop as far as listening to music. If im in my dorm, the laptop music is on, ipod is in the backpack

Old 02-04-2008, 12:26 AM   #17
slunken
Virgo

ok...i think we're starting to get each other (and i'm not being sarcastic or anything)...I'm a laptop user too...what is this about converting bit-rates? 10 menus?

My point was that I use my iPod as a music hard-drive (pretty much). I'd rather have junk on it as opposed to my PC. Personally I just like to keep my PC's hard-drive as clean as possible of extraneous clutter.

I keep the necessities (the new stuff) on the PC and everything else (eventually) gets lumped onto the iPod

Old 02-04-2008, 12:53 AM   #18
bja1288
Apocalyptic Poster

like when you import a wav file, or rip a cd, to change the bit rate you encode it at you have to go to edit-pref-advanced-importing-pick your bitrate because default is 128 or aac. When you choose to do that task, the option isnt even there, you have to search to change how it is imported

Old 02-04-2008, 01:09 AM   #19
slunken
Virgo

OIC...that's what you mean; that's not a big deal (in terms of synching or manually managing); you just change the settings and yr done.

I just czeched mine and they're set at 320kbs stereo...not saying that's incredible or anything but I'm just saying I set them previously and forgot about them

The way I see it is this: The day I got my first iPod I plugged it in and it asked me if I wanted to sync and I said NO. This seemed the most reasonable to me. Why not be able to physically control what is or isn't on the iPod?

Old 02-04-2008, 03:22 AM   #20
aldango
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
The way I see it is this: The day I got my first iPod I plugged it in and it asked me if I wanted to sync and I said NO. This seemed the most reasonable to me. Why not be able to physically control what is or isn't on the iPod?
Well if you want your whole library on your iPod at any time, then you don't need to worry about it! If I change my library, it's on my iPod, and done. My iPod's big enough for my whole library... and my hard drive is big enough to have my whole library and have tons of space left. And I use my computer to play my music through my stereo when I'm at home... so I do! lol

Old 02-04-2008, 03:23 AM   #21
aldango
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceboy88 View Post
Wait...am I understanding this right? You synced up your iPod, then when it died, you plugged it into another computer and told it that it was okay to synch it with this library instead? Can't you just plug it back into your original computer that you synced up the songs from in the first place and put it all back?
Wondering the same thing....

Old 02-04-2008, 03:24 AM   #22
aldango
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bja1288 View Post
the benefit of autosync is ease of use for the entry level user. the problem is that apple doesnt worry about anyone above that tier, so we have to turn off autosync, consolidate the library so you dont lose files, go through 10 menus to figure out how to convert files to different bitrates, etc

my viewpoint is different tho because my ipod is secondary to my laptop as far as listening to music. If im in my dorm, the laptop music is on, ipod is in the backpack
So anyone with less than 80/160gb of music is an entry level user?

Old 02-04-2008, 09:51 AM   #23
IWishIWasBlank
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
i can go to any torrent or site like rspaa or pumpkins.net and dl basically anything
So go there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laaazy
i recall youre "iwishiwasblank" because you suck cocks
This makes as much sense as "i recall you're laaazy because you like receiving hot carls." Dumbass.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:58 AM   #24
IWishIWasBlank
Apocalyptic Poster

The elusive double post.

Last edited by IWishIWasBlank : 02-04-2008 at 10:16 AM.

Old 02-04-2008, 01:59 PM   #25
laaazy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldango View Post
Wondering the same thing....
my pc is back in youngstown, im in columbus

Old 02-04-2008, 02:00 PM   #26
laaazy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWishIWasBlank View Post
yea this makes as much sense too, seeing as you pulled it outta yer ass

Old 02-04-2008, 10:17 PM   #27
aldango
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
my pc is back in youngstown, im in columbus
Aren't you going back?

Old 02-04-2008, 11:36 PM   #28
laaazy
Demi-God

Quote: