Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2018, 08:48 PM   #1
apathy
Oblivious Virgin

Default Apathy Video YouTube Channel VHS Tapes / DAT Tapes

A while back I started this youtube channel to upload my video collection. I think I’ve uploaded just about everything at this point.

The idea was to clean out the closet and get rid of the box of tapes. There are a few I may keep for sentimental reasons, but most of them I’m ready to part with (I’m partial to my TV masters, but don’t really care about the Mellon Collie arena shows for example).

If anyone is interested in the tapes for the cost of postage, please message me. I’d much rather send out a bulk of the tapes to one person than many individuals.

It doesn’t really feel right to throw them in the trash. If you happen to have a professional grade VCR and a nice setup for upload, and are wanting to remaster the uploads, I’m writing this post for you.

--

On a similar note, I don’t have any use for my DAT tapes. I think every show I have is on the internet archive at this point, and I’ve sold my DAT gear. I do have a April 25, 99 LA, Roxy master that is not online so I plan using a friends gear to upload it at some point.

This is an archived page of my DAT list. If there is another show on here that the community feels is of some value (perhaps the internet archived version is incomplete, or I have another version that isn’t available, etc) please let me know.

https://web.archive.org/web/20091024.../4638/dat.html

Old 07-03-2018, 08:53 PM   #2
slunken
Virgo

redbull / rhinowing has been paged

Old 07-03-2018, 10:24 PM   #3
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Watching your tube now

Thank you for all this, wow

Old 07-04-2018, 01:59 AM   #4
PuzzledMuzzle
Ownz

Your YouTube page is amazing. Do you have any footage from any 95' or 97' show or broadcast? I'd love to see anything from those years.

Old 07-04-2018, 08:51 AM   #5
jimmy drevpile
Apocalyptic Poster

Nice!

Old 07-04-2018, 09:43 AM   #6
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

yeah that crestfallen was sweet. adore pumpkins were soo cool.

Old 07-04-2018, 10:15 AM   #7
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Got me some old Panasonic S-VHS recorders to restore and for modifying. For PAL and NTSC formats. They are the best ever built for that cassette format.

Would love to help to bring out the best in quality from your tapes. Could be for your YouTube account if you want.

https://cdn02.plentymarkets.com/7uks...l/P1210952.JPG

Old 07-04-2018, 11:08 PM   #8
Ram27
dumb

love this apathy, thanks

the fact that there's video of the last ever golden era show @ landover made my year

Old 07-05-2018, 03:23 AM   #9
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

So many gems...including this Billy face!

Old 07-05-2018, 03:28 AM   #10
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

https://i.imgur.com/NQo7cGU.gif

Old 07-05-2018, 03:39 AM   #11
Night for Days
Oblivious Virgin

I'm interested in taking them to properly archive them.

Old 07-05-2018, 03:45 AM   #12
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by apathy View Post
I do have a April 25, 99 LA, Roxy master that is not online so I plan using a friends gear to upload it at some point.

Wow...can't wait!!!

Old 07-05-2018, 03:46 AM   #13
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

D'arcy, the anchor of Pumpkin news

Old 07-05-2018, 04:32 AM   #14
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post

Old 07-06-2018, 02:31 AM   #15
apathy
Oblivious Virgin

Thanks all for the positive responses. Every so often I come out of SP fan retirement only to regret it but this demo discussion I came across here and realizing the reissue box sets were actually pretty cool has made this time worth it and got me off my rear to upload these videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
Got me some old Panasonic S-VHS recorders to restore and for modifying. For PAL and NTSC formats. They are the best ever built for that cassette format.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night for Days View Post
I'm interested in taking them to properly archive them.
Great, thank you both. I just used a run of the mill 4 head VCR with a miniDV camcorder as a pass-through device / AD converter. I did no post processing to the DV file.

I think it could be nice to upload the remastered shows to the same channel if possible since it’s gathered a decent amount of subscribers, but it doesn’t have to be that way. I’m not making any money off the channel. I’m more concerned with just getting the recordings out there in the best way possible so I’m not storing a box of VHS tapes for another 20 years.

I’ll plan on private messaging you both to discuss further. Others may want to chime in on what they think would be worth prioritizing as far as remastering. My personal favorites are the ‘Gish Era Acoustic Performance – Rough Trade Records in San Francisco’ and ‘9:30 Club – Washington D.C., Jan. 6, 1996 – Full Show’. The ‘Complete SNL Rehearsal Footage – 1993’ has by far the most views though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuzzledMuzzle View Post
Do you have any footage from any 95' or 97' show or broadcast? I'd love to see anything from those years.
I believe everything I have has been uploaded. I think I’m missing a tape from late ’94—’95 (I used to keep a tape next to the VCR all the time to record any SP that came on), but the only SP I remember being on that tape I’ve been able to find on YouTube. The MTV VMA Disarm performance, ’95 Double Door interview clip, and these Reading Festival interview clips.

That said, I uploaded the following recordings that were taken down by YouTube due to copyright block. Just about all the uploads have some copyright claim on them so the label gets royalties, but these were blocked worldwide shortly after uploading.

SNL Performance – October 30, 1993
Conan O'Brien Performance & Interview – February 25, 1997
Videography Special – 1997
Billy Corgan Interview – Charlie Rose – 1998
Smashing Pumpkins – SNL Performance & Skit – 1998

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
Wow...can't wait!!!
This is my master for the Phoenix Arising show so the LA show will sound very similar to this recording. The Sennheiser MKE2s I was using sounded a lot better (to me anyway) than the Core Sound Binaurals that were heavily used then, but they did have a problem with distorting at end higher end.

Old 07-12-2018, 10:55 PM   #16
spidrr
Ownz

Same Apathy that lived in Chicago back in the mid 90s? If so, I believe I traded a lot of tapes with you. Thanks for the uploads