Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 07-31-2017, 01:03 PM   #31
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

More likely it would be an In Plainsong tour with the original members.

It'd probably take at least a year for D'arcy to get back into playing bass and see a therapist, and then play big $$ comeback shows? Doubt it.

Old 07-31-2017, 05:26 PM   #32
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

It's kind of fun watching everyone count their chickens before they hatch. Surely not a path to inevitable disappointment!

Old 08-01-2017, 01:47 PM   #33
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

We are Pumpkins fans, we are used to disappointments.

Old 08-01-2017, 05:41 PM   #34
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

if we don't get a big disappointment, i will be disappointed!

Old 08-01-2017, 09:27 PM   #35
slayed23
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
The GnR success is also why they probably rationalize that they can do the tour without D'arcy... "Hell, the Gnr tour is doing gangbusters without Steven Adler and Izzy Stradlin".

Problem is that GnR is a different kind of beast entirely. They've become a fabric of rock and roll pop-culture. Pumpkins don't hold anywhere near the same kind of pull. So if it's B0lly, JC and Iha with some random eye-candy plucking the bass I don't think it's gonna work.

It needs to be a full reunion or they shouldn't even bother.
Saw GNR at Allstate arena in Chicago a few years ago and there were maybe 3,000 people there. I forget what tour it was but it was an arena tour and it bombed attendance wise as bad as Oceania. Maybe worse.

If GNR can advertise a reunion tour and and go from completely irrelevant to selling out stadiums, SP can do something similar.

Old 08-02-2017, 02:07 AM   #36
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

"The Guns N’ Roses Reunion Tour Has Grossed $230 Million So Far

April 28th, 2017

That the Guns N’ Roses “Not in this Lifetime” reunion tour has been wildly successful is not news: their 2016 shows grossed an average of $5.5 million, and their early 2017 South American tour grossed over $55 million for 13 shows.

Still, it’s startling to see it all totaled up: Billboard informs us that the tally is now over $230 with numbers from GNR’s Australia and New Zealand leg just having come in. And that doesn’t even inclu*de revenue from seven Asian markets that has yet to be finalized.

These numbers, it should be noted, are grosses, not profit: pure ticket sales figures. The booking agent, promoter and management all take their cut off the top, and the band has to pay their massive crew — 125 touring, and 125 locals at each stop — plus the transport of 36 trucks (!!!) from city to city (or, in some cases, air fare and local gear rental), and the expenses of all the gear within.

Nevertheless, Izzy Stradlin is probably sitting somewhere feeling very, very sad he didn’t participate. And Steven Adler is just sad, period.

Guns N’ Roses will be coming back to North America for more this summer, and touring Europe as well, in case you missed ’em the first time around.

[via Blabbermouth] "

http://www.metalsucks.net/2017/04/28...illion-so-far/