Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2007, 01:05 AM   #61
JRiordan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin
That's pretty heavy, I missed out on that.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:23 AM   #62
Eiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by davin
woah, shit. did this guy ever get caught?

Old 05-31-2007, 02:14 AM   #63
JessiMercury
Ownz

i remember how sad billy said he was that he had to move out of his house. the house was beautiful!

Old 05-31-2007, 04:38 AM   #64
stumpycat
Apocalyptic Poster

This thread nearly has me teary-eyed.

I must say that I took the Listessa thing very seriously, creating actual paper lists of the subjects to which I wanted to reply, and then posting those lists above my computer so that I could remember them all.

I must have used the SP Chat most of all...though back in those days I usually appeared as SpAcEd. I met a really cool girl on there, and then proceeded to write this rather elaborate piece of fan-fiction about the band, inspired from the "1990 tour diary" that I had just read. Burlap was my favorite Pumpkins page (though I don't recall why) and Eric Agnew's page would never load quite right on my computer. Then of course I also wasted way too much paper printing out lyrics and pictures because I thought it necessary to show these to everyone. Then I went through every single recording I had, ear pressed against my stereo speakers in various positions, so that I could make lots of additions to that "Secret Sounds" page.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:04 AM   #65
wally
cibohplaicos

I used to browse luna using lynx.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:21 AM   #66
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by grape
Believe it or not there was a thriving SP chatroom on AOL circa 1995-1996, I think surviving through nostalgia towards the 2000's. That shit is old school. I remember downloading Eye before it came out and thinking it was some kind of impossible feat!

I remember having fights with people on prodigy in 1993 about the lyrics to Cherub Rock.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:23 AM   #67
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TumoraXsault
Ill be honest, theres a lot of old sp fans I wonder about....for instance, where's eric, dave, joshua, Tigershorty (was he even a fan, or just someone who ran the o-mb??), moonkids (yes, i wonder if he still is a fan after that whole incident), Nimrod, the chick who taped 12/02 (megan, i think her name was??), simon.

But then I look, and I see a lot of new sp fans that are living in their footsteps...for instance Sycho, scRAMble, (we still have) Davin, (we still have) andrew, and yes, even esty (whose bringing the hate to hatephoria nowadays).
Tigershorty I'm sure is still out there doing web design. I talked to him a few years ago when the whole Taproot thing happend. I know he was doing tech stuff for Billy.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:25 AM   #68
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccririck
There were a lot of dicks who took the whole thing too seriously even back then. I cant say I miss most of the people mentioned.
Yep I never posted on AMSP because when I first went there people doing the whole True fan thing cause Jimmy got kicked out of the band.

Old 05-31-2007, 07:36 AM   #69
Martyr
m o n o c h r o m e

RE: Moonkids

wtf?

Old 05-31-2007, 08:25 AM   #70
severin
no more than sympathy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider
Tigershorty I'm sure is still out there doing web design. I talked to him a few years ago when the whole Taproot thing happend. I know he was doing tech stuff for Billy.
yeah, but he was never a real sp fan afaik, at least not in the beginning of the o-site, he just got into the whole thing because he did the design...kind of weird that he is one of the m2 owners

Old 05-31-2007, 08:58 AM   #71
Kahlo

moonkids

wow. what an absolute douche.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:23 AM   #72
MisterSquishyHalo
Apocalyptic Poster

Holy crap if someone that was ever wronged by this moonkids character ever got a hold of him. He might have thought it was a game, but I wonder how much he would grovel if someone hunted him down and kicked his ass.

Old 05-31-2007, 10:06 AM   #73
Injektilo
twenty some years....

remember www.smashing-pumpkins.net?

I remember printing lyrics off of there at my uncles house in 1997 for the four SP songs I knew at the time.

Old 05-31-2007, 10:19 AM   #74
Axis of Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Injektilo

I remember printing lyrics off of there at my uncles house in 1997 for the four SP songs I knew at the time.
Oh shit I remember that. I went there after TAFH came out, and I was starting to use the internet a lot. I stuck to chat rooms for the most part, but when I did venture into the intarwebs it was generally for Pumpkins info.

Old 05-31-2007, 10:40 AM   #75
DuessaDivine
Pledge

moonkids

in another thread somebody mentioned Billy having to move out of his house because of crazy fans-- is this what they were talking about?

Old 05-31-2007, 10:43 AM   #76
Kahlo

moonkids is Esty btw

Old 05-31-2007, 10:50 AM   #77
Eiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlo
moonkids is Esty btw
not surprising in the least.

Old 05-31-2007, 10:58 AM   #78
Kahlo

I thought it was common knowledge.

Old 05-31-2007, 11:11 AM   #79
AlphaCentauri
Demi-God

OCorrigan from the SP chat room was my best friend during high school. My first girlfriend ran the siamese dreamers(Luvs SP). There was this brief moment in time, when a bunch of us were all around the same age, and, we all sat around and talked til 4am on a nightly basis. It was all because of the music, but, I think there was a understanding that other people out there "got it".

It passed once adore came out, but, for a brief moment, everything was perfect.

Old 05-31-2007, 12:20 PM   #80
ordinary apathy
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpycat
Then I went through every single recording I had, ear pressed against my stereo speakers in various positions, so that I could make lots of additions to that "Secret Sounds" page.
Secret Sounds! Yes! I had that printed out and used to go through and listen to them all, and point them out to EVERYONE.

I forget the name of the chatroom I used to go in. It was the kind where you had to send a message to refresh the room to see what anyone said. I met a girl there who I was pretty close with for a while, but lost touch with her a few years ago. I should try to get a hold of her. I wonder if she's following what's going on now...

Old 05-31-2007, 01:11 PM   #81
T&T
Socialphobic

this is making me teary as well
I had the luna page as my home page for over a year
using it to find out about the Siamese dream b-sides
printing every lyric page
wow does this make me feel old
and super happy to have them back

Old 05-31-2007, 01:15 PM   #82
AlphaCentauri
Demi-God

2 words: sam manzie.

that was the beginning of the end of the pumpkins online community

Old 05-31-2007, 01:18 PM   #83
skipgo
Minion of Satan

what a blast from the past... i used to post on amsp every second of my life back when MCIS was new...actually no, that was listessa....then i was on amsp after that.... i still keep up with a few of those people. i wonder how many people from amsp circa 97-98 are on netphoria?? whatever happened to frappster? john mulhausen? josh provost......anyone remember that kid sam who was on amsp and had a pumpkins site, and he killed some kid?

Old 05-31-2007, 01:18 PM   #84
skipgo
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaCentauri
2 words: sam manzie.

that was the beginning of the end of the pumpkins online community
oops, you beat me to it

Old 05-31-2007, 01:28 PM   #85
Eiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlo
I thought it was common knowledge.
you're serious? i figured that you were really joking.

i'm obviously fairly new to netphoria and the smashing pumpkins community in general.

back during sp1 i was mostly off in my own little pumpkins world. kinda wish i had known more about what was out there on the interwebs since i was pretty much the only one i knew who was into them. this was back around junior high and everyone else in my grade was more into kid rock and the insane clown posse.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:31 PM   #86
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

Quote:

spc chat 4 lief.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:39 PM   #87
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

I just decided on a whim to try and remember what name I used to post on amsp back in like 98-00...
If you want a laugh, read some of my posts. I'm kinda embarrassed, but keep in mind I was 13 in 1998. Also, at least my heart was in the right place (SP).
I'm almost afraid to look at some songwriting groups I was active in back then. Almost.

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.m...ddd4a3d8bf3e01

I'm proud of this post, my best of TAFH list kicks ass. Interesting to see how (little) my tastes have changed...

Old 05-31-2007, 01:40 PM   #88
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:

i remember going on a school field trip to the library and printing out lyrics from s-p.com, even to songs i wouldn't hear for another couple of years (not worth asking, egg, etc)

Old 05-31-2007, 01:42 PM   #89
spidrr
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpycat
This thread nearly has me teary-eyed.

I must say that I took the Listessa thing very seriously, creating actual paper lists of the subjects to which I wanted to reply, and then posting those lists above my computer so that I could remember them all.

I must have used the SP Chat most of all...though back in those days I usually appeared as SpAcEd. I met a really cool girl on there, and then proceeded to write this rather elaborate piece of fan-fiction about the band, inspired from the "1990 tour diary" that I had just read. Burlap was my favorite Pumpkins page (though I don't recall why) and Eric Agnew's page would never load quite right on my computer. Then of course I also wasted way too much paper printing out lyrics and pictures because I thought it necessary to show these to everyone. Then I went through every single recording I had, ear pressed against my stereo speakers in various positions, so that I could make lots of additions to that "Secret Sounds" page.

I do remember you. I used to keep my old 684(?) computer on 24-7 back from 1994 or so to 1997. I was always in #smashing_pumpkins or whatever it was under the name spidrr or HoNeYSpIdEr (love that lowercase/uppercase). Listessa was another bad obsession. I would print out everything.

Remember the FAQ!?! Haha, I used to get all excited when there was a new FAQ update. Good times.

Old 05-31-2007, 01:51 PM   #90
spidrr
Ownz

Anyone notice on Agnews page under links, the first link just says "2007 - SP"

creeeeeepy..............

too bad its not archived.