Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2020, 07:02 PM   #571
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Are we going to have the lesser evilism vs moral purity debate on this page?

I'm too sleepy for that one.

Old 07-13-2020, 07:27 PM   #572
ovary
Ownz

i'm thinking of going to my friend's covid party, just to get it over with, what do you all think?

Old 07-13-2020, 07:34 PM   #573
buzzard
Minion of Satan

On first impression, the post reads like a trolling throwback from mid-March.

Old 07-14-2020, 04:06 AM   #574
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

what is a covid party?

Old 07-14-2020, 05:54 AM   #575
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovary View Post
i'm thinking of going to my friend's covid party, just to get it over with, what do you all think?
No evidence immunity lasts longer than a few months. Growing evidence antibodies may only last for a very short period of time and reinfection can occur.

Old 07-14-2020, 08:17 AM   #576
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovary View Post
Yeah b/c after all, fuck all them grandmas and little kids with asthma. Nature hates them, anyway. The market will be up and roaring again in no time once we’re shed of all that dead weight!!!!!!

Old 07-14-2020, 08:29 AM   #577
Cool As Ice Cream

lol true true

Old 07-14-2020, 06:57 PM   #578
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
what is a covid party?
The Republican Party

Old 07-15-2020, 07:33 AM   #579
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Looking for work? Find something new!!

Quote:
Ivanka Trump urged out-of-work Americans to “find something new” Tuesday as part of a new jobs initiative designed to tout the benefits of skills training and career paths that don’t require a college degree.

But the effort — complete with a website, advertising campaign and virtual roundtable featuring Apple CEO Tim Cook and IBM chair Ginni Rometty — was swiftly derided on social media as “clueless” and “tone-deaf” given the pandemic, recession and Trump’s own familial employment history.
Quote:
Among the roles is wind turbine technician, which is projected to grow 57 percent through 2028. Yet the president has repeatedly ranted about wind turbines, describing them as “monsters”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...ge%2Fstory-ans

Old 07-15-2020, 07:43 AM   #580
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly View Post
Looking for work? Find something new!!
let them eat cake!

Old 07-15-2020, 09:32 AM   #581
FoolofaTook

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
The Republican Party
BOOM

Old 07-15-2020, 01:56 PM   #582
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Ivanka Antoinette

Old 07-17-2020, 10:02 AM   #583
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Trumps brown shirt secret police are occupying Portland Oregon and abducting US citizens.

Sooner or later they'll take this to other cities. I won't be surprised to eventually hear that they start putting people in camps.

https://www.thenation.com/article/po...lice-portland/

Quote:
Trump Unleashes His Secret Police in Portland
In a dangerous authoritarian move, federal agents in camouflage and without badges are rounding up American citizens.

Donald Trump’s war on protesters is escalating, with reports emerging out of Portland, Ore., that federal law enforcement officers, wearing camouflage but without any other visible insignia, have been rounding up American citizens. On Thursday, Oregon Public Broadcasting (OPB) reported that, “Federal law enforcement officers have been using unmarked vehicles to drive around downtown Portland and detain protesters since at least July 14. Personal accounts and multiple videos posted online show the officers driving up to people, detaining individuals with no explanation of why they are being arrested, and driving off.”

OPB quotes one individual named Mark Pettibone who was arrested by these officers, although never charged. “I am basically tossed into the van,” Pettibone told the broadcaster. “And I had my beanie pulled over my face so I couldn’t see and they held my hands over my head.” He was taken to a building which he later discovered was a Federal courthouse. Only there was he read his Miranda rights, but never charged. After he asked for a lawyer he was released. Videos are circulating on social media of similar detentions.

“It’s like stop and frisk meets Guantanamo Bay,” attorney Juan Chavez told OPB. He added that these detentions were not following any rules of probable cause and that, “It sounds more like abduction. It sounds like they’re kidnapping people off the streets.”

On the face of it, what these officers are doing is illegal and unconstitutional. It’s possible that these federal officers are acting under the 2011 National Defense Authorization Act, signed by Barack Obama, which legalized the detention of Americans suspected of being terrorists. If so, then the war on terror has truly come home.

The Trump administration had previously used unidentified federal officers to patrol Washington D.C. during protests in early June, when the scale of protests forced Trump to go into the White House bunker. Those officers turned out to be guards from the US Bureau of Prisons who had been repurposed as ad hoc praetorian guards.

Protests have been roiling Portland for over six weeks. Even prior to these protests, Portland was a site of a long-running battle between right-wing groups like the Proud Boys fighting left-wing activists who are usually lumped together under the umbrella Antifa label. It’s possible that the Antifa connection made Portland a spot of particular interest to the Trump administration, which has used the loosely-organized anti-fascist group as a scapegoat for social upheavals in the wake of police brutality.

The deployment of unidentified federal officers is particularly dangerous in a situation like Portland, and elsewhere in America, because it could easily lead to right-wing militias impersonating legal authorities and kidnapping citizens. As former CIA counterintelligence analyst Aki Peritz notes, “All it takes is one of these similar-kitted out militiamen groups to start grabbing folks off the street as well, but then having their way with them, for there to be huge, possibly violent pushback for these tactics. This hurts the police, and the citizenry.” Peritz argues, “We’re quickly entering secret police territory now. DHS is becoming Trump’s Mukhābarāt.” (Mukhābarāt being the Arabic word for intelligence agency, used colloquially to refer, for example, to the Egyptian or Iraqi or Libyan secret police.)

Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf is currently in Portland. In a statement on Thursday, Wolf said, “The city of Portland has been under siege for 47 straight days by a violent mob while local political leaders refuse to restore order to protect their city. Each night, lawless anarchists destroy and desecrate property, including the federal courthouse, and attack the brave law enforcement officers protecting it.” Wolf warned that, “This siege can end if state and local officials decide to take appropriate action instead of refusing to enforce the law.”

Wolf’s strident words echoed the law and order theme that has come to the fore in Donald Trump’s reelection campaign. Trump himself made a racist variation of the theme in a Thursday White House town hall where he berated the collapse of “law and order” in cities like New York and Chicago. Trump also claimed that Democrats were trying to destroy the suburbs. Announcing the rescinding of an Obama order against racial segregation in housing, Trump said, “The suburb destruction will end with us.”

There is every sign that Trump will continue to pound on the drum of law and order until the election. Portland is likely a test case for a larger security crackdown that will be repeated in other cities.

Oregon Governor Kate Brown has been commendably blunt in attacking Trump’s assault on protesters. On Thursday, she tweeted:

“The President is failing to lead this nation. Now he is deploying federal officers to patrol the streets of Portland in a blatant abuse of power by the federal government. I told Acting Secretary Wolf that the federal government should remove all federal officers from our streets. His response showed me he is on a mission to provoke confrontation for political purposes. He is putting both Oregonians and local law enforcement officers in harm’s way.”

Brown shouldn’t be the only one protesting. Congressional Democrats need to open up an immediate investigation into the use of federal law enforcement officers in Portland. Joe Biden also needs to make clear that if elected he’ll order an immediate house cleaning in all federal agencies and that any officers found to have broken the law will be punished. Even more, if Trump is acting within the law, the Democrats need to make new rules so no future president can repeat this travesty.

Old 07-17-2020, 10:41 AM   #584
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

i'm not in Portland but I have many friends there. It's like my home away from home. Most of the people I know there have been attending protests regularly. One of my friends posted this on social media:

Quote:
Hi friends! Don't believe what you see in the news. Portland is safe. There are no roving bands of violent terrorists in the streets. The protests have been peaceful (I took my 6 year old daughter to one!) and are focused on legitimate concerns.

The problem is the police and now the federal no-name agencies ratcheting up the tension. This is full-on 3rd world stuff; unidentified armed men pulling people out of crowds and stuffing them in unmarked cars. This is unconstitutional, violent, and wrong. It will absolutely lead to protesters, law enforcement officers and bystanders getting hurt. It has to stop.

If you are local to Portland, call the mayor's office. Tell him to pull back the PPB and work with the protesters to address their concerns. If you are not local, call your senator and representative and tell them you want federal agents out of Portland.

If you are protesting, stay safe! This will be a long fight. Stay in groups, stay alert, and document everything.

This is happening in Portland because it's a small city and not likely to get a lot of National media attention. This is a warm up. Just like with ICE 4 years ago this new secret police are figuring out how to abduct and disappear people. Once they feel comfortable doing it in Portland they will bring this to other cities,

Old 07-17-2020, 02:30 PM   #585
Cool As Ice Cream

what the actual fuck? (or how should i word this?)

Old 07-17-2020, 02:30 PM   #586
Cool As Ice Cream

lock him up?
chop his head off?

Old 07-17-2020, 04:09 PM   #587
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Another Video leaked of Federal ICE Agents attempting to abduct someone, then flee once they realize they are being filmed. This is not government property. ICE is operating illegally in Portland right now.

Old 07-17-2020, 04:16 PM   #588
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Federal Law Enforcement Use Unmarked Vehicles To Grab Protesters Off Portland Streets - Oregon Public Broadcasting

Old 07-17-2020, 04:18 PM   #589
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Old 07-20-2020, 07:57 PM   #591
buzzard
Minion of Satan

I stopped worrying about Kanye pinching votes from Biden when I saw his rally appearance.

What a show.

Old 07-21-2020, 05:28 PM   #592
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

what the actual fuck?

Trump in a press conference today wished Ghislaine Maxwell well in her legal case

Old 07-24-2020, 08:20 AM   #593
FoolofaTook

Old 07-24-2020, 02:53 PM   #594
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
Thank you for posting this.

Old 07-24-2020, 03:07 PM   #595
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

‘F**king Bitch’ And The Everyday Terror Men Feel About Powerful Women

Ted Yoho is a loser.

Old 07-28-2020, 12:50 PM   #596
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

States are warning people about suspicious packages of seeds that appear to be from China

Quote:
If you've received a mysterious package of seeds in the mail lately, don't plant them.

Several states are issuing warnings after residents across the nation have reported receiving unsolicited packages that appear to have originated in China. The packages typically have Chinese characters on the label and contain a sealed packet of unknown seeds that some state agriculture departments say could be invasive plant species.
"Invasive species wreak havoc on the environment, displace or destroy native plants and insects and severely damage crops," the Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services said in a news release on July 24.

"Taking steps to prevent their introduction is the most effective method of reducing both the risk of invasive species infestations and the cost to control and mitigate those infestations."

Old 07-28-2020, 03:38 PM   #597
yo soy el mejor

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTaper View Post
i know her plight, but men are mostly just afraid of women who aren't afraid of them

Old 07-28-2020, 04:10 PM   #598
FoolofaTook

lol

Old 07-28-2020, 04:51 PM   #599
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

you sure do have a lax attitude for a man who's liable to get banned in 24 hours!

Old 07-28-2020, 05:04 PM   #600
FoolofaTook

Red face

Oh please. Ram would never dare!!