Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 03-26-2002, 08:34 PM   #31
Siamese Dreamer
Oblivious Virgin

Thumbs up

FUCK YEAH BILLY, It's nice to know that you give a fuck, and that "CORGAN BASHING" is not appriciated by those who have not been acknowledged for supreme musical talent and songwriting abilities... Keep up ALL of the good work!

------------------

Nothing Left To Say,
And All I've Left 2 Do,
Is Run away From U

Nothing Left To Say,
And All I've Left 2 Do,
Is Run away From U

Old 03-26-2002, 08:44 PM   #32
misho
Pledge

Thumbs up

Mayfuck is a True Poet of Glass

Old 03-26-2002, 09:37 PM   #33
spaceboy48195

Rawk on Billy!

Old 03-26-2002, 09:39 PM   #34
wounded
Apocalyptic Poster

please people...

changing "smashing pumpkins" to "The Smashing Pumpkins"

Old 03-26-2002, 09:46 PM   #35
StereoGirl

Red face

Signing with Virgin was a pretty big blunder, I guess.

IP: Logged

Billy Corgan
The True Poet of Glass
http://mayphuck.homestead.com/files/admin.gif

posted 03-26-2002 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Billy Corgan Click Here to Email Billy Corgan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote send a private message to Billy Corgan
Obviously, my biggest blunder was creating the O-Board.

Welcome to page 2!!!
Old 03-26-2002, 10:06 PM   #36
Mayfuck
Banned

Bizzup

Old 03-26-2002, 10:24 PM   #37
the imprisoned filosopher
Amish Rake Fighter

ppl express their sadness differently, for most here consolation seems to come from laying blame on others regardless of the fact of whether they were good or not...

personally the machina story was a brilliant move by SP, one of many... they should have stopped with the jimmy incident but that is the past, nothing can be done about it... great things came as a result, and it was not because of that the band broke up or because ppl started losing interest... dont illude yourselves to the greater truth that they were never in harmony with the commercial wave, which is why they were so great, and which is why it turned against them... but dont get mistake me, the break up of SP does not mean they were defeated, far from it...

Old 03-26-2002, 10:42 PM   #38
~Rapunzel~

Smile

"the o board blunder* *lol*

Old 03-26-2002, 10:47 PM   #39
Sacred Age Of Innocence
Ownz

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by Siamese Dreamer:
FUCK YEAH BILLY, It's nice to know that you give a fuck, and that "CORGAN BASHING" is not appriciated by those who have not been acknowledged for supreme musical talent and songwriting abilities... Keep up ALL of the good work!

God tell me you are a troll because if you aren't, then you are the saddest person on this board!

hookers times loneliness divided by organ drinders = monkey hearts

new monkey heart + hooker = hooker monkeys!

Old 03-26-2002, 11:07 PM   #40
Siamese Dreamer
Oblivious Virgin

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Sacred Age Of Innocence:
God tell me you are a troll because if you aren't, then you are the saddest person on this board!

What the fuck is a troll?
I've seen comments abput being a troll but I have no idea what the fuck one is, and PS... what the fuck is so sad if I am not

------------------

Nothing Left To Say,
And All I've Left 2 Do,
Is Run away From U

Nothing Left To Say,
And All I've Left 2 Do,
Is Run away From U

Old 03-26-2002, 11:16 PM   #41
Siamese Dreamer
Oblivious Virgin

Arrow

Billy hasn't made blunders, he's been himself, and expressed his feelings through music. how can you fault an honest human being????

------------------

Nothing Left To Say,
And All I've Left 2 Do,
Is Run away From U

Nothing Left To Say,
And All I've Left 2 Do,
Is Run away From U

Old 03-26-2002, 11:27 PM   #42
StefanieZero

Cool

Good thing you didnt post on the o-board... "OMYFUK!!!ITZ B0LLY!!!11!!"

Old 03-26-2002, 11:29 PM   #43
Knight0440

Wow, billy looking at the net? and responding?!?! Havn't seen that in months!

nice

------------------
Ted-

~Carve out your hearts for keeps in an old oak tree~ BC-

BTW, the site for Today 2000 is Http://members.spree.com/travel/galapogostf

Old 03-26-2002, 11:40 PM   #44
aspecialkid
THE COOK

hmm...

[This message has been edited by aspecialkid (edited 03-27-2002).]

Old 03-27-2002, 01:34 AM   #45
SP33
Demi-God

Billy.

Wow.

------------------
"We have the answer to your question. The answer to your guess is that we never fucking left!" 12.02.00

I have more than the regular shoes...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 03-27-2002, 02:07 AM   #46
Kumar Littlejeans
Demi-God

We've stept into our own personal little hell here.

Also, that time he said "sick!" when describing The Beatles in rolling stone.

Old 03-27-2002, 10:02 AM   #47
List On Fork
Pledge

Quote:
Originally posted by Kumar Littlejeans:
You mean when he described the vocal harmonies? "Those vocal harmonies are just sick!" as in "Those vocal harmonies are just wicked!"

Old 03-27-2002, 12:47 PM   #48
Reyngel
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by StereoGirl:
Signing with Virgin was a pretty big blunder, I guess.
Um, yeah... it sure is a shame that Gish, Siamese Dream, Pisces, Mellon Collie, Adore, Machina, TAFH, Greatist Hits/Judas, Vieuphoria and the DVD were released. Those fuckin Virgin bastards! Why couldn't they have just let the Pumpkins rot in a garage their whole lives, playing songs for their parents and the stack of used car tires???

Old 03-27-2002, 02:38 PM   #49
obscured01
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally posted by Reyngel:
Um, yeah... it sure is a shame that Gish, Siamese Dream, Pisces, Mellon Collie, Adore, Machina, TAFH, Greatist Hits/Judas, Vieuphoria and the DVD were released. Those fuckin Virgin bastards! Why couldn't they have just let the Pumpkins rot in a garage their whole lives, playing songs for their parents and the stack of used car tires???
]

umm.. I think you took what she said out of context.

------------------
~*Sarah Kimberly*~

...and the tragic and
romantic ascent...

AIM: Gazing Iscariot

Old 03-27-2002, 02:57 PM   #50
Reyngel
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

umm.. I think you took what she said out of context.
Umm... no, I didn't. My point is that the pros of signing with Virgin completely outweigh the cons. Plus, signing with one of the largest record companies in the world cannot be considered a mistake, or blunder, or whatever you want to call it. If you're a starving garage band trying to make it big, and you get a chance to hook up with Virgin Records, it's a mistake -not- to sign. It doesn't matter that there were issues of disrespect further down the line, etc. The fact is that Billy had the tools, but Virgin made it happen. I think Billy's greatest decision was to sign with them. If he hadn't, who knows where'd he'd be today.

Old 03-27-2002, 03:37 PM   #51
Joe_Zero1979
Amish Rake Fighter

i think Machina as a album was fantastic. as for all this extra crap, its just that its crap. I'm one of the die hard fans from teh early 90's it was my generation, that sent him to the top! but now, i feel like, the pumpkins tried to be something their not with all this machina mystery and crap, i think they woul dhave been better just sticking to the music. The Pumpkins have made me alot of who i am today, and will continute to be there for me like a best friend. I love the pumpkins!

Old 03-27-2002, 03:57 PM   #52
Reyngel
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe_Zero1979:
i think Machina as a album was fantastic. as for all this extra crap, its just that its crap. I'm one of the die hard fans from teh early 90's it was my generation, that sent him to the top! but now, i feel like, the pumpkins tried to be something their not with all this machina mystery and crap, i think they woul dhave been better just sticking to the music. The Pumpkins have made me alot of who i am today, and will continute to be there for me like a best friend. I love the pumpkins!
Well, Billy never publicly revealed what the other albums were about like he did with Machina. Maybe they were all conceptual too. If there's a mistake in that, it's only that he strayed from letting his music be ambiguous for the fan's sake. People can relate more to songs if they don't know what they're about, and that's why Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie took off so well. But who in their right mind can actually relate to having a huge rock band that lasted for 13 years, etc, etc, etc, which is what Machina is about, according to Billy himself.

Old 03-27-2002, 05:04 PM   #53
Travis Meekz
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally posted by Reyngel:
But who in their right mind can actually relate to having a huge rock band that lasted for 13 years, etc, etc, etc, which is what Machina is about, according to Billy himself.

A bit egotistical wouldn't you say

Old 03-27-2002, 09:28 PM   #54
lawson
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by Age Of Empathy:
I hated how he even brought up Britney's name when talking about the break-up, that was a stupid idea.
I thought so too, because it was obvious they knew they were breaking up, and certainly if it hadn't of been for pop culture sucking which britney was a product of then pumpkins might still be selling records and still together, but I think even if they were huge pumpkins would've thrown in the towel. Its not about fighting the fight against the britney's, its about making music which is all they ever did and continue to do. So I think the britney comment just showed how bitter he was about the whole thing, even so far as to show that maybe he wouldn't of released machina2 on the internet and 25 vinyl if virgin hadn't of told him it wasnt worth it to them to put it out

------------------
PhantomFM

Old 03-27-2002, 09:49 PM   #55
Mayfuck
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Kumar Littlejeans:
We've stept into our own personal little hell here.

He's just trying to be cool, leave him alone.

Old 03-28-2002, 11:21 AM   #56
Filipe

I think the worst thing Billy did was record adore as it is on the album, and expect so much from the fans. I'm not telling I don't like adore, I love the record. But Billy knew that adore wouldn't be accepted from most of the people, because it's not a "easy to catch" album. In my opinion he had two options: 1) Made adore as it is on the record and say fuck you for those who don't understand; 2) Made adore more "easy", like the live versions, with the normal pumpkin feeling and then expect from his fans.
But Billy tried to get the all the options. He tried to do something that wasn't the normal pumpkin style, and thought he would still catch his fans. And later he came with that line: at least they should see we are trying to do something....

Old 03-28-2002, 11:33 AM   #57
Virex Kills
Apocalyptic Poster

About the Machina mystery:
I think it wouldnt have been as bad if they had something to show for at the time. Instead of letting fans jerk around for 2 years. The animation that will insue looks pretty cool if you look at the trailers, the new intro at sp.com and the intro to gatmog.com
But yeah, I think it was a big mistake to tell fans about it 2 years ago without giving anyone a precise date, and then waiting so fucking long.

As for the Britney thing, I dont think it was that bad. I mean...the news took it out of context. It's not like Billy foretold he'd be taken out of context.

And I totally agree that a whole bunch of you are fucking pansies. All of a sudden everyone comes up with the exact same mistake that Billy pointed out. If billy said their biggest mistake was Flood, a lot more people would be saying "I think Flood was their biggest mistake".

------------------
http://virex.cxddesign.com/banner.jpg

Old 03-29-2002, 12:36 AM   #58
rubyghost0

i think it is funny that you guys are bitching about things that don't even matter and judging someone you have never had a real conversation with. if you are so pissed about them kicking Jimmy out of the band then why are you still around? if you are pissed about machina....get over it. it's not like you wrote the album and someone came behind your back and changed everything. and as for the brittney thing...i thought it was hilarious. do you really think he was serious?

Old 03-29-2002, 03:39 PM   #59
~Dirty_Tears_of_Ecstasy~

Angry

Oh, come the fuck on now. I am NEVER at this board, but when I do come in, people are critizing Billy and his work? I'd like to see the rest of you try to create the ingenius work he has. You can't call him an Asshole, or an egomaniac unless you've lived a day in his shoes, and saw the world at his point of view. I don't think Billy has fucked up in any way with the pumpkins or Zwan, and he is just being Billy, how can you tell him to do otherwise? I would just like to say that, of course I do favor some albums more than others, The Pumpkins have never been anything but themselves, and that's what's made them great.

(By the way, what the fuck is up with "Bolly"? Does he like being called that? It just sounds like a nickname a bunch of obsessed teeny-boppers made up...)

Old 03-29-2002, 05:46 PM   #60
wounded
Apocalyptic Poster

i got one

wearing that silver dress at the last show