Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2017, 03:13 AM   #661
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Fuck I can't do it. Not when I am this close to getting a job. What if she swabs me again tomorrow?

I'll just quaff a nightcap and pass out. Close call.

Old 12-27-2017, 03:56 AM   #662
Shallowed
Braindead

Stay strong, brother. Do it for me.

Old 12-27-2017, 04:06 AM   #663
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

don't break, took.

you're staying off for a good cause and that's way more important than giggling and diggin shoegaze.

Old 12-27-2017, 05:18 AM   #664
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

in those dark moments

it's gotta be zevon

Old 12-27-2017, 08:20 AM   #665
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
Yeah I'm not done with weed. this hiatus is purely for the raising of my children
That's me, too. Although if you're still in Singapore I wouldn't try it!!

The grandkids don't need me to raise them, plus stoner grandmas are the best.

Old 12-27-2017, 09:40 AM   #666
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Nah, I'll be back in NZ by then, buying my weed from gangs like a good NZ citizen. It's important to support local industry!

little preschoolers are the BEST though, I wanna be sober for that. Being a stoner gramma when you're looking after a 2 year old is bullshit and I definitely want to be a grandma who helps her children by looking after grandkids once or twice a week, so they can go back to work or study if they want. My mum did that for me and I wouldn't have gone back to study if she hadn't, because she was the only one I trusted to look after my child. I used to go and stay with my grandparents for a week at a time during the school holidays and it was an important part of becoming independent. Grandmas are really important.

Old 12-27-2017, 11:11 AM   #667
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I think I would be a better grandma than mom by far.

Is there anyway to skip the whole being a mom thing and just having grandkids?

Old 12-27-2017, 12:07 PM   #668
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
Nah, I'll be back in NZ by then, buying my weed from gangs like a good NZ citizen. It's important to support local industry!

little preschoolers are the BEST though, I wanna be sober for that. Being a stoner gramma when you're looking after a 2 year old is bullshit and I definitely want to be a grandma who helps her children by looking after grandkids once or twice a week, so they can go back to work or study if they want. My mum did that for me and I wouldn't have gone back to study if she hadn't, because she was the only one I trusted to look after my child. I used to go and stay with my grandparents for a week at a time during the school holidays and it was an important part of becoming independent. Grandmas are really important.
Honestly I don't know what I'll do, I was partially joking (not about smoking again one day). I am so SO far away from grandkids I can't even wrap my head around it. My own child isn't even a toddler yet. Hahaha

Old 12-27-2017, 12:09 PM   #669
FoolofaTook

Shish Kebab that was close. I think I need to stop drinking. The last time I broke down I was drunk, back in September.

Old 12-27-2017, 12:11 PM   #670
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Had a dream about drinking wine last night. Seriously what the fuck. Everybody stop doing things so I can stop dreaming vicariously!!!!

Old 12-27-2017, 12:11 PM   #671
FoolofaTook

This weekend it will rain and all the snow will be gone. Then it won't be so hard. But when everything is white and pretty and sparkly... just want to smoke and listen to Bilinda cooing over Kevins glides and swooshes and zooms etc etc.

Old 12-27-2017, 12:40 PM   #672
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
I think I would be a better grandma than mom by far.

Is there anyway to skip the whole being a mom thing and just having grandkids?
No way! You have to earn the title of grandma. Not like say, President, or something.

Old 12-27-2017, 12:46 PM   #673
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
Honestly I don't know what I'll do, I was partially joking (not about smoking again one day). I am so SO far away from grandkids I can't even wrap my head around it. My own child isn't even a toddler yet. Hahaha
More to this: unless she becomes pregnant as a teenager or something. That will sure change my life in ways I hadn't hoped for. That was the one "bad" thing I didn't do, and I'm hoping she's immeasurably smarter than I ever was.

Side note: she's already smart enough to know the anti-reflux medicine bottle and slap it out of my hand. I don't blame her but wrestling a disagreeable infant is no fun. And I know it only gets funner.

Old 12-27-2017, 04:33 PM   #674
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
No way! You have to earn the title of grandma. Not like say, President, or something.
Well I can still marry a woman with kids... this is salvageable still without putting myself through any effort.

Old 12-27-2017, 05:49 PM   #675
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
sometimes i still feel like puffing on one. i just don't.
Your mom does!

Old 12-27-2017, 06:14 PM   #676
FoolofaTook

NOT AS WELL AS YOUR FATHER

Old 12-27-2017, 06:37 PM   #677
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Yeah, well, YOUR DAD'S DICK TASTES LIKE SHIT!

Old 12-27-2017, 06:39 PM   #678
FoolofaTook

Another great band name: Dad's Dick

Old 12-27-2017, 06:47 PM   #679
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
More to this: unless she becomes pregnant as a teenager or something. That will sure change my life in ways I hadn't hoped for. That was the one "bad" thing I didn't do, and I'm hoping she's immeasurably smarter than I ever was.

Side note: she's already smart enough to know the anti-reflux medicine bottle and slap it out of my hand. I don't blame her but wrestling a disagreeable infant is no fun. And I know it only gets funner.
Aw shit yur bebbe has reflux? That shit is ROUGH until you get it dx/tx

The dick fam prac Dr just kept shruggin and sayin "colic" over and over then she'd look meaningful into our spent/aching eyeballs and go "but how are YOU doing are YOU ok?"

Yes dr i am ok except for my very soul is ripped to shreds from the constant tortured screaming of this precious infant

Took us 3 months to get to see the 1 local pediatric gastroenteroligsms who took 1 look @ behbe and said "yep reflux, here give it this" and thank/praise fuck it worked!

Old 12-31-2017, 01:22 AM   #680
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Unhappy

my job involves writing (mostly promotional/marketing stuff) and i have been utterly incapable of producing any work. i have had blockages before but this is taking it to a new level, i'm honestly alarmed. i'll sit in front of a blank Word document for 3-4 hours and will literally not be able to write down more than 2-3 sentences without backing up and deleting it and staring into space for another 30 minutes.

i feel like such a failure. i don't know what to do. it's so incapacitating. i don't want to let my bosses down. they're asking shit of me and i say of course and then i sit down to write it and nothing comes out. how do you fight that? i'm dry as desert. dead as stone. i don't know how to solve this.

what the hell am i going to do?

Old 12-31-2017, 01:25 AM   #681
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

it's not just work, mind you. i feel absolutely barren.
i'm not writing songs, i'm not painting, i'm not doing anything creative or additive. i have nothing in me. i have the motivation to fight back, at least if only to finish this shit i need to finish for work, but there's literally nothing to fight, there's just nothing there.

Old 12-31-2017, 01:34 AM   #682
FoolofaTook

I am sorry. I hate writer's block but my stuff is just a pathetic hobby, not my livelihood. I wish I could tell you how to restart. I usually read or go for long walks with music but I'm sure you have other ways and have tried them.

Old 12-31-2017, 05:43 AM   #683
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i'm sorry b0lly maybe a change of scenery for a few days?

Old 12-31-2017, 08:42 AM   #684
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
my job involves writing (mostly promotional/marketing stuff) and i have been utterly incapable of producing any work. i have had blockages before but this is taking it to a new level, i'm honestly alarmed. i'll sit in front of a blank Word document for 3-4 hours and will literally not be able to write down more than 2-3 sentences without backing up and deleting it and staring into space for another 30 minutes.

i feel like such a failure. i don't know what to do. it's so incapacitating. i don't want to let my bosses down. they're asking shit of me and i say of course and then i sit down to write it and nothing comes out. how do you fight that? i'm dry as desert. dead as stone. i don't know how to solve this.

what the hell am i going to do?
This happens to me with school stuff. v frustrating, as I'll pop onto netphoria and jam out posts like nothing

I'd say either read something to inspire you (writers you like, prose you enjoy, etc), or (and this may be bad for work but) some sort of drug influence may help

Old 12-31-2017, 08:48 AM   #685
LaBelle
Socialphobic

To me getting my head off what I have to accomplish for a bit and breaking routine, trying new things or simply exposing myself to different people/movies/music can often times help when faced with any form of block.

Old 12-31-2017, 01:11 PM   #686
ilikeplanets
Braindead

New Year's Eve in my favorite holiday and it's gonna be a hard one this year since I'll be spending it quite differently from now on. I probably will just try to go to bed when she does (like 9 lol) so I don't stay up wanting to be high.

Old 12-31-2017, 01:21 PM   #687
FoolofaTook

I also like to go work out in the local YMCA in tanktop and yoga pants, keeping an eye out for the likely Filfs/Dilfs.

Old 12-31-2017, 02:07 PM   #688
LaBelle
Socialphobic

We're having our first new year's churrasco.
Exciting times, I for one am thankful I don't have to eat roasted pig for 27th time.

Old 12-31-2017, 02:17 PM   #689
vixnix
Socialphobic

I had to look up churrasco, looks pretty good

I drank too much tonight. First time we've ever gone out for New Year's, as a couple. First time the kids have stayed up until midnight.

It was a good party. I really can't handle drinking this much wine.

kids fell asleep in the cab on the way home

probably shouldn't have added the grilled cheese

Old 12-31-2017, 03:02 PM   #690
Elphenor
Braindead

I don't have any desire to leave the house on new years

mostly don't like holidays because it means less activity across my various internet outlets