Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2012, 08:07 PM   #61
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

fuck all of you for your analysis paralysis i will buy this and enjoy the fuck out of it. only thing that i might be more excited for than the cure reflections dvd and possible reissue of the cure in orange

Old 04-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #62
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

that's because you're a huge tool

Old 04-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #63
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i'll definitely enjoy it if it comes out

Old 04-16-2012, 10:14 PM   #64
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
i bet the dvd will be heavily edited and there will be no James/Jimmy.

Old 04-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #65
Trotskilicious
Banned

hey guys what if the sound and video quality is atrocious and then you realize why he's been sitting on it all these years, because it like, sucks real bad

Old 04-16-2012, 11:09 PM   #66
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

if you had told me that a day would come when i really didn't care very much about this, i would have disagreed.

but between the amount of time that's passed, and all that bill's done to trash the SP legacy since during that time, here we are. i'll get it, but i can't see myself watching it more than 2x ever. which is a shame in a way, because that concert was really, really remarkable. once in a lifetime

Old 04-17-2012, 12:09 AM   #67
TuralyonW3
Immortal

I'd much rather have high quality show releases from 93-97, especially 95-97

Old 04-17-2012, 12:59 AM   #68
Ball Sack Face
Banned

I wonder if when Billy put the full page Chicago Tribune ad out just five years after the band broke up, if he actually thought James and D'arcy would come back because of nostalgia or need of money or whatever. I think he genuinely thought he could resurrect what the Pumpkins were, but once they ignored him and things didn't feel right with the new cast, it was too late to go back because his ego got in the way. Thus the Smashing Pumpkins from 2007 through today are a result of Billy's unwillingness to admit he should have left them dead.

Or maybe he really thinks they are genuinely the Pumpkins. Who knows.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:14 AM   #69
Reyngel
Apocalyptic Poster

Billy continues to contradict himself. It is impossible at this point to know the actual truth about what went down, unless James comes out and verifys any of it.

But Here's how it most likely all went down:

-James told Billy he was done in 1999.
-Billy, being a hopeless romantic, decided to have the original band lineup end together, making one final record and doing one final tour before James left.
-Billy brings Jimmy back, the band goes through the Arising! period and together begin writing the album.
-Darcy's drug addiction causes her to freak the fuck out during the Roxy show in '99(I can personally attest to this, I was there), and hastily quits the band that very night, making the Roxy show the final time the 4 original members were together.
-Billy moves on and continues without Darcy, hence the name of the meet-and-greet tour: Resume the Pose
-With Melissa on board and Machina finished and released, the band begins the tour
-During the tour, the relationship between Billy and James comes to a crashing end. James is unhappy with Billy's decisions and direction, and Billy in unhappy with James' commitment to the big picture
-Billy, after seeing that with James completely signed off the Pumpkins are over, announces the impending breakup on KROQ
-They continue the world tour, with James just trying to go through the motions for the sake of the band's image, but waiting to finally be done with Billy
-The band begins rehearsing for the two farewell shows
-The band is super emotional by this point, very on edge
-With a final 4-hour last show, Billy and James seek to close the door on that huge part of their lives, but in doing so, look internally, rather than at what the other needs
-After the emotional show, the only two members of the band who were there every single day from day 1, broke down in their own ways: Billy, the extrovert, balled his eyes out on stage. And James, the introvert, fled the scene to process what the fuck had just happened. Both were broken.
-The bad blood festered more in Billy than it did James, as Billy quickly found out that Zwan was a shallow piece of shit band compared to the Pumpkins. Billy continues to blame James for the destruction of the band.
-After an awful era with Zwan, as admitted by Billy, Billy said "fuck you" to the whole band concept and went solo... writing a poetry book and then working on a solo album.
-Freakin out about his solo career, Billy decided mid-way through the recording process that working with Jimmy again was a good thing(Dia), and decided to resurrect the Pumpkins.
-On the same day he released his solo record, Billy announces in the Tribune that he wanted the Pumpkins back. The plan was to use that announcement to simultaneously boost record sales, as well as stir talk about Billy and Jimmy reuniting.
-Because Billy still carried a grudge regarding James, he never, ever called or wrote. Instead, he asked people to ask James about the Pumpkins reformation indirectly. James's response? "Fuck that. It he wanted me, he would ask me himself."
-Never intending to have James back anyway, Billy and Jimmy laughed about the idea of Darcy returning, especially if James was out, and then went on to make Zeitgeist.
-When asked about if he contacted James, Billy lies so as not to look like a punk. He explains that James never called him back, which contradicts him originally saying that James said he didn't want to be a part of it.
-James refuses to address the media about it, as he has moved on to things he actually cares about.
-This pisses off Billy more, and he continues to slander James in numerous interviews, with James refusing to participate in the uproar.
-This whole process eventually repeats itself, as Jimmy leaves for the same reasons James left, and Billy moves to trash Jimmy in several interviews.
-Billy immaturely responds to Jimmy leaving by hiring a kid drummer with zero experience to replace him.
-Too hard to admit how dumb it all was, Billy goes on to construct the monstrosity that is/was Teargarden
-Present day

Last edited by Reyngel : 04-17-2012 at 03:19 AM.

Old 04-17-2012, 04:57 AM   #70
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

The thread title should read "Final Metro Blu-ray, finally?".
Seriously....it's 2012. DVDs suck.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:17 AM   #71
Grox
Apocalyptic Poster

.....fuck 2010 was a bad time to become a massive fan of this band

Old 04-17-2012, 10:45 AM   #72
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyngel View Post
Billy continues to contradict himself. It is impossible at this point to know the actual truth about what went down, unless James comes out and verifys any of it.

But Here's how it most likely all went down:

-James told Billy he was done in 1999.
-Billy, being a hopeless romantic, decided to have the original band lineup end together, making one final record and doing one final tour before James left.
-Billy brings Jimmy back, the band goes through the Arising! period and together begin writing the album.
-Darcy's drug addiction causes her to freak the fuck out during the Roxy show in '99(I can personally attest to this, I was there), and hastily quits the band that very night, making the Roxy show the final time the 4 original members were together.
-Billy moves on and continues without Darcy, hence the name of the meet-and-greet tour: Resume the Pose
-With Melissa on board and Machina finished and released, the band begins the tour
-During the tour, the relationship between Billy and James comes to a crashing end. James is unhappy with Billy's decisions and direction, and Billy in unhappy with James' commitment to the big picture
-Billy, after seeing that with James completely signed off the Pumpkins are over, announces the impending breakup on KROQ
-They continue the world tour, with James just trying to go through the motions for the sake of the band's image, but waiting to finally be done with Billy
-The band begins rehearsing for the two farewell shows
-The band is super emotional by this point, very on edge
-With a final 4-hour last show, Billy and James seek to close the door on that huge part of their lives, but in doing so, look internally, rather than at what the other needs
-After the emotional show, the only two members of the band who were there every single day from day 1, broke down in their own ways: Billy, the extrovert, balled his eyes out on stage. And James, the introvert, fled the scene to process what the fuck had just happened. Both were broken.
-The bad blood festered more in Billy than it did James, as Billy quickly found out that Zwan was a shallow piece of shit band compared to the Pumpkins. Billy continues to blame James for the destruction of the band.
-After an awful era with Zwan, as admitted by Billy, Billy said "fuck you" to the whole band concept and went solo... writing a poetry book and then working on a solo album.
-Freakin out about his solo career, Billy decided mid-way through the recording process that working with Jimmy again was a good thing(Dia), and decided to resurrect the Pumpkins.
-On the same day he released his solo record, Billy announces in the Tribune that he wanted the Pumpkins back. The plan was to use that announcement to simultaneously boost record sales, as well as stir talk about Billy and Jimmy reuniting.
-Because Billy still carried a grudge regarding James, he never, ever called or wrote. Instead, he asked people to ask James about the Pumpkins reformation indirectly. James's response? "Fuck that. It he wanted me, he would ask me himself."
-Never intending to have James back anyway, Billy and Jimmy laughed about the idea of Darcy returning, especially if James was out, and then went on to make Zeitgeist.
-When asked about if he contacted James, Billy lies so as not to look like a punk. He explains that James never called him back, which contradicts him originally saying that James said he didn't want to be a part of it.
-James refuses to address the media about it, as he has moved on to things he actually cares about.
-This pisses off Billy more, and he continues to slander James in numerous interviews, with James refusing to participate in the uproar.
-This whole process eventually repeats itself, as Jimmy leaves for the same reasons James left, and Billy moves to trash Jimmy in several interviews.
-Billy immaturely responds to Jimmy leaving by hiring a kid drummer with zero experience to replace him.
-Too hard to admit how dumb it all was, Billy goes on to construct the monstrosity that is/was Teargarden
-Present day
that's a shit ton of assumptions but they do seem quite possible.

Old 04-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #73
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
The thread title should read "Final Metro Blu-ray, finally?".
Seriously....it's 2012. DVDs suck.
do you even think it was filmed digitally in 2000

i mean seriously what good would a blue ray format be

Old 04-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #74
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
do you even think it was filmed digitally in 2000

i mean seriously what good would a blue ray format be

Well, let's assume that it was shot digitally. The next question would be if
it was shot in Standard Definition or High Definition. HD started in 2000 so
it is possible but my guess would be that it was shot in Standard Definition.
Even then (SD), a presentation on Blu-ray would benefit because you wouldn't
have any digital artefacts.
Since HD started in 2000 it would actually be better if the source material was film.
If a master was created from that it will look so much better on Blu-ray.
As an example....here's a screenshot comparison (crop) of the movie "Seven Samurai" (1954):
Blu-ray versus DVD...the difference is incredible:

http://www.caps-a-holic.com/hd_vergl...ss=1#vergleich

And then there's of course lossless audio on Blu-rays. Wouldn't you like
to experience the Metro show with DTS-HD Master Audio?

Old 04-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #75
Grox
Apocalyptic Poster

judging from the fuck you video it looks like it was shot digitally

Old 04-17-2012, 12:24 PM   #76
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
to experience the Metro show with DTS-HD Master Audio?
i think i already pretty well covered why i don't care about it at all

Old 04-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #77
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

(i say this good heartedly)

Old 04-17-2012, 12:53 PM   #78
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
blue ray
It is spelled 'Blu-ray'.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #79
Trotskilicious
Banned

i'm not sure if you're picking this up but material garbage and gadgets don't interest me whatsoever

Old 04-17-2012, 01:00 PM   #80
Trotskilicious
Banned

OMG WHAT ABOUT A BLU RAY INSTEAD OF A DVD ARE YOU STUPID ???? #firstworldproblems

Old 04-17-2012, 01:17 PM   #81
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
BLU RAY
You forget the '-'.
It's 'Blu-ray'...;(

Old 04-17-2012, 04:58 PM   #82
MusicMan4

it's definitely blue ray
blu isn't even a word you idiot

Old 04-17-2012, 04:58 PM   #83
MusicMan4

what is this a propriety format invented by blu cantrell

Old 04-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #84
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

>>>

Quote:
The name Blu-ray is derived from the underlying technology, which utilizes a blue-violet laser to read and write data. The name is a combination of "Blue" (blue-violet laser) and "Ray" (optical ray). According to the Blu-ray Disc Association the spelling of "Blu-ray" is not a mistake, the character "e" was intentionally left out so the term could be registered as a trademark.

The correct full name is Blu-ray Disc, not Blu-ray Disk (incorrect spelling)
The correct shortened name is Blu-ray, not Blu-Ray (incorrect capitalization) or Blue-ray (incorrect spelling)
The correct abbreviation is BD, not BR or BRD (wrong abbreviation)

Old 04-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #85
MusicMan4

you know anyone can edit wikipedia to fuck with you

Old 04-17-2012, 05:04 PM   #86
Trotskilicious
Banned

gotta make sure you respect the trademark

Old 04-17-2012, 05:37 PM   #87
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveflower View Post
you know anyone can edit wikipedia

Source:
http://www.blu-ray.com/faq/

Old 04-17-2012, 05:50 PM   #88
memories_unwind
František`s mate

Billy will release it in HD DVD, just to piss off the music industry.

Old 04-17-2012, 07:10 PM   #89
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
originally posted by Esty:

For a lot of fans, this was the last show and especially if you were there, you want to relive the experience.

pfft. 4-24-99

Old 04-17-2012, 07:34 PM   #90
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
pfft. 4-24-99
Yeah, I remember them annoucing that was the last show and those tickets were fecthing thousands of bucks. Sorry, my bad.