Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2017, 01:31 AM   #91
Shallowed
Socialphobic
 
Shallowed's Avatar
 
Location: my parent's house in a shitty backwater country town
Posts: 14,911
Default

I'm still waiting to be complimented and then insulted.

 
Shallowed is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 01:40 AM   #92
Bread Regal
Banned
 
Posts: 5,711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
if toc was specifically targeting anyone with his hate he would be banned, but he doesn't.
this distinction is patently nonsensical. calling transgenderism a mental disorder specifically targets trans people. calling blm a terrorist organization specifically targets black people. using harmful racial stereotypes as the punchline for a joke specifically targets racial minorities.

targeting millions of people at once, including boarders? totally permissible
targeting one specific person? we'll consult with the secret council of elders

i care somewhat about this place because of the experiences i've shared with people here. yes, i'm powerless to ban boarders, but will engage in direct action and do what is within my power to get fascists and their enablers to vacate the place.

Quote:
people are allowed to have terrible opinions.
nobody, however, is automatically entitled to a platform

Quote:
but i can live with that, because it's not a personal insult to me to have someone i disagree with who i think is a bigot on the forum.
well, then, in that case, uh, maybe, perhaps, you should...check your privilege?

 
Bread Regal is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 01:46 AM   #93
reprise85
Submortal
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: Now, I'm not a professional psychologist, but I am an amateur psychologist. And I think that your spontaneous eye-watering may have something to do with your father.
Posts: 27,950
Default

their are bigots everywhere. fighting them on netphoria isn't activism, it's almost completely a waste of time. trying to brute force someone who you think is a racist off of netphoria in a way that could directly fuck with their personal life, when you have very little evidence that they are actually a racist, and when there are actual proud, visible neo nazis marching in the streets who are clearly fascists, is completely misguided, imo. you don't have to search out posts where people make problematic remarks as jokes that they should't have made. the bad guys are marching in the fucking streets

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 01:50 AM   #94
Bread Regal
Banned
 
Posts: 5,711
Default

which is why

banning them

is the right thing to do

 
Bread Regal is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 01:51 AM   #95
Bread Regal
Banned
 
Posts: 5,711
Default

this is such a simple, no-shit-sherlock idea

 
Bread Regal is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 01:54 AM   #96
pavementtune
now what?
 
pavementtune's Avatar
 
Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
Posts: 6,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread Regal View Post
which is why

banning them

is the right thing to do
I don't disagree, I tried to get specifically toc banned for huh, over two years. didn't work. so yea, I stopped trying, because after hearing the various "rules" that were established god knows when by whoever roughly 50 times, I simply can't hear it anymore.

If you can convince the admins to actually FUCKING FINALLY swing the ban hammer on toc and co - please, I'd honestly appreciate it if someone else tries.

 
pavementtune is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 01:54 AM   #97
reprise85
Submortal
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: Now, I'm not a professional psychologist, but I am an amateur psychologist. And I think that your spontaneous eye-watering may have something to do with your father.
Posts: 27,950
Default

as for checking my privilege. toc is the clearist racist/transphobe etc person on the board. and i am angry that he is here and is allowed to post all the shit he is posting (though i do delete the worst of it). he IS actually a fascist. why aren't you going after toc? he's an actual problem boarder. you don't have to search through his fucking posts to find a few bad examples of shit. he is the enemy

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 01:55 AM   #98
Bread Regal
Banned
 
Posts: 5,711
Default

read the faggot thread again ad keep an eye out of his posts

 
Bread Regal is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 01:56 AM   #99
reprise85
Submortal
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: Now, I'm not a professional psychologist, but I am an amateur psychologist. And I think that your spontaneous eye-watering may have something to do with your father.
Posts: 27,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread Regal View Post
which is why

banning them

is the right thing to do
i agree that banning actual proud bigots is the right thing to do

i don't agree that that is what teh b0lly is.

there is really only toc and poots and fuzzy to some extent.

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 01:57 AM   #100
reprise85
Submortal
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: Now, I'm not a professional psychologist, but I am an amateur psychologist. And I think that your spontaneous eye-watering may have something to do with your father.
Posts: 27,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread Regal View Post
read the faggot thread again ad keep an eye out of his posts
i recently brought up toc to the admins. sometimes i get frustrated and dont read all of his posts. please report them in that case.

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 01:58 AM   #101
pavementtune
now what?
 
pavementtune's Avatar
 
Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
Posts: 6,913
Default

does anyone remember what the "final official" reason was to get alternative-facts-piece-of-garbage Belte banned? Whatever applied there sure as shit applies to some others.

 
pavementtune is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 02:00 AM   #102
redbreegull
Immortal
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: we are the new age of whatever
Posts: 25,812
Default

look at this bolshevik bukakke liberal shitstorm

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 02:01 AM   #103
pavementtune
now what?
 
pavementtune's Avatar
 
Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
Posts: 6,913
Default

I'm having bolshevik bukkake for breakfast. it's not all that bad.

 
pavementtune is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 02:05 AM   #104
vixnix
Socialphobic
 
vixnix's Avatar
 
Location: That God you believe in must have had his head right up his arse if he took Luke and not you instead
Posts: 10,311
Default

I don't hear many people discuss how things might have been different if the Mensheviks had been put in charge.

 
vixnix is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 02:13 AM   #105
vixnix
Socialphobic
 
vixnix's Avatar
 
Location: That God you believe in must have had his head right up his arse if he took Luke and not you instead
Posts: 10,311
Default

Also, tehbolly isn't racist. He said some stuff as a joke and I know he feels bad thinking that he truly hurt anyone by saying it. The only reason most of us would say that stuff here is under the assumption that people will see it as the joke it is. Sometimes I say stuff figuring it's so vile and reprehensible that nobody will think I'm serious and people will take it really seriously.

But the same people will defend duo's board persona as an unashamed pedophile, which he maintained for years and years.

There are no actual bad people at this board, not that I can think of. Maybe poots, who gives off just a bit of that "I'm better off than you because I made better choices and also because you are a loser" vibe.

TOC puts out some pretty unbelievable ideas but I've never seen him be persistently unkind to anyone. And fuzzy's the same, recently. He actually treats other people considerably better than most people treat him.

Belte I enjoyed for entertainment and I'm sad he's gone. But he's swallowed the koolaid and is proud of his line green moustache so yeah, I can see why people would et sick of that.

 
vixnix is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 02:14 AM   #106
vixnix
Socialphobic
 
vixnix's Avatar
 
Location: That God you believe in must have had his head right up his arse if he took Luke and not you instead
Posts: 10,311
Default

Oh and yo soy lol. I forgot yo soy.

She's like some feral alley cat that someone rescued from the inside of a garbage bin but nobody managed to tame.

 
vixnix is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 02:18 AM   #107
Bread Regal
Banned
 
Posts: 5,711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
i agree that banning actual proud bigots is the right thing to do

i don't agree that that is what teh b0lly is.

there is really only toc and poots and fuzzy to some extent.
you're not gonna find posts by him proclaiming white racial superiority (because that's widely taboo sentiment), but if he is ever involved in a discussion regarding social inequity, he's there to minimize, gaslight and characterize statements like "using 'faggot' as a punchline is intrinsically hostile toward gays" as feigned outrage. and he sees himself as liberal. it's hella obnoxious and, in my view, is more pernicious than overt expressions of CHWM supremacy.

 
Bread Regal is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 02:22 AM   #108
Bread Regal
Banned
 
Posts: 5,711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
I don't disagree, I tried to get specifically toc banned for huh, over two years. didn't work. so yea, I stopped trying, because after hearing the various "rules" that were established god knows when by whoever roughly 50 times, I simply can't hear it anymore.

If you can convince the admins to actually FUCKING FINALLY swing the ban hammer on toc and co - please, I'd honestly appreciate it if someone else tries.
i appreciate your efforts (tone sincere).

let's see, who are the admins again?



gosh i wonder why it's so hard to convince 4 cishet white dudes to ban bigots

 
Bread Regal is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 02:37 AM   #109
JESUSNEEDSAHIT
Ownz
 
JESUSNEEDSAHIT's Avatar
 
Location: Greater Anabaptist Rakefighter Kingdom
Posts: 938
Default


 
JESUSNEEDSAHIT is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 03:47 AM   #110
Disco King
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Disco King's Avatar
 
Location: "The worst poster on this board by far." -- The worst poster on this board by far
Posts: 4,365
Default

The thing I like about having TOC around is seeing how evasive he gets when people start poking holes in his worldview that cause him dissonance, right after he's just been lecturing leftists about hiding under a parasol of ideology to shade oneself from the "inconvenient truth."

This is probably the one page in his bookmarks that doesn't reinforce his inane beliefs. Were he to be banned, it would be disappointing to know that somewhere out there, TOC is enjoying the comfort of his unchallenged belief bubble.

Pretty much, I'm okay with TOC posting here because it makes his life worse.

 
Disco King is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 12:53 PM   #111
reprise85
Submortal
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: Now, I'm not a professional psychologist, but I am an amateur psychologist. And I think that your spontaneous eye-watering may have something to do with your father.
Posts: 27,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread Regal View Post
you're not gonna find posts by him proclaiming white racial superiority (because that's widely taboo sentiment), but if he is ever involved in a discussion regarding social inequity, he's there to minimize, gaslight and characterize statements like "using 'faggot' as a punchline is intrinsically hostile toward gays" as feigned outrage. and he sees himself as liberal. it's hella obnoxious and, in my view, is more pernicious than overt expressions of CHWM supremacy.
first of all, there's no way teh b0lly believes in white racial superiority.

and gaslighting is a heavy term, i have not seen that at all. in fact the only example recently was you saying that you were just trying to talk about your beliefs on china when you were clearly trying to fuck with teh b0lly. making someone question whether they got your motives wrong when they clearly didn't, is attempted gaslighting.

i agree that feigned outrage comment is very problematic. it doesn't make him a homophobe, only a person who is wrong about a specific thing. it's not the same thing as calling gay people faggots and thinking they are gross or that they are evil and going to hell etc etc

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 01:45 PM   #112
pavementtune
now what?
 
pavementtune's Avatar
 
Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
Posts: 6,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post

Pretty much, I'm okay with TOC posting here because it makes his life worse.
tempting argument!

only I don't think that's true. people poking holes into his walls of holocaust denial, blatant racism, sexism and homophobia didn't do shit for what now, 10 years?
having a platform where he is able to post content that would get him jail time in for example Germany makes his life definitely more enjoyable.

at least you can only find his shit - or this board - by using yahoo etc. and not google, but it's bad enough.

 
pavementtune is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 04:04 PM   #113
redbreegull
Immortal
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: we are the new age of whatever
Posts: 25,812
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
tempting argument!

only I don't think that's true. people poking holes into his walls of holocaust denial, blatant racism, sexism and homophobia didn't do shit for what now, 10 years?
having a platform where he is able to post content that would get him jail time in for example Germany makes his life definitely more enjoyable.

at least you can only find his shit - or this board - by using yahoo etc. and not google, but it's bad enough.
TOC is a narcissist, and I believe he posts here for his own satisfaction. He knows we skip over and laugh at his posts that are paragraphs long about bolshevik lizard men jew banker chem trail NWO horseshit. It's not about an audience reading it, it's about him getting to say it. It's all about him.

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2017, 04:37 PM   #114
Shallowed
Socialphobic
 
Shallowed's Avatar
 
Location: my parent's house in a shitty backwater country town
Posts: 14,911
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
This is probably the one page in his bookmarks that doesn't reinforce his inane beliefs.
Yeah but he probably doesn't come here to challenge his beliefs and balance out the discourse he exposes himself to, more likely he just thinks he's better and smarter than us.

 
Shallowed is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:53 PM   #115
FoolofaTook
Braindead
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: The Walla Wallaean Vale
Posts: 17,052
Default

He isn't.

I am.

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 01:53 PM   #116
FoolofaTook
Braindead
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: The Walla Wallaean Vale
Posts: 17,052
Default

Kaboom!!

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 03:02 PM   #117
FoolofaTook
Braindead
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: The Walla Wallaean Vale
Posts: 17,052
Default

Teh Bolly apologized. He even said it was a racist comment. He went into detail in his apology.

What is the problem?

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 03:03 PM   #118
FoolofaTook
Braindead
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: The Walla Wallaean Vale
Posts: 17,052
Default

Dude gets carried away says something dumb sincerely apologizes.. and you want what? More?

You should join the police.

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 03:05 PM   #119
FoolofaTook
Braindead
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: The Walla Wallaean Vale
Posts: 17,052
Default

Poots on the other hand should be burned drowned quartered harrowed etc etc for daring to LIE that wata didn't strip the paint off the back of the neck of her les paul with her bear hands.

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 03:22 PM   #120
Shallowed
Socialphobic
 
Shallowed's Avatar
 
Location: my parent's house in a shitty backwater country town
Posts: 14,911
Default

How dear you say Wata has bear hands

 
Shallowed is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright 1998-2014