Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 04-11-2010, 02:46 PM   #1
Revol
Oblivious Virgin

Default Teargarden Reviewed!

Some kind soul on Ultimateguitar.com has reviewed the new album.

Made me think of you guys.

Quote:
Sound: "Teargarden by Kaleidoscope" is the newest Smashing Pumpkins album, all of the 44 tracks will be released for free at The Smashing Pumpkins over the next few years at four week intervals. My impression of the new album is that it could be the revival of the Smashing Pumpkins, with songs like "Song For a Son" "Widow Wake my Mind" and "A Stich In Time" the Pumpkins return to their roots. The album is based on the idea of the journey of life, base through four characters. Most of the album has an alternative rock sound to it with some touches of phychedelia. In my opinion this is going to be one of the greatest albums of all time. // 9

Lyrics and Singing: The lyrics return to a very 90's Pumpkins style and are touching and inspiring like almost all of Corgan's literary works. The lyrics fit the music like almost nothing else I've ever heared and reassure me that the Pumpkins will never die. Corgans singing skills are incredible to say the least and everything he does ends up being a work of art. // 10

Impression: This album competes with earlier Pumpkins albums such as Gish and Siamese Dream because it sounds very authentic and spacey, almost like you floating on clouds made of the genius behind Corgan's art. The most impressive songs so far would have to be "A Song For a Song" and "Widow Wake My Mind" because the venture into a style that sounds completely fresh and against the grain of the top 40 world that we live in. So far I love this album and cannot wait for more songs. If I lost thi album I would go back on the site and get it for free, I wouldn't have to buy it, thanks billy. // 10

Old 04-11-2010, 02:58 PM   #2
Deep_Throat
Oblivious Virgin

The obelisk has made contact.

Old 04-11-2010, 03:03 PM   #3
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Seems like the guy is just trying to get his page ranking up. Either that or he is getting paid to write a review.

No real person is going to write a review for something they have not heard yet.

Old 04-11-2010, 03:44 PM   #4
Astur
Apocalyptic Poster

I was expecting a review of the fake leak. I'm not sure which would be a bigger fail though.

Old 04-11-2010, 04:26 PM   #5
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

I seriously wonder if Billy is using one of those get paid 50 cents for every site you post a review on sites.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:58 PM   #6
TuralyonW3
Immortal

"window wake my mind" "impressive" right

Old 04-11-2010, 07:58 PM   #7
TuralyonW3
Immortal

i mean it certainly made an impression

Old 04-12-2010, 01:27 AM   #8
vbshlofbvgos
Apocalyptic Poster

almost like you floating on clouds
its just there in the air

Old 04-12-2010, 01:59 AM   #9
Astur
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
If I lost thi album I would go back on the site and get it for free, I wouldn't have to buy it, thanks billy. // 10
lol

Old 04-13-2010, 07:02 AM   #10
Kahlo

Quote:
This album competes with earlier Pumpkins albums such as Gish and Siamese Dream because it sounds very authentic and spacey, almost like you floating on clouds made of the genius behind Corgan's art.
http://rlv.zcache.com/hello_my_name_...49qibm_400.jpg

Old 04-15-2010, 12:36 AM   #11
zerochanceigot
Amish Rake Fighter

i like em all accept widow wake my mind.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:58 AM   #12
fuzzyroes
Banned

Sweet man!