Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-21-2018, 03:05 PM   #181
Isohedron
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by williampcorgan
The most dangerous things in the world are a free mind, a free heart, and free will. Society, or culture (which aren't always the same, mind you) defines itself through a collective consensus. But far too often throughout history the psychopathic leanings of the mob have been dead wrong. So it isn't surprising that the mob uses itself to justify an ill-logic, turning inward to ask, 'aren't we right in our feeling/belief/suspicion?' (cue loud, guttural cheer). And by extension that same mob hates, and I do mean hate, that which it cannot control. For the existence of any contrarian symbol, be it man, woman, bird, or falling duck is that which the mob identifies as threat to its so-called hegemony. So they endeavor to stamp that virus out, only to target the next most dangerous elemental force, and the next, and the next. Continuing on forever until like a snake eating it's own tale, there are simply no more witches to burn.
And so over a lifetime of wonderings and wanderings I have deduced a pattern that says if I'd only gone along to get along (to abuse the old aphorism) my life might have gone different, or better, or more brightly. I must admit that I even fall into the trap occasionally of this same query. But thankfully I have seen the light on this new moon, falling as it did on my birthday, that the gift that has saved and resurrected me again and again is the treasure of discernment. And for years I did struggle with the question of how one can both oppose that which attempts to destroy you all while participating in it's mad game. (Which stands as a larger parable for Life). So note that which opposes your dream and like myself you will detect the stench of the crowd, furious that anything so weak as a lone individual should refuse their math: 2 + 2 equals 5.
No, 2 + 2 equals 4. And my name is William, not Winston.
Last point: if your bias filter is with the mob you will read such thinking as I have laid out here as complaint.
It is not. My heart is free. I am smiling. And I love God.
The ramblings of a madman being not far from the laughter of a child. So God bless you in finding your own rainbows.
This reads like something from /r/iamverysmart.

Old 03-21-2018, 03:18 PM   #182
SPLATTER
Demi-God

people who have smart things to say say them clearly

people who are full of shit obfuscate what they say in ramblings

between the lines he's saying the pro-democracy, equality for all masses are a mob of group-thinkers who are just mad they can't control Trump's hatred and dictator-style, and that protesting racist speech is equal to being anti-free speech. what an idiot.

Old 03-21-2018, 03:26 PM   #183
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

free speech = i can say whatever i want and no one can get upset.

Old 03-21-2018, 03:31 PM   #184
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post

The most dangerous things in the world are a free mind, a free heart, and free will. Society, or culture (which aren't always the same, mind you) defines itself through a collective consensus. But far too often throughout history the psychopathic leanings of the mob have been dead wrong. So it isn't surprising that the mob uses itself to justify an ill-logic, turning inward to ask, 'aren't we right in our feeling/belief/suspicion?' (cue loud, guttural cheer). And by extension that same mob hates, and I do mean hate, that which it cannot control. For the existence of any contrarian symbol, be it man, woman, bird, or falling duck is that which the mob identifies as threat to its so-called hegemony. So they endeavor to stamp that virus out, only to target the next most dangerous elemental force, and the next, and the next. Continuing on forever until like a snake eating it's own tale, there are simply no more witches to burn. And so over a lifetime of wonderings and wanderings I have deduced a pattern that says if I'd only gone along to get along (to abuse the old aphorism) my life might have gone different, or better, or more brightly. I must admit that I even fall into the trap occasionally of this same query. But thankfully I have seen the light on this new moon, falling as it did on my birthday, that the gift that has saved and resurrected me again and again is the treasure of discernment. And for years I did struggle with the question of how one can both oppose that which attempts to destroy you all while participating in it's mad game. (Which stands as a larger parable for Life). So note that which opposes your dream and like myself you will detect the stench of the crowd, furious that anything so weak as a lone individual should refuse their math: 2 + 2 equals 5. No, 2 + 2 equals 4. And my name is William, not Winston. Last point: if your bias filter is with the mob you will read such thinking as I have laid out here as complaint. It is not. My heart is free. I am smiling. And I love God. The ramblings of a madman being not far from the laughter of a child. So God bless you in finding your own rainbows.

Ein Beitrag geteilt von WilliamPatrickCorgan (@williampcorgan) am

https://media.giphy.com/media/l3q2K5...hoCLS/200w.gif

Old 03-21-2018, 05:09 PM   #185
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

That's not his wrist, right?

Old 03-21-2018, 05:15 PM   #186
PuzzledMuzzle
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
That's not his wrist, right?
Now I really want it to be his. So self-obsessed that he'd mark himself with his own 23-year old symbol that nobody really gives a shit about anymore.

Old 03-21-2018, 05:16 PM   #187
PuzzledMuzzle
Ownz

He doesn't have any tattoos, but if he did - that would probably be one of them.

Old 03-21-2018, 11:15 PM   #188
Butt Pope
Apocalyptic Poster

Hot damn Jimmy was right when he said mellon collie would never be recorded today because smart phones and all that shit because it would distract people. Billy must be on Instagram all day.

Old 03-23-2018, 01:09 PM   #189
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Another tattooed philosophy lesson:

williampcorgan
Those that want to stay in the dream, dystopic and frightening, and trusting others to translate it's harm and godlessness, simply will. No matter how many bells are rung. For their comfort is in their slumber, and they do not wish to be woken.
And I confess, there was a time where I thought I had the responsibility to ring those same alarms. But this, too, was a misunderstanding I'd held; of Love, of responsibility, and of a deeper affection for *all* humankind. For how can you believe you are a child of God, and do nothing?
So to trust in Spirit requires an incredible leap of faith, and since I have taken that step a few years back I live in a different dream, one where I am awake but still dreaming, knowing that I am both in the illusion as well as gentle observer of it.
Generally, I assume that those who can hear such a tune are awake, too, and navigating their own maze. But this does not mean I am unconscious of how such gnosis, or mysticism plays to a crowd that just can't hear; and that of a truth I don't claim possession, or even authorship of. For how could a true-true message, as true as truth can be, come from someone so flawed as I?

Old 03-23-2018, 01:52 PM   #190
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
williampcorgan
Those that want to stay in the dream, dystopic and frightening, and trusting others to translate it's harm and godlessness, simply will. No matter how many bells are rung. For their comfort is in their slumber, and they do not wish to be woken.
And I confess, there was a time where I thought I had the responsibility to ring those same alarms. But this, too, was a misunderstanding I'd held; of Love, of responsibility, and of a deeper affection for *all* humankind. For how can you believe you are a child of God, and do nothing?
So to trust in Spirit requires an incredible leap of faith, and since I have taken that step a few years back I live in a different dream, one where I am awake but still dreaming, knowing that I am both in the illusion as well as gentle observer of it.
Generally, I assume that those who can hear such a tune are awake, too, and navigating their own maze. But this does not mean I am unconscious of how such gnosis, or mysticism plays to a crowd that just can't hear; and that of a truth I don't claim possession, or even authorship of. For how could a true-true message, as true as truth can be, come from someone so flawed as I?
translation:
i'm better than most people because now i'm woke and believe in god. the truth i wish to convey is lost on people who don't believe in god. only god can speak the truth.

Old 03-23-2018, 02:10 PM   #191
just1dood
Amish Rake Fighter

y'all spend a lot of time and energy on one dude.

Old 03-23-2018, 05:21 PM   #192
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by just1dood View Post
Ok Billy.

Old 03-23-2018, 08:36 PM   #193
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
which says even more about you

Old 03-23-2018, 09:44 PM   #194
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Billy and Jimmy posted the Siva video on Instagram. D'arcy obviously is prominent in it. It made me disappointed all over again that she's not involved in the reunion. It kind of seems like a bad idea to post old videos, because it reminds fans all over again that D'arcy isn't involved.

Old 03-23-2018, 09:45 PM   #195
pinetree
Ownz

Quote:
I'm not here that much but I can defend those who are. ..it's just a mindless hobby. ..no less useful than watching 99% of TV programs and video games. ..entertainment is entertainiment

Old 03-23-2018, 09:46 PM   #196
pinetree
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
Billy and Jimmy posted the Siva video on Instagram. D'arcy obviously is prominent in it. It made me disappointed all over again that she's not involved in the reunion. It kind of seems like a bad idea to post old videos, because it reminds fans all over again that D'arcy isn't involved.
maybe they can get a D'Arcy hologram...for the kids

Old 03-23-2018, 09:52 PM   #197
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
maybe they can get a D'Arcy hologram...for the kids
D'arcy's hologram deserves to be on a t-shirt.

Old 03-23-2018, 10:35 PM   #198
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Are you suggesting gang bang?

Old 03-24-2018, 07:11 AM   #199
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

What kind of drugs does he take to write shit like that? Truly a mentally unstable individual.

Old 03-24-2018, 10:30 AM   #200
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
Another tattooed philosophy lesson:
williampcorgan
So... bullshit mysticism and spirituality designed to appeal to a certain audience too stupid to understand how empty his words are. Uses the same psychological rhetoric as Jones on Infowars actually, flattering those who subscribe to his bullshit as somehow being awake, understanding truth, above the slumbering crowd.

C. U. N. T.

Old 03-24-2018, 11:48 AM   #201
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
williampcorgan Listening to the Blues Magoos album 'Electric Comic Book', AJC is playing, happily, in next room over. Life is good! If you want a recommendation check out a song called 'Baby, I Want You'. Also, I got the keys to my Spotify Channel so I have a 1st playlist ready to go. Just been lazy. Tra La

Old 03-24-2018, 11:59 AM   #202
Gooch
Apocalyptic Poster

Life really IS just a cher o'bowlies, dude....

Old 03-24-2018, 12:54 PM   #203
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Tra la

Old 03-24-2018, 03:15 PM   #204
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
williampcorgan Excited to announce I will debut my exclusive Spotify playlist Monday, which will feature songs I love by artists I'd admire. Exciting! #wpc

Old 03-24-2018, 03:23 PM   #205
Shallowed
Braindead

These Instagram posts are so incomprehensible that they might as well be in another language.

Old 03-24-2018, 03:28 PM   #206
Shallowed
Braindead

Billy: I don't know if that makes any sense
Everyone else: No....

Old 03-24-2018, 03:33 PM   #207
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

https://i.imgur.com/yo9QRwQ.gif

Old 03-24-2018, 03:37 PM   #208
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

My favorite moment from that interview >>>

https://youtu.be/_kZ8dqJufLA?t=6m50s

Old 03-24-2018, 10:54 PM   #209
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Why does Augustus call his grandfather "Papa"? Does he only look younger than Billy Corgan?
What does he call his dad then, does he have to call him "William"? Or also "douchebag"?

williampcorgan
With the genius (and 'Papa' to Augustus), @gillesmendel at the Driehaus Museum, as Gilles brother Marc Breitman and his Nada are being honored. A fantastic evening!

Old 03-24-2018, 11:01 PM   #210
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Angry

Why do people like to send Corgan their Smashing Pumpkins tattooed body parts?

Disgusting...