Banned

reprise you're a saint

Old 08-06-2017, 11:48 PM   #10832
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
As they say, gamblings only a problem if you lose

I was watching a clip from Artie Lange awhile back and he was talking about how gambling is one of the only fun activities were you can do it without spending anything . He talked about how a hobby like skiing costs tons of money whereas gambling you can actually get money coming in

hahaha
Skiing can actually get you money coming in if you suddenly become an Olympic skier.

It's not likely, but it's a bit more likely than getting anything out of gambling in the long run.

Old 08-07-2017, 05:08 PM   #10833
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

that's not true, you can get lots of things from gambling. Why, I know a guy who got two -- count 'em TWO! -- busted kneecaps from excessive gambling!

Old 08-07-2017, 05:11 PM   #10834
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

One of my pet peeves is when others forget to put the caps back on the knees

Old 08-07-2017, 06:33 PM   #10835
Alice
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread Regal View Post
i found a roach. pretty big one. maybe half a gram.

can't smoke it though.
Why not?

Old 08-07-2017, 06:44 PM   #10836
Bread Regal
Banned

i was abstaining for a urine test

Old 08-07-2017, 06:45 PM   #10837
Bread Regal
Banned

but the place i'm going to be working at does random testing so i guess i'm not gonna smoke for a while.

pretty annoying situation living where recreational is legal.

might be for the best though. i can't do weed halfway. it's either wake and bake or nothing at all.

Old 08-07-2017, 08:46 PM   #10838
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
it sounds like you think anything you don't understand (schizophrenia, bipolar) and don't have personal experience with is a-ok to be medicated but good ole depression, which you at least somewhat understand, isn't

it's ok to admit you're depressed fuzzy. it's ok to not want to take medication for it because of your own principles. but when you put down others for it, which you do constantly, that's really not okay. most people don't just decide to take meds because they feel a little down once in a while. something terrible has happened to them, or a series of unfortunate things on top of one another, or they are so depressed it is affecting their functioning and they start scaring themselves.
I've never put anyone down for it. I was simply offering B0lly my opinion. . It's none of my business what kind of medicating someone partakes in. But I do feel it's an encouraged part of our culture to medicate for every sort of inconvenience. That's not a judgment on anyone who actually needs the drugs.

Old 08-07-2017, 08:49 PM   #10839
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Skiing can actually get you money coming in if you suddenly become an Olympic skier.

It's not likely, but it's a bit more likely than getting anything out of gambling in the long run.
Not true man. There's a lot of people who are profitable in poker and even make a living from it. Sports handicapping falls into a similar skill-set.

The term "gambler" is simply a blanket term that a lot of us in the culture don't appreciate. There's no "gamble" involved when you're consistently making a profit each month. In my case, sometimes the profit isn't much, and I'm not at the point where I can live off of it, but if you're not losing money, it's not much of a gamble.

Old 08-07-2017, 10:02 PM   #10840
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
I've never put anyone down for it. I was simply offering B0lly my opinion. . It's none of my business what kind of medicating someone partakes in. But I do feel it's an encouraged part of our culture to medicate for every sort of inconvenience. That's not a judgment on anyone who actually needs the drugs.
I'm glad you feel that way but just for your own sake, please take what everyone is saying and try to let it marinate a bit. So many people on this board believe the same that I do, that you do put down people who are taking psych meds in these threads. You may not mean to, but that's how it comes across.

Old 08-07-2017, 10:04 PM   #10841
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

There's a way to say "hey I think drugs of all kinds are over-prescribed, and pharm companies give doctors incentives to prescribe, and maybe as a society we need to get rid of drug lobbying and pharmacy reps" without saying "doctors give scripts to anyone who cries once in a while and most people who are depressed just use meds as a crutch instead of fixing their problems"

the first one is a defensible position, the second one is not

Old 08-07-2017, 10:11 PM   #10842
fuzzyroes
Banned

Yeah no doubt. I hear ya.

I do think there is a certain direct "weakening" of the culture that's going on that is a part of a bigger conspiracy. If people are strong and resilient it doesn't help the cause for the people pulling the puppet strings. Breitbart actually had an interesting story awhile back about the meds pandemic but I can't find it now.

I don't wanna go off on a tangent, but there's definitely something spiritual to be said about living natural in your own mindset.

Old 08-07-2017, 10:12 PM   #10843
fuzzyroes
Banned

Who am I to talk to though, it's not an easy thing to do. But there's definitely a spiritually uplifting energy that I feel whenever I'm totally straight-edge.

Old 08-07-2017, 10:19 PM   #10844
fuzzyroes
Banned

But fuck, I've been through some bad shit that I'm not even comfortable sharing here, and maybe I'm just super resilient that I've just managed to never get so depressed that I couldn't function. It helps that the bad shit I've been through happened when I was already an adult though, and I realize that.

Bottom line, I don't mean to belittle anyone. We all have our own gauges of what we can deal with and how much pain we can take. I've been recommended meds on a handful of occasions and I've always restrained. Maybe it was a dumb idea, I don't know. But I'm 31 and I'm still trucking along. There's something to be said for that.

Old 08-07-2017, 11:42 PM   #10845
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

I mean, you self medicate heavily with alcohol. How exactly is that any better

Old 08-08-2017, 01:19 AM   #10846
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Alcohol has been making my life worse lately

Old 08-08-2017, 08:46 AM   #10847
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I've been alcohol free and my life has never been worse. fun times.

Old 08-08-2017, 09:48 AM   #10848
Elphenor
Braindead

I had expensive sushi for the first time ever over my stay in Austin

It was fine, but then i had Octopus Tacos at a later time and those were like life altering

I paid for the hotel so my gf had to spend the equivalent on feeding us according to her, I don't even want to know much we spent altogether

Downtown Austin is SICK but we were really out of place and everything was so crowded we wandered around like dorks and didn't see much

Old 08-08-2017, 01:39 PM   #10849
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I've made alcohol's life a living hell. Alcohol fears me.

Old 08-08-2017, 01:47 PM   #10850
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

https://i.imgur.com/zokaaG2.jpg

Old 08-08-2017, 02:00 PM   #10851
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

HIJS!

Old 08-08-2017, 02:02 PM   #10852
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

How can you be sure? He's behind a paywall. PayPal me $5 to see full pic.

Old 08-08-2017, 02:05 PM   #10853
Cool As Ice Cream

i was talking about alcohol.

Old 08-08-2017, 06:54 PM   #10854
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
I had expensive sushi for the first time ever over my stay in Austin

It was fine, but then i had Octopus Tacos at a later time and those were like life altering

I paid for the hotel so my gf had to spend the equivalent on feeding us according to her, I don't even want to know much we spent altogether

Downtown Austin is SICK but we were really out of place and everything was so crowded we wandered around like dorks and didn't see much
That's rad man. I heard there's all kinds of awesome music venues out there. Did you check any out?

Old 08-09-2017, 04:36 AM   #10855
Cool As Ice Cream

no. they wandered around like dorks.

Old 08-09-2017, 05:13 PM   #10856
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
But fuck, I've been through some bad shit that I'm not even comfortable sharing here, and maybe I'm just super resilient that I've just managed to never get so depressed that I couldn't function. It helps that the bad shit I've been through happened when I was already an adult though, and I realize that.

Bottom line, I don't mean to belittle anyone. We all have our own gauges of what we can deal with and how much pain we can take. I've been recommended meds on a handful of occasions and I've always restrained. Maybe it was a dumb idea, I don't know. But I'm 31 and I'm still trucking along. There's something to be said for that.
Jeez fuzzy. Maybe recognize that just because *you* can push through tough times with a prescription doesn't mean that everyone else can. Be grateful for your "resilience" and show a little compassion/restraint when it comes to interacting with other folks who require medication just to get by.

This is just basic empathy 101, friend.

Old 08-09-2017, 05:14 PM   #10857
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Is Octopus Taco a euphemism for something I'm not aware of?

Old 08-09-2017, 05:16 PM   #10858
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
I've been alcohol free and my life has never been worse. fun times.
I've found that the quality of my life hasn't been affected by how much or how little I drink. I go through long dry spells where I drink very little to nothing at all and then brief periods where I drink more than I probably.

I'm one of the lucky ones, I think.

Old 08-09-2017, 05:17 PM   #10859
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
i was talking about alcohol.

Old 08-09-2017, 05:18 PM   #10860
yo soy el mejor

of course a hipster dude like elph would like austin now. austin sucks now because of hipsters. more segregated than ever, too.