Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2018, 07:14 PM   #61
mxzombie
Braindead

Location: i like traffic lights, but only when they're green.

apartment hunting sucks almost as much as all the shit you have to do after you find one. we moved ourselves from a third floor walk-up to the first floor at our new place. it took all day and i was very sore the following day.

Old 05-14-2018, 07:27 PM   #62
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

so this is pretty much a done deal. they didn't ask for a deposit to keep the place for me which i find a bit weird, but they sent me a copy of the lease and i will be signing it on the 29th. they are giving me a couple free days at the end of this month and i'm also going to pay for a week at my current apartment so i have time to move and clean and not feel too pressured.

i have very little furniture and almost all of it is shitty. my mom offered to buy me furniture and i think i'm going to take her up on it. just get rid of everything except this one table i have. we are going to go to faith farms which is higher-end (not "high" but not shit) thrift store with a ton of new and used furniture. and the backup would be rooms to go or some place like that. going to get a bedroom set, couch, and kitchen table basically. once i move in i'll be on the lookout on a really good deal on one of those large, intricate cat trees

i've never really been able to style my own place before so i'm pretty excited. although i like plain shit so it'll prob end up being all black/white modern looking but whatever. and then i gotta remember i need stuff like trash cans and basic kitchen things. towels. etc.

and then i need to order internet service, i was about to do so tonight but it won't accept my address and i don't feel like calling them. and then there is electricity. and forwarding/changing mailing address. and changing my address on all of my banking products etc.

what else do i need to do dudes?

Old 05-14-2018, 07:35 PM   #63
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

don't know if that is a thing in Florida, I forgot to change my address with my car insurance, and that was a major shitfest later on.

Old 05-14-2018, 07:44 PM   #64
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

good call. and i need to get a new ID with it, too. i guess i need to make a list eh

Old 05-14-2018, 08:48 PM   #65
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

oh yea,

I looked on these 2 to start our do-not-forget-this-THIS-time list

https://www.zillow.com/blog/who-to-n...oving-187286//
https://www.usa.gov/moving

thankfully forgetting voter registration doesn't matter as non-voter, but oh boy, I also forgot to change my address with my docs last time around.

Old 05-14-2018, 11:39 PM   #66
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
so this is pretty much a done deal. they didn't ask for a deposit to keep the place for me which i find a bit weird, but they sent me a copy of the lease and i will be signing it on the 29th. they are giving me a couple free days at the end of this month and i'm also going to pay for a week at my current apartment so i have time to move and clean and not feel too pressured.

i have very little furniture and almost all of it is shitty. my mom offered to buy me furniture and i think i'm going to take her up on it. just get rid of everything except this one table i have. we are going to go to faith farms which is higher-end (not "high" but not shit) thrift store with a ton of new and used furniture. and the backup would be rooms to go or some place like that. going to get a bedroom set, couch, and kitchen table basically. once i move in i'll be on the lookout on a really good deal on one of those large, intricate cat trees

i've never really been able to style my own place before so i'm pretty excited. although i like plain shit so it'll prob end up being all black/white modern looking but whatever. and then i gotta remember i need stuff like trash cans and basic kitchen things. towels. etc.

and then i need to order internet service, i was about to do so tonight but it won't accept my address and i don't feel like calling them. and then there is electricity. and forwarding/changing mailing address. and changing my address on all of my banking products etc.

what else do i need to do dudes?
Renter's insurance?

Old 05-14-2018, 11:55 PM   #67
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

good call. yes i will definitely do that