Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-18-2009, 05:20 PM   #181
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by selection7 View Post
without seeming whiny
Maybe it seemed that way to you, but we hear so much of it that you're probably desensitized of it now.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:32 AM   #182
wpc33
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: Cheating on my wife with Kurt Cobain's wife. He'll live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myosis View Post
You will never change them. Stop caring about how they annoy you. You just want to control them to an ideal you feel is right. Wether [sic] your ideal is correct, or not, is irrelevant to reality.
You are not their parent, and you are not their friend. If you dislike the "casual fans", be a grown-up with a sane mind, and move on.
The phrase, get a life, is such a cliche, it falls on deaf ears... pity.
You will never change them, or influence their behavior.
You will never change me. Stop caring about how I annoy you. You just want to control me to an ideal you feel is right. Whether your ideal is correct, or not, is irrelevant to reality.
You are not my parent, and you are not my friend. You are a hypocritical dumdumpoopoohead. If you dislike the "casual fans", be a grown-up with a sane mind, and move on.
The phrase, get a life, is such a cliche, it falls on deaf ears... pity.
You will never change me, or influence my behavior.

Old 01-19-2009, 12:42 AM   #183
Sarcastic Smile
Amish Rake Fighter

Location: I fuck in my spare time, this is what I do at work you dumb bitch.-esty

billy corgan is dead to me

Old 01-19-2009, 01:38 AM   #184
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathoms (unadored) View Post
I can see it now... The "Find the Next Doors Singer, on FOX!" reality show where they can painstakingly comb through dozens of bland, untalented, genuinely nice people to rightfully give the Doors the frontman they've always needed to take them to the next level.
Yeah Jim Morrison is the only talented guy in the Doors.

You're so right. Has nothing to do with the fact that they used an organ instead of a bass player.

100% Jim. Even though he was a drunk pain in the ass the whole time. All Jim. They should have called it Jim Morrison and the Other Guys.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:40 AM   #185
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by *TL* View Post
strangle you ???

No no, punch you in your fucking face he said....
Well physically assault me in some way to make up for the fact that I think he needs to shut up and make music.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:05 AM   #186
slunken
Virgo

Old 01-19-2009, 07:37 AM   #187
Fathoms (unadored)
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
Yeah Jim Morrison is the only talented guy in the Doors.

You're so right. Has nothing to do with the fact that they used an organ instead of a bass player.

100% Jim. Even though he was a drunk pain in the ass the whole time. All Jim. They should have called it Jim Morrison and the Other Guys.
Are you even aware of what this argument is about? It has to do with the simple fact that this jeudeo-christian inclination to parse reality in moralistic terms is tabloidal and jouvenille. That you would expend so much indignant energy whining about a marginal celebity of whom is obviously still, for seemingly no reason at all, extremely relevent in your life is pathalogical. It's the high school mentality of, "Like oh my God, I can't believe Corgan said THAT!", which has nothing to do with anything. Corgan isn't a philanthropist, he's a musician, and is under no obligation to be your best freind.

Right now you are the Nancy Grace of Netphoria.

The Doors -
Break on Through
The End
Moonlight Drive
When the Music's Over
The Unkown Soldier
L.A Woman
Rider's on the Storm
etc...
= an average band

Old 01-19-2009, 08:05 AM   #188
Luke de Spa
someone more...punk rock?

Location: Ice cream pig out in M1-aud is why i don't play plug in baby the wrong way, like you

Quote:
lol

Old 01-19-2009, 09:43 AM   #189
ravenguy2000
NO FATS

i read this thread backwards

so i thought bills had called out trots specifically in the interview tina fey style there for a while

Old 01-19-2009, 10:12 AM   #190
My Blue Heaven
Ownz

Quote:
Are you even aware of what this argument is about? It has to do with the simple fact that this jeudeo-christian inclination to parse reality in moralistic terms is tabloidal and jouvenille. That you would expend so much indignant energy whining about a marginal celebity of whom is obviously still, for seemingly no reason at all, extremely relevent in your life is pathalogical. It's the high school mentality of, "Like oh my God, I can't believe Corgan said THAT!", which has nothing to do with anything. Corgan isn't a philanthropist, he's a musician, and is under no obligation to be your best freind.

Right now you are the Nancy Grace of Netphoria.

i am filled with an urge to rip out my insides reading this

Old 01-19-2009, 01:38 PM   #191
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
The Doors -
Break on Through
The End
Moonlight Drive
When the Music's Over
The Unkown Soldier
L.A Woman
Rider's on the Storm
etc...
= an average band
I have no idea what your point was about the Doors, if you ever had one. I was merely pointing out that Morrison was one of a collective, not the sole driving force of the band. So whatever you say.

Yeah I guess Corgan has every right to say what he does. So how come that doesn't give me the right to say he's a Gargantuan Megadouche on this board? You fucks make NO sense. And by the way I dunno why people keep thinking I'm really upset about this and Billy Corgan means a lot to me. I haven't bought anything he's done since Machina which I hated. Sos, I dunno. You guys are the ones that actually watch these interviews and buy these albums and apoligize for his idiocy. You're the ones that aren't embarrassed to have ever been an SP fan. He's the guy that keeps telling fans "fuck you" and "fuck off". I'm mearly explaining why he's such a goddamn joke to everyone except for the cavedwellers in this thread that don't like me. I mean lead singers are arrogant assfaces to begin with but they usually don't take their fucked up assbrained shitmongering self infatuation to this level. You guys keep defending the indefensible and I'll laugh about it with everyone else. I don't care.

Also he should punch me/choke me whatever he wants to do to negative fans. I'm still waiting.

Last edited by Trotskilicious : 01-19-2009 at 01:46 PM.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:21 PM   #192
slunken
Virgo

Old 01-20-2009, 10:06 PM   #193
Fathoms (unadored)
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I have no idea what your point was about the Doors, if you ever had one. I was merely pointing out that Morrison was one of a collective, not the sole driving force of the band. So whatever you say.
My point was that the fact that you don't like Billy Corgan as a person is not worth throwing tantrums over. Like Jim Morrison, he's the singer/songwriter/visionary leader of his band, the indignation and disgust you may have over their characters is so far beyond the point it strains the imagination as to wonder why it needs to be magnified ad naseum as though it means anything. I'll never understand what motivates people to take the actions and words of celebrities so seriously, or personally. The "Billy Corgan is an asshole" meme has been in circulation since the early 90's, and his current pattenrn of self-contraditction/uneasy relationship with the fan base has been in place at least since 98. It's no more relevant now pertaining to the quality of his music as it was then. If anything he's mellowed considerably and maybe that explains the decline. Probably makes for a much more engrossing bio as well.

Quote:
Yeah I guess Corgan has every right to say what he does. So how come that doesn't give me the right to say he's a Gargantuan Megadouche on this board?
You have every right to make your point. Again... and again... and again. I just don't see why this is so important. I've never had a conversation with Billy Corgan, but I really don't care he's mother Theresa or Charles Manson, I care whether or not he's going to write another Hummer.

Whether or not everyone agrees with me that musician X is a dick isn't worth attatching extrordinary amount of anxiety too. It's not like I'm about to throw away my Led Zepplin records because they fucked underage girls.

Quote:
You fucks make NO sense. And by the way I dunno why people keep thinking I'm really upset about this and Billy Corgan means a lot to me. I haven't bought anything he's done since Machina which I hated. Sos, I dunno. You guys are the ones that actually watch these interviews and buy these albums and apoligize for his idiocy. You're the ones that aren't embarrassed to have ever been an SP fan. He's the guy that keeps telling fans "fuck you" and "fuck off". I'm mearly explaining why he's such a goddamn joke to everyone except for the cavedwellers in this thread that don't like me. I mean lead singers are arrogant assfaces to begin with but they usually don't take their fucked up assbrained shitmongering self infatuation to this level. You guys keep defending the indefensible and I'll laugh about it with everyone else. I don't care.
Yep, you've made it abundantly clear that you don't give a fuck about Billy Corgan. Now move along to Bush message board griping and moaning about how they actually have fans dumb enough to not spend their boarding time pissing all over Gavin Rosedale.

Quote:
Also he should punch me/choke me whatever he wants to do to negative fans. I'm still waiting.
He wants you to go away. Just close your eyes and imagine how peaceful it would be.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:22 PM   #194
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
So how come that doesn't give me the right to say he's a Gargantuan Megadouche on this board?
You don't need permission.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:44 PM   #195
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
He wants you to go away. Just close your eyes and imagine how peaceful it would be.
Whatever guy.

You're obviously seeing someone that's not there. Mellowed considerably. Right. Ok guy.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:49 PM   #196
Fathoms (unadored)
Apocalyptic Poster

Unhappy

Quote:
Whatever guy.

You're obviously seeing someone that's not there. Mellowed considerably. Right. Ok guy.
He doesn't perform "Fuck You" with the conviction he once had!

Old 01-20-2009, 11:50 PM   #197
Trotskilicious
Banned

No he just says it to fans.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:23 AM   #198
Cheradenine
Pledge

New AFX in March, people.

Old 01-21-2009, 05:14 PM   #199
Fathoms (unadored)
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
No he just says it to fans.
You can't hate Billy Corgan and his music and call yourself a fan. You can't harrass him at shows, acitvely promote negativity on Pumpkin related websites, and sneer at everything he says and does with revulsion and contempt and call yourself a fan. Billy is just making a nice long yellow stream around his band name and the stage and saying "Back off! This is my territory!"

Old 01-21-2009, 05:39 PM   #200
Shallowed
Braindead

What the fuck man. I hate it when people blurt out a big spiel about BC like they think they know exactly what he's up to. All I can say is that he sure isn't normal, and it shows because things like this are said in an effort to explain his abnormality in a single post. Like "Billy is just doing [xyz] and you just don't understand it!". The weird artist is producing weirder defenders.

As for being a fan, I bet if SP put out a brilliant track tomorrow, Trotskilicious would be in love with it. If he wasn't hanging around waiting for an excellent release like the rest of us are, then of course he wouldn't be a fan.

Quote:
You can't... ...acitvely promote negativity on Pumpkin related websites
Board Message

Old 01-21-2009, 06:15 PM   #201
ravenguy2000
NO FATS

Quote:
You can't hate Billy Corgan and his music and call yourself a fan. You can't harrass him at shows, acitvely promote negativity on Pumpkin related websites, and sneer at everything he says and does with revulsion and contempt and call yourself a fan. Billy is just making a nice long yellow stream around his band name and the stage and saying "Back off! This is my territory!"

Old 01-21-2009, 06:21 PM   #202
Trotskilicious
Banned

I remember defending the shit out of Tarantula, and I actually still do like that track, because people were shitting all over it as an incitment of an album they haven't heard yet.

So don't give me a bunch of shit about how I'm not a fan and I promote negativity. You know why Billy said fuck you to a fan? Because someone asked him to play a song.

I mean what the fuck?

I don't like Thom Yorke that much either but I still like Radiohead. Maybe because I haven't heard anything about Thom Yorke going apeshit on a fan because they wanted him to play High & Dry. Also if Radiohead broke up I doubt I'd read about Thom blaming Johnny Greenwood for the band breaking up. You know? Seriously what fantasy land do you live in where Billy is a cool guy? Holy shit.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:45 PM   #203
Jesus Cambodia
Demi-God

This is netphoria bitch.
Billy is cool.
carapatricia is fiiiiiiiiiiiiinnne.
blissedandgone2 is a playa.
that guy with a dog wearing a headset is super cool.
And I'm handsome as fuck.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:15 PM   #204
Trotskilicious
Banned

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Cambodia View Post
This is netphoria bitch.
I am Netphoria.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:56 AM   #205
DiscoJon
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I am Netphoria.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:55 AM   #206
carapatricia
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Cambodia View Post
This is netphoria bitch.
Billy is cool.
carapatricia is fiiiiiiiiiiiiinnne.
blissedandgone2 is a playa.
that guy with a dog wearing a headset is super cool.
And I'm handsome as fuck.
you don't get to use my name.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:02 AM   #207
SpFission
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by carapatricia View Post
you don't get to use my name.
I know, at least say you're a dumb whore or something. pffft.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:24 AM   #208
carapatricia
Apocalyptic Poster

seriously.

Old 09-10-2019, 08:04 PM   #209
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Thread Delivers!

Old 09-10-2019, 08:08 PM   #210
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:

Yeah I guess Corgan has every right to say what he does. So how come that doesn't give me the right to say he's a Gargantuan Megadouche on this board? You fucks make NO sense. And by the way I dunno why people keep thinking I'm really upset about this and Billy Corgan means a lot to me. I haven't bought anything he's done since Machina which I hated. Sos, I dunno. You guys are the ones that actually watch these interviews and buy these albums and apoligize for his idiocy. You're the ones that aren't embarrassed to have ever been an SP fan. He's the guy that keeps telling fans "fuck you" and "fuck off". I'm mearly explaining why he's such a goddamn joke to everyone except for the cavedwellers in this thread that don't like me. I mean lead singers are arrogant assfaces to begin with but they usually don't take their fucked up assbrained shitmongering self infatuation to this level. You guys keep defending the indefensible and I'll laugh about it with everyone else. I don't care.

Classic Trots!