Banned

teenage girl embracing her "natural beauty"

http://img01.ibnlive.in/ibnlive/uplo...ksikh_girl.jpg

Old 01-26-2017, 01:03 AM   #212
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
It's not racist to just speak proven facts people.

Good grief.
That's the thing. You're yet to produce a single shred of evidence that this is true beyond anecdotal reports. It's far from a "proven fact."

Are some genes and phenotypes more common in people from certain regions of the world than they are in others? Sure. I'm sure there are traits that are more heavily concentrated amongst those of European descent, or those of African descent. Since most people mate with those who live in the same jurisdiction as them, there are probably traits more heavily concentrated in Wyoming than they are in Utah (this may not be a fair comparison; Utahns are probably now genetically identical due to generations of polygamist inbreeding). Genetic variation will cause clusters here and there, but none of these clusters are significant enough to be able to split humanity into meaningful subgroups. What are called "races" are not mutually-exclusive, non-overlapping groups, and the social construct of "race" doesn't really map on well enough to genetic distinctions to be biologically meaningful.

Is hirsutism, however, one such trait that is more prevalent in the Indian population than in other populations? The burden of evidence lies on whomever is making this claim, and so far, that burden has not been met. All we have are Fuzzy's assertions based on unfounded racialized stereotypes that seem to target both south Asians and women whose natural bodies fall outside the feminine norm.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:05 AM   #213
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
teenage girl embracing her "natural beauty"
Are you outraged that liberals aren't doing more to liberate desert-dwelling women from being forced to hide their faces behind their facial hair?

Old 01-26-2017, 01:12 AM   #214
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
It's not racist to just speak proven facts people.

Good grief.
it's not a proven fact because you have yet to prove it with data

if i never got rid of growing hair on my face my entire life i would have a beard too. some people in that culture do not get rid of these hairs. that is all there is to it.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:14 AM   #215
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
That's the thing. You're yet to produce a single shred of evidence that this is true beyond anecdotal reports. It's far from a "proven fact."

Are some genes and phenotypes more common in people from certain regions of the world than they are in others? Sure. I'm sure there are traits that are more heavily concentrated amongst those of European descent, or those of African descent. Since most people mate with those who live in the same jurisdiction as them, there are probably traits more heavily concentrated in Wyoming than they are in Utah (this may not be a fair comparison; Utahns are probably now genetically identical due to generations of polygamist inbreeding). Genetic variation will cause clusters here and there, but none of these clusters are significant enough to be able to split humanity into meaningful subgroups. What are called "races" are not mutually-exclusive, non-overlapping groups, and the social construct of "race" doesn't really map on well enough to genetic distinctions to be biologically meaningful.

Is hirsutism, however, one such trait that is more prevalent in the Indian population than in other populations? The burden of evidence lies on whomever is making this claim, and so far, that burden has not been met. All we have are Fuzzy's assertions based on unfounded racialized stereotypes that seem to target both south Asians and women whose natural bodies fall outside the feminine norm.
You really have to be a lawyer man. I mean honestly, it's like your natural calling. You should honestly look into it if you haven't yet. You've already got it down pat.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:16 AM   #216
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
it's not a proven fact because you have yet to prove it with data

if i never got rid of growing hair on my face my entire life i would have a beard too. some people in that culture do not get rid of these hairs. that is all there is to it.
Well if it's not a proven fact you should be easily able to refute it.

I mean it's a proven fact that people of African descent have the curliest hair out of any other race from a majority standpoint. Is that not a fact because there's no data that I can provide?

Old 01-26-2017, 01:25 AM   #217
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Well if it's not a proven fact you should be easily able to refute it.

I mean it's a proven fact that people of African descent have the curliest hair out of any other race from a majority standpoint. Is that not a fact because there's no data that I can provide?
it is not a proven fact unless it has been proven, no. it does seem like they have kinky hair more than others, however we are all technically of african descent, and other cultures such as jews also tend to have quite kinky hair. there is also no societal taboo in the usa against kinky hair, like there is facial hair on women. if it was i'd have an issue with you stating what you just did without any proof as well.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:25 AM   #218
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

science, it's a thing

Old 01-26-2017, 01:41 AM   #219
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
You really have to be a lawyer man. I mean honestly, it's like your natural calling. You should honestly look into it if you haven't yet. You've already got it down pat.
Are you a resident of Canada only because your parents tried to escape the Utahn gene pool? If so, I think that they were too late, because no towel could dry off generations of mistakes already made.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:53 AM   #220
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
there is also no societal taboo in the usa against kinky hair, like there is facial hair on women.
Well, there isn't much of a societal stigma against men having kinky hair, but there is a bit against women of African descent in the Western world, where European beauty standards are the norm.

Many black women feel pressure to straighten their hair or get weaves because straight hair is what's "normal," and natural afro-texture hair is seen as less feminine. Though discrimination laws no longer allow this, there have been instances were afro-texture hair was in contravention of professional dress codes. It's harder to find products for this sort of hair, and black people often have to go to specialty stores, whereas those with straighter hair can walk into any department store and find the shelves lined with products aimed at them.

Then there is a bit of a pressure in the other direction, where black women who choose to get weaves or straighten their hair are criticized for "not being natural," even if they did it just because they like it.

Seems like it used to be a bigger problem for men, as well. I mean, look at any African-American entertainer from decades past, and most of them have relaxed hair. Kinda interesting how men don't seem to feel much pressure to conform to this anymore, but it's a different story for women. I remember reading an account by Malcom X about the pain he went through chemically relaxing his hair, and how it made him reflect on why he would cause himself physical pain just to try to fit into an ideal set by the dominant culture to favour themselves.

Old 01-26-2017, 01:54 AM   #221
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

hmm til

Old 01-26-2017, 02:07 AM   #222
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I do remember reading something about a court case between a black employee and a pizza chain or something. The business required that men shave, but the employee argued that, as people with afro-texture hair tend to be more prone to ingrown hairs and razor burn when they shave, the policy had a disparate impact on them. I think he won the case.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:50 PM   #223
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

i used to pluck my pubic hairs and those ingrowns were no fucking joke.

Old 01-26-2017, 07:54 PM   #224
cork_soaker
full of longing

hmm til

Old 01-26-2017, 08:06 PM   #225
crabshack
Apocalyptic Poster

hmmmm indeed

Old 01-26-2017, 08:27 PM   #226
Disco King
Minion of Satan

It's cool learning about challenges people of different groups face because of how society is set up, and how people outside those groups may take things for granted.

Listening to the lived experiences of Caucasians, I've learnt that most food offered at places other than Subway or Swiss Chalet is too spicy for their palettes, severely limiting their delivery options on those August Friday nights where you don't feel like cooking anything and it's too hot to turn on the stove to boil your chicken anyway.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:29 PM   #227
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I spilled my cheeseburger

Old 01-26-2017, 08:30 PM   #228
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Ugh, my soylent meal replacement drink has given me awful gas