Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 01-17-2015, 06:34 AM   #91
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
it's okay man, it fucking sucks that he got away with it and it is horrible. the worst thing i think about people like this is that they seem so fucking normal, like normal people and then you open their lives up and they've tortured 100 people and you just want them to stick out like sore thumbs but they just don't...

i think i have the most problems with that. i fear the 'long con' and which essential means i can never trust someone because i'm never sure they aren't waiting for me to let my guard down to con/hurt me. people who are just brutal like this dude, sure they bother me, but he's a maniac who kidnapped strangers. what really haunts me are the people you know who you think you can trust and then they abuse you. or replace people with groups/cults
i kind of disagree, i looked at his picture and it's fucking terrifying.
this is something i do with pretty much every killer\sexual predator i read about, i look up their picture to look them in the eye. they are all absolutely dead in the eyes.

i don't live in the US so honestly i don't know how different this guy is from the other redneck but i hope to think if i saw a guy like that i would sense something's off. of course it's impossible to know a guy has a DYI torture chamber, but at least enough to be creeped out and keep your distance.
i encounter people who have that chilling look in the eye, i think it's just something that you're born with and a "lucky" few just get to really go all the way with it like this guy did.
others just manifest it in much more sociable ways. being violently rude, being exceptionally egotistical and disregarding other people's feelings, etc

Last edited by teh b0lly!!1 : 01-17-2015 at 06:43 AM.

Old 01-17-2015, 06:37 AM   #92
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

i still remember reading about joseph fritzel in the newspapers years ago.
his face just etched itself into my brain. it's absolutely terrifying

http://www.independent.co.uk/migrati...0/fritzl1.jpeg

Old 01-17-2015, 06:37 AM   #93
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

he is also a horrible sexual sadist

Old 01-17-2015, 06:42 AM   #94
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
like it might be sad or sadistic but i read the transcripts and i'm mostly interested in his workflow

also slightly interested in these "homemade torture devices"
this is part of what makes this all the more scary to me, just how smart this guy was.

this was in the 90's, you couldn't wiki anything and be done with it.
this guy had complex medical books that he read thoroughly to know exactly what drugs he needs to weaken a person's psyche and mold it like clay. he manufactured his own electric current generator to torture people with. it's so fucked up.
all that stuff is very cerebral, and just how COLD he was about all this just haunts me.

i've been having a hard time getting this shit out of my head since i read about it yesterday

Old 01-17-2015, 06:45 AM   #95
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I think when you know they are a predator before you see their picture it becomes easier to see the predator/empty look in their eyes. I mean, they did get away with it for many years, yes? People might have though DPR was odd or an alcoholic or a jerk but there are a lot of those kinds of people. Plus, in his case he just kidnapped strangers. How many of them con people they know or get sympathy from their victim (Bundy) or pick them up at bars before killing them (Dahmer)? A lot of them seem very charming at first.

Quote:
others just manifest it in much more sociable ways. being violently rude, being exceptionally egotistical and disregarding other people's feelings, etc
I agree that some of them you can see being like this and know to keep your distance, but the "better" ones blend in just fine or even make really good first impressions.

Last edited by reprise85 : 01-17-2015 at 06:50 AM.

Old 01-17-2015, 06:52 AM   #96
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

yeah it's probably more of a self-assuring thought than reality

i keep thinking of that moment when you find yourself in this guy's chamber and realize you're in a world of shit after you failed to see him for the monster that he is

which in itself is an illusion of control, really, because odds are you don't have much to do to prevent something like this anyways.

Old 01-17-2015, 07:31 AM   #97
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

My experience wasn't exactly the same, didn't get kidnapped as such, however I remember having realization and then putting it aside again and realization again and over and over, every time being thrown into despair. But I blamed myself, and did have some control over the situation (though little).

I can't imagine that moment though, not like that, not being tied up and listening to some guy talk about how he's going to torture you and not even being able to move.

Old 01-17-2015, 07:42 AM   #98
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
god and this fucking guy just got away with it
every bit of it

he died before his trial essentially

i'm having a meltdown
this world is so fucking horrible i just can't take it
eh fuck it

Old 01-17-2015, 07:45 AM   #99
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
There are some psychos on YouTube reading it out loud, more for their own fucked up gratification than educational (for lack of better word) purposes
sounds like gators to me

Old 01-17-2015, 08:13 AM   #100
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

not sure what you mean

Old 01-17-2015, 12:11 PM   #101
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
i know everybody else has chimed in with similar sentiments but i also have been researching this sort of criminal taboo stuff from an early age.
lol

Old 01-17-2015, 01:12 PM   #102
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I think when you know they are a predator before you see their picture it becomes easier to see the predator/empty look in their eyes.
I agree.

Also they always use the scariest possible pics in media. They don't want the criminal to look even remotely sympathetic.

If you take enough pics of anyone, it's easy to find one where they look menacing/angry/scary.

Old 01-17-2015, 01:57 PM   #103
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

why did the hipster burn his tongue?

he drank his tea before it was cool

Old 01-17-2015, 02:14 PM   #104
Eulogy
huh

So I read that tape transcript and while it is obviously horrifying and fucked up I did not have the visceral reaction a lot of you are describing

Does this make me a bad person

Old 01-17-2015, 02:15 PM   #105
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

It was no worse than some of my diary entries, to be honest.

Old 01-17-2015, 02:17 PM   #106
Eulogy
huh

Please tell me you are joking

If you are not you need a lot of help immediately.

Old 01-17-2015, 02:23 PM   #107
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

I was just trying to lighten the mood in a dark thread. I didn't read all of the transcript; I got the gist of it after a paragraph and that was enough.

Old 01-17-2015, 02:26 PM   #108
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

Also, I haven't kept a diary since my teens

Old 01-17-2015, 02:29 PM   #109
Anthony_Kiedis
Pledge

Playing golf.

Old 01-17-2015, 02:34 PM   #110
hnibos
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
So I read that tape transcript and while it is obviously horrifying and fucked up I did not have the visceral reaction a lot of you are describing

I think teh bolly is just an extremely emotional person

Old 01-17-2015, 03:28 PM   #111
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Quote:

No. Same here as i mentioned.

Old 01-17-2015, 03:28 PM   #112
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

actually nm im probsbly a bad person.

Old 01-17-2015, 03:55 PM   #113
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnibos View Post
I think teh bolly is just an extremely emotional person
i can't say this isn't true

this was particularly overwhelming for me though

Old 01-17-2015, 03:59 PM   #114
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

i mean how could you read about the dog thing and not wince in horror
it actually happened

Old 01-17-2015, 05:49 PM   #115
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Well his trancsripts didn't introduce new concepts of horror.

Graphic warning again. I remember this case recently seen on murder channel, guy was a serial rapist/killer. One of his victim, he cut the head of and kept it in freezer to use in the shower for "oral". threw it out after a few days though. his gf was putting makeup on it to make it look less nasty.. Somehow i should remember the name of this guy but it escapes me right now. So yeah the girl is dead, it's just dead meat at this point i guess but...that is still more disturbing than forced bestiality to me for one.

I mean i dont even know. In the end it's all horrible but i don't think there is anything i can hear at this point in my life that is gonna be more sick twisted or crazier than anything i've already heard. It doesn't make it less horrible, but it doesn't get an emotional reaction anymore. That being said, i don't know how medical examiners do it. It's one thing to read or her about it, it's another to see it. Though i suppose like anything, you get used to it.

Old 01-17-2015, 06:16 PM   #116
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post
I agree.

Also they always use the scariest possible pics in media. They don't want the criminal to look even remotely sympathetic.

If you take enough pics of anyone, it's easy to find one where they look menacing/angry/scary.
Pat_riley.jpg

Old 01-17-2015, 06:18 PM   #117
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:

No.

I listen to tales of woe and death and i dont have a reaction and it doesnt bother me all that much (makes me think more abt my family and my own mortality rather than theirs) If i did i wouldnt be able to help them

Clinical detachment is a skill

Old 01-17-2015, 06:22 PM   #118
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
it actually happened
Ppl investigating probably detached themselves, i think ereprise does too

No shame in having such a reaction tho. Youre a kind soul. Im dead inside, i envy you

Old 01-17-2015, 06:43 PM   #119
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
actually nm im probsbly a bad person.
nope

Quote:
it actually happened
it is terrible. if i had never heard of stuff like that it would have been terrible but i unfortunately have already been exposed. i never had sex with a dog thank fucking god, but the guy i was with was big into that shit and was trying to brainwash me into doing it. actually this was one of the things that made me actually have an epiphany and attempt to find a way to get out of the situation.

Quote:
Well his trancsripts didn't introduce new concepts of horror.

Graphic warning again. I remember this case recently seen on murder channel, guy was a serial rapist/killer. One of his victim, he cut the head of and kept it in freezer to use in the shower for "oral". threw it out after a few days though. his gf was putting makeup on it to make it look less nasty.. Somehow i should remember the name of this guy but it escapes me right now. So yeah the girl is dead, it's just dead meat at this point i guess but...that is still more disturbing than forced bestiality to me for one.
No way. Once you are dead it doesn't bother me as much. If "run of the mill torture-rape" is like a 5 on a scale from 1-10, fucking a corpse is like a 3 or 4 and forcing someone to have sex with a dog is probably a good 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
Ppl investigating probably detached themselves, i think ereprise does too

No shame in having such a reaction tho. Youre a kind soul. Im dead inside, i envy you
I do detach myself, it's a problem in a lot of respects for my own therapy. I think it will help me when I deal with victims and/or abusers when I eventually am working in and after grad school.

The only thing that's really bothered me online recently was a recording of the station nightclub fire. a reporter was in the nightclub doing a piece on fire safety in nightclubs (literally) so there is footage of the entire thing. the screams of people being trampled and burning to death still haunt me, i still hear them sometimes.

Old 01-17-2015, 10:39 PM   #120
Shallowed
Braindead

personally for me one of the worst parts was the general feeling of entrapment, like there is absolutely no possible escape from this horrific torture, in particular the chains because you don't even have any freedom of movement.

Also the nipple cutting, anything like that makes me squirm because it's changed your body forever, and you're not going to get your nipple back ever again.