Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2018, 07:49 PM   #91
fluxequalsrad
Apocalyptic Poster

There is no chance in fuck SP fills an arena in 2018 without A) Original Lineup or B) Playing Siamese Dream in full.

Old 02-14-2018, 08:11 PM   #92
andrewface
Apocalyptic Poster

There a link up on live nation for Bridgestone Arena in Nashville July 20 Smashing Pumpkins: Shiny and Oh so Bright Tour

Old 02-14-2018, 08:22 PM   #93
wounded
Apocalyptic Poster

If that’s the name of the tour it’s dead on arrival.

Who the fuck is managing this.

Last edited by wounded : 02-14-2018 at 08:29 PM.

Old 02-14-2018, 08:24 PM   #94
SomaPhreak
Ownz

Post Truck Ad

The truck ad makes me think someone will be driving it to the venues and handing out free tickets.

Old 02-14-2018, 08:27 PM   #95
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Shiny and Oh so Bright Tour
jesus christ

Old 02-14-2018, 08:32 PM   #96
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

bwhahah. I don't know what you guys have. this is the first really funny thing out of spcamp in all of this

https://i.imgur.com/xB5yA8d.png?1

or wait, can it be that Live Nation did this?
I somehow doubt the sp plan was to let listings go online today.https://www.livenation.com/events/74...so-bright-tour

Old 02-14-2018, 08:39 PM   #97
wounded
Apocalyptic Poster

It’s definitely a livenation screw up.

Old 02-14-2018, 08:54 PM   #98
TuralyonW3
Immortal

what a shitty ass tour name, almost as bad as monuments to an elegy

Old 02-14-2018, 08:57 PM   #99
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

that was my question though - with the countdown ticker and all, does live nation already have the official tour name for sure?

or is this a case of a "oopsie, intern pulled a funny" - including the tour name?

(I have trouble believing a live nation backed up tour with this promo can get away with THIS being a real tour name.)

wow. this nashville arena has a 20k capacity. okay Chicago, try to get that to 75% filled. but Nashville? 20k? for this? how would this ever work.
or is this set up to divide it again like wembley, close it down/reduce it to 8k with curtains and walls?

Old 02-14-2018, 09:07 PM   #100
wounded
Apocalyptic Poster

Ah I get your point now. I think that’s the real tour name. That stuff is probabaly already hidden to go live tomorrow. there were a lot of empty seats at the solo tour Nashville stop.

This thing was probably sold as the original four. Now with this bad press I’m sure livenation is thinking wtf.

Old 02-14-2018, 09:10 PM   #101
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Holy shit am I really going to spend the next 15 hours on Netphoria until this thing drops?

HNNNGNGGG

Old 02-14-2018, 09:13 PM   #102
in stereo
Demi-God

shiny and oh so bright tour

i feel bad for you guys who never got to see the tours during the glory days.

Old 02-14-2018, 09:19 PM   #103
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by in stereo View Post

don't worry, i hate myself already

i was born after the melvoin incident. i've literally never been alive for a quality SP show

Old 02-14-2018, 09:23 PM   #104
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:

It's ok. I saw Radiohead and Sleep. And Boris. Twice.

Billy & Co. can shove it (minus Darcy).

Old 02-14-2018, 09:29 PM   #105
slayed23
Ownz

If they are going to try and sell 20K tickets to each venue, then Billy is going to still try and get D'Arcy.

Rock stars are not normal people. They don't work things out like normal people. One minute they can be holding a gun to each others head, the next minute laughing like nothing happened.

Chicago, New York an LA will probably still sell out regardless. They had 15K easily for the Manson Tour in Chicago and I am pretty sure they did in the big cities. Chicago even sold out Allstate in 2012 as I was there although they did move the stage closer. Probably had 10-12K for that.

But to have tickets sell well in flyover areas like Nashville, you need D'Arcy.

Old 02-14-2018, 09:38 PM   #106
Candy Cane
Demi-God

Location: Where the willows weep and the whirpools sleep you'll find me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewface View Post
Smashing Pumpkins: Shiny and Oh so Bright Tour
https://media.giphy.com/media/ycagKBYEmaili/giphy.gif

Old 02-14-2018, 09:41 PM   #107
SomaPhreak
Ownz

Question Opener?

If there is a currently hot opener and massive promotion, then perhaps they can sell a lot of tickets given this period of 90s nostalgia.

Old 02-14-2018, 09:42 PM   #108
Pizza Club
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayed23 View Post
Chicago even sold out Allstate in 2012 as I was there although they did move the stage closer. Probably had 10-12K for that.

The Chicago Oceania stop was absolutely not sold out. They had to close the upper deck and sell tickets on Groupon and it didn't sell out.

I saw Arcade Fire at United Center, a major festival headliner that's about as big as rock bands get anymore, and they also had to close down the upper deck.

U2, who sold out 5 nights at the United Center on their last arena tour, has not sold out either one of their dates there in May.

I hope the tour is awesome but they have got their work cut out for them even with the hometown crowd.

Old 02-14-2018, 09:46 PM   #109
in stereo
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza Club View Post
The Chicago Oceania stop was absolutely not sold out. They had to close the upper deck and sell tickets on Groupon and it didn't sell out.

I saw Arcade Fire at United Center, a major festival headliner that's about as big as rock bands get anymore, and they also had to close down the upper deck.

U2, who sold out 5 nights at the United Center on their last arena tour, has not sold out either one of their dates there in May.

I hope the tour is awesome but they have got their work cut out for them even with the hometown crowd.
Yep. The smart play would be to do a smaller tour of smaller venues, that way every night is sold out, and build momentum. But ol' Belly has to go into CORPORATE ROCK mode, and thinks it's '96 again and he can sell out arenas (he can't)

Old 02-14-2018, 09:49 PM   #110
slayed23
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza Club View Post

http://www.chicagonow.com/chicago-at...-with-setlist/

It technically was a sellout by a definition standpoint of selling the "available" tickets.

Your point is taken though. That entire tour sold terribly with Chicago probably being the least terrible. This tour better sell atleast double that or it's going to be embarrassing as it's labeled a reunion tour.

Old 02-14-2018, 09:56 PM   #111
slayed23
Ownz

Quote:
Yep. The smart play would be to do a smaller tour of smaller venues, that way every night is sold out, and build momentum. But ol' Belly has to go into CORPORATE ROCK mode, and thinks it's '96 again and he can sell out arenas (he can't)
Maybe he would rather have empty seats than have places sold out and possible revenue lost.

It's one thing to come close to selling places out. It's another to have to close down sections of the arena due to poor sales. Or even canceling shows. I think that happened in a few places for Oceania.

Old 02-14-2018, 09:58 PM   #112
wounded
Apocalyptic Poster

Yeah arcade fire was real sparse in Louisville at the Yum Center.

But when U2 did the Joshua tree tour it was selling to stadiums. They need to call this thing the Siamese Dream tour and play it front to back each night. That’s the only shot.

Old 02-14-2018, 10:00 PM   #113
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Lol the yum center wtf

Old 02-14-2018, 10:07 PM   #114
wounded
Apocalyptic Poster

Yeah it’s an awful name. Yum brands- KFC Taco Bell and Pizza Hut. Football stadium is papa johns. Everything named after food.

Old 02-14-2018, 10:15 PM   #115
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayed23 View Post
Maybe he would rather have empty seats than have places sold out and possible revenue lost.

It's one thing to come close to selling places out. It's another to have to close down sections of the arena due to poor sales. Or even canceling shows. I think that happened in a few places for Oceania.
I heard on the radio that only around 3200 tickets were sold for the Oceania tour in Vancouver at the time of the cancellation. That would be the only show on the tour that was canceled. The venue they were playing seats about 16 000 for rock concerts.

Old 02-14-2018, 10:17 PM   #116
fuzzyroes
Banned

And that's with the tickets on groupon and everything lol. To be fair, the singles from Oceania got literally no airplay on any of the stations out here so the idea of seeing the album in it's entirety wasn't very enticing.

Old 02-14-2018, 10:24 PM   #117
fluxequalsrad
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
To be fair, the singles from Oceania got literally no airplay on any of the stations out here so the idea of seeing the album in it's entirety wasn't very enticing.
Plus the album licked balls.

Old 02-14-2018, 10:25 PM   #118
fuzzyroes
Banned

As much as I'd like to see Billy fall flat on his face for the way everything was handled, I'm actually predicting that this tour will be a major success.

I'm assuming they have someone like Live Nation backing it, and they go all out with the promotion and the production. They're focusing entirely on the nostalgia factor and they have 3/4ths of the original band back together, I think that's good enough to excite the general public.

Billy is actually lucky in a sense that the past 10 years were so under the radar. Most people don't even realize that he was still out and about making new music, so Live Nation or whomever can literally act is if those years didn't happen and that this is the first real reunion and the public will be none the wiser. Billy's Achilles heel was that he never fully embraced the nostalgia factor, he is now to the fullest extent and I think it'll get results. Sure, the hardcore fans know he's a sell-out wanker who's went back on his word, but most people couldn't care less.

All he's gotta do is throw another well known 90's band on the bill and this shit will sell like gangbusters. I think a lot of people are going to have to eat their hats on this one.

There is a little bit of importance on the new single... If he releases something again like Special K as a lead single it'll really stall any momentum. That's why I think that the new song will probably be pretty good. With all the money riding on the tour there was probably an agreement in place that the company backing the tour would have to make sure that the single is up to snuff. That's likely why they got Rubin in and the whole 9 yards for the 1 song alone.

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 02-14-2018 at 10:31 PM.

Old 02-14-2018, 11:25 PM   #119
ilikeplanets
Braindead

right on fuzzman, i agree with all that

Old 02-14-2018, 11:34 PM   #120
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i hope it's very successful, really.