Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2013, 07:09 AM   #91
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Great performance of "Lucky 13" >>>

Old 07-25-2013, 03:11 PM   #92
BurtSampson
Apocalyptic Poster

I'm just gonna go ahead and call it right now. I bet with this reissue we don't get the whole Metro show, but just select songs, both in audio and video.

Old 07-25-2013, 03:35 PM   #93
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

seriously motherfuckers still care about the metro show

Old 07-25-2013, 07:58 PM   #94
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtSampson View Post
I'm just gonna go ahead and call it right now. I bet with this reissue we don't get the whole Metro show, but just select songs, both in audio and video.
Fuck fuck fuck shut up

That's the most irritating possible way Billy could do this.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #95
Radiofred
Apocalyptic Poster

I got over the final Metro show a long time ago but you would expect it with the reissue of Machina, Right?

Old 07-25-2013, 09:04 PM   #96
remd3
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
seriously motherfuckers still care about the metro show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiofred View Post
I got over the final Metro show a long time ago but you would expect it with the reissue of Machina, Right?
I could care less about the metro show what I want is the GATMOG mixes

Old 07-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #97
Radiofred
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by remd3 View Post
I could care less about the metro show what I want is the GATMOG mixes
I had to google GATMOG, Don't care about that shit man. All I care about is a good album. Out of all of these reissues, Adore and Machina have been the ones I've been looking forward to the most. The Machines of God shit is just stupid. hah.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:36 PM   #98
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiofred View Post
I had to google GATMOG, Don't care about that shit man. All I care about is a good album. Out of all of these reissues, Adore and Machina have been the ones I've been looking forward to the most. The Machines of God shit is just stupid. hah.
You realize he is talking about the totally different versions of the songs used in the cartoons right?

Old 07-25-2013, 09:39 PM   #99
Shallowed
Braindead

I hope there's plenty of Arising tour material.

It's extremely unlikely that the entire Metro show would be released with this, but I'd be content with just the Silverfuck from that show.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:46 PM   #100
Radiofred
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
You realize he is talking about the totally different versions of the songs used in the cartoons right?
I don't man, Sorry, Not the fan I thought I was :-p X

Old 07-25-2013, 10:34 PM   #101
remd3
Pledge

http://thepumpkins.net/music/240-mus...of-god-remixes
listen to In My Body....its fucking wonderful

Old 07-25-2013, 10:37 PM   #102
Radiofred
Apocalyptic Poster

In my body has always been one of my m2 tracks. Love that chord sequence.

Old 03-13-2014, 04:11 AM   #103
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Interview from 2000 >>>

Billy:
"This will make you feel better. We've taped the last...maybe 300 shows...and there's tons of demos and unreleased songs...and we're still gonna do some more recording before we break up so...you'll be sick of us in 10 years. We'll put out more music in the next 10 years than we did in the last."

)

Old 03-13-2014, 11:03 AM   #104
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
I hope there's plenty of Arising tour material.
Eat your peas.

Cosmic cake.

Old 05-23-2014, 10:24 AM   #105
whywontyoulistn
Ownz

http://www.smashingpumpkinsnexus.com...8-A5CD1BEB6FE0

Quote:
“I’m also not opposed to asking current artists to participate, singing songs as such on the compositions meant for other character’s voices,” Billy adds.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:09 AM   #106
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whywontyoulistn View Post

Quote:
MACHINA REISSUE UPDATE
May 23, 2014

Looking forward to the eventual reissue of a restored and recompiled MACHINA, work has begun on transfers from the original 24 track tapes, as well as a host of select live shows. The effort will be unprecedented for Smashing Pumpkins et al, as Billy Corgan has indicated plans to put the album not only in it’s original and intended double/triple album sequence, but has designs on commissioning new remixes of all materials as well. The intention he says is clear: to present MACHINA in the original form in which it was written; or in his words, ‘as a theatrical narrative.’

Other possibilities of coalescing the story exist: including the addition of extant materials such acoustic alternates, re-contextualized soundtrack pieces, and use of spoken word to create an immersive experience.”

“I’m also not opposed to asking current artists to participate, singing songs as such on the compositions meant for other character’s voices,” Billy adds. “Finishing what the band started so long ago, and we just didn’t have the strength to end.”

Old 05-23-2014, 11:36 AM   #107
Shallowed
Braindead

I never understand the whole "how it was meant to be" thing with Machina. Why was the album released the way it was originally? And what kind of narrative does that album portray if it's not a double/triple album like it was "supposed" to be?

It feels like instead of acknowledging that it was a weak album with a weak concept, Billy's always blamed the record company for not having faith in him to release something extravagant. Now he finally gets to release it how he wanted to and he's still pretending that it's not because it's a weak album.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:38 AM   #108
Ram27
dumb

I don't want any of that story bullshit. Just give me more of those sexy soundboard concerts please.

Old 05-23-2014, 11:38 AM   #109
Shallowed
Braindead

And for Christ's sake, release the Adore reissue already.

Old 05-23-2014, 12:13 PM   #110
T&T
Socialphobic

This is going to be a disaster.
oh well. we still have the original machina I & II as they were.

Old 05-23-2014, 12:54 PM   #111
Shallowed
Braindead

Kid A was leaked and that is one of Radiohead's most successful albums.

I realise that SP's record company were against a double album. The album and the concept suffers from an idea that was not (and still isn't) fully realised, which went ahead anyway. It's one of those things that ideally should have been abandoned, but obviously Billy realised the band was breaking up and wanted to get one last album out no matter what.

Personally, I'm not a fan of double albums and I am even less of a fan of "concept" albums anyway.

Old 05-23-2014, 01:35 PM   #112
eyeboogers
Demi-God

Default ...

"Machina" was a difficult album to get into. And part it was that the concept felt a bit amputated, on first listen I certainly didn't get the whole "Zero turns into Glass who front a band that used to be called The Smashing Pumpkins but is now the Machines of God" etc. etc. And that may or may not have been more clear if it was put together in the manner Corgan is suggesting now. That little spoken word section of Glass and the ghost children" was always both moody and helpful in terms of making the record a bit more cohesive.

So I am honestly looking forward to this and it seems everyone will get to pick their own version of The re-issue: one that is everything cleaned up a bit and one that is everything put completely re-contextualized. Everybody wins.

Old 05-23-2014, 01:39 PM   #113
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
A few tidbits regarding the Machina reissue.

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/featu...t-laugh?page=1
April 2012

Quote:
Our sell-out move, for Machina, is we’re going to remix the whole record and put it in its official sequence the way I’d hoped for in the beginning. I wrote it as a rock opera double album type of thing, so we’re going to remix the whole thing. I’ve already talked to Flood, and he’s been indicating he wants to be involved with that part of the process, and then we’ll finally finish the album, the way it was meant to be.
Currently Howie Weinberg and Howard Willing are already in the producer and mastering boat. What are the chances he'll really get Flood?

Old 05-23-2014, 01:57 PM   #114
SlingeroGuitaro
Starbucks addicted minion

i hate that they caved and let howie master adore. all of the extra discs that he's done have been absolutely terrible.

Old 05-23-2014, 03:58 PM   #115
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Some of his machina ideas sound awful.

But honestly, why is he announcing machina reissue news when he hasn't even announced a date for Adore? I don't think any of the previous reissues had him stringing everyone along like this.

Last edited by Araneae : 05-23-2014 at 04:23 PM.

Old 05-24-2014, 03:12 AM   #116
eyeboogers
Demi-God

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingeroGuitaro View Post
i hate that they caved and let howie master adore. all of the extra discs that he's done have been absolutely terrible.
Bob Ludwig remastered "Adore". Weinberg must have been working on the extras.

Old 05-24-2014, 04:13 AM   #117
SlingeroGuitaro
Starbucks addicted minion

Really? In one of Billy's posts I thought he said howie mastered the actual album this time. I haven't seen any mention of Ludwig since TAFH

Old 05-25-2014, 02:37 AM   #118
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Corgan
“I’m also not opposed to asking current artists to participate, singing songs as such on the compositions meant for other character’s voices,” Billy adds.
That is the one part of his quote that got me nervous. I'm mighty opposed to Tommy Lee (or, to be more practical: Sierra Swan) singing between polished Machina tracks.

While I could definitely go for a firm date/more info on Adore, I don't doubt that it is happening for sure. Still not gonna get too excited about Machina until it actually shows up for sale: just sounds like a big undertaking.

Old 05-25-2014, 03:09 AM   #119
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Corgan
>>>

Old 05-25-2014, 04:04 AM   #120
panda show
Ownz

billy just needs to cut the crap.. I mean, the only thing I was even looking forward to in the machina reissue was some arising footage being released, since I'm pretty sure all of the shows were recorded.. but I'm not sure we'll be getting any of that.

billy needs to get it in his head that nobody cares about the machina storyline anymore, or whatever concept/rock opera he wants to make out of it. it was a bad and weak idea in the first place, it seems as if he came up with it just because he knew the band was gonna end (in late 1998) and he wanted them to have some kind of spectacular-triple album-rock opera-concept ending in which the band would have to act the exaggerated versions of themselves (as they were portrayed in the media), just because...... he wanted to.
and he wanted to do such a thing - forgetting that there's no way his record company will let him after the poor sales of adore.. that completely ruined the already weak concept, what added more was the departure of d'arcy midway through the recording of the album and the band (besides billy) being completely disinterested in the concept..
all of that just caused to the band to end in a way billy didn't hope to, without them making a last big record.. instead, he made half a record, which was a commercial failure, then released the other half online for free, without anyone understanding whatever the fuck the concept actually was, and the band disintegrated leaving billy disappointed, so he could once again blame everyone else for his failure.

so what makes him think people will actually be interested to see a concept album (which was ruined a long time ago) in its "true form"? especially whan half of the 'concept' is missing (the band playing the characters and all that shit)..