Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
H and m?
C UND A?

Old 11-06-2014, 03:45 AM   #152
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Het trots remember when you were talking about fat girls and saying how some of them are pretty and there's a difference between fat girls based on how fat they are?

I thought that was kinda hilarious

Old 11-06-2014, 03:46 AM   #153
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

well there is

Old 11-06-2014, 03:47 AM   #154
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I'm really fat at the moment. It's such a pain. Everything feels too small and right and uncomfortable.

My husband used to be an asshole about it but then at my insistence he wen to therapy and started medication and now he's fat and mellow like me. We're like a couple of jolly pigs on the sofa each night, gorging ourselves on delicious treats.

Old 11-06-2014, 03:48 AM   #155
Trotskilicious
Banned

the same is true of fat men i would think, you know. some of them are good looking and some of them are not and as they get fatter the less appealing they are

fat girls feel nice though also can still have a figure

i feel gross and self concious talking about this

Old 11-06-2014, 03:50 AM   #156
Trotskilicious
Banned

honestly i dunno why i said "some fat girls are pretty" as if all thin girls are pretty. they aren't. obvious. some people are pretty. i mean whatever.

Old 11-06-2014, 03:51 AM   #157
Trotskilicious
Banned

i'd be a real piece of shit if i didn't find a fat girl appealing

i know fat guys like that, they are in the MRA neckbeard randrioid gamergate ponytail brigade more often than not

Old 11-06-2014, 03:53 AM   #158
Trotskilicious
Banned

hey when starving yourself coffee is a good deal right, i mean it keeps you going without food right? i drink a lot of coffee when i'm starving

Old 11-06-2014, 07:48 AM   #159
vixnix
Socialphobic

very low calorie diets will ultimately slow your weight loss down - I've been there before. I lost 4kg in a week, and then gained 2 back through moderated eating because my body had adapted to the new caloric intake. It's really demoralising feeling so hungry and measuring everything you eat, and gaining anyway, because your fasting can't be sustained long term.

It's standard advice but start slow. Make small changes, because they are the easiest to maintain. Recording what you eat helps. And having non-food rewards will help, too.

Exercise first thing before you eat. Fasted cardio works really well for me.

High fibre foods, and protein, both help to keep the hunger at bay - caffeine definitely works, too. But eat high fibre and protein. Fat makes things satisfying. Really the only way to beat hunger is to not let yourself feel it, so eat mindfully all day long.

Get used to celery, salad, tuna, oil & vinegar salad dressings, & water. And find a way to enjoy exercise.

then you'll end up married with kids and working full or part time and your challenge will be having the strength to resist cake when you're hurting and vulnerable and emotionally spent, and finding an hour in your day, to exercise.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:28 AM   #160
Eulogy
huh

I woke up at 2:45 and stupidly read a work email and then couldn't get to sleep until about 4:30, just enough time to sleep enough to make it really hard to get out of bed when my alarm went off. Blerg.

Soooo not great so far! Thinking of getting a haircut though. Woo.

Old 11-06-2014, 09:39 AM   #161
Cool As Ice Cream

i need a haircut too
but i don't know when i'll have time for it
hopefully next week

Old 11-06-2014, 10:27 AM   #162
yo soy el mejor

i still have a "free" haircut to get before November 30. over the summer i was suckered by a guy on state st. selling these certificates or whatever that were $40 for an $80 dollar haircut. 2 free lip waxes, 2 eyebrow waxes, a manicure, and 50% off any coloring or highlights are also included.

i just want a cut and a manicure, y0.

Old 11-06-2014, 11:12 AM   #163
Cool As Ice Cream

lololo

Old 11-06-2014, 11:14 AM   #164
Elphenor
Braindead

I laughed

Old 11-06-2014, 02:20 PM   #165
hnibos
Braindead

The fall always make me feel more in tune with my depression.

Old 11-06-2014, 02:37 PM   #166
yo soy el mejor

yah same here. i told my therapist i was just sad and furthermore frustrated there is really no good reason. which makes it that much harder to pinpoint a cause and make it stop...that's what i want. i'm just blue and need lots of coddling and funnies.

makes me a little anxious for winter. this could be a combination of the winter blues (nothing new to me) and the fact i ran out of my lithium and lamictal almost two weeks ago.

i just got back from the gym, though. i was there two hours and cannot wait to see how sore i will be tomorrow.

Old 11-06-2014, 03:50 PM   #167
null123
Minion of Satan

The hint of cold overcast weather makes me think of Portland which makes me feel good and bad at the same time
I'm really looking forward to going back but only because I want to go back to the dark drippy cold and drive around my favorite places, I don't even want to see a single person over Christmas

Old 11-06-2014, 05:14 PM   #168
Order 66
Socialphobic

my doc diagnosed me as bipolar and gave me lamatril.. anybody have experience with lamatril

[looks in ericas direction

Old 11-06-2014, 05:26 PM   #169
hnibos
Braindead

Do you think you're bipolar?

Old 11-06-2014, 05:33 PM   #170
Elphenor
Braindead

Winter makes me happy but I live in CA where it's too hot for me and the coolness is just a break from the gross sweating

Old 11-06-2014, 05:49 PM   #171
Eulogy
huh

Guys I didn't get a haircut

And all afternoon I've been too tired to get much done.

Nooooo

Old 11-06-2014, 06:23 PM   #172
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
my doc diagnosed me as bipolar and gave me lamatril.. anybody have experience with lamatril

Do you mean lamictal, generic name lamotrigine?

I took that, it did nothing so far as I could tell - but I was always taking it as a second medicine.

I feel like I'm finally stabilising on duloxetine now (Cymbalta).

Lamictal is actually an anti- convulsant I think? Usually prescribed for epilepsy - but has shown to work as a mood stabiliser for bipolar. Erica will know more...

Old 11-06-2014, 06:24 PM   #173
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
Guys I didn't get a haircut

And all afternoon I've been too tired to get much done.

Nooooo
I hate these days.

I usually end up staying up till 2am for a week when this happens, and being too tired to do anything during the day. Sleep deprivation sucks

Old 11-06-2014, 06:31 PM   #174
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post

yeah, if you're talking about lamictal, i currently take it as well as cymbalta, just like vixnix. i also take seroquel and wellbutrin.

i am not bipolar, but am taking it and seroquel off label for PTSD-related anxiety. It definitely gave me big benefits at first, but now as I am getting off things and unraveling all of the medications, I do believe Lamictal will be the next one to go.

as far as i remember from being around a lot of psych patients, lamictal is pretty easy on the system and is a good thing to try before going to meds with more side effects (weight gain/metabolic syndrome specifically) or that need frequent blood tests (like lithium). im sure the doc warned you of any kind of rash, to discontinue and call him. it can be nasty but as long as you discontinue if you get it you will be fine. i never had any rash or itchiness. it actually is the only med that had that "can make you more suicidal" side effect for me, though it is rare, especially for someone in their 30s. i was like 23 at the time. i felt a lot better, but i kept on having visions of jumping over the balcony every time i went out for a smoke. it was strange and may have just been a coincidence.

good luck

Last edited by reprise85 : 11-06-2014 at 07:07 PM.

Old 11-06-2014, 06:45 PM   #175
hnibos
Braindead

I was on lamictal when I was a young'n and I was always in a very...neutral mood.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:10 PM   #176
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

yeah, i dont consider mood dampening to be a reasonable side effect, but then again i've never been manic where a neutral mood might mean not having sex with a different person every night or whatever manic behaviors someone may have.

imo people get the wrong idea about psych meds because people assume that mood dampening, "no feelings" type effects are what they are supposed to do - but in reality, they are side effects that may or may not be acceptable for someone, depending on their condition or whatever. for me, it was never an ok side effect and i've never stuck with a medication that zombified me.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:46 PM   #177
great poster
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
started birth control for irregular periods tonight. made me nauseated and i vomited up salad.

my glasses fell of while i was puking and landed in my puke in the toilet
that sounds awful, I'm sorry. my girlfriend got on depo provera in May and it completely fucked her up in every way imaginable, but she didn't have any periods for like 2 months but when she was coming off it in July she bled every day until mid September. We learned not to go anywhere near depo again. She's on anti depressants as a result of it, goddamn.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:47 PM   #178
great poster
Apocalyptic Poster

Also it completely destroys sex drive, so that fucking sucks

Old 11-06-2014, 07:49 PM   #179
hnibos
Braindead

I often feel the urge to have sex with a new partner. Never thought that it could be a manic thing.

Old 11-06-2014, 07:49 PM   #180
slunken
Virgo

http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...2at25611AM.png