Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2017, 10:19 PM   #181
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Interesting choice of words there.
One more thing, since things are being taken grossly out of context.

It would be like some dude saying to a woman: YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO GET KARATE KICKED IN THE NUTS and the woman saying: "well thankfully for me I don't have any nuts"

Old 01-21-2017, 10:22 PM   #182
crabshack
Apocalyptic Poster

fuzzy you almost had a pretty good point working up a froth for a split second but then the 2nd post tag happened

Old 01-21-2017, 10:25 PM   #183
crabshack
Apocalyptic Poster

Why would anyone be looking at 40 year old video games to define gender equality?

Old 01-21-2017, 10:27 PM   #184
fuzzyroes
Banned

No one is. But only an imbecile would play Mario and be offended by the timeless tale of chivalry.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:29 PM   #185
fuzzyroes
Banned

Crabshack: there's a recent retro-y new mario game out that some yuppy from the new yor times was losing hhis shit over. That's how the Mario convo began.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:36 PM   #186
crabshack
Apocalyptic Poster

Everything is run by evil men and all they have the power to do is set us against ourselves playing tit for tat.

So let's blame Mario. Let's set a Starbucks on fire. Change the world.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:47 PM   #187
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
"fuzzyroes means well."
I regret this everytime

I'm sorry

I"M SORRYY

Old 01-21-2017, 11:12 PM   #188
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabshack View Post
Everything is run by evil men and all they have the power to do is set us against ourselves playing tit for tat.

So let's blame Mario. Let's set a Starbucks on fire. Change the world.
It's the age of the disillusioned youth! They don't like Trump cause they think he's a Nazi so they take the streets and burn public-city garbage cans!

Truly breath-taking and inspiring

Old 01-21-2017, 11:16 PM   #189
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by toase View Post
I regret this everytime

I'm sorry

I"M SORRYY
I'm a man who speaks my mind. I know it's a controversial thing to do, and it's easy to label a man in a negative way for thinking differently than the "norm" but it's 2017. It's time we stop trying to sugar-coat everything in deep anxiety that someone might be offended. It's a stone-cold world out there folks. The sooner we realize it, the sooner we'll prosper.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:20 PM   #190
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

i tried watching trump's speeches but they are so hard to listen to. he says so many words yet makes almost no coherent points

Old 01-21-2017, 11:21 PM   #191
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dade View Post
not sure why seeing as how i've never been mean to you but alright then
your personality makes sense in the context of you being c_wilson, is all i meant. nothing inherently bad

Old 01-21-2017, 11:52 PM   #192
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
i tried watching trump's speeches but they are so hard to listen to. he says so many words yet makes almost no coherent points
His point is that he's a man of the people whereas the politicians are only out for their self-interests.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:58 PM   #193
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i hope he really is but i don't think so. regardless, he doesn't need to keep repeating it in 1000 words each time

Old 01-22-2017, 12:00 AM   #194
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I'm a man who speaks my mind. I know it's a controversial thing to do, and it's easy to label a man in a negative way for thinking differently than the "norm" but it's 2017.
LOL you against the "norm"

WHOA! Straight white dude is speaking his own mind, how revolutionary, after all it's 2017.

Quote:
It's time we stop trying to sugar-coat everything in deep anxiety that someone might be offended.
So, if someone tells you a racist joke, but you are not offended by it, would you laugh?

The point is not just empathy, but how people are trying to build a society that in cludes everyone and notsomething that just benefits the majority, people that fit the "norm".

Quote:
It's a stone-cold world out there folks. The sooner we realize it, the sooner we'll prosper.
Don't you dare to talk about that.

We know how cold the world can be. And you have no idea...

Old 01-22-2017, 12:09 AM   #195
fuzzyroes
Banned

I have no tolerance for any racism. But sometimes some honest critiquing of cultures is necessary and is in no way racist. Kind of like how women are repressed in Muslim societies. But if you dare speak out about those injustices people will be quick to throw the RACIST! card around. Another example of political correctness gone wrong.

Everybody who deserves respect should be treated with respect, even if they're little a fucked in the head. I'm not arguing that. It's when people start being enraged with issues that they have no business being enraged with that I have problem with. A way to a good woman or mans heart is knowing their way around a kitchen, but if you depict a woman in a kitchen then godforbid... SHIT IS GONNA HIT THE FAN.

It's stupid, juvenile and immature.

And listen buddy, don't try and tell me not to dare talk about the world being cold like you're some kind of connoisseur on the subject. You have no right to make such assumptions and only make yourself look unaware

Old 01-22-2017, 12:14 AM   #196
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
And listen buddy, don't try and tell me not to dare talk about the world being cold like you're some kind of connoisseur on the subject. You have no right to make such assumptions and only make yourself look unaware
Quote:
It's a stone-cold world out there folks. The sooner we realize it, the sooner we'll prosper.
Good bye fuzzy, I really hope you'll get better somehow...

Old 01-22-2017, 12:17 AM   #197
fuzzyroes
Banned

Get off yer high-horse.

Old 01-22-2017, 12:22 AM   #198
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

Old 01-22-2017, 12:31 AM   #199
fuzzyroes
Banned

It's 2017. The age of Trump. No need to tip-toe around speaking ones true feelings anymore.

http://www.adweek.com/files/imagecac...mp-01-2016.png

http://loresomemore.com/wp-content/u...016/07/7-2.jpg

Maybe in 2020 Hillary Clinton can run again and maybe the 3rd times a charm and you can have your little utopia

http://hw.infowars.com/wp-content/up...en-extinct.jpg

http://cdn04.cdn.justjared.com/wp-co...m-takeover.jpg

Old 01-22-2017, 12:46 AM   #200
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
i hope he really is but i don't think so. regardless, he doesn't need to keep repeating it in 1000 words each time
The guys already worth 10 billion. He has no purpose to get into politics just to cut shady deals and make 100/200 million more for himself. He ran on the same common sense approach that Ron Paul was pushing in 2012 and I believe he means it.

Old 01-22-2017, 01:52 AM   #201
JESUSNEEDSAHIT
Apocalyptic Poster

here is hard truth for you

you are a retard

Old 01-22-2017, 05:16 AM   #202
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
I was replying to the context of the message.

You guys gotta toughen up a bit. You're all gonna have tough lives if you're this sensitive and easily offended.
I am aware of your context, and it was a shitty response. I'm not offended, just bewildered at your lack of awareness, empathy and tact.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:23 AM   #203
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
You may not like the trope, but there's nothing inherently offensive about it. The fact that you see a problem with it reflects more about your state of mind than it does a classic tale of romance and chivalry.

I know this will be offensive, but the biological truth is that men are genetically physically stronger, and thus leading to women being more vulnerable to be taken advantage of. It's an awful shame, but it's true. So the tale of the damsel in distress is a universal one.

And historically through evolution the male has been the provider and the woman has been the nurturer. Men don't give birth so they've historically provided for their families while the women nurture.

Sure, more hollywood glory needs to be placed on the nurturing, but these are gender roles that have existed since the dawn of time.
It's not a point of disliking or not a trope. The problem is that is still the major way in which women are portrayed in most forms of entertainment. While in society women's role changed and evolved in the modern era. All that is being asked is a more diverse portrayal across the board.
If all men in movies were either bumbling idiots or underwear models you'd probably complain about it being samey too.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:24 AM   #204
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
One more thing, since things are being taken grossly out of context.

It would be like some dude saying to a woman: YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO GET KARATE KICKED IN THE NUTS and the woman saying: "well thankfully for me I don't have any nuts"
Except dudes haven't been the target of oppression or abuse since forever.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:25 AM   #205
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabshack View Post
Why would anyone be looking at 40 year old video games to define gender equality?
It was just the example someone else brought forth and it's an easy one to illustrate, the argument is not specifically about mario, or video games.

Old 01-22-2017, 05:27 AM   #206
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
I'm a man who speaks my mind. I know it's a controversial thing to do, and it's easy to label a man in a negative way for thinking differently than the "norm" but it's 2017. It's time we stop trying to sugar-coat everything in deep anxiety that someone might be offended. It's a stone-cold world out there folks. The sooner we realize it, the sooner we'll prosper.
You're not thinking differently from the norm, ignorant entitled white males ARE the norm.
If you're so big on speaking your mind, why are you so offended when other people speak theirs?

Old 01-22-2017, 05:32 AM   #207
LaBelle
Socialphobic

And that's as far as I got reading his posts until they got really gross.

Old 01-22-2017, 12:51 PM   #208
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

fuzzy, I mean this in the nicest way possible, but why do you post here? What do you get out of it? 90% of the posters seemingly hate your guts and it's clear you're never going to turn anyone's opinion around.

If I were in your position, I would've left this place behind years ago.

Old 01-22-2017, 12:52 PM   #209
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

There's gotta be a right-wing TMNT website or something that would better suit you.

Old 01-22-2017, 08:37 PM   #210
buzzard
Minion of Satan

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are a cover for the pro-Monsanto agenda, effectively training kids from a young age to view genetic mutation as a savior of the general population.

References to the Renaissance via the mutants' names hint towards their supposed ushering in of a sociocultural rebirth.