Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2017, 10:19 AM   #271
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Any negative polls are fake news, just like the CNN, ABC, NBC polls in the election. Sorry, people want border security and extreme vetting.
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...74430800539648

Quote:
I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it. Some FAKE NEWS media, in order to marginalize, lies!
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...75949268606977

Shades of Kim Jong.

Order eliminating freedom of press any minute now.

Old 02-06-2017, 10:48 AM   #272
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

https://uploads.disquscdn.com/images...if?w=600&h=252

An important log is being maintained on this site:

https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/

Old 02-06-2017, 10:50 AM   #273
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Lemmy sings about poison on the song "Poison" off Bomber. He croaks "I've been doing poison (poison!)/I guess I poisoned my life. I've been doing poison (poison)/it's better than marrying a wife (oh!). then this ubersenescent riff comes in, du nu na du nu na du nu na du nu na DU!!!!

Old 02-06-2017, 10:51 AM   #274
FoolofaTook

damn on the wrong page again and this time I'm completely sober.

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME

Old 02-06-2017, 10:52 AM   #275
FoolofaTook

ok this is the post i was supposed to be responding to

The anti white...white guilt ..all whites are evil needs to stop. It's poison.

Old 02-06-2017, 02:25 PM   #276
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
this is one of the best things ever made
some more in-depth research has been done for this one:

https://youtu.be/X5a8L1aJLBY

Old 02-06-2017, 07:51 PM   #277
FoolofaTook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
I think its time for all of us to stop making assumptions about other individuals or an entire race. It's sadly ironic that the people preaching systemic racism are those who are the most likely to refer to "white people" as a monolithic group. Or "Muslims" or "black people" as a monolithic group, even if they are doing it to cast them in a favorable light.
them? sounds like you're lumping them into a whole as well

there is no escape from this insanity, fool

Old 02-06-2017, 07:52 PM   #278
FoolofaTook

damn i used the word 'them' too

NO ESCAPE

Old 02-06-2017, 10:36 PM   #279
redbreegull

why rest at "there's no such thing as systemic racism?" we're just one station away from "racism ended in the 60s," might as well take the train to the end of the line

Old 02-06-2017, 11:42 PM   #280
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
some more in-depth research has been done for this one:

https://youtu.be/X5a8L1aJLBY

Old 02-07-2017, 08:34 AM   #281
Starla

Quote:
I think its time for all of us to stop making assumptions about other individuals or an entire race. It's sadly ironic that the people preaching systemic racism are those who are the most likely to refer to "white people" as a monolithic group. Or "Muslims" or "black people" as a monolithic group, even if they are doing it to cast them in a favorable light.
Identity politics ..one of a few reasons why I walked away from the dem party. The dems need a reformation and new leaders or we will have trump for 8 years.

At dapl...I had a white girl apologize to me for being white. I'm so over this shit.

Old 02-07-2017, 01:15 PM   #282
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

More conflict of interest facts.

Trump era heralds warming of US-Egypt ties

Quote:
As President Donald Trump tries to re-instate his controversial travel ban, there is one thing he does not need to worry about - any opposition from Egypt.

When President Trump decided to temporarily close America's borders to citizens of seven mainly Muslim nations, the response from Cairo was striking.

The Arab world's most populous nation made its silence felt. Egypt's hardline leader, and his supporters, are on the Trump train.

President Abdul Fattah al-Sisi was the first Arab leader to congratulate Mr Trump on his election victory. The bromance began at their first meeting in New York last September, when Donald Trump was still on the campaign trail.

"There was good chemistry there," Mr Trump said afterwards. "He's a fantastic guy." He praised the general-turned-president for "really taking control of Egypt" as indeed he did - in a popularly backed coup in 2013.

While the US did not call it a coup, the military's removal of Egypt's first democratically elected president - the Islamist Mohammed Morsi - caused a rupture with President Obama. Now President Sisi is looking forward to a reset in relations, and a visit to the White House - which the Obama administration denied him.
How Does Trump's Immigration Freeze Square With His Business Interests?

Quote:
Even as President Trump takes steps to restrict visitors from some majority-Muslim countries, he and his family continue to do business in some of the others.

Ethics experts question whether that might indicate conflicts between Trump's business interests and his role as U.S. president.

The executive action, "Protecting The Nation From Foreign Terrorist Entry Into The United States," targets seven nations: Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria and Yemen. Trump has no business interests in those countries.

One other thing they have in common, as NPR's Greg Myre writes: "No Muslim extremist from any of these places has carried out a fatal attack in the U.S. in more than two decades."

The 19 terrorists in the Sept. 11 attacks were from Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Lebanon and the United Arab Emirates, Myre points out. They are among the Muslim-majority countries not affected by Trump's immigration freeze, but where Trump does business.

He has significant commercial interests in Turkey and Azerbaijan, is developing properties in Indonesia and Dubai, and has formed companies in Egypt and Saudi Arabia. His daughter Ivanka said in 2015 that the company was looking at "multiple opportunities in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Saudi Arabia — the four areas where we are seeing the most interest."

Critics said it appears that Trump is picking favorites, overlooking terrorist links in countries such as Saudi Arabia and Turkey that have their own history of terrorism.

And there appear to be conflict-of-interest questions, which could raise legal and constitutional concerns for the Trump White House.

Norman Eisen, a former ethics adviser to President Obama and a current fellow in governance studies at the Brookings Institution, told NPR in an interview:

"I don't believe that our Constitution allows the president to order State Department and other U.S. government employees to discriminate between otherwise identical people, favoring those from countries he likes because they give him unconstitutional foreign emoluments, and punishing those from other countries that do not pay such personal and illegal tribute to him."

Emoluments are gifts. A provision of the U.S. Constitution, called the emoluments clause, prohibits U.S. officials from taking gifts of value from foreign officials or governments.

Eisen said of Trump: "Normally he would, of course, have freer rein legally in these foreign policy, immigration and refugee matters, but his open and notorious violation of the Constitution changes that. This is the corrupt misconduct of a medieval potentate, not an American president."

Speaking with NPR Friday, Eisen said the executive action may lead to lawsuits, for example by American citizens whose family members are now barred from joining them in this country. "These decisions about who to let in and not to let into the United States can now be challenged, because there's an unconstitutional basis for the president's decision," he said.

The Institute for Policy Studies, a progressive think tank, hit the same point harder, saying Trump was "carpet-bombing U.S. foreign policy":

One might think that Egypt and Saudi Arabia, the two countries that nearly all the 9/11 hijackers came from — and which are currently known to be backing ISIS and other terrorists, in Saudi Arabia's case, and facing serious terror attacks on their own soil largely in response to government repression, in Egypt's — would be included in Trump's twisted analysis as potential sources of terrorism.

But no, those countries were ignored. Conflicts of interest? Nah, just a coincidence.

Old 02-07-2017, 01:56 PM   #283
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Blatant corruption

Old 02-07-2017, 02:57 PM   #284
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Thumbs down

Quote:
I had a round table discussion about reparations for slavery and the main proponent for this was a guy from Somalia. He said that because of systemic racism in America that he was just as entitled to money from whites as those whose ancestors were slaves. Nobody in the group challenged this viewpoint at all. Everyone nodded and said "thank you" and "that's very brave" and shit like that.

One person brought up a logistical legal issue about how in order to assure due process is served that you would 1.) have to prove that your ancestors were actually slaves and/or suffered under slavery/discrimination and 2.) only those who owned slaves/discriminated were penalized. No one said anything about this either. The discussion floated back to esoteric ramblings about systemic racism. Everyone left the discussion feeling hopeless/pissed off/shitty.
life is just so unfair!

Old 02-07-2017, 03:09 PM   #285
FoolofaTook

my ancestors were so enslaved by the greeks that the word slave comes from slav

i like being in a state of semi slavedom tbh. whatever yesenia tells me to do, i do it cheerfully and quickly, in the hopes of a smile or, eventually, passionate lovemaking.

(yesenia is my boss)

Old 02-07-2017, 04:38 PM   #286
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starla View Post
Identity politics ..one of a few reasons why I walked away from the dem party. The dems need a reformation and new leaders or we will have trump for 8 years.

hahaha

Old 02-07-2017, 05:38 PM   #287
Elphenor
Braindead

What if I told you identity politics are completely compatabile with overall economic justice

Maybe it is not the winning strategy but if anything Democrats should be applauded for putting minority rights front and center because it is the right thing to do

I mean in the US race and class are still almost synonyms

Old 02-07-2017, 05:43 PM   #288
FoolofaTook

can we please talk about yesenia instead?

i like yesenia. she feeds me and tips me and now that i've bought a couple of pairs of non-tattered non bummish jeans she has started smiling at me.

Old 02-07-2017, 05:44 PM   #289
FoolofaTook

i want to buy her a souvenir from the philippines but its near valentines day and im afraid ill creep her out by coming on too strong

fool for love

Old 02-07-2017, 05:45 PM   #290
Elphenor
Braindead

Additionally I don't remember Obama's proposed reparations bill

Or a Hillary Clinton gender affirmative action for representatives bill

It's like just the fact that they aren't white men means Identity Politics

Old 02-07-2017, 06:26 PM   #291
myosis
Minion of Satan

make a move, took
get her a souvenir
just don't mention valentine's. who cares about valentine's

Old 02-07-2017, 07:41 PM   #292
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Old 02-07-2017, 07:45 PM   #293
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Old 02-07-2017, 07:50 PM   #294
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Old 02-07-2017, 07:52 PM   #295
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Old 02-07-2017, 09:18 PM   #296
fuzzyroes
Banned

You know a mans old and out of touch when he's posting new Moby videos

Old 02-08-2017, 01:25 AM   #297
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
What if I told you identity politics are completely compatabile with overall economic justice

Maybe it is not the winning strategy but if anything Democrats should be applauded for putting minority rights front and center because it is the right thing to do

I mean in the US race and class are still almost synonyms
this

Old 02-08-2017, 01:30 AM   #298
redbreegull

there are a lot of things I don't like about the current academic paradigm of identity politics but everyone suddenly being interested in asking serious questions about oppression is not a bad thing.

and the idea that identity politics lost the Dems the election is absurd. The Dems don't need to fuck around with socially conservative blue dog types anymore, the susceptible ones all now identify as independent and split for Trump. The future of the Democratic Party is young and non-white. The Dems need to invest in their future, which means moving to the left.

It's been said many times in this thread, but if only under 30s had voted, Trump would have collected just a handful of states. The future of the Democrats looks more like Bernie Sanders than Obama or Clinton.

Old 02-08-2017, 06:24 PM   #299
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Where's that alternative healthcare plan

Old 02-08-2017, 08:11 PM   #300
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Shit or get off the pot, republicans.