Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2007, 07:19 PM   #1
kylemanor
Amish Rake Fighter

Default My original copy of Earphoria

Hey there. Been listening to SP for about a decade and actively collecting for about 5 years. I picked up a copy of Earphoria about a year or so ago and assumed that it was the rereleased version. A few days ago, for some reason, I decided to take a look at it on SPFC, and I realized that my version is different. I don't have a UPC or a "Explicit Content" sticker, and the spine code matches with what SPFC lists as the original promotional pressing. I don't have a computer at home, so I'm at my parent's house right now. I'll try to get back with some scans this week.

My question is, how much is this worth? And is there any sure-fire way to be sure this isn't a bootleg trying to masquerade as the original?

Old 06-03-2007, 07:23 PM   #2
krackhead
Apocalyptic Poster

its a fake.

Old 06-03-2007, 07:29 PM   #3
kylemanor
Amish Rake Fighter

Thanks for the insight, genius. Anyone else?

Old 06-03-2007, 07:38 PM   #4
<sp3

its prob worth as much as any other copy, and it if is bootleg, then it isnt worth anything.

Old 06-03-2007, 07:43 PM   #5
bardy
Immortal

it used to go for a pretty penny but I don't know how much it's worth now that it's been rereleased

Old 06-03-2007, 08:14 PM   #6
said badly...
Pledge

I have the original video release and I remember when those things went for 80 bucks on ebay. Good luck getting rid of it now that the DVD came out. I imagine it's the same thing with the older CDs. It was more supply and demand, but now you can just go to Amazon and get yourself a copy, or wherever.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:57 PM   #7
trev
charm

this has been discussed A LOT over the years, try searching this forum (trading forum) for "earphoria"?

http://forums.netphoria.org/showthre...ight=earphoria

Old 06-04-2007, 12:28 AM   #8
kylemanor
Amish Rake Fighter

Neat. Thanks for the link. Based on all the info there, mine's legit. I got it off Amazon buying a used copy of Earphoria. Sounds like the guy didn't know what he was selling (it was from one of those reselling farms, you know the type).

I was never interested in selling this, just curious what it was worth. Thanks for all the help.

Old 06-04-2007, 03:13 AM   #9
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=284

you have to check the matrix code.

Old 06-04-2007, 03:20 AM   #10
Veclurian
Amish Rake Fighter

Default original earphoria

To tell if its the real deal on the cd it will have the date 1994. I purchased one of these for about 50 bucks when it was selling for 150 but for some reason now that its released it only sells for about 20-60 depending on the day. I also have a 2002 promo on case and an import promo in sleeve that sell for about 20 each. Contact me at [email protected] please I would like to talk about your collection. I myself have been a fan since 1991 when I was 16 and have been collecting since 1993 but most of my collection ive been able to obtain since ebay started

Old 06-04-2007, 03:21 AM   #11
Veclurian
Amish Rake Fighter

wow thanks for that site. now i can find out what my collection is worth. I know its gotta be in the thousands

Old 06-04-2007, 03:23 AM   #12
Veclurian
Amish Rake Fighter

lol nvm they dont have the value on most of them and they dont even have any of the bootleg records i have

Old 06-04-2007, 03:43 AM   #13
Cool As Ice Cream

bootlegs are worthless. and those prices are just estimates. earphoria isn't worth $250. it's hardly worth $100.

Old 06-04-2007, 07:48 AM   #14
Wainscott
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylemanor
Hey there. Been listening to SP for about a decade and actively collecting for about 5 years. I picked up a copy of Earphoria about a year or so ago and assumed that it was the rereleased version. A few days ago, for some reason, I decided to take a look at it on SPFC, and I realized that my version is different. I don't have a UPC or a "Explicit Content" sticker, and the spine code matches with what SPFC lists as the original promotional pressing. I don't have a computer at home, so I'm at my parent's house right now. I'll try to get back with some scans this week.

My question is, how much is this worth? And is there any sure-fire way to be sure this isn't a bootleg trying to masquerade as the original?

I have an original, a bootleg and the re-release. I could compare them against any scans that you're able to take of yours and let you know what you have.

W

Old 06-04-2007, 07:57 AM   #15
Cool As Ice Cream

there are two bootlegs of earphoria up on www.spfreaks.com too.
http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=764
http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLDETAILS&item=765

for other bootlegs, you could check out cds (non-official): http://www.spfreaks.com/?page=COLLINDEX&cat=15

and you're always free to submit missing releases to spfreaks.com.