Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Best new Pumpkin since the reunion?
Jeff Schroeder 9 28.13%
Mike Byrne 2 6.25%
Nicole Fiorentino 5 15.63%
Ginger Pooley 7 21.88%
Lisa Harriton 7 21.88%
Mark Tulin 2 6.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2014, 11:36 PM   #31
Ram27
dumb

Hottest bassists:

Nicole
MADM
Darcy
ginger

Old 03-10-2014, 11:36 PM   #32
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Ginger. She was hot... Not a very good reason but it just goes to show how little the new guys have to offer.

She also contributed to a badass rhythm section... Though that's mostly due to Jimmy, it still sounded great.

I love this performance. I've probably watched/listened to it more than any other SP 2 item.
This is really good. The chorus manages to sound even more atmospheric than the studio version

Old 03-11-2014, 12:18 AM   #33
Skradgee
Boardcaster

I chose Lisa. EAT IT, KAHLO!

I think she had a good sense of what to play, and how to play it.

Old 03-11-2014, 12:33 AM   #34
Skradgee
Boardcaster

Also, Lisa was attractive in her own, more subtle ways, as opposed to Ginger for some of you mouth-breathing idiots.

Old 03-11-2014, 12:35 AM   #35
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana View Post
Jimmy was better than Billy
i dunno i can't really compare two unlike instruments like that to make that kind of comparison

bill defined a guitar sound that i search high and low for to this day. he wasn't just a shoegazer, he added american tonguewagging metal solos to the endeavor and generally carved his own niche into the wall of static i love so much

i like to say that bill is the most under-rated guitar player outside of his own head

Old 03-11-2014, 02:00 AM   #36
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
jeff, obvs.

i'm in the minority that liked the kerry/tulin era stuff .. shame things worked out the way they did but its par for the course with this "band"
Backward Clock Society was amazing. I couldn't believe how shit Tom Tom turned out when it was released as an SP song.

Old 03-11-2014, 02:04 AM   #37
morespsoon

Ginger sweet Ginger, hotness like hers is rarer and more special than good guitar playing.

Old 03-11-2014, 02:39 AM   #38
Shallowed
Braindead

Jesus you guys, I bet if Mike looked like Ginger you'd say he's the best new SP member.

Old 03-11-2014, 03:03 AM   #39
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Ahhh it feels so nice to hear differing snare tones throughout an SP song eh fellas?
Ha!...that's exactly what I've been thinking.

Old 03-11-2014, 03:19 AM   #40
morespsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
Jesus you guys, I bet if Mike looked like Ginger you'd say he's the best new SP member.
Ginger's a good bass player though. She didn't ruin anything and occasionally she added a lot. You can't say that for Mike, can you?

What I was doing earlier without saying it exactly was comparing Jeff v. Ginger, Ginger's hotness puts her way over the top in that comparison imho.

Old 03-11-2014, 03:29 AM   #41
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

"She didn't ruin anything"... erm, did her tits disable the hearing of you guys, or are tits generally more important than backing vocals?? her voice is abominable

Old 03-11-2014, 03:40 AM   #42
morespsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
"She didn't ruin anything"... erm, did her tits disable the hearing of you guys, or are tits generally more important than backing vocals?? her voice is abominable
With youtube you should be able to find an example of what you're claiming. I'll be wating.

And hotness and breast size are only marginally correlated imho.

Old 03-11-2014, 03:48 AM   #43
Shallowed
Braindead

Here we go again..

Old 03-11-2014, 04:09 AM   #44
morespsoon

Quote:
Keep waiting. And whilr you're at it pick any live recording you want with her - with spfc, LMA and splra you should be able to find plenty.

But you answered my question anyway - hotness counts. More poower to neverending puberty
I'm not taking your word for it, I didn't notice her ruining anything.

In the context of this conversation, hotness is relevant. Hotness is a part of stage presence, aura, likableness, charisma, and other similar characteristics and...

We're talking about rock and roll, at the end of the day it's mostly about having fun and sexiness and hotness are fun, it's not immature to recognize that. It's part of being human.

Last edited by morespsoon : 03-11-2014 at 04:27 AM.

Old 03-11-2014, 05:04 AM   #45
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Old 03-11-2014, 05:13 AM   #46
morespsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
Is that supposed to be an example of poor back-up vocals? I concentrated on her vocals and I liked what she did, it sounded kind of haunting, it matched the song well I'd say.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:08 AM   #47
morespsoon

Quote:
But you answered my question anyway - hotness counts. More poower to neverending puberty
Here's a real down to earth example: Would anyone want to see an unattractive person sing the following song? This isn't classical music, this is rock n roll, looks are relevant for better or worse.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:19 AM   #48
morespsoon

Quote:
To answer your question if I'd enjoy xy song performed by a rather unattractive looking musician
The example that I gave was not "xy song", it was "40 boys in 40 nights" by The Donnas. That's not just any song, I think for 99.9% of people the thought of an unattractive person singing that song would make them cringe. I was using that as an example of the fact that this is rock n roll and looks make a difference.

I love Buckethead, the guy looks like something out of a horror movie in that mask and he is weird as hell so don't the wrong ideas about me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00W7vTrXngk

Old 03-11-2014, 09:19 AM   #49
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Lol, ginger didn't add anything. She just played the way she was told.

Except for Oceania, SP bass is all beginner stuff. After Gish and until Oceania, the bass wasn't really valued.

Last edited by juliana : 03-11-2014 at 09:31 AM.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:26 AM   #50
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

He is saying no one wants to see an unattractive woman on stage. He just doesn't want to come across like a sexist piggy.

This moarspoon guy makes fuzzyroes seem like a gentleman.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:32 AM   #51
morespsoon

Quote:
He is saying no one wants to see an unattractive woman on stage. He just doesn't want to come across like a sexist piggy.

This moarspoon guy makes fuzzyroes seem like a gentleman.
I'm not saying that, how do you construe that from what I said?

Would you mind responding to what I actually posted?

In the context of this conversation, hotness is relevant. Hotness is a part of stage presence, aura, likableness, charisma, and other similar characteristics and...

We're talking about rock and roll, at the end of the day it's mostly about having fun and sexiness and hotness are fun, it's not immature to recognize that. It's part of being human.

Old 03-11-2014, 09:41 AM   #52
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

You think Billy Corgan is sexy? Are you a fan or go watch him play or choose him as your fave because you think he is sexy?

Old 03-11-2014, 09:47 AM   #53
morespsoon

Quote:
You think Billy Corgan is sexy? Are you a fan or go watch him play or choose him as your fave because you think he is sexy?
I'm not gay but he obviously is an attractive man. If you don't think that means a lot in rock n roll...

I'm trying to think of a really successful rock act that people don't think are attractive, KISS I would imagine but I'm not female so I don't know. I think the guys from ZZ Top aren't either but again I don't know how women feel about it.

Let's face it, there are probably only a handful of rock acts that achieved big popularity without being at least somewhat attractive. I would bet money on that.

Old 03-11-2014, 10:09 AM   #54
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Billy Corgan is homely to most people. So is Thom York. People pay attention to their talent first because they are men. Woman, are judged on their looks first. You are no exception, and you even try to make it seem normal.

If you are interested in looks before music ability, you don't really like music.

Old 03-11-2014, 10:35 AM   #55
Pizza Club
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
did ginger play bass for six months and then go back to california to sit on the beach is that what happened
Ginger plays for Lea Michelle/Katy Perry these days. I think she fit in the best to the classic SP song but Nicole is probably is better at everything else.

Old 03-11-2014, 10:38 AM   #56
morespsoon

Quote:
Billy Corgan is homely to most people.
Are you talking the Billy Corgan of today or the Billy Corgan who became a big rock star?

Anyways, how are you going to prove this contention of yours? And, he's a "has been" now, only what he looked like when he became a big star/was a big star would be relevant to this discussion.

Old 03-11-2014, 11:34 AM   #57
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by morespsoon View Post
I'm not saying that, how do you construe that from what I said?

Would you mind responding to what I actually posted?

So if Jessica Simpson played bass for SP would she be the best member? Or would she be second to Ginger?

Or possibly third to Nicole?

Old 03-11-2014, 11:54 AM   #58
morespsoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
So if Jessica Simpson played bass for SP would she be the best member? Or would she be second to Ginger?

Or possibly third to Nicole?
I already covered that point:

Ginger's a good bass player though. She didn't ruin anything and occasionally she added a lot. You can't say that for Mike, can you?

What I was doing earlier without saying it exactly was comparing Jeff v. Ginger, Ginger's hotness puts her way over the top in that comparison imho.

Old 03-11-2014, 12:08 PM   #59
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Ginger is a good player. If anything her playing was discounted BECAUSE of her looks. But with zero input into any of the song writing and only a couple of tours she has a lot less work with the band in comparison even to Nicole.

Her solo work and her current gig are pop music. She was capable on stage with Billy and Jimmy. But unlike Nicole or Melissa I just don't see her as a rock player.

Old 03-11-2014, 12:11 PM   #60
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza Club View Post
Ginger plays for Lea Michelle/Katy Perry these days.
Hopefully the money is good...fucking pop music >>>

)