Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2016, 05:57 PM   #1
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face
Default neurotic minutia in your every day life

So my landlord just called me (I live in an attached studio apartment) and asked me if they could come in with a pest control dude to get into the attic. The attic is like literally 2 feet high and like 3x5 feet and only accessible through the ceiling of my apartment.

I avoid having people in my apartment. It feels like space invasion and also I keep it sort of less than stellar-ly clean. What can I say, I have issues. But of course, they need to come in for pest control. In a way it's better that I didn't get to prepare for it cuz I would have freaked out the whole time.

Anyway they were in here for like 10 minutes and I survived. Well, the pest guy came in and looked at the attic and the left and came back with some tube things to put up there so I talked with my landlord dude about school and getting older and the weather and etc etc.

Someone post other neurotic minutia so I can feel less like a freak pls

Old 10-13-2016, 06:27 PM   #2
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

We've been letting our rabbit out of his enclosure to free range with the chickens but the problem is that he can get through the fence out onto the road. He never goes on the road, just hops on the footpath, but because he looks nothing like a wild rabbit people keep picking him up and taking him to vet clinics. If they left him alone he'd just come back inside. So I have to call the vet clinics today.

He'/ a grey mini lop so he looks like this

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...153a6a31ca.jpg

Except this one's a prize winner and ours is a bit more rugged, with scrappy ears from fighting with wild rabbits.

Old 10-13-2016, 06:39 PM   #3
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

can you give him a collar or something? stick a sticker on the back of his head? lol

Old 10-13-2016, 06:42 PM   #4
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Today I got a call to go to this apartment to do some extermination work. Man, was that place a dump. And the whole time, the lady who lived there was making needless small talk. AWK-WARD!

Old 10-13-2016, 06:59 PM   #5
cork_soaker
full of longing

see: other chat threads

Old 10-13-2016, 07:03 PM   #6
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to FlamingGlobes again.

For the record, I didn't make small talk with the guy. My landlord/neighbor was there and we were waiting while the exterminator went out to his van to get stuff.

Old 10-13-2016, 07:04 PM   #7
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by cork_soaker View Post
see: other chat threads
hey fuck you buddy

Old 10-13-2016, 07:08 PM   #8
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
hey fuck you buddy
I'm not your buddy guy!

Old 10-13-2016, 07:19 PM   #9
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

I'm not your guy, pal!

Old 10-13-2016, 07:21 PM   #10
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Old 10-13-2016, 08:20 PM   #11
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

every night I wash my glasses because I need to clean them once a day, so I clean them with soap and warm water and then dry them but often when I hold them up to the light I realize that it is extremely hard to make them totally clean, like there are always little smudges and spots and stuff, and it drives me FUCKINGGG NUTSZZ not even kidding sometimes I will freak the fuck out and wash them several times in a row to really show the lenses who is the boss AND OMIGOD I also recently got new glasses and they have the anti-scratch stuff on them, but just after 2 months they already have little scratches on them like they don't interfere with my vision but I KNOW THEY ARE THERE GOD DAMN AND WHY DONT MICRO FIBER CLOTHS WORK LIKE THEU ARE SUPPOSED TO?

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploa...-Screaming.gif

Old 10-13-2016, 08:24 PM   #12
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Cleaning glasses with soap and water?

Use alcohol, you goon.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:25 PM   #13
redbreegull

I dunno man my lens care sheet that came with my lens care kit says if they are really dirty I should wash with dish soap in lukewarm water

Old 10-13-2016, 08:31 PM   #14
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Don't trust no words written down on no piece of paper.

Give alcohol a chance.

Old 10-13-2016, 08:53 PM   #15
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

I got a nasty bleach burn on my scalp last year and not all of the hair in the affected area has grown back. Using coconut oil, aloe vera, various moisturizers etc. to treat it daily. Every few months I can swear there's progress, that it looks thicker, but I can never be sure. I spent a good few minutes every day in front of a mirror staring at this one fucking spot on the hairline above my eye wondering if it's fucking ever going to completely come back, or whether aging has anything to do with it.

My significant other tells me it really isn't that noticeable, yet there I am obsessing over the fact that I can see the top of my head further back in this one area than anywhere else.

Odds are good in two weeks I'm going to get a pair of silver pants from a thrift shop, pick up a razor, break out the ol' Zero longsleeve and just be Billy circa 1996 for halloween events. It's driving me crazy.

Old 10-13-2016, 09:03 PM   #16
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post

Give alcohol a chance.
ok I will

Old 10-13-2016, 10:16 PM   #17
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
every night I wash my glasses because I need to clean them once a day, so I clean them with soap and warm water and then dry them but often when I hold them up to the light I realize that it is extremely hard to make them totally clean, like there are always little smudges and spots and stuff, and it drives me FUCKINGGG NUTSZZ not even kidding sometimes I will freak the fuck out and wash them several times in a row to really show the lenses who is the boss AND OMIGOD I also recently got new glasses and they have the anti-scratch stuff on them, but just after 2 months they already have little scratches on them like they don't interfere with my vision but I KNOW THEY ARE THERE GOD DAMN AND WHY DONT MICRO FIBER CLOTHS WORK LIKE THEU ARE SUPPOSED TO?
I pretty much never clean my glasses. probably once a day on a shirt, which i know is supposed to be bad for them but i've never had a lens scratching issue even w/o scratch resistant lenses.

condolences on this particular misery though

Old 10-13-2016, 10:17 PM   #18
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
I got a nasty bleach burn on my scalp last year and not all of the hair in the affected area has grown back. Using coconut oil, aloe vera, various moisturizers etc. to treat it daily. Every few months I can swear there's progress, that it looks thicker, but I can never be sure. I spent a good few minutes every day in front of a mirror staring at this one fucking spot on the hairline above my eye wondering if it's fucking ever going to completely come back, or whether aging has anything to do with it.

My significant other tells me it really isn't that noticeable, yet there I am obsessing over the fact that I can see the top of my head further back in this one area than anywhere else.

Odds are good in two weeks I'm going to get a pair of silver pants from a thrift shop, pick up a razor, break out the ol' Zero longsleeve and just be Billy circa 1996 for halloween events. It's driving me crazy.
1. how did you burn your scalp? bleaching your hair?

2. go for it

Old 10-13-2016, 10:18 PM   #19
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

the most annoying thing was when i broke my glasses, i ordered another pair from zennioptical (shoutout for $11 glasses) and the got here in 3 days but i had to fuck around with tape for 3 days oh my god. thankfully i didnt have work any of those days so i just had to get through classes and then come home and lay down on my bed so gravity would keep them on my face and i could work on the computer

i figured out i really needed to tell my therapist about my continued drug use when i woke up and had apparently purposefully snapped both legs off of my glasses so i mean, i deserved it

Old 10-13-2016, 10:40 PM   #20
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

i am a picker. I have a dozen or so spots on my body that I pick regularly till i bleed.

I'm getting fitted for hearing aids next week because i stick things in my ears and I've fucked up my ears so bad that i damaged my hearing.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:41 PM   #21
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

real truth

Old 10-13-2016, 10:42 PM   #22
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

My brother just turned up out of the blue. The one whose contact is listed as Prodigal Son in my phone. Turned up, drank coffee, smoked cigarettes on my balcony.

He invited me to lunch, but I'm in one of my bipolar lows at the moment. So I'm wearing the same clothes I was wearing yesterday, because I slept in them.

I did do that 7 minute workout in them, and made myself scrambled eggs on gluten free toast and fruit salad with yoghurt and green tea for breakfast. I'm getting there.

I baked the kids oatmeal choc chip cookies yesterday even though I had a migraine so bad that I abandoned after school activities to take my youngest to the paediatrician (rather than force myself to fit the activities in around the appointment, which I would normally do), and told the boys to wake me up at 4:00pm so I could sleep feverishly for 10 minutes.

Two paracetamol and two ibuprofen keep the head pain at bay well enough that I can function minimally. But I have to manage it pretty carefully because they don't take effect for up to an hour.

Into day three of the migraine now. Hopefully it's gone tomorrow.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:42 PM   #23
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post

Give alcohol a chance.
In any context other than eyeglass maintenance, these could easily be the words of fuzzyroes.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:43 PM   #24
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
but i had to fuck around with tape for 3 days oh my god. thankfully i didnt have work any of those days so i just had to get through classes and then come home and lay down on my bed so gravity would keep them on my face and i could work on the computer
28if got married with his glasses taped together. for cereal

Old 10-13-2016, 10:43 PM   #25
vixnix
Socialphobic

just read scotty's update. man, we're a real bunch of fucking sad sacks here huh

you guys are my people

Old 10-13-2016, 10:44 PM   #26
redbreegull

wait vix, aren't you estranged from your brother? different brother? or am I thinking of a different boarder?

Old 10-13-2016, 10:48 PM   #27
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
i am a picker. I have a dozen or so spots on my body that I pick regularly till i bleed.

I'm getting fitted for hearing aids next week because i stick things in my ears and I've fucked up my ears so bad that i damaged my hearing.
damn man i'm sorry to hear that

i do the picking to a lesser degree, causing scarring. like i don't pick at spots regularly for months or anything but when i get an open sore i pick at it and pretty much whenever i notice it and inevitably get scars. i have lots of scars.

at one point i pulled off my entire big toe nail in chunks over two nights, like i completely removed the nail. it took about a year but it came back. it's funny, the nail doesn't grow out, like you'd expect; it kind of starts getting thicker in the entire area at the same time, until it gets thick enough i guess that it's hard like a nail should be again

that ear thing is very troubling, are you going to be able to wear the aids without fucking with them? i have to be very careful with my ears because i permanently have ear tubes in my eardrums at this point (they aren't permanent, need to get new tubes about once per year) and i always want to fuck with them but i know i'll give myself infections and not be able to hear so i really try not to. direct access to the middle ear and all

Old 10-13-2016, 10:49 PM   #28
vixnix
Socialphobic

yeah I am. He's sober at the moment, and just turns up at my house, randomly every couple of months.

At the moment he has rented a studio space (likely on my parents dime) and is starting a small company that aims to repurpose garbage and teach homeless people about electronics and give their life purpose so they can have something to do during the day other than sit on the street begging or using drugs.

Seems OK. But we still have no contact other than when he turns up at my house.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:53 PM   #29
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post

I've had a bunch of scabs on my chin for maybe three months now because I got infected ingrown hairs and just can't stop picking at them, making the area even more likely to get pimple-like infections which eventually scab over, creating a vicious cycle.

And I get hyperpigmentation from skin abrasions so now I have a bunch of dark marks there and they take forever to fade. They fade quicker now that I've started doing periodic glycolic-acid peels but they seem to have diminishing returns and it's no great help if I keep on just making more dark spots.

You've got OCD, right? I think mine is just a bad habit not related to any mental disorder. It could be an anxiety thing, I guess, but I don't think the behaviour is limited to when I'm feeling anxious, so it's probably just some thing I do.

Old 10-13-2016, 10:54 PM   #30
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
My brother just turned up out of the blue. The one whose contact is listed as Prodigal Son in my phone. Turned up, drank coffee, smoked cigarettes on my balcony.

He invited me to lunch, but I'm in one of my bipolar lows at the moment. So I'm wearing the same clothes I was wearing yesterday, because I slept in them.

I did do that 7 minute workout in them, and made myself scrambled eggs on gluten free toast and fruit salad with yoghurt and green tea for breakfast. I'm getting there.

I baked the kids oatmeal choc chip cookies yesterday even though I had a migraine so bad that I abandoned after school activities to take my youngest to the paediatrician (rather than force myself to fit the activities in around the appointment, which I would normally do), and told the boys to wake me up at 4:00pm so I could sleep feverishly for 10 minutes.

Two paracetamol and two ibuprofen keep the head pain at bay well enough that I can function minimally. But I have to manage it pretty carefully because they don't take effect for up to an hour.

Into day three of the migraine now. Hopefully it's gone tomorrow.
i'm sorry you're not feeling well, physically and mentally

i had to cancel my therapy today cause of my car. i could have actually skipped classes and probably gotten my car fixed and been able to make therapy but i guess i made a decision to do classes instead. i really wanted to go to therapy. instead i spent 3 hours and $350 on a starter. thank god i got AAA when i did. instead of 2x per week i've had therapy once per week the past three weeks. which shouldn't be a big deal but you know, ptsd and all. 1 was for jewish holiday, 1 for hurrican matthew and then today.