Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2019, 10:22 AM   #4501
ilikeplanets
Braindead

In Oregon you have to be 21 to buy cigarettes now

Old 07-16-2019, 05:46 PM   #4502
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

same in Chicago. packs are around 13 bucks but in indiana you can get them for much cheaper. that's why i can still buy loose cigarettes 2 for 1 dollar. thankfully that has never changed.

Old 07-17-2019, 01:02 AM   #4503
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
It depends on the state here. In Florida they are around $6-$8, depending on the brand.

What I've never understood is how they sell hundreds for the same price. I mean, you get like 30% more tobacco.
I looked this up once and found out you really are getting mostly filter. And also that shorts are called "kings" because at one time shorts were shorter and kings were the longer ones.

Honestly it's also a selling technique. Instead of people thinking "oh I'm smoking too much" they just start smoking 100s instead. But that's just my own hypothesis.

Old 07-17-2019, 01:12 AM   #4504
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I don't understand the point of 72s. It's like 3 drags.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:06 AM   #4505
FoolofaTook

that's weird about the filters being longer on 100s. i always felt like i was smoking so much more. and i've never had 72s. are they shorter or maybe narrower?

these days, when i break down and smoke, i rarely get through half the cigarette. it's just so disgusting. i really need to quit for good.

Old 07-17-2019, 08:44 AM   #4506
Ram27
dumb

It's weird how i'm a drunk but I had to, like, *try* to get through a pack in something like two weeks

Every time I smoked it just made all my muscles and joints ache, and my clothes smell

Old 07-17-2019, 09:20 AM   #4507
Cool As Ice Cream

you sound like a casual fan

Old 07-17-2019, 10:38 AM   #4508
FoolofaTook

yeah it's not until you're taking drags in between mouthfuls at lunch that you become a real man

man up, rambro!

Old 07-17-2019, 11:10 AM   #4509
ilikeplanets
Braindead

72s are 72 mm whereas 100s are 100 mm and the average length is 84 (kings). And then there's those awful Virginia Slim 120s. Also I never had to try to get through a pack, more like had to try to slow down. Which is why I'll have to never touch one again. I'm not a casual person.

Old 07-17-2019, 11:25 AM   #4510
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Bizarrely enough I'm a super casual drinker though. I can happily have just a glass a of wine 3 times a month and not think any more about it, and not even feel like drinking it until 5 minutes before I do. I guess ya can't choose these kinds of things.

Old 07-17-2019, 02:11 PM   #4511
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Same here, I kinda hate drinking despite being a non-practicing drug addict.

Old 07-17-2019, 06:11 PM   #4512
ovary
Ownz

i guess ive taken a bunch of oxys here and there and never felt a pull. booze is my shit, thanks mom and dad

Old 07-17-2019, 06:12 PM   #4513
ovary
Ownz

and aunts and uncles and grandmas and granddads and great great boozers

Old 07-17-2019, 08:44 PM   #4514
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovary View Post
i guess ive taken a bunch of oxys here and there and never felt a pull. booze is my shit, thanks mom and dad
I can't even read the word oxy and not feel a pull -_- I've gotten good at managing any urges though

Old 07-17-2019, 11:28 PM   #4515
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

opiates are amazing nothing will ever make me think otherwise. i don't know if i'll ever be able to have access without all reason going out the window

Old 07-17-2019, 11:40 PM   #4516
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

never took enough to get hooked

but marijiuana and tobacco on the other hand

would quite happily slip into a numbed up world of dreams and pass the time in the comfort and safety of my own unchecked desires and a lot of music and long walks

alcohol just makes me sick

Old 07-17-2019, 11:40 PM   #4517
Ram27
dumb

never tried opiates. kinda scared to cause downers are very much my thing; i'm too anxious and fidgity sober

______

i was prescribed gabapentin and first day i took it and went to work i actually talked to my coworkers like a people. drugs are cool

Old 07-17-2019, 11:42 PM   #4518
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I've never seen 100s in NZ or Australia. When I was in the U.S. I started smoking Marlboro Ultra Lights 100s or something and someone commented that it was stupid; I should just smoke smaller regular cigarettes

I was quite taken with the novelty though. And the price. And the 2-for-1 deals and free packs at youth events...

Old 07-17-2019, 11:43 PM   #4519
vixnix
Socialphobic

I knew I had an addictive kind of personality so i told myself I would try all drugs once, but synthetics, only once

and then I went on to develop a marijuana dependency, like the freak outlier that I am

Old 07-18-2019, 01:03 AM   #4520
ilikeplanets
Braindead

del del shut up, ilp no one care

Last edited by ilikeplanets : 07-18-2019 at 01:21 AM.

Old 07-18-2019, 01:24 AM   #4521
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
would quite happily slip into a numbed up world of dreams and pass the time in the comfort and safety of my own unchecked desires and a lot of music and long walks
At least you went for walks instead of like, lying in bed all day, only moving to eat and jerk off.

Old 07-18-2019, 01:48 AM   #4522
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
never took enough to get hooked

but marijiuana and tobacco on the other hand

alcohol just makes me sick
marijuana is definitely the best drug in general, but only with chronic use. if you only use once in a while, well, it totally incapacitates me. not in a bad way but... it's intense. opiates feel better and don't make me feel anxious like weed can, but the other side effects (physical addiction) and dangerousness makes pot win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
never tried opiates. kinda scared to cause downers are very much my thing; i'm too anxious and fidgity sober

______

i was prescribed gabapentin and first day i took it and went to work i actually talked to my coworkers like a people. drugs are cool
i had to get off gabapentin cause i was taking a shitload at once. i dunno why it's not scheduled, feels like straight up mdma body high to me. but it took, like... a lot. i learned it has no known LD50 and took that to mean, you can take 50 grams in two days if you want

Old 07-18-2019, 01:48 AM   #4523
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
It depends on the state here. In Florida they are around $6-$8, depending on the brand.

What I've never understood is how they sell hundreds for the same price. I mean, you get like 30% more tobacco.
305s $4.27 with tax

Old 07-18-2019, 03:17 AM   #4524
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Gabapentin and nortryptaline/amitriptyline seem to be prescribed for everything nowadays. It's like the new welbutrin.

Old 07-18-2019, 04:49 AM   #4525
FoolofaTook

weed, tobacco, and coffee are the only drugs i've struggled with over long periods of time. i usually have no trouble controlling myself with hard drugs. the highs are too intense and the comedowns too harsh for abuse.

that said, i agree with reprise that weed is too strong for me if i haven't been using it regularly. especially sativas. anxiety, paranoia, racing and depressive thoughts, even nausea... sheesh kebab! not pleasant.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:24 AM   #4526
run2pee
Minion of Satan

When i was in my 20’s i was bummed if my latest sack didn’t have the sativa kick. Wanted to stay up all night writing guitar riffs and poetry and stuff. Now i just wanna relax and have my old aching body shut up for awhile, so it’s indica please. Sativa just makes me paranaoid and antisocial

Old 07-18-2019, 08:31 AM   #4527
yo soy el mejor

i can't tell the difference

Old 07-18-2019, 09:00 AM   #4528
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Del again, I'm not able to talk about my feelings properly, aww

Last edited by ilikeplanets : 07-18-2019 at 09:33 AM.

Old 07-20-2019, 05:16 AM   #4529
Shallowed
Braindead

The other night I went to a free gig, this was another avant-garde one featuring three drummers, one of whom I have performed with several times, including for my my own gig. I was meant to meet someone from a group chat I made for local gig-goers, but I didn't realise she'd be getting into town so late, and she missed the performance. I still got to introduce her to some people in the scene, and show her around some of the exhibitions at the venue, which doubles as an art space.

After the show, one of my art/music scene friends (the one that I trespassed on construction scaffolding with a while ago) dropped by for a while to discuss with one of the venue managers about a two-day long drone festival she's organising. Unfortunately I won't be able to perform because there are already as many artists on the bill that can be accommodated, but I can take photos, which will probably be the first gig since February that I'll be photographing with my DSLR.

I hung out with her for the night, planning to go back to hers, smoke weed, and crash on her couch, then we bumped into some friends of hers, who said they were going to do some nangs. However they were being indecisive and laggy about where they were going to go and what they were going to do. We decided to head back to hers without them, but trespassed on a construction site and smoked some of her weed together. Her friends then walked past, eading to her place, so we joined up with them, went back to her place, and had the best nangs I've ever had while listening to various arty EDM tunes. She rolled a spliff with (according to her) enough weed for all six of us, but the other four left not long after she finished rolling it. So we had it between us. I think her weed might be pretty mellow, because I only got a mild to medium buzz on it, but it was very much appreciated all the same.

It was a great night.

I've had a pretty good week overall, actually. A bit manic, but I'm keeping a leash on it.

Old 07-20-2019, 05:21 AM   #4530
Shallowed
Braindead

Also, re: sharing cigs

Even more relevant since both venues my last two stories were set in are right by Myers Park.