Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2016, 12:14 AM   #3181
Elphenor
Braindead

everyone knows the person who's going to send the food back no matter what

Old 12-25-2016, 12:14 AM   #3182
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
look one time I gave a kid a happy meal with 6 nuggets instead of 4 which is a whopping 1 penny increase and the woman brought it back up and made me exchange it for an entirely new 4 piece
One time at the pizza place, somebody ordered a 10" pizza. A 14" pizza was made by mistake. Even though he got charged for a 10" and thus received more food, he brought the pizza back, pitched a fit and forced us to make him a new, 10" pizza.

I mean, come on. I honestly hope whatever happened to that person, he has either died or will die in a house fire.

Old 12-25-2016, 12:15 AM   #3183
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I get so nervous when going to order and I can't see the person. I put what I want in my phone and read off it at drive thrus (or I'm like give me the number 6 that's it thank you). I can't imagine being so oblivious that you haven't given it even a bit of thought despite driving there.

Old 12-25-2016, 12:15 AM   #3184
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
everyone knows the person who's going to send the food back no matter what
Send it back at your own risk. Just sayin'.

Old 12-25-2016, 12:15 AM   #3185
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
One time at the pizza place, somebody ordered a 10" pizza. A 14" pizza was made by mistake. Even though he got charged for a 10" and thus received more food, he brought the pizza back, pitched a fit and forced us to make him a new, 10" pizza.

I mean, come on. I honestly hope whatever happened to that person, he has either died or will die in a house fire.
I hope so too. I would love a mistake like that. Obligatory fat joke

Old 12-25-2016, 12:15 AM   #3186
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Also, don't order food 15 minutes before close, lest you wish to run the risk of cleaning products mixing in with your food by mistake.

Old 12-25-2016, 12:16 AM   #3187
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I have nevrr actually sent food back or even said anything because I'm pretty much happy with anything

Old 12-25-2016, 12:18 AM   #3188
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie View Post
I have nevrr actually sent food back or even said anything because I'm pretty much happy with anything
Yeah, I mean unless the food is undercooked (I did have to send back undercooked chicken once) or if I pick a giant pubic hair from betwixt my teeth, there's no way I'm sending the food back.

Old 12-25-2016, 12:18 AM   #3189
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Send it back at your own risk. Just sayin'.
honestly messing with the food crossed a line for me and I never saw anything like that happen even to the really rude customers and if I did I would have reported it

Old 12-25-2016, 12:20 AM   #3190
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, I mean unless the food is undercooked (I did have to send back undercooked chicken once) or if I pick a giant pubic hair from betwixt my teeth, there's no way I'm sending the food back.
I got undercooked chicken in a salad at butterfield market before and I didn't complain. Just threw it out and then went back the next day for lunch

Old 12-25-2016, 12:21 AM   #3191
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Also, don't order food 15 minutes before close, lest you wish to run the risk of cleaning products mixing in with your food by mistake.
we were a 24 hour store and any time there was a customer past midnight I had to shut the headset volume off because the grill crew members would be so pissed

Old 12-25-2016, 12:21 AM   #3192
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I've never in my life sent food back. I'm not sure I have ever even complained about the way my food came. The only kind of issue I have ever made a big deal about at a restaurant, to my memory, is getting overcharged or something like that.

Old 12-25-2016, 12:22 AM   #3193
Elphenor
Braindead

I have never complained and never felt like anything was worthy of a complaint

Old 12-25-2016, 12:23 AM   #3194
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
just remember if you don't tell them the size and drink before you start listing off the orders of your 7 kids you gonna have to repeat all that

At first I tried to just memorize everything even though the computer wouldn't let me enter it yet but that's asking for disaster as when you read it back customer will not be paying attention
man when i was working at burger king when i was 18 there was a dude that came through who would list his order and wouldn't tell you the size until last, he KNEW we were going to ask and he'd have to repeat it but he like made a thing out of wanting to finish like he was so annoyed that we'd stop him to ask him what size EVERY TIME and he ordered different shit for like 6 people so it'd be like

"I want a number 1 with cheese no pickles extra onions catsup on both sides of the burger"
"sir, is that a small, me-"
"I said I want a number 1 with cheese no pickles and I want a number 7 with onion rings instead of fries"
"sir, is that -"
"HANG ON LET ME FINISH. [gets 5 more things]"
"so with the number 1 i want it large with a sprite, can you actually give me a sprite and a vanilla shake, number 7 small with a coke etc"
"that number 1 was with cheese no pickles no onions extra-"
"NO YOU IDIOT EXTRA ONIONS CATSUP ON BOTH SIDES, BOTH SIDES"

/kills self

also we only used one window so you were getting money and giving out food while dealing with taking orders

Old 12-25-2016, 12:24 AM   #3195
Elphenor
Braindead

one time I ordered a pizza with pineapple

they called me and said they were out of pineapple I said no problem send me the pizza anyway

they sent me a plain pizza and charged me for the pineapple

that's a free pizza I didn't cash in on basically

Old 12-25-2016, 12:26 AM   #3196
redbreegull

My father is an easily incensed fellow, and one time at a Carrabba's my family had an issue with another family who felt we had stolen their seats, and it ended with my dad warning this guy, "Don't you put your fucking hands on me," and then five seconds later hitting the guy full force (open palm) in the chest with both hands so hard he was knocked off his feet and landed on a table behind him.

Old 12-25-2016, 12:26 AM   #3197
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
honestly messing with the food crossed a line for me and I never saw anything like that happen even to the really rude customers and if I did I would have reported it
I never did it personally and I never saw someone willingly tamper with the food. Really though, in the best case scenario, if you send your food back, your next meal will be rushed out/half-assed. Especially if you complain about a burger being too pink. The cook will pretty much slap it back on the grill, press down hard with a spatula until it's dry as shit and send it back out. Not worth it.

Old 12-25-2016, 12:27 AM   #3198
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
My father is an easily incensed fellow, and one time at a Carrabba's my family had an issue with another family who felt we had stolen their seats, and it ended with my dad warning this guy, "Don't you put your fucking hands on me," and then five seconds later hitting the guy full force (open palm) in the chest with both hands so hard he was knocked off his feet and landed on a table behind him.
And kids, that's the story of how I met your mother.

Old 12-25-2016, 12:28 AM   #3199
Elphenor
Braindead

haha that's something I'd be fine with oh you wanted it to have no flavor here you go mate

you deserve to have tastebuds removed if you pull that "too pink" thing with burgers

Old 12-25-2016, 12:29 AM   #3200
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Also, on the subject of late orders, prepare to have stuff microwaved so the cooks can rush it out and go the fuck home.

Old 12-25-2016, 12:32 AM   #3201
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
man when i was working at burger king when i was 18 there was a dude that came through who would list his order and wouldn't tell you the size until last, he KNEW we were going to ask and he'd have to repeat it but he like made a thing out of wanting to finish like he was so annoyed that we'd stop him to ask him what size EVERY TIME and he ordered different shit for like 6 people so it'd be like

"I want a number 1 with cheese no pickles extra onions catsup on both sides of the burger"
"I said I want a number 1 with cheese no pickles and I want a number 7 with onion rings instead of fries"
"sir, is that -"
"so with the number 1 i want it large with a sprite, can you actually give me a sprite and a vanilla shake, number 7 small with a coke etc"

/kills self

also we only used one window so you were getting money and giving out food while dealing with taking orders
I feel this so hard

After a year and a half I really would just not even pay attention to anything after "what size" if it wasn't an answer to that question

Old 12-25-2016, 10:27 AM   #3202
crabshack
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
just remember if you don't tell them the size and drink before you start listing off the orders of your 7 kids you gonna have to repeat all that

At first I tried to just memorize everything even though the computer wouldn't let me enter it yet but that's asking for disaster as when you read it back customer will not be paying attention
I rarely specify size and they give me a medium. Seems logical. If I cared enough to specify for a small or large I would ask.

Old 12-25-2016, 10:53 AM   #3203
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post

"sir, is that -"

/kills self

unsurprisingly, you sound incredibly composed and laid back.

whenever i worked in customer service in my life, whenever i'd run into micro(?)-aggressions like this i would have a hard time containing the fucking burning rage i felt. i'd gotten much better over the years, i think, but few things on this planet anger me more than genuinely rude people. and sadly, they are abundant.

Old 12-25-2016, 11:11 AM   #3204
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

yeah I don't generally let people get to me. if they get personal I will seethe a little. but that rarely happens. i've had people come back and apologize to me before. when people get really mad and think i'm somehow trying to make their life hard (like when they are sending money with western union and WU has some ridiculous info they require) i just remind them i'm trying to help and that usually does the trick.

honestly, the confrontation of meeting anger with anger scares the shit out of me, i don't know how people handle it. it's incredibly uncomfortable when it does happen to me, which is like 1-2 times a year. i feel like i have no control over the situation and anything could happen. i guess that's not necessarily a bad way to feel but to me it is excruciating

Old 12-25-2016, 11:25 AM   #3205
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

i definitely feel that.

many times i sort of wish i was better at fighting. when i used to work at the sound department at Big Brother in Israel, i would consistently find myself fascinated by how people not only not shy away from confrontation, but they actively agitate it to the point of combustion. i can't say that's an admirable quality by any means, and to be fair BB cast members are probably not what you'd consider normative anyway, but sometimes i do wish i knew how to fight better.

Old 12-25-2016, 11:30 AM   #3206
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I tend to argue and yell a lot when people get confrontational with me. And it's one of those things where I won't let the other person have the last word. It's stupid and it's not something i'm proud of.

All my life I've been trying to not let anyone get to me in that way anymore, but alas, sometimes it still happens.

Old 12-25-2016, 02:24 PM   #3207
freshfacedyouth
Ownz

people have rarely gotten angry with me at mcdonald's, but one time when i was first starting out a customer thought my manager was getting condescending with him. he kept going on and on about it, perpetuating the situation for no real reason, even though she was being super polite.

she took a food break shortly after and, without looking at her, i asked her if she was alright. i looked up right after asking and she was crying. i wasn't sure how to handle that and felt really embarrassed, so i said "sorry" in a rushed tone and moved on with my sweeping

Old 12-25-2016, 08:33 PM   #3208
FoolofaTook

Every time I see your avatar I feel like taking a crowbar to your face.

Old 12-25-2016, 10:04 PM   #3209
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshfacedyouth View Post
people have rarely gotten angry with me at mcdonald's, but one time when i was first starting out a customer thought my manager was getting condescending with him. he kept going on and on about it, perpetuating the situation for no real reason, even though she was being super polite.

she took a food break shortly after and, without looking at her, i asked her if she was alright. i looked up right after asking and she was crying. i wasn't sure how to handle that and felt really embarrassed, so i said "sorry" in a rushed tone and moved on with my sweeping
So many people at the mcdonalds franchises in cape coral florida and theyre all terrible

Old 12-25-2016, 10:04 PM   #3210
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Not the employees. The customers. It is bad