Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2008, 05:47 AM   #1
TuralyonW3
Immortal
 
TuralyonW3's Avatar
 
Posts: 24,691
Default people into cool msuc (i'm hardcore celluoid love) check out my band

http://www.myspace.com/somanoir


 
TuralyonW3 is offline
Old 05-01-2008, 06:50 AM   #2
Luke de Spa
someone more...punk rock?
 
Luke de Spa's Avatar
 
Location: Ice cream pig out in M1-aud is why i don't play plug in baby the wrong way, like you
Posts: 22,227
Default

Muse, anyone?

 
Luke de Spa is offline
Old 05-01-2008, 06:50 AM   #3
TuralyonW3
Immortal
 
TuralyonW3's Avatar
 
Posts: 24,691
Default

radiohead

 
TuralyonW3 is offline
Old 05-01-2008, 07:01 AM   #4
TuralyonW3
Immortal
 
TuralyonW3's Avatar
 
Posts: 24,691
Default

or rather magik markers

 
TuralyonW3 is offline
Old 05-01-2008, 08:07 AM   #5
Kahlo
RIP Monte
 
Kahlo's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,893
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
or rather magik markers
saw them live on Saturday. Absolutely shit

 
Kahlo is offline
Old 05-01-2008, 09:00 AM   #6
Thaniel Buckner
Minion of Satan
 
Thaniel Buckner's Avatar
 
Location: kicksville
Posts: 7,035
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlo View Post
saw them live on Saturday. Absolutely shit my trousers because they were fucking brill to the max.
fyp

 
Thaniel Buckner is offline
Old 05-01-2008, 09:02 AM   #7
Thaniel Buckner
Minion of Satan
 
Thaniel Buckner's Avatar
 
Location: kicksville
Posts: 7,035
Default

i hope i emulated Kahlo's faggy manner of speaking well enough.

 
Thaniel Buckner is offline
Old 05-01-2008, 09:25 AM   #8
JapanAlex
Apocalyptic Poster
 
JapanAlex's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Donut's
Posts: 1,216
Default

hay! -- back off the kahlo!

 
JapanAlex is offline
Old 05-01-2008, 09:26 AM   #9
JapanAlex
Apocalyptic Poster
 
JapanAlex's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Donut's
Posts: 1,216
Default

the music's not bad - but production? heard of it?

 
JapanAlex is offline
Old 05-02-2008, 12:24 AM   #10
TuralyonW3
Immortal
 
TuralyonW3's Avatar
 
Posts: 24,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JapanAlex View Post
production
not a fan sorry

 
TuralyonW3 is offline
Old 05-01-2008, 10:23 AM   #11
aurel
Apocalyptic Poster
 
aurel's Avatar
 
Location: Maximum Homosapien crammed down your HaHa hole.
Posts: 2,339
Default

Any chance you could sendspace the tracks? Can't access myspace but would like to hear.

 
aurel is offline
Old 05-01-2008, 10:28 AM   #12
Kahlo
RIP Monte
 
Kahlo's Avatar
 
Posts: 16,893
Default

to be honest their set started off really shitty, but this was more to do with the sound in the venue.

It took them about 10 minutes to hit their stride and when they did it was pretty entertaining. Then suddenly they overran their time and where told to leave the stage - this resulted in some furious guitar playing and a guitar being hurled angrily across the stage.. this was pretty awesome to watch

 
Kahlo is offline
Old 05-01-2008, 10:42 AM   #13
???
Minion of Satan
 
???'s Avatar
 
Location: \(_o)/
Posts: 8,662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post


 
??? is offline
Old 05-01-2008, 01:14 PM   #14
I_was_aborted
Minion of Satan
 
I_was_aborted's Avatar
 
Location: chicago
Posts: 5,440
Default

The drums constantly drag whenever they are present. Also most of the noise stuff just sounds like you've just gotten home from the guitar store with a new distortion pedal you've never used before. I understand the style you're going for but even in that style of music, control over the sound you're making is important. It sounds like the sounds you make are just from turning everything up to 10 and messing around rather than having it thought out at all. I think some of what I heard could be cool if it had some better rhythm in general.

Last edited by I_was_aborted : 05-01-2008 at 02:29 PM.

 
I_was_aborted is offline
Old 05-01-2008, 07:16 PM   #15
JapanAlex
Apocalyptic Poster
 
JapanAlex's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Donut's
Posts: 1,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_was_aborted View Post
The drums constantly drag whenever they are present. Also most of the noise stuff just sounds like you've just gotten home from the guitar store with a new distortion pedal you've never used before. I understand the style you're going for but even in that style of music, control over the sound you're making is important. It sounds like the sounds you make are just from turning everything up to 10 and messing around rather than having it thought out at all. I think some of what I heard could be cool if it had some better rhythm in general.
probably the best answer in this thread

 
JapanAlex is offline
Old 05-02-2008, 12:22 AM   #16
TuralyonW3
Immortal
 
TuralyonW3's Avatar
 
Posts: 24,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_was_aborted View Post
The drums constantly drag whenever they are present. Also most of the noise stuff just sounds like you've just gotten home from the guitar store with a new distortion pedal you've never used before. I understand the style you're going for but even in that style of music, control over the sound you're making is important. It sounds like the sounds you make are just from turning everything up to 10 and messing around rather than having it thought out at all. I think some of what I heard could be cool if it had some better rhythm in general.
thanks but this thread was directed toward people into cool music

and lack of control is one of the main things we go for, and I like shambly drums

edit: not to come off like a dick...I used to be in a very tight, highly produced band, and I know what exactly what you're talking about, it's just not what I'm into anymore. I prefer the sound of chaos and fucking around. It's what the kind of bands I listen to sound like. some of the magik markers cdrs sound way more war and random than this stuff.

Last edited by TuralyonW3 : 05-02-2008 at 12:30 AM.

 
TuralyonW3 is offline
Old 05-02-2008, 12:46 AM   #17
I_was_aborted
Minion of Satan
 
I_was_aborted's Avatar
 
Location: chicago
Posts: 5,440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
thanks but this thread was directed toward people into cool music

and lack of control is one of the main things we go for, and I like shambly drums

edit: not to come off like a dick...I used to be in a very tight, highly produced band, and I know what exactly what you're talking about, it's just not what I'm into anymore. I prefer the sound of chaos and fucking around. It's what the kind of bands I listen to sound like. some of the magik markers cdrs sound way more war and random than this stuff.
You're missing the point though. You're stuff just mostly sounds like you can't play very well at all and you're even unfamiliar with how to work your equipment properly. I've heard Sun0))) Boris Magik Markers Acid Mothers Temple Animal Collective or whatever other chaos noise type band you want to list. You still sound way amateur comparatively. There is a different between rough and chaotic music and people just fiddling around poorly without much thought or intention. Its not even about production quality really, more about the overall feel. I guess I just can't get into music this abstract, there is nothing to keep my attention at all.

 
I_was_aborted is offline
Old 05-02-2008, 12:49 AM   #18
TuralyonW3
Immortal
 
TuralyonW3's Avatar
 
Posts: 24,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_was_aborted View Post
I've heard Sun0))) Boris Magik Markers Acid Mothers Temple Animal Collective or whatever other chaos noise type band you want to list.
lol

 
TuralyonW3 is offline
Old 05-02-2008, 01:40 AM   #19
JapanAlex
Apocalyptic Poster
 
JapanAlex's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Donut's
Posts: 1,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_was_aborted View Post
You're missing the point though. You're stuff just mostly sounds like you can't play very well at all and you're even unfamiliar with how to work your equipment properly. I've heard Sun0))) Boris Magik Markers Acid Mothers Temple Animal Collective or whatever other chaos noise type band you want to list. You still sound way amateur comparatively. There is a different between rough and chaotic music and people just fiddling around poorly without much thought or intention. Its not even about production quality really, more about the overall feel. I guess I just can't get into music this abstract, there is nothing to keep my attention at all.
what you said is right but he's not going to take it now is he?

most people can't take criticism even positive criticism

 
JapanAlex is offline
Old 05-01-2008, 02:53 PM   #20
celluloid_love
Minion of Satan
 
celluloid_love's Avatar
 
Location: creepyu
Posts: 7,225
Default

music's good man, but change the name

 
celluloid_love is offline
Old 05-02-2008, 12:23 AM   #21
TuralyonW3
Immortal
 
TuralyonW3's Avatar
 
Posts: 24,691
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid_love View Post
music's good man, but change the name
you think? another guy in the band came up with it, i was so so on it.

 
TuralyonW3 is offline
Old 05-02-2008, 12:27 AM   #22
Luke de Spa
someone more...punk rock?
 
Luke de Spa's Avatar
 
Location: Ice cream pig out in M1-aud is why i don't play plug in baby the wrong way, like you
Posts: 22,227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
you think? another guy in the band came up with it, i was so so on it.
soma noir = teen goth band name. there's a band here called the moon whispers and i immediately thought of them

 
Luke de Spa is offline
Old 05-02-2008, 12:30 AM   #23
TuralyonW3
Immortal
 
TuralyonW3's Avatar
 
Posts: 24,691
Default

band name submissions are welcome. we used to be discordian collective but that was pretty gay

 
TuralyonW3 is offline
Old 05-02-2008, 12:33 AM   #24
Luke de Spa
someone more...punk rock?
 
Luke de Spa's Avatar
 
Location: Ice cream pig out in M1-aud is why i don't play plug in baby the wrong way, like you
Posts: 22,227
Default

daddy lolbutts

 
Luke de Spa is offline
Old 05-02-2008, 01:31 AM   #25
Eric Blair
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Eric Blair's Avatar
 
Location: Let's hang ourselves immediately!
Posts: 2,274
Default

Animal Collective is pretty chaotic but not as chaotic as you're grammar i was aborted

 
Eric Blair is offline
Old 05-02-2008, 01:37 AM   #26
I'm Hardcore
Banned
 
I'm Hardcore's Avatar
 
Location: so 1994 I could die
Posts: 15,971
Default

why would anyone take i_was_aborted seriously in this thread

 
I'm Hardcore is offline
Old 05-02-2008, 01:42 AM   #27
JapanAlex
Apocalyptic Poster
 
JapanAlex's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Donut's
Posts: 1,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Hardcore View Post
why would anyone take i_was_aborted seriously in this thread
well 1. he's spot on here and 2. if you were any fan of music you would have to listen to him outright (at least on this thread) >.<

oh and ps it really is only the production side which has let you down

Last edited by JapanAlex : 05-02-2008 at 01:49 AM.

 
JapanAlex is offline
Old 05-02-2008, 01:40 AM   #28
celluloid_love
Minion of Satan
 
celluloid_love's Avatar
 
Location: creepyu
Posts: 7,225
Default

or in any other thread?

 
celluloid_love is offline
Old 05-02-2008, 01:41 AM   #29
I'm Hardcore
Banned
 
I'm Hardcore's Avatar
 
Location: so 1994 I could die
Posts: 15,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by celluloid_love View Post
or in any other thread?
especially this one


also, fuck off japan alex

 
I'm Hardcore is offline
Old 05-02-2008, 01:43 AM   #30
JapanAlex
Apocalyptic Poster
 
JapanAlex's Avatar
 
Location: Mr. Donut's
Posts: 1,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Hardcore View Post
especially this one


also, fuck off japan alex
is that you in your avatar?

lol

 
JapanAlex is offline
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BLOG Frankenstein General Chat Archive 13 01-30-2008 10:30 AM
Hey moderators, why did you guys ban Warsaw. TuralyonW3 General Chat Archive 10 05-15-2007 09:49 PM
Attention moderators: This is the Warsaw speaking Tommy Ballsack General Chat Archive 47 05-15-2007 07:01 PM
why do you guys hate me so much? Floppy Nono General Chat Archive 39 03-06-2007 02:09 PM
Sleeper's Amazin' Asians Lie General Chat Archive 254 07-21-2006 06:12 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright 1998-2014