Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2018, 08:55 PM   #91
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
Fuzzy, YOU ARE a stinker!

I hate the Spice Girls too, but Melanie C's "Northern Star" is an all time classic:

Not sure if I'm being played or if I should actually listen to the Mel C solo album

Old 05-15-2018, 08:58 PM   #92
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3 View Post
There's some great stuff in the full interview about the creative dynamic with the other bandmates
I love how Billy Corgan spent years ranting and raving about how James contributed nothing and dismissing his contribution any chance he had and now that he's back Billy's talking about how much he contributes.

There's really no point of listening to anything Billy says at this point.

Old 05-15-2018, 09:45 PM   #93
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Not sure if I'm being played or if I should actually listen to the Mel C solo album
Actually she's put out already seven albums...

Here's the second step for your listening torture:

Old 05-16-2018, 02:50 AM   #94
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
lol that's funny you mention the Trump comparison. I've thought that before too. They're definitely the same kind of people. Trumps actually more gracious though. Billy always kind of always downgrades his peers while Trump will just give praise. It's different now with political opponents, but that's the case with any politician.
Trump regarding his every project: “everyone says it’s greatest thing ever”

Corgan every time he starts a new album: “everyone close to me says it’s the greatest music I’ve ever written.”

Old 05-16-2018, 02:54 AM   #95
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Bonus:

If...

Corgan = Trump

Then...

Linda Strawberry = Tomi Lahren

Old 05-16-2018, 02:38 PM   #96
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncg View Post
Corgan every time he starts a new album: “everyone close to me says it’s the greatest music I’ve ever written.”
Oh boy

Just ONCE I'd like to hear him say "Well, I think it's pretty good -and I hope you like it too!"

Someone put me in charge of Billy's PR.

Old 05-16-2018, 03:05 PM   #97
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funbags View Post
Oh boy

Just ONCE I'd like to hear him say "Well, I think it's pretty good -and I hope you like it too!"

Someone put me in charge of Billy's PR.
For real. lol

I remember reading the the machina era o board getting all excited reading quotes about how, “this is the best music Billy has ever written ever. Then, of course, when the album finally came out I was let down.

(No offense to machina by the way but there’s no way in hell anyone listened to those demos and thought, “WOW this is DEFINITELY better than SD and MCIS.”)

By the time TFE came out I was starting to figure out that this was a pattern. lol. Now every time Billy has a project in the works and the press comes out about it being the next Sgt Pepper I just roll my eyes half expecting it never even to come out.

Old 05-16-2018, 05:27 PM   #98
SPLATTER
Demi-God

he always talks about how hard the people in the midwest worked and how all the cool people in ny just wanna be seen. and yet his dad was a musician/drug dealer and his moms were who knows what, and his bothers are who knows what

it's this same blue collar chicago upbringing bs he uses to give him authority to hate on jews as globalists

but billy boy thinks he deserves his millions more than anyone else b/c he earned it more than anyone else. but the truth is he all he did was write songs and play music that made money and connected with people bc it was marketed by huge corporations.

lots of people work harder and do more for society. he'd never aknowledge that.

Old 05-16-2018, 07:07 PM   #99
fuzzyroes
Banned

Good point. Few bands in the 90's were pushed harder by the major label machine than the Smashing Pumpkins were.

Old 05-17-2018, 08:54 AM   #100
SPLATTER
Demi-God

Quote:
“I think there are people in the world that are sold the globalist vision of the world, that we’re all going to hold hands one day and the world’s just going to get along. And they ignore all these crazy threats around the world. They’re living in a la la land. I don’t want any part of the la la land. I believe in the American vision of the dream, and I think we’ve done a pretty good job. I’ll stick with America first. The globalist shit freaks me — I think people like that are working for other people. They pretend to working for America, they’re not working for America, which is why they go after people like me.”
who is the we?

https://consequenceofsound.net/2017/...l-experiences/

Old 05-17-2018, 09:04 AM   #101
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

We, the people. The globalists are definitely out to get Billy Corgan. His message is too powerful.

Old 05-20-2018, 12:02 AM   #102
selection7
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncg View Post
Part two was aired Sunday on apple radio. It literally made me sick how everything that came out of his mouth very subtly either built him up into a god or completely disrespected someone else. Seriously fuck this dude. Textbook narcissist.

Billy = the Donald Trump of alternative rock
Billy lacks soft skills for sure, but I actually kind of like that he doesn't bother with false modesty. It's also telling to see people on this board getting aggravated about him talking up his work ethic, of all things. In 25 years I've literally never heard one person question his commitment...many even describing him as almost maniacally driven (Butch Vig and D'arcy included). Billy can't even say something as obviously true as that without being criticized as arrogant. Some things never change. With respect to current-day Billy, I don't much care, but it has made me sad thinking about how many people didn't appreciate TSP in their heyday because their own insecurities just wouldn't let them...they couldn't get past the man behind it.

Old 05-20-2018, 01:25 AM   #103
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

i can't get past your dad's behind

Old 05-21-2018, 08:14 AM   #104
SPLATTER
Demi-God

it's not questioning his work ethic. it's the fact he can't talk about something he does well (work ethic) without implying or outright saying he's an iconoclast for it and everyone else is inferior.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:21 AM   #105
FoolofaTook

who your dad?

Old 05-21-2018, 09:05 AM   #106
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by selection7 View Post
Billy lacks soft skills for sure, but I actually kind of like that he doesn't bother with false modesty. It's also telling to see people on this board getting aggravated about him talking up his work ethic, of all things. In 25 years I've literally never heard one person question his commitment...many even describing him as almost maniacally driven (Butch Vig and D'arcy included). Billy can't even say something as obviously true as that without being criticized as arrogant. Some things never change. With respect to current-day Billy, I don't much care, but it has made me sad thinking about how many people didn't appreciate TSP in their heyday because their own insecurities just wouldn't let them...they couldn't get past the man behind it.
he's got a terrible work ethic these days

he thinks that because he worked harder than anyones ever worked before ever in the 90s he's earned his place alongside ACDC or the Rolling Stones as someone the world owes an audience to and all he has to do is put out a mediocre album once in a while to sell out arenas

Old 05-21-2018, 09:06 AM   #107
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
who your dad?
same as yours - God the father

Old 05-21-2018, 09:16 AM   #108
FoolofaTook

more like God the fucker

Old 05-21-2018, 09:16 AM   #109
FoolofaTook

GODFUCKER: best black metal band name ever!

Old 05-21-2018, 09:17 AM   #110
FoolofaTook

Damn, too late: https://www.metal-archives.com/artists/Godfucker/96460

Old 05-21-2018, 09:18 AM   #111
FoolofaTook

https://www.metal-archives.com/image...rtist.jpg?4719

Old 05-21-2018, 11:24 AM   #112
incubator
Apocalyptic Poster

dont dox me

Old 05-25-2018, 04:30 PM   #113
KissesandNoise
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
It basically comes down to that Billy fooled D'arcy for nearly two years about his opinion of her being involved again in the Smashing Pumpkins. If you still want to tell it involved at all...
I'm not so sure of that. In the end, this is a professional endeavor and if she provided what the band needs it would be so much better to have her there. Weren't the early talks about the split to be 22% for the other 3? That's not bad for a Billy-run band I would guess. It could be that those 2 years proved she was not quite up to par. She invited him to a farm in Michigan and he didn't come out. That's fair to point out that he didn't try from that perspective. But isn't this story from the band that she was invited to LA (a little more conducive to band meetings than rural Michigan) and she never came out either? That's a red flag. Being asked to come out then giving a shoulder injury reason/excuse is also a red flag. If you were on a sports team you'd be cut. There was another text where there was deep discussion about meeting and D'arcy replied something to the effect "My mom is in the room and I don't want to be disrespectful so I'll get back to you later." That's nice but mom won't mind if you take a multi-million dollar phone call. So after 2 years of evaluation it came down to "come out and play 2 or 5 songs." I think that was a cautious and calculated tactic to evaluate her in person. She scoffed at that and has every right o do so, but it could also be the proving ground to say, "See asshole! I can still play fucking bass and show up on time. I'm not walking out on stage high on crack and anti-depressants and clucking like a chicken. Dick." Some say it was an empty invite on Billy's part, but there isn't proof or proof of my narrative either - just inferences.

Old 05-26-2018, 03:28 PM   #114
FoolofaTook

ok

Old 05-26-2018, 04:58 PM   #115
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissesandNoise View Post
I'm not so sure of that. In the end, this is a professional endeavor and if she provided what the band needs it would be so much better to have her there. Weren't the early talks about the split to be 22% for the other 3? That's not bad for a Billy-run band I would guess. It could be that those 2 years proved she was not quite up to par. She invited him to a farm in Michigan and he didn't come out. That's fair to point out that he didn't try from that perspective. But isn't this story from the band that she was invited to LA (a little more conducive to band meetings than rural Michigan) and she never came out either? That's a red flag. Being asked to come out then giving a shoulder injury reason/excuse is also a red flag. If you were on a sports team you'd be cut. There was another text where there was deep discussion about meeting and D'arcy replied something to the effect "My mom is in the room and I don't want to be disrespectful so I'll get back to you later." That's nice but mom won't mind if you take a multi-million dollar phone call. So after 2 years of evaluation it came down to "come out and play 2 or 5 songs." I think that was a cautious and calculated tactic to evaluate her in person. She scoffed at that and has every right o do so, but it could also be the proving ground to say, "See asshole! I can still play fucking bass and show up on time. I'm not walking out on stage high on crack and anti-depressants and clucking like a chicken. Dick." Some say it was an empty invite on Billy's part, but there isn't proof or proof of my narrative either - just inferences.
It is visible by the text messages that they hadn't invited D'arcy to the recording sessions in January. She had to notice it like us on Instagram. She then told that she couldn't come because of her shoulder injury.

Also strange that there was only talk between her and Billy, no response from James later. Jimmy had talked about her involvement a year ago in an interview, but hasn't spoken to her for 19 years.

Old 05-26-2018, 05:00 PM   #116
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Not visible at all.

Old 05-26-2018, 05:04 PM   #117
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

It is CLEARLY visible.

D'arcy: "People have send me stuff about you guys recording..."

Billy: "As far as you not being involved there was never any decision to shut you out, or make you not welcome."

D'arcy has released these text messages as a reaction on the official statement that she had been invited several times (without saying who invited her). Could have only been Corgan himself. But his sentence then doesn't make any sense, if he had really tried several times to get her involved.

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 05-26-2018 at 05:58 PM.

Old 05-26-2018, 05:18 PM   #118
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

https://i.imgur.com/YNTUSVU.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/HZ24rdu.png

Old 05-26-2018, 06:16 PM   #119
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Exactly, billy clearly stated that there was never a decision to shut her out. Clearly, she wasn't involved with the recording session for different reasons, such as "refusing to meet with the band" along those 2 years. By the way, that conversation was after Billy messaged her with updates.

Old 05-26-2018, 06:27 PM   #120
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Nice to say that you're not shut out when there are already recordings going on.
If there had been several attempts to meet her, he would have surely mentioned it as another excuse why they already started them.