toase
Apocalyptic Poster

Default Cynic's members are gay

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...ry.html#page=1

discuss

Old 07-09-2014, 11:58 PM   #2
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

uhm are you not familiar with Rob Halford

Old 07-10-2014, 12:01 AM   #3
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

corse I am, but he is no the cutie as Paul Masvidal is:
http://gunshyassassin.com/wp-content...ipeestacio.jpg

Old 07-10-2014, 12:02 AM   #4
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

Old 07-10-2014, 12:35 AM   #5
noyen
Immortal

why does it matter. there are gay, lesbian, trans people all around you. pointing it out bothers me.

Old 07-10-2014, 12:36 AM   #6
noyen
Immortal

like let's discuss a heterosexual person in a shameful way. there are plenty of scumbags in that department.

Old 07-10-2014, 12:38 AM   #7
noyen
Immortal

those guys are doichebags for marketing themselves that way. cheap. wank. forgettable and queer.

Old 07-10-2014, 12:58 AM   #8
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

You must be ugly, becuz they are still adorable
http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content...view-final.jpg

Old 07-10-2014, 01:07 AM   #9
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyen View Post
why does it matter. there are gay, lesbian, trans people all around you. pointing it out bothers me.

Old 07-10-2014, 01:11 AM   #10
toase
Apocalyptic Poster

my nipples don't care
http://i.imgur.com/f1UOvTm.jpg

Old 07-10-2014, 01:13 AM   #11
noyen
Immortal

Left nipple is gay, right one is into beastiality.

Old 07-10-2014, 02:08 AM   #12
Trotskilicious
Banned

if only ronald reagan could see you now

Old 07-10-2014, 07:02 AM   #13
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

seminal technical metal

Old 07-10-2014, 07:08 AM   #14
Lucky Day Spa
mirrar quit netphoria

Quote:
the intention of pointing it out is to make that very observation, no? to destigmatise?

Old 07-10-2014, 10:00 AM   #15
Shallowed
Braindead

Heterosexuals have the luxury of almost no-one discussing about their heterosexuality. Homosexuals are discussed because they are homosexual, not because of any other merit.

Same token:
http://www.thelineofbestfit.com/news...ician-in-music

Old 07-10-2014, 11:53 AM   #16
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toase View Post
my nipples don't care
http://i.imgur.com/f1UOvTm.jpg
that's hott

Old 07-10-2014, 12:09 PM   #17
Shallowed
Braindead

juliana do some research to thread

Old 07-10-2014, 04:39 PM   #18
Lucky Day Spa
mirrar quit netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
Heterosexuals have the luxury of almost no-one discussing about their heterosexuality. Homosexuals are discussed because they are homosexual, not because of any other merit.

Same token:
http://www.thelineofbestfit.com/news...ician-in-music
what

did you read the article?

its main thrust isn't "hey these guys are pretty good at metal for a couple of gays", it's "the metal scene is less tolerant than wider society, and these guys struggled because of that, but now they're out, hope that being so makes it easier for young metal fans to do the same, etc."

i guess you could question how genuine that sentiment is if you wanted to be a dick about it, but regardless there's no way neko case's (completely appropriate) reaction to playboy's patronising "women in music" piece is analogous

Old 07-10-2014, 04:54 PM   #19
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Day Spa View Post
the intention of pointing it out is to make that very observation, no? to destigmatise?
well yeah. its just a fine line for me personally to actually pushing a social thing or if it's just plain old self-promotion. i didn't really read the article. i just wish it didnt matter and that we didnt have to point it out. and i wish there wasn't this attitude of sex sells and it's okay to objectify women and all that garbage too. i was up too late last night. i'm too jaded and a closet idealist to trust what any media is feeding me genuine or not i'm just skeptical. i think the attitude they are talking about does exist, but it also doesn't exist. it seems to me if they found some positives rather it would equally brainwash people into believing there isnt a problem and the metal world is open and accepting. pop culture seems to be really gay friendly from what i see on tv. crossdressing and drag queen shows pull in huge numbers. i dont know if its because it is gay accepting people tuning in or if it's haters hating. homosexuality and sexual deviancy needs to be at the point where it's so boring to discuss that no one talks about it the way that "hey i'm straight!" isn't necessary.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:02 PM   #20
Lucky Day Spa
mirrar quit netphoria

Quote:
homosexuality and sexual deviancy needs to be at the point where it's so boring to discuss that no one talks about it the way that "hey i'm straight!" isn't necessary.
agreed. i guess i'd contend that a major contributor in getting to that point is bringing it up often (from a considerate and inclusive point of view rather than the "ooh, gay, how novel!" thing, obviously) and talking about it. that's how things become normal and boring

Old 07-10-2014, 05:40 PM   #21
MusicMan4

Cynic are already legends in metal, they wouldn't need to do this as self promotion

Old 07-10-2014, 05:47 PM   #22
MusicMan4

Fr how supposedly macho metal is the metal club in Brooklyn I go to so,etimes is one of the public places I've felt safest being openly fruity with my appearance, though

Old 07-10-2014, 05:54 PM   #23
noyen
Immortal

i've never heard of them so my ignorance shows. i don't give a fuck what they are. i support their desire for cock. i enthuse the use of buttholes. like to jack off onto stuffed animals? i'm cool with that. love to be force fed feces through a mask and funnel? hallelujah. like i don't give a fuck who is vegan or vegetarian or pescetarian or paleo. it's boring as fuck. metallica could all come out as gay and i wouldn't be surprised. i have more transgendered friends in my life than ever and i'm totally supportive of it. but i don't really care. i care about the advocacy of it being okay and the mental stability of those people and how they are treated by our governments and authoritarian fucks the same way everyone else is. but no one is treated the same and we're all profiled and segregated into little groups. same with religion. until the one true bisexual god rises from the earth and teaches everyone a lesson i just wish everyone would shut up and fuck and die, me included.

Old 07-10-2014, 05:57 PM   #24
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeris Hilton View Post
Fr how supposedly macho metal is the metal club in Brooklyn I go to so,etimes is one of the public places I've felt safest being openly fruity with my appearance, though
the metal/doom scene here is very protective and outspoken about human rights. but utah is full of extremist straightedge anti-church vegans but in general it's a more supportive and outspoken for rights and acceptance and freedom than the douchebags playing trance in the clubs to a bunch of straight white kids singing along to gay anthems, oblivious.

Old 07-10-2014, 06:06 PM   #25
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
what

did you read the article?

its main thrust isn't "hey these guys are pretty good at metal for a couple of gays", it's "the metal scene is less tolerant than wider society, and these guys struggled because of that, but now they're out, hope that being so makes it easier for young metal fans to do the same, etc."

i guess you could question how genuine that sentiment is if you wanted to be a dick about it, but regardless there's no way neko case's (completely appropriate) reaction to playboy's patronising "women in music" piece is analogous
I didn't read the article, but toase is putting forth Cynic's homosexuality as a discussion topic.

If the article is acknowledging that it's a tough world out there for gay people in the metal scene and calling it out on its homophobic tendencies then that's cool.

I guess it is good that "coming out" is celebrated as such to offset their extreme and constant marginalisation pretty much wherever they go.

Old 07-10-2014, 06:09 PM   #26
MusicMan4

why is this being posted on a board where like 4 people like metal two months after the article came out anyway

Old 07-10-2014, 08:56 PM   #27
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
uhm are you not familiar with Rob Halford
ROB HALFORD IS GAY?!

God he's awesome btw. Saw JP play with Sabbath for Ozzfest. It was the best show eeeeveeerrrrrr. Slayer played too.

I knew that day I'd never see a better show. And I was right.

Old 07-10-2014, 08:56 PM   #28
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

PAIN. PAIN. KILLAH. KILLAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

Old 07-10-2014, 09:08 PM   #29
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
her all caps is killing me right now

Old 07-10-2014, 09:09 PM   #30
Trotskilicious
Banned