Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2019, 01:38 AM   #31
Skradgee
Boardcaster

Oh dear

Old 08-12-2019, 09:17 AM   #32
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
The Sad LOVE(!) Machines on Facebook still ban Alt(ernative) Nation from their WPC-ass kissing cult group to avoid getting gonorrhea:

I'll bet you 100 dollars that The Sad Machinery are are publicly LOVING the Alt-Nation disses lol

Old 08-12-2019, 09:22 AM   #33
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
Hell even read my posts on Netphoria, I've never trashed him personally on here! All I've done is criticize how he handled a tour negotiation.
Maybe Billy really does read Netphoria, would really be a double whammy in regards to why he feels the need to publicly ridicule you and your site.

I mean it's a pretty shitty look for ole Bill. Big-time spoiled rock-star going out of his way to publicly attack a young man who built up his website independently from the ground up into a success, while still pretty much running the thing on his own. Hard to see the rationale behind his statements

Old 08-12-2019, 09:56 AM   #34
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

PIG UGLY PIG

Old 08-12-2019, 10:08 AM   #35
Kahlo

"I’ve seen Billy talk in his Instagram story Q&A’s about mental health issues and how society needs to stop with the dehumanizing insults and bullying, so instead of exchanging shots I am going to link to the Stomp Out Bullying help chatline and the Depression Text Hotline if there’s anybody reading this who needs to talk to someone. Alternative Nation still loves you Billy, but maybe you should practice what you preach! We can all do better."

5 Stars Brett.

Old 08-12-2019, 10:49 AM   #36
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

That's a good reaction, Buttcannon.

It's one thing if we give you shit here for your "revealing" clickbait nonsense headlines, with an audience of what, 100 boarders around. But Bully going after you by name and by name calling like a school yard bully, with an army of ready-to-attack instagram followers, is something else.

And for what, because your reader numbers of the D'arcy story are higher than his Shiny album sales numbers?

Old 08-12-2019, 11:09 AM   #37
Kahlo

SHINY IS A GREAT ALBUM. IT REALLY IS. 5 STARS. EVERYONE KEEPS SAYING HOW GREAT IT IS. I HAVE THE BEST SONGS. BRETT FUCKANON IS JUST PART OF THE CONSTANT NEGATIVE PRESS. ALTERNATIVE NATION? ALTERNATIVE FACTS!!

(If you are reading this Billy, you could have taken the high ground, but you decided to go with being a touch homophobic and cheap bullying tactics instead)

Old 08-12-2019, 12:12 PM   #38
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Pig ugly pig still cracks me up.

A 40 year old millionaire rock star took time out to write that, and thought it would make him seem like the victim.

Last edited by VoxUpDoc : 08-12-2019 at 12:20 PM.

Old 08-12-2019, 12:57 PM   #39
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Thanks for the reaction from you guys to what I wrote. Yesterday was kind of a rough day for me, especially realizing that I'll never go to a Pumpkins show again after what he said, and I'd planned on going later this month. He lost a lifelong fan with that, somebody who actually did support his music and shows, contrary to what he said. I just wasn't a sycophant.

But when I think about it more, like what you guys said, he just sounds ridiculous. He's a 52-year old multimillionaire writing that stuff about some guy in his 20's he does not know? It's one thing to mock the site like you guys said, it's another to say what he did on a personal attack level, especially with what he says all the time about bullying and social media. If he keeps going after me though, I'll just keep linking to anti-bullying and mental health websites. Not going to get into that kind of negative back and forth. He can wallow in that himself.

Old 08-12-2019, 01:33 PM   #40
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Billy’s a child. You’re just now figuring that out?

He’s a man child who surrounded himself with brilliant people for two albums and we got two brilliant albums. That’s all there is to it.

Old 08-12-2019, 01:35 PM   #41
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

So you're saying just SAOSB I & II?

Old 08-12-2019, 02:13 PM   #42
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Thanks for the reaction from you guys to what I wrote. Yesterday was kind of a rough day for me, especially realizing that I'll never go to a Pumpkins show again after what he said, and I'd planned on going later this month. He lost a lifelong fan with that, somebody who actually did support his music and shows, contrary to what he said. I just wasn't a sycophant.

But when I think about it more, like what you guys said, he just sounds ridiculous. He's a 52-year old multimillionaire writing that stuff about some guy in his 20's he does not know? It's one thing to mock the site like you guys said, it's another to say what he did on a personal attack level, especially with what he says all the time about bullying and social media. If he keeps going after me though, I'll just keep linking to anti-bullying and mental health websites. Not going to get into that kind of negative back and forth. He can wallow in that himself.
And if this is how he acts towards total strangers over the internet, just for having an opinion... imagine what it must be like for people who work with him who are susceptible to his lawsuits and NDA threats.

You're handling it perfectly by rising above it. Although if you had the money behind you it would be delicious to see Billy get rolled over for libel / slander.

Old 08-12-2019, 02:19 PM   #43
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:

Three cheers for buttcanon

What a class act

Sorry u had a rough day over it

Old 08-12-2019, 02:19 PM   #44
Slurpee
Minion of Satan

Congrats, Brett. You join a long line of decent folk nuked by Billy to maintain the ego that powers him. It’s a noble sacrifice.

I recommend Car Seat Headrest as a replacement for the Pumpkins in your life. They still actually enjoy what they do.

Old 08-12-2019, 02:35 PM   #45
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

so, anyone down to fund a first run of "NETPHORIANS 4 BUTTCANNON" tees to wear to these August gigs?

Old 08-12-2019, 05:23 PM   #46
Kahlo

Lets not go that far. The guy is a hack, but he is now OUR hack.

Old 08-12-2019, 05:23 PM   #47
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlo View Post
SHINY IS A GREAT ALBUM. IT REALLY IS. 5 STARS. EVERYONE KEEPS SAYING HOW GREAT IT IS. I HAVE THE BEST SONGS. BRETT FUCKANON IS JUST PART OF THE CONSTANT NEGATIVE PRESS. ALTERNATIVE NATION? ALTERNATIVE FACTS!!

(If you are reading this Billy, you could have taken the high ground, but you decided to go with being a touch homophobic and cheap bullying tactics instead)
Fucking nailed it dude.

Billy taking shots at Brett is ridiculously petty. Like dude you’re touring in one of the biggest bands in the world, you have a family, you’re a grown man. How do you even have the time to worry about what Brett writes about you? Get over it.

Only the Trumps and Corgans of the world could be sitting on millions of dollars with endless fame but still give a shit about what’s being said about them on the internet.

Old 08-12-2019, 05:26 PM   #48
Kahlo

Meanwhile, how Nick Cave deals with a homophobic fan:

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-a9015986.html

Old 08-12-2019, 05:28 PM   #49
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

You just severely outclassed an incredibly successful man more than twice your age with how you publicly responded. And, no offense, but that’s more sad for Billy than it is a compliment to you. We SP fans in our 30s and 40s have been watching Billy meltdown like this and embarrass himself over minor ego slights for years. It’s really just pathetic. Fucking get over it, Bill. You have enough money to buy an island and never interact with the media again if you hate it so much.

Old 08-12-2019, 05:33 PM   #50
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
I try to remind myself I was a child when I was like that. But also the music was good. And Billy didn't seem like such an asshole to me.
We were young and the music was still good. It was before Billy’s insanity got too obvious in public. We thought he was the real deal. Now we are just disappointed. Over and over again.

We are the grown up teenagers of the 90s. We are Netphoria.

Old 08-12-2019, 06:57 PM   #51
Gooch
Apocalyptic Poster

I think we can all agree that Billy is a narcissist. It’s only natural for him to lash out at someone that “slights “ him, viciously. It’s a great study in psychology. It’s not personal. Irregardless, it’s a little over the top behavior and the right thing to do would be to stand taller and be the bigger person. Because as much as you’re thinking about it, he’s stewing in it too, as evidenced by how he made multiple posts against you. He has to blame somebody for the Darcy situation - might as well be you. He ain’t gonna blame himself!!

Old 08-12-2019, 06:59 PM   #52
Gooch
Apocalyptic Poster

You should go to the show, get a press pass and interview him. That would be classy. Hilarities would ensue, I’m certain!

Old 08-12-2019, 07:44 PM   #53
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
You should go to the show, get a press pass and interview him. That would be classy. Hilarities would ensue, I’m certain!
I came very close to running into him at the KROQ Christmas show last December. I was in the VIP press area, and they had an area where they were interviewing people playing. I think Billy and James were interviewed maybe 15-30 minutes after me and my friend went to our seats. I'd still interview him, but I won't go to a show ever again as a fan unless he apologizes to me, which will NEVER happen.

Old 08-12-2019, 07:47 PM   #54
grape
Pledge

How is it an insult, the dude is literally a hack, wanna-be-journalist and a huckster. He posts daily misleading headlines pulled from the most meaningless exchanges to trick idiots into clicking so some Google ad algorithm will give him a few bucks. That's his whole existence. Imagine how sad, lazy, and morally bankrupt you have to be to do that around the clock.

It's who you are, own it. Don't act like it's some huge insult when people notice and state the fact.

If I was a ratfucker I wouldn't get all misty eyed and act offended when someone called me one. I'd tip my cap and look for the next rat.

Old 08-12-2019, 07:48 PM   #55
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
I think we can all agree that Billy is a narcissist. It’s only natural for him to lash out at someone that “slights “ him, viciously. It’s a great study in psychology. It’s not personal. Irregardless, it’s a little over the top behavior and the right thing to do would be to stand taller and be the bigger person. Because as much as you’re thinking about it, he’s stewing in it too, as evidenced by how he made multiple posts against you. He has to blame somebody for the Darcy situation - might as well be you. He ain’t gonna blame himself!!
It's really mind boggling. He also doesn't realize that if I told D'arcy what he said about me, she would absolutely obliterate him, but I have no interest in telling her about silly Pumpkins shit unless she asks what's going on.

Old 08-12-2019, 07:58 PM   #56
T&T
Socialphobic

you admit to being a click-baiter. don't pretend you've got class or dignity. Billy's not wrong about you.
He's still totally a twat, but you're paparazzi scum.

Old 08-12-2019, 08:46 PM   #57
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncg View Post

Only the Trumps and Corgans of the world could be sitting on millions of dollars with endless fame but still give a shit about what’s being said about them on the internet.
That's the thing though, it's one thing for Trump to go after a billion dollar company like The New York Times, but here you have Billy going after an enthusiastic 20 something music fan who's managed to make a living off of his website. It's a completely different ball of wax. I mean, what's the point of publicly doing that? It does not make him look good.

He's obviously butthurt that Brett and Alternative Nation gave D'arcy a platform to give her side of the story. Billy probably assumed D'arcy would go about things in silence, just as she had the previous 20 years.

Old 08-12-2019, 08:54 PM   #58
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
you admit to being a click-baiter. don't pretend you've got class or dignity. Billy's not wrong about you.
He's still totally a twat, but you're paparazzi scum.
Though I have little interest in the whole click-bait thing, one would have to be an idiot to believe that Brett is the only guy doing it. Tons of big music sites do the same shit and you don't hear a peep from Billy about them. Even Rolling Stone does a lot of stupid click-bait shit.

Old 08-12-2019, 09:36 PM   #59
FranchisePunter
Amish Rake Fighter

*Whispers*
The entire internet does it and nearly all digital media outlets empahsize the importance of headlines, SEO and searchable keywords

Remember when everyone trashed reality TV when Survivor started and then 15 different copycat shows emerged and everyone just got immune to it? Sort of the same thing.

Old 08-12-2019, 09:48 PM   #60
pale_princess
spanish harlem mona lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by grape View Post
How is it an insult, the dude is literally a hack, wanna-be-journalist and a huckster. He posts daily misleading headlines pulled from the most meaningless exchanges to trick idiots into clicking so some Google ad algorithm will give him a few bucks. That's his whole existence. Imagine how sad, lazy, and morally bankrupt you have to be to do that around the clock.

It's who you are, own it. Don't act like it's some huge insult when people notice and state the fact.

If I was a ratfucker I wouldn't get all misty eyed and act offended when someone called me one. I'd tip my cap and look for the next rat.
hi billy