Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2014, 11:47 PM   #31
dustrock
debunked!

Location: Part-alien, part-human, part-robot, part-star-crossed lover and part-mercury filled

I'd prefer it if he stuck to crazy shit like this TBH.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:06 AM   #32
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

People are having a field day with this. It's self-indulgent but it's intriguing to see how it plays out and how many last the 8-9 hours. I personally couldn't stand to watch anyone noodle around "on the fly" for 8-9 hours on synths.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:09 AM   #33
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

http://i.onionstatic.com/avclub/5019/48/16x9/640.jpg

Old 02-19-2014, 12:16 AM   #34
D.
Consume my pants.

did monte really recently buy siddhartha on amazon, or was that a joke that went over my head?

Old 02-19-2014, 12:24 AM   #35
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

he suggested people buy it for 99 cents on amazon if they are unfamiliar with the book. I assumed he was talking to himself.

Old 02-19-2014, 12:43 AM   #36
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

billy corgan should be barred from ever touching a synthesizer again imo

Old 02-19-2014, 01:41 AM   #37
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araneae View Post
I personally couldn't stand to watch anyone noodle around "on the fly" for 8-9 hours on synths.
This

Old 02-19-2014, 04:44 AM   #38
CrabbMan
Amish Hoe Fighter

I've read the book at two different times in my life and I'd probably get a lot more out of it if I read it again. I really can't envision what a 8-9 hour musical interpretation of it would look like, but I would be intrigued to find out as I tend to appreciate Billy's musical talent.
I visited the midwest last fall and made the pilgrimage to Madame Zuzu's. There's no way I could be comfortable sitting in that place all day long. And the place can't really fit very many people, so how's this gonna work?

Old 02-19-2014, 06:01 AM   #39
Starla

Quote:
Didn't know Corgan was on Facebook? He rejoined in January. As SP fan blog Hipsters United documents, the wrestling superfan deleted his Facebook account a few years ago after fans criticized him on the platform.
He abandoned it after someone made a cruel remark in response to a post that Billy had made about his mother. I think he had written something about her death, or how he missed her. I remember this and thought it had crossed the line. There was also something going on about a stolen gish guitar at the time that had him upset.

Old 02-19-2014, 06:05 AM   #40
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
honestly I don't even understand what most of that means. He's doing an eight hour performance based on a book that can be read in two hours?

Siddartha is a great book btw
It is....

maybe bills will play the sitar or dhol

Old 02-19-2014, 06:13 AM   #41
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
this is his later life
I hope he instructs everyone to sit down on the floor and meditate with him, and for the entire time, do this

Old 02-19-2014, 06:19 AM   #42
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
CAIC hit us with that stunned monte.jpg you know the one

Old 02-19-2014, 06:48 AM   #43
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starla View Post
He abandoned it after someone made a cruel remark in response to a post that Billy had made about his mother. I think he had written something about her death, or how he missed her. I remember this and thought it had crossed the line. There was also something going on about a stolen gish guitar at the time that had him upset.

Not the way it happened.

Billy was on Facebook on Christmas eve talking to fans, one mentioned that Christmastime flash video. Billy freaked the fuck out and said something like "You mean the one they post on Netphoria and make fun of me." He then ranted about how it was Christmas and how could anyone do that to him when it was Christmas and he was thinking of his dead mother. He then then deleted the account.

No one made any remarks about his mother. They just mentioned the video and he freaked out and mentioned his mother.

Old 02-19-2014, 06:53 AM   #44
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

And here it is:

Quote:
FROM Tony Brunello: Why dont u use all this time on your hands to do something like....I don't know....write your first good song in the last 12 yrs?
BC: merry CHRISTMAS to me
FROM Tommes Tommsen: he´s right ;-D
FROM David Jimenez Leiva: He is so freaking right!
FROM Robin Zamora: Yeah, stop worrying about stupid riffs and focus on chord progression and vocal melodies.
BC: so, like, you mean, stop doing heavy riff songs like this Robin Zamora? And lose all the angsty singing, right? so no more songs like this, right? (posts Spangled)

FROM runo Macedo: hahahaha c'mom, it's funny, kinda rude, but funny.
BC: yes, i love to be told i suck on Christmas. always gets a good laugh out of me

FROM Vin Paul: Someone needs to find the christmas time smashing pumpkins video that was fan made from netphoria thats the best video of all time
BC: you mean the one where they call me Bolly and make fun of me? that was great!

FROM Edwin Mascorn: But critizism is healthy :-) aslong as they aint just being cunts lmao
BC: especially on Christmas! criticism helps me remember the good times with my deceased mother...

FROM Dave Williams: Billy - Any chance of the band doing a quick studio take of "Chrysanthemum" and dropping it on the internet? It's a lot to ask, but it was a great song that never made it to the Zwan show I was at.
BC: sure, coming right up...i'm sure new SP won't mind covering Zwan songs!!

FROM Carrie Thomas: What would happen if you did take music advice from a fan? Would it end up being glitter and fools gold?
BC: everyone would love me again!

ok, got to go back to Christmas now....it's been swell folks. lots of love, over and out, BC

Old 02-19-2014, 07:01 AM   #45
slunken
Virgo

That went down as one of my fondest Xmas memories

Old 02-19-2014, 07:05 AM   #46
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
And here it is:
Ah...Billy and the internet...you gotta love it.

>>>

Quote:
Corgan: Not really, no. Honestly, I think the best album I’ve ever made I haven’t released. It’s sitting in a can at home. I did a solo acoustic record about my hometown of Chicago. And I played one show, and I thought the show was amazing, and then I went on like an idiot the next day and read what the fans were writing and they said ‘Can he just please pick up an electric guitar again? Screw this acoustic music, we don’t want to hear this shit, dadadada.’ And I said OK, and I put the album back in the can and it’s sitting there to this day. People who’ve heard it say it’s some of the most beautiful work I’ve ever done. It’s just sitting there.

Old 02-19-2014, 07:37 AM   #47
Shallowed
Braindead

Maybe it had less to do with his mother and more to do with those people acting like jerks. Id want to quit FB if it were me too.

Also that Christmastime video didn't come from here, Murder McMurderson from thepumpkins.net made it.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:17 AM   #48
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrabbMan View Post
I've read the book at two different times in my life and I'd probably get a lot more out of it if I read it again. I really can't envision what a 8-9 hour musical interpretation of it would look like, but I would be intrigued to find out as I tend to appreciate Billy's musical talent.
I visited the midwest last fall and made the pilgrimage to Madame Zuzu's. There's no way I could be comfortable sitting in that place all day long. And the place can't really fit very many people, so how's this gonna work?
It is supposed to be at noon, some will miss two meals and if people keep drinking tea and eating vegan baked goods there will be a lot of pee breaks and explosive diarrhea.

I wonder how long of an intermission there will be or if there is one, maybe Billy will have someone spoon feed him while he plays.

Also, these tweets between Monte and Zuzus CRACK ME UP:

http://imageshack.us/a/img716/5929/ip29.png

Old 02-19-2014, 09:00 AM   #49
Cool As Ice Cream

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana View Post
I wonder how long of an intermission there will be or if there is one, maybe Billy will have someone spoon feed him while he plays.
he can take a break whenever he wants. the ichabod will buzz on. he just has to turn a knob or press a couple of keys every now and then. it's on-the-fly, man!
my guess is he won't even be at the tea place for most of the time. i'm sure belly has better things to do than listening to that machine filling eight to nine hours with synthy sounds.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:01 AM   #50
Cool As Ice Cream

also, if monty is there, he will be creeped out, and it will make him stay away even longer. he might just start up the whole thing in a minute or ten, and then come back after eight hours to receive the applause of the three people that are still there (probably monty and his two fans).

Old 02-19-2014, 09:02 AM   #51
Cool As Ice Cream

maybe throw in an acoustic rocket as an encore.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:38 AM   #52
Shallowed
Braindead

eeed in your own ight

Old 02-19-2014, 09:50 AM   #53
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
also, if monty is there, he will be creeped out, and it will make him stay away even longer. he might just start up the whole thing in a minute or ten, and then come back after eight hours to receive the applause of the three people that are still there (probably monty and his two fans).
I hope billy takes attendance and there is a test after.

Billy said it would be a "performance" how do we know he is using that contraption?

Old 02-19-2014, 10:30 AM   #54
T&T
Socialphobic

might as well perform over the internet via digital synths.
he should do a live broadcast of himself playing this for 8-9 hours
http://femurdesign.com/theremin/

Old 02-19-2014, 10:48 AM   #55
Tuscaloosa
Demi-God

prayformance

Old 02-19-2014, 10:55 AM   #56
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

This is great. I could not think of a better follow up to the Walter E. Smith commercial than this. There are just so many wonderful aspects of this whole thing, the best of which is the idea of Monte attempting to read Siddhartha and possibly spontaneously combusting.

Also, in regards to Billy's Facebook temper tantrum back in 2010, it was proof that he pretty much acts exactly the way he was depicted in that Christmastime video.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:00 AM   #57
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
Monte attempting to read Siddhartha ..
that explains the 8-9hours.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:01 AM   #58
Starla

Quote:
Not the way it happened.

Billy was on Facebook on Christmas eve talking to fans, one mentioned that Christmastime flash video. Billy freaked the fuck out and said something like "You mean the one they post on Netphoria and make fun of me." He then ranted about how it was Christmas and how could anyone do that to him when it was Christmas and he was thinking of his dead mother. He then then deleted the account.

No one made any remarks about his mother. They just mentioned the video and he freaked out and mentioned his mother.
I guess that clears it up. All I remember at the time was a bunch of comments with people talking about how someone said something about his mother.

Old 02-19-2014, 11:02 AM   #59
Cool As Ice Cream

LOLOLO!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siddhartha_%28novel%29
http://i57.tinypic.com/28sqbdv.png

who did that?

Old 02-19-2014, 11:03 AM   #60
Tuscaloosa
Demi-God

Talking

Quote:
And here it is:

BC: you mean the one where they call me Bolly and make fun of me?
wait... he knows?