Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Will you boycott the upcoming tour because of D'arcy?
Yes, I am staying home because of the D'arcy debacle/it's not a real reunion 29 27.10%
No, I still plan to attend the upcoming tour 53 49.53%
I was never planning on seeing the band on the upcoming tour 25 23.36%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2018, 12:17 PM   #181
KissesandNoise
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltimeban View Post
Will go. Last SP show in Dublin was 2008 and it was mired by terrible sound and a weird set list. So I'd definitely go if it was played in the likes of the 3 Arena.
I don't know man. Setlist looks pretty tight to me: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-s...-63d67eeb.html

Old 03-13-2018, 12:27 PM   #182
KissesandNoise
Banned

It would be great to see D'arcy, but it's not like seeing Primus without Les Claypool. Something is up. Something is missing in between "Let's get the band back together!" and "D'arcy's out." And it isn't as simple as "Billy's a prick." Let's wheel out a recluse battling addiction and personality disorders and see how our multi-million dollar tour goes! Who cares that she has made no attempt to play music in 20 years, she'll love it! Propping her up with 4 musicians at the top of their game wouldn't cause her any stress. And the 17 people on Netphoria don't care if we sound good. They just love her because ... um, uh - she's a girl!

I will be pissed if there is no female involved because, beyond aesthetics, a female backing vocal is essential to their sound. BUT 3 guitar reworkings of SP material with Jimmy muthafuckin' Chamberlin. I'm in.

Old 03-13-2018, 12:36 PM   #183
KissesandNoise
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
the one ergo

weird hooby

rolling on the laughing floor

this thread has it all
Let's take a look at the laughing floor. Don’t let the name throw you, Tooky. It’s not really a floor; it’s more of a steel grating that allows material to sluice through so it can be collected and exported.

Old 03-13-2018, 12:43 PM   #184
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KissesandNoise View Post
It would be great to see D'arcy, but it's not like seeing Primus without Les Claypool. Something is up. Something is missing in between "Let's get the band back together!" and "D'arcy's out." And it isn't as simple as "Billy's a prick." Let's wheel out a recluse battling addiction and personality disorders and see how our multi-million dollar tour goes! Who cares that she has made no attempt to play music in 20 years, she'll love it! Propping her up with 4 musicians at the top of their game wouldn't cause her any stress. And the 17 people on Netphoria don't care if we sound good. They just love her because ... um, uh - she's a girl!

I will be pissed if there is no female involved because, beyond aesthetics, a female backing vocal is essential to their sound. BUT 3 guitar reworkings of SP material with Jimmy muthafuckin' Chamberlin. I'm in.
>>>williampcorgan A friend (@mancowmuller if you must know) recently asked me why every photo on my IG is taken with my shirt off. Now, that doesn't exactly jive with my memory, but that's fine. There is the world we actually live in and then the one we think thru false impression exists, and I'm fine with both; knowing that I must navigate both. So in this photo I don't have a shirt on, just a robe, and it's for you Erich even though you have a lovely wife.
In other 'news', recording is now finished for the upcoming 'Shiny and Oh So Bright' ep's 1 + 2, which ended last night with a truly epic sing on Knights of Malta with 3 unbelievably talented women. Probably one of my favorite experiences ever recording with @smashingpumpkins, right up there with the strings on 'Tonight'. So yes, it's *all* save for the mixing and mastering. Thank you to everyone who has been so sweet and supportive. We hope to make you proud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post

A friend (@mancowmuller if you must know) recently asked me why every photo on my IG is taken with my shirt off. Now, that doesn't exactly jive with my memory, but that's fine. There is the world we actually live in and then the one we think thru false impression exists, and I'm fine with both; knowing that I must navigate both. So in this photo I don't have a shirt on, just a robe, and it's for you Erich even though you have a lovely wife. In other 'news', recording is now finished for the upcoming 'Shiny and Oh So Bright' ep's 1 + 2, which ended last night with a truly epic sing on Knights of Malta with 3 unbelievably talented women. Probably one of my favorite experiences ever recording with @smashingpumpkins, right up there with the strings on 'Tonight'. So yes, it's *all* save for the mixing and mastering. Thank you to everyone who has been so sweet and supportive. We hope to make you proud. @jamesihaofficial @chamberdrums @jjjschroeder #SP2018 #shinyandohsobright

Ein Beitrag geteilt von WilliamPatrickCorgan (@williampcorgan) am

Linda Strawberry has already dyed her hair blonde so it's hard to say how many D'arcy lookalikes will be on this tour.

Old 03-13-2018, 12:48 PM   #185
KissesandNoise
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTaper View Post

Linda Strawberry has already dyed her hair blonde so it's hard to say how many D'arcy lookalikes will be on this tour.
Sounds plausible

Old 03-13-2018, 01:24 PM   #186
SPLATTER
Demi-God

this guy is something else ... so mancow posts a pic of darcy all beat up

he praises mancow in an IG post

then posts a thing about monica lewinsky's good work speaking out against cyber bullying

i can't even listen to the old shit anymore without thinking of alex jones

Old 03-13-2018, 01:40 PM   #187
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Quote:

D'arcy had been playing Smashing Pumpkins music with her bass again at least since March 2016, when James joined the band again in L.A.. Her friend Patrick talked about it in an SP Facebook group then.
He also often said, she hadn't taken drugs in the years of their relationship.

It's a shame they didn't make any attempt to meet her earlier, to convince themselves about it and to help her.

Jeff's guitar playing sucks even at three guitars.

Old 03-13-2018, 01:44 PM   #188
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Linda Strawdingle might at least play keyboards, do background vocals and sing -instead of D'arcy- "Daydream"...

Old 03-13-2018, 03:11 PM   #189
KissesandNoise
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corgan's Bluff View Post
D'arcy had been playing Smashing Pumpkins music with her bass again at least since March 2016, when James joined the band again in L.A.. Her friend Patrick talked about it in an SP Facebook group then.
He also often said, she hadn't taken drugs in the years of their relationship.

It's a shame they didn't make any attempt to meet her earlier, to convince themselves about it and to help her.

Jeff's guitar playing sucks even at three guitars.
I remember that, but there never was proof. She should make a YouTube video and charge through Siva or Geek to put to rest any questions of ability. Shit, with Melissa out she should play with Hole (patent pending)

When she's quoted or speaks it reminds me of a bum trying to get drug money from you at the gas station so I don't know.

They should have at least met and probably worked on a song or jammed, but we don't know exactly what transpired.

Jeff is pretty technically proficient. Your just taking out your it's-not-James-and-never-will-be anger on him and that's OK. It's not your fault. It's not your fault. It's not your fault. I think his style will make a nice anchor between Bill's heroics and James' atmospherics.

Old 03-13-2018, 03:11 PM   #190
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

If Linda Strawberry sings Daydream I would go to show in order to boo

Old 03-13-2018, 03:14 PM   #191
KissesandNoise
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
If Linda Strawberry sings Daydream I would go to show in order to boo
Hahahaha

"Booooooo! You stink! Linda? Pff, who's named Linda anymore? Am I right? Am I Right? (elbowing the person next to you) You should be chain smoking in a double-wide surrounded by cats! Booooo!" (as you ruin someone else's $500 ticket purchase)

I say do it

Old 03-13-2018, 03:22 PM   #192
redbreegull

anyone who pays five hundred dollars for this tour deserves far worse than their experience ruined

Old 03-13-2018, 03:22 PM   #193
redbreegull

actually that reminds me of this insanely belligerent drunk asshole getting dragged out of the Zeitgeist release show in DC in 2007

"YOU CANT TAKE ME OUT I PAID FOUR HUNDRED DOLLARS TO BE HERE"

Old 03-13-2018, 03:28 PM   #194
redbreegull

Quote:

Billy Corgan is one of the biggest assholes around, I'm not sure why it would be so surprising that this is just the result of him being a fucking dick. He has trashed just about every meaningful relationship he's ever had of any kind and it's always everyone's fault but his.

I was more of your mindset when the news first dropped that D'arcy was not involved. Then Billy Corgan and his camp proceeded to engage in some of the most outrageous assholery I have ever seen towards D'arcy. There is zero reason to have faith in or believe anything that comes from Bill's mouth anymore, or anyone associated with him. He's a fuckin liar and a trash human. Anything going on with D'arcy that might be a legitimate reason to leave her out takes a back seat to what an enormous piece of shit Corgan has been

Old 03-13-2018, 03:47 PM   #195
KissesandNoise
Banned

Quote:
Billy Corgan is one of the biggest assholes around, I'm not sure why it would be so surprising that this is just the result of him being a fucking dick. He has trashed just about every meaningful relationship he's ever had of any kind and it's always everyone's fault but his.

I was more of your mindset when the news first dropped that D'arcy was not involved. Then Billy Corgan and his camp proceeded to engage in some of the most outrageous assholery I have ever seen towards D'arcy. There is zero reason to have faith in or believe anything that comes from Bill's mouth anymore, or anyone associated with him. He's a fuckin liar and a trash human. Anything going on with D'arcy that might be a legitimate reason to leave her out takes a back seat to what an enormous piece of shit Corgan has been
See, the only thing I thought was dickish was him going on about how good Jack Bates is knowing she was out. Otherwise he was being pretty nice in those exchanges. And those exchanges were hand picked by her for publication. I was opposite. At first, I thought it might be money or old feelings, but it appeared he was trying to ease her into the scene. Why would James go along with it? I also don't understand the Mancow thing. I assume you are talking about that too. He released a picture of her face messed up? That would do nothing but garner support for her as a victim of abuse. It would make Billy look bad for not helping her get away from that. I just don't have any background on that. Why when Billy is communicating with her about a million dollar opportunity would she respond, "I don't want to text right now. I'm with my mom. I don't want to be rude." or 'oh great play music, tour, and make money again - but my shoulder hurts' I could easily see any rational person on the other line of that exchange rolling their eyes and saying, "we haven't even met in person and here we go again"

Old 03-13-2018, 03:57 PM   #196
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

He was completely condescending to her in those texts. Did you even read them? The t-shirt thing? "we understand your enthusiasm"?

Old 03-13-2018, 04:00 PM   #197
KissesandNoise
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
He was completely condescending to her in those texts. Did you even read them? The t-shirt thing? "we understand your enthusiasm"?
OK, I'm rereading. I don't recall the t shirt thing

Old 03-13-2018, 04:01 PM   #198
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
See, the only thing I thought was dickish was him going on about how good Jack Bates is knowing she was out. Otherwise he was being pretty nice in those exchanges. And those exchanges were hand picked by her for publication. I was opposite. At first, I thought it might be money or old feelings, but it appeared he was trying to ease her into the scene. Why would James go along with it? I also don't understand the Mancow thing. I assume you are talking about that too. He released a picture of her face messed up? That would do nothing but garner support for her as a victim of abuse. It would make Billy look bad for not helping her get away from that. I just don't have any background on that. Why when Billy is communicating with her about a million dollar opportunity would she respond, "I don't want to text right now. I'm with my mom. I don't want to be rude." or 'oh great play music, tour, and make money again - but my shoulder hurts' I could easily see any rational person on the other line of that exchange rolling their eyes and saying, "we haven't even met in person and here we go again"
you're right, you have no background

billy sent him a picture of a bloody d'arcy and he posted it with "guess who this battered former rockstar is?" in order to humiliate her

as far as the text messages, i never expected d'arcy to come back because it was very unlikely she would be ready for a world tour. but billy is also being a complete jerk to her, especially with the context that he already had a full-time bassist lined up but never told her that until recently

Old 03-13-2018, 04:29 PM   #199
KissesandNoise
Banned

Yeah, thanks for the insight. I forgot to re-up my subscription for the Mancow Chronicles.

Do we know Billy sent that? I mean in a court of law know?

To your last point. If she's not up for a world tour it is super dickish to bring it up to her last minute. Was that the case or were they in communication for months? Would she have time to prepare, but just didn't? Tell me oh great oracle

Old 03-13-2018, 05:16 PM   #200
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
I think his style will make a nice anchor between Bill's heroics and James' atmospherics.
is that supposed to be a good thing? Good SP songs are a result of that sharp contrast

Old 03-13-2018, 05:25 PM   #201
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Do we know Billy sent that? I mean in a court of law know?
obviously not. we know the original person who posted it on instagram was followed by his babymama prior to the leak. and although i don't know it in a court of law sense, i'm fairly certain you're a complete douchebag.

Quote:
To your last point. If she's not up for a world tour it is super dickish to bring it up to her last minute. Was that the case or were they in communication for months? Would she have time to prepare, but just didn't? Tell me oh great oracle
You're the one pretending like you know the situation. No one knows if she was prepared, because according to both of them, they never even saw each other in person. For all I know she was fully prepared. I doubt it, but who knows. But it does seem like Billy led her on, that 'he wants her involved in any way she wants to be' or whatever he said. If she doesn't want to be on a Tshirt the kids will buy it anyway. He's a complete dick to everyone he knows and this is just another incident in a long line.

Old 03-13-2018, 05:27 PM   #202
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i also don't know this in a court of law sense, but if you keep being a sexist troll you might find yourself banned

Old 03-13-2018, 05:33 PM   #203
KissesandNoise
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
obviously not. we know the original person who posted it on instagram was followed by his babymama prior to the leak. and although i don't know it in a court of law sense, i'm fairly certain I want to guzzle your cum.
Nice manners

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
You're the one pretending like you know the situation.
I'm pretending to know the situation by asking questions while you spew hearsay and conjecture? #logic You seemed like an authority and a person with a real life that doesn't spend the majority of their time on a hate board. That's why I asked. Jeeee-eee--eeez

Old 03-13-2018, 07:30 PM   #204
PuzzledMuzzle
Ownz

I don't think she was capable of playing an entire 2 hour set back in January. But the way he handled it, diminishing her part and all. Also, at least fucking MEET, and jam for a few hours and see if there's any chance of it working out. All this talk for years and the guy never had 1-2 days to hook up with her? Invite her to a studio in Chicago? Put her on a plane and be a nice guy for a change?

Old 03-13-2018, 07:34 PM   #205
redbreegull

petition to ban KissesandNoise

Old 03-13-2018, 07:37 PM   #206
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
petition to ban KissesandNoise
ignore function, if we ban everyone who comes from a certain subreddit, we might as well take the board offline at this point, I guess.

hey kisses and noise, say hi to marquis and co and stop sending page long letters, thanks. I am too busy with what feminazi chicks do to read all this shite.

Old 03-13-2018, 07:56 PM   #207
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Nice manners

I'm pretending to know the situation by asking questions while you spew hearsay and conjecture? #logic You seemed like an authority and a person with a real life that doesn't spend the majority of their time on a hate board. That's why I asked. Jeeee-eee--eeez
not sure if you're being sarcastic about spending the majority of my time on a hate board. i might spend 1 hour a day here if it's a particularly busy day

look, whether billy leaked the picture or not, he did not condemn the leak and he posted how much he loves mancow when he got fired soon after. don't you think a decent person with influence over the person doing something like leaking a picture of your beaten up supposed friend would address it in some manner? tell mancow to stop? or at least not praise him right afterwards like nothing happened?

Old 03-13-2018, 08:00 PM   #208
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuzzledMuzzle View Post
I don't think she was capable of playing an entire 2 hour set back in January. But the way he handled it, diminishing her part and all. Also, at least fucking MEET, and jam for a few hours and see if there's any chance of it working out. All this talk for years and the guy never had 1-2 days to hook up with her? Invite her to a studio in Chicago? Put her on a plane and be a nice guy for a change?
exactly, he's the one with the power in the situation, the one who makes what happen happen. the fact that they never met is on him primarily.

Old 03-13-2018, 08:46 PM   #209
KissesandNoise
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
ignore function, if we ban everyone who comes from a certain subreddit, we might as well take the board offline at this point, I guess.
Hey! I only paid attention to the SP Reddit at the beginning of this reunion talk. I've been here way longer. There's that inclusive spirit!

Old 03-13-2018, 08:48 PM   #210
wpc33
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: Cheating on my wife with Kurt Cobain's wife. He'll live.

Quote:
Nice manners
#logic
Go fuck yourself