Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2015, 08:36 AM   #211
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post
kinda funny though how someone who thinks people in general are too focused on sex is all for people like nicki minaj. How does that reconcile?

btw there is no slut shaming because i didn't call her a slut. I don't believe in that word. Promiscuity (perceived or real) is not an issue to me. Selling anything and everything with sex is though. I don't care what gender is doing it. at the risk at sounding like a conservative, i'm pretty fucking sick of asses tits and fucking being in every other pop song. That's how you get a culture that puts too much emphasis on sex, that one thing you're not very comfortable with. And assuming that any of those mainstream pop club music bullshit artists ever possibly have anything half clever or worthwhile to say about I dont know....sexuality, beauty standards, gender roles, misogyny, what have you... is completely lost on 99.9% of the population anyway. Probably because their message is delivered with extremely conflicting imagery, nevermind confusing wording (at least for the average idiot). Mostly though they're just dumb shits making music for dumb shits.
if I was you i'd be slightly more concerned with your culture's emphasis on violence

Old 09-10-2015, 08:40 AM   #212
ilikeplanets
Braindead

oh yes, canadian violence

Old 09-10-2015, 08:46 AM   #213
FoolofaTook

goddammit ilp I thought you were on my side!

fucking Canadians ruining everything again

Old 09-10-2015, 08:46 AM   #214
FoolofaTook

Canadians americans, same difference right?

Old 09-10-2015, 09:13 AM   #215
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I wish! Although he is French Canadian so there must be something sinister there

Old 09-10-2015, 09:18 AM   #216
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

French Canadians just act like that so they don't feel like Americans. Canada is just North North Dakota and they know it.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:20 AM   #217
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I drove a BMW for the first time, today. Probably also the last.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:27 AM   #218
D.
Consume my pants.

i'm gonna go on a three hour walk.

without a bicycle this year, i've been feeling terrible. i've tried to start up running in the morning like i did last year and such but it's been hard to be motivated. since hitting my weight goal around the beginning of this year, i've gained back 5-7 pounds.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:29 AM   #219
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

how's your sleep? It's losing sleep that makes me fat. I say that, and yet here I am at 1:29am posting at netphoria.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:34 AM   #220
D.
Consume my pants.

i'm the worst. ever since i was like 12, i've been one of those people who almost never go to bed at a decent time. even though i know i'm gonna be tired in the morning, i will stay up. i think i'm getting the most out of each day but really i'm killing myself.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:34 AM   #221
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

D. do you even lift

Old 09-10-2015, 11:35 AM   #222
ilikeplanets
Braindead

my sleep schedule is a literal nightmare

Old 09-10-2015, 11:36 AM   #223
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogfighter28 View Post
D. do you even lift
that was another thing. i have a little workout routine downstairs in the basement but have fallen behind on that. it sounds weird and dumb but i don't even know if i'm planking right or doing my butt exercises right and i get discouraged and then kind of trail off for a while before picking it all back up again.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:42 AM   #224
ilikeplanets
Braindead

there are no incorrect butt exercises

Old 09-10-2015, 11:43 AM   #225
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
I drove a BMW for the first time, today. Probably also the last.
Good.

What model?

Old 09-10-2015, 11:44 AM   #226
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
there are no incorrect butt exercises
i felt my calves were getting more of the workout than my actual butt. because aren't you supposed to feel a good workout in the place you worked out? i felt nothing in my butt but the back of my legs n such were "good kind of sore"

Old 09-10-2015, 11:55 AM   #227
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

This is a bit long, but I put it together for anyone interested.

Recipe for eventual maximum fitness. I promise that sticking to this for a period of 6 months will yield results beyond what you think is possible, and you'll want to make it a permanent fixture in your habits.

Get a barbell rack and weights up to 300 lbs for your home gym off Craigslist. Save up for it. Used, it can be bought for cheap. I'm all about that frugality. Note: if you don't have a house, and can afford the fee, find a gym that has a good number of power racks and a deadlift platform.

Spend some time reading the book Starting Strength. Understand what muscles each exercise works, how to do it with proper form, and avoid injury. Record yourself as you progress, making corrections along the way. You don't need a trainer if you are dedicated to checking yourself.

Follow the programming suggested in the back sections, which amounts to a very simple set of exercises, 3 times a week for about an hour. You will be doing combinations of these:

-Squat
-Bench press
-Overhead press
-Deadlift
-Pull ups

That's basically all you need to do to increase your metabolism, gain muscle, get lean, and feel great. The only reason to make it more complicated than that is if you're a bodybuilder.

I do add in some curls, kettlebell swings, rows, tricep extensions, but only after I had done the main routine for a good while and needed to add variety.

You can eat pretty much whatever you want, barring fast food every day or something similarly extreme. The amount of calories burned by heavy lifting surpasses that of most cardio. Only thing better is high intensity interval training, which can be pretty hellish.

You're going to need to eat a lot just to keep up with the caloric demands - and if you manage to keep to whole foods most of the time that's even better. This is the part I have been struggling with most. I've gained a lot of muscle and feel good, but I've retained some of my lifelong baby fat. I don't have a firm grip on nutritional plans yet to make a specific recommendation other than eat a lot of healthy stuff or else you'll fall asleep all the time.

And of course the cardio work such as D. is doing will keep your heart and lungs healthy and contribute to burning fat. A good mix of weight training and other exercise is easy to achieve with even 30 mins to an hour 5-6 days a week. I do 3-4 strength days, and 2-3 runs a week.

With this, or a similar plan, not only are you going to feel good about your body, but the mental health benefits are amazing. Could be the best part tbh.

For the girls who are thinking "i dont want to get ripped/bulky" etc, it's pretty hard for girls to achieve that bodybuilder look, and you will not get that body type unless you try very hard and do some specific training/diet stuff. Most of the girls I see lifting weights at my gym are very fit but not "muscular".

Finally, none of this works unless you are good at keeping to a habit. If anyone wants to become an accountability partner, I'd love to help. I have been using stickk. Look it up - you commit to pay an amount of money to a charity (either one you like, or hate) if you fail to do your habit.

You can also designate a person as a beneficiary. You might be able to do it without doing the money thing, but it is a powerful motivating factor. Since I started my current 8 week goal, I have only missed once, due to a vacation on which I accidentally didnt bring my running shoes. I really struggled being consistent before making the commitment public and getting a friend to sign on as my coach.

Hope this is helpful to someone.

Old 09-10-2015, 11:58 AM   #228
yo soy el mejor

so annoying

Old 09-10-2015, 12:05 PM   #229
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
i felt my calves were getting more of the workout than my actual butt. because aren't you supposed to feel a good workout in the place you worked out? i felt nothing in my butt but the back of my legs n such were "good kind of sore"
lift from your butt then!! what exactly are you doing? i like to do those kick back things from all fours to work it out but ya gotta actively use your ass instead of your legs

Old 09-10-2015, 12:24 PM   #230
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
lift from your butt then!! what exactly are you doing? i like to do those kick back things from all fours to work it out but ya gotta actively use your ass instead of your legs
lift from your butt doesn't even make any fucking sense!!

if you're doing squats, D. be sure to keep your heels grounded and use them to push off when you get to the bottom. see if that burns your butt.

Old 09-10-2015, 01:06 PM   #231
ilikeplanets
Braindead

it does make sense

Old 09-10-2015, 01:08 PM   #232
ilikeplanets
Braindead

if you don't believe me ask your mom !!

Old 09-10-2015, 01:21 PM   #233
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post

if you're doing squats, D. be sure to keep your heels grounded and use them to push off when you get to the bottom. see if that burns your butt.
Butt drive.

Old 09-10-2015, 02:53 PM   #234
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post

must spread rep

thx!

Old 09-10-2015, 02:55 PM   #235
D.
Consume my pants.

oh also my buttxercise is reps of this:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercise...tt-lift-bridge

Old 09-10-2015, 04:21 PM   #236
noyen
Immortal

ensign crusher, to my readyroom. computer! launch boy sex program. engage buttsex thrusters!

Old 09-10-2015, 04:30 PM   #237
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

lift do u even bro

Old 09-10-2015, 04:36 PM   #238
noyen
Immortal

cnn panel of expert witnesses on buttsex enthusiasts, plz welcome this asshole.

Old 09-10-2015, 04:46 PM   #239
Dogfighter28
ILL KILL UR DOG

Old 09-10-2015, 05:13 PM   #240
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyen View Post
cnn panel of expert witnesses on buttsex enthusiasts, plz welcome this asshole.
Expert witness #1: goth bartender