Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 06-07-2014, 08:09 PM   #181
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

so what's with all your shitty little provocative comments then? all you've done is stoke the fire. that response is just another example of it. legitimizing this concept that i'm personally attacking starla because her arguments are full of holes.

you are human filth, futureboy.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:10 PM   #182
Starla

Well, I disagree with you. I'm not uninformed. I've been working in health care long enough to see the changes that has taken place since the aca went into effect.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:13 PM   #183
Trotskilicious
Banned

so how come you can't tell me about the negative changes?

how come every one you've brought up so far people ask you "how is that different or worse than the old status quo?" and you can't answer it, you just use escape hatches?

seriously i'm done here, someone else can take over

and fuck you futureboy you goddamn good for nothing basement dwelling troll.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:13 PM   #184
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
i say you get your information from the conservative media and infowars because so far every talking point you've brought up is directly from that media sphere and you can't elaborate on it at all

if that's a personal insult i don't know what to tell you, stay out of political discussion then.

personal insults are what i've been lobbing at futureboy, who again, is deliberately goading you into attacking me for his own amusement.
And... that is YOUR opinion. I barely have time to watch or read the news these days. If that is how you see me, then you really don't know one damn thing about me at all. You're basically saying I'm so ignorant, I get my talking points from only one source. I guess I will just..stay out of political discussion then. Then you can have the whole board to yourself.... where your opinions are the only right ones here.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:14 PM   #185
Starla

Thumbs down

Quote:
so how come you can't tell me about the negative changes?
I already have and you said it was just conservative talking points. Right? I've probably wasted enough time in other threads, discussing them there as well.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:15 PM   #186
Trotskilicious
Banned

yeah they are conservative talking points that fall apart as soon as you ask "how is that different or worse than the old status quo?"

Old 06-07-2014, 08:15 PM   #187
Starla

Quote:
and fuck you futureboy you goddamn good for nothing basement dwelling troll.
You're going to blame him for your posts here? You're not in control of what you write?

Old 06-07-2014, 08:16 PM   #188
Trotskilicious
Banned

the biggest one is "people have to pay for health care now"

okay, fine. you win that one.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:17 PM   #189
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starla View Post
You're going to blame him for your posts here? You're not in control of what you write?
there isn't a single personal insult in any one of my posts, i made sure of that because i'm talking to someone i like

but whatever starla, whatever.

futureboy legitimized the idea that i was personally attacking you with his constant shitty little comments and you're now acting like i'm viciously attacking you

Old 06-07-2014, 08:17 PM   #190
Starla

Quote:
yeah they are conservative talking points that fall apart as soon as you ask "how is that different or worse than the old status quo?"
Why do you care since I'm so uninformed?

I'm so stupid, I can only understand infowars.

Old 06-07-2014, 08:29 PM   #191
Trotskilicious
Banned

i think there's really only one answer to that question.

Old 06-07-2014, 09:04 PM   #192
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

Id like to point out that what she took offense to was said to her before I said anything at all, if Im somehow responsible for trolling you into saying something to her so I could then troll her into taking offense and retaliating then god damn am I good or what

Old 06-07-2014, 09:15 PM   #193
Trotskilicious
Banned

shut the fuck up you fucking wanker

you know exactly what you were doing, and it wasn't whatever nonsense you just wrote

Old 06-07-2014, 09:19 PM   #194
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

you want me to quote the series of posts

Old 06-07-2014, 09:33 PM   #195
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
???

what should be involved in health care, then?

still blaming the ACA and marketplace for the insurance industry
Quote:
You were on my facebook for months. I have to wonder what you really think about me. Not sure why you're being nasty today. Whatever...
Quote:
i'm not being nasty! i haven't said you were stupid or an idiot or personally insulting to you. yeah i said you "sound like a republican" because you kind of do

i like you bunches, i just think you're going about this the wrong way

but c'est la vie

i am tired, i wish debaser was here

ultimately i don't hold this against you

just futureboy
Quote:
Why does it matter what I sound like? I'm conservative on some issues, and lean to the left on others. I've already said many times, I'm tired of the dem and repub parties.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Boy View Post
well talk about how trots crush on you keeps him from attacking you and holding things against you
Quote:
shut the fuck up you creep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Boy View Post
see we cant do it here he'll get all touchy
Quote:
The thing is, once you've accused me of being self centered, and getting information from infowars, I don't feel so much like putting any effort into this discussion. You've insulted me already.... you can't have discussions without attacking people on a personal level. Do you realize how old that gets, and why I don't give a fuck now?
...and then I mentioned that your heart burns for her

but you'd already insulted her by then, you just ignored her telling you so because a spade is a spade or some shit like that

surprisingly "I only called you an idiot because you sound like one" didnt sit right with her for some reason

Old 06-07-2014, 10:17 PM   #196
Order 66
Socialphobic

keep the white knighting in your pm box

Old 06-07-2014, 10:22 PM   #197
Trotskilicious
Banned

i love how he quotes all of it so any rational person can see what a creepy instigator he is rather conveniently.

also it managed to shift attention away from the fact that he embarrassed himself in this thread, so there's also that.

get fucked, futureboy

Old 06-07-2014, 10:23 PM   #198
Trotskilicious
Banned

and he's been sitting in this thread all day like some kind of toad, just waiting to stoke the fires a little more

Old 06-07-2014, 10:29 PM   #199
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

nah i was in sp for a while

Old 06-07-2014, 10:32 PM   #200
Order 66
Socialphobic

fuck off you fat loser

Old 06-07-2014, 10:35 PM   #201
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

the helicopter?

Old 06-07-2014, 10:42 PM   #202
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

damn had i noticed i wouldve gone with margin

Old 06-08-2014, 12:09 AM   #203
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
I just love how people on netphoria think they know me...
what I know is that you are unable to be swayed by arguments of "the greatest common good" and I know this from having several lengthy arguments with you over the efficacy of the ACA and other elements of the Obama presidency

Old 06-08-2014, 12:40 AM   #204
Starla

Then I guess it would be fair for me to say that based on your posts here, I know everything about you on a personal level.

I'm a realist, and when I see problems in front of me, I'm not going to lie about them and pretend they don't exist. I don't care how many times I'm called a liar on this forum, or told that I don't know what I'm talking about.

In regards to Obama's presidency, the health care issues are miniscule to me. It's his other lies and corruption that are far more concerning.

I hear way more positive things about the aca on this forum, than I do at work. It's interesting for sure.

Old 06-08-2014, 12:42 AM   #205
Starla

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
what I know is that you are unable to be swayed by arguments of "the greatest common good" and I know this from having several lengthy arguments with you over the efficacy of the ACA and other elements of the Obama presidency
Yeah, I have a clear understanding how the "greatest common good" works. I've seen it in action. I grew up with that mindset foisted on me.

Old 06-08-2014, 12:42 AM   #206
redbreegull

Quote:
Then I guess it would be fair for me to say that based on your posts here, I know everything about you on a personal level.

I'm a realist, and when I see problems in front of me, I'm not going to lie about them and pretend they don't exist. I don't care how many times I'm called a liar on this forum, or told that I don't know what I'm talking about.

In regards to Obama's presidency, the health care issues are miniscule to me. It's his other lies and corruption that are far more concerning.

I hear way more positive things about the aca on this forum, than I do at work. It's interesting for sure.
it's interesting how your definition of "realist" is one who trusts only what is immediately empirically apparent and not information in aggregate or controlled study

Old 06-08-2014, 12:44 AM   #207
redbreegull

Quote:
Yeah, I have a clear understanding how the "greatest common good" works. I've seen it in action. I grew up with that mindset foisted on me.
you're right of course, your personal experiences and what you have heard word-of-mouth are definitely the best ways to judge policies that are thousands of pages long and affect hundreds of millions of people

Old 06-08-2014, 12:49 AM   #208
Starla

Quote:
it's interesting how your definition of "realist" is one who trusts only what is immediately empirically apparent and not information in aggregate or controlled study
So I'm not supposed to trust what I see taking place in front of me, every day of the week? Or the numbers and studies provided to me by my co workers, or the head of our department?

None of you want to even entertain the possibility that I know what I'm talking about... you just want to kick back and tell me I'm stupid, and don't know anything at all.

Do you function this way in the real world with people? If so, how does that work for you in your personal relationships?

Old 06-08-2014, 12:51 AM   #209
Starla

Quote:
you're right of course, your personal experiences and what you have heard word-of-mouth are definitely the best ways to judge policies that are thousands of pages long and affect hundreds of millions of people
I'm in the best position to have an opinion on this. You don't like what I have to say, therefore, you choose to discredit me.

What if I came here saying that it's working and it's perfect.. and no one is having problems. Would you believe me then?

Old 06-08-2014, 01:00 AM   #210
redbreegull

no, it would be equally as ridiculous as your adherence to anecdotal evidence over vast statistical evidence compiled by huge numbers of bipartisan professionals. this has nothing to do with anyone assuming they know anything about you, just the kind of arguments you make here. It's like you want to debate, but then you're all like DONT JUDGE ME ON MY ARGUMENT