Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 01-21-2007, 07:58 PM   #211
Andy /

OK, game is already on and I missed the first two drives. Be back later.

Old 01-21-2007, 08:09 PM   #212
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySlash
What was the last post on netphoria that actually made you lol?
i have absolutely no idea.

Old 01-21-2007, 08:13 PM   #213
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship

Quote:
Discovery, The History Channel, or PBS- Given all were available to you, which of these would you watch more than the others and why?
Discovery. History is essentially always a repeat, and while I enjoy it, it's a lot of things I already know. PBS is my third choice because most of what they have on there is inferior to the quality of programming on the other channels. Plus I'd rather be subjected to 3 mins of commercials every 15 mins than a 10 minute pledge drive every 1/2 hr

Old 01-21-2007, 08:14 PM   #214
Nimrod's Son

Quote:
I'll have to watch that one again.

Who is your favorite non-main 4 character on South Park and why?
Butters, narrowly over Towelie, because he's such the put upon sweet innocent. He's really out of all of the kids, the only one who is really innocent. He's the only kid who's really... a kid.

And unfortunately Towelie is a one trick pony.

Old 01-21-2007, 08:16 PM   #215
Nimrod's Son

Quote:
I understood about 25% of this post, but was at least able to understand who had what at the end.

What is your earliest childhood memory? How vivid would you say it is?
damn, i was hoping you would. elvis got it i'm sure.

2 years old, watching my sister get on a school bus in the snow from my window, and wanting to be on said bus.

Old 01-21-2007, 08:16 PM   #216
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Butters is so hilarious.

Old 01-21-2007, 08:17 PM   #217
mirrar
Braindead

Smile

Quote:
Both of those stories are great and sound like a lot of fun.

You did a silent disco thing, too, right? What were you dancing to that no one else could hear?
HMMM. at one point i was doing a crazy jumping around dance to mono by courtney love sandstorm by da rude (steve plugged his headphones into mine for that) lcd soundsystem, tubthumping, the knife, it was a whole mix of stuff.

Old 01-21-2007, 08:18 PM   #218
Voice Implodes
Minion of Satan

Quote:
OK, me either actually. The ones I do have a sub to I barely read, so I understand.

I assume from your avs that you smoke weed occasionally. What has been your best high?
my best high ever would be downtown at the BC Marijuana Party Headquarters. Inside they have a smoking lounge with Vaporizors and volcanoes hooked up. The first time I went, last summer, I had never used a Volcano vape before. It hit me so fucking hard, and it was the good kind of high too, where you are just happy, zoning in and out, diggin any and all music that comes on, and afterwards this lead to my adventure with the scientologists.

Old 01-21-2007, 08:18 PM   #219
mirrar
Braindead

Talking

Quote:
He seems to single you out to kick. Does Steve have a crush on you?
thankfully no! i am often lacking in males who i am just friends with, he's cool like that. i often tell him how i love what a good non-creepy friend he is.

Old 01-21-2007, 08:22 PM   #220
mirrar
Braindead

Arrow

Quote:
How many times would you estimate you have dyed your hair? What was the worst one?
well i've been dying it since i was seventeen, so over the years.. probably in the ballpark of 35-45 times.

the worst by far was my first roommate doing it with turquoise that had gone bad. it was blonde, green and this horrific .. swamp colour. i went to class the next day and my prof was talking about oppression, he said "you shouldn't judge people by their race, religion.. whatever the HELL they've done to their hair..." and looked right at me. i put a hat on for the rest of the day but i was pretty amused by it. and i fixed it to a nice christmas tree green the next night.

Old 01-21-2007, 08:47 PM   #221
hereisnowhy
Minion of Satan

Quote:
But did you actually take a bath? And why a bath and not a shower?
I was answering the question, not asking it. I thought you of all people would be clear on the difference. For shame, AndySlash, for shame.

Old 01-21-2007, 08:50 PM   #222
obscured01
Minion of Satan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Hi Sarah.

If you had unlimited funds for your honeymoon this year, what all would you do?
Europe, hands down. Take a month or two off, and visit to Scotland, England, Ireland, France, Switzerland, Italy and Austria. We'd have a blast. I'm not sure if we'd rent a car, or ride the trains from country to country... but it would be awesome. I'm a huge fan of those Globe Trekker type shows and my adventurous side would want our vacation to be like that.

Then again, we are actually going to the beach and I'm pretty excited about that at well, totally relaxation and such. I'm sure we'll need it.

Old 01-21-2007, 08:59 PM   #223
ammy
yer mom

Quote:
Thanks.

What is your favorite local news station and why?

i prettymuch avoid watching the news

Old 01-21-2007, 09:02 PM   #224
ammy
yer mom

i guess the closest i have is that i have BBC and CNN on my google home page.

Old 01-21-2007, 09:21 PM   #225
pale blue eyes
NOPE.

Quote:
You win the lottery. Say 10 million dollars. What kind of things do you do with your newfound wealth?
Boring / obligatory stuff:
1) Pay off debt
2) Move out of sister's apartment / Get own place
3) Buy a car (That I will soon be able to LEGALLY DRIVE BY MYSELF!!!!)
4) Spoil parents rotten as thanks for putting up with me
5) Buy a ton of food and enjoy having my stupid sister not eat it when I'm out of the room. BITCH.
6) Take my real first vacation in several years. I don't care where, just some place secluded.

Selfish stuff:
1) Hire decorator to make new place looks like somebody actually lives there....and said person is not a total fucking dork.
2) Buy the fuckton of books, CDs, vinyl I have on a list to buy but cannot afford.
3) Update wardrobe so people do not think I am a librarian / fifteen year-old but also not a whore. I want a happy medium, damn it.
4) Give money to charity. Not AIDS or some charity that everybody else already gives money to, something personal to me. Maybe research on seizure disorders or somehow providing psychological treatment for the homeless.
5) Pay somebody off to make sure that John Travolta never makes another movie ever again. I do not want him dead, I just don't want to ever see further evidence of his existence from that day on. God, I just hate his FACE.
6) Have my favorite bands play shows in my backyard and then invite my jerkface friend to come watch them with me.

Old 01-21-2007, 09:24 PM   #226
mistle
bonnie stars

stick with fifteen year old librarian. that's hot

Old 01-21-2007, 09:35 PM   #227
noir cat
Socialphobic

Quote:
What would you dress up as if you were able to be in the parade mirrar described?
I'd probably borrow something from Nikki or something.
I dunno, I really don't dress up in any way, shape, or form.
If I do, it's pretty spur of the moment.
Maybe I'd do a mardi gra theme or Medae or Antigone or something...

Quote:
Do you think you're at all taking Miami for granted? Because if you were living here, I'd think you be bored as hell.
Of course I'm taking Miami for granted. But it's pretty expensive and a pain in the ass... it really depends on the area you live and who you know. If you want to have fun, you'd have to be connected with the right people and a whole bunch of them. I guess that's the case for any area, huh?

I'd love to just wander around museums, parks, and big, beautiful libraries all day if I were to spend the day by myself (which I am doing pretty often). Walking here isn't much of an option due to the many, crazy drivers and cars and the heat.

Old 01-21-2007, 09:35 PM   #228
noir cat
Socialphobic

Answer my questions, Andy.

Old 01-21-2007, 09:46 PM   #229
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

Quote:
I know what you mean.

Can you name your five favorite books?
great santini
clockwork orange
geek love
one flew over the cuckoos nest
night

Old 01-21-2007, 09:46 PM   #230
wally
cibohplaicos

Quote:
You have three kids, right? And were married pretty young, correct? Do you ever wish things had been different- that you waited a few years- or are you generally happy with how things are for you?
I wouldn't change a thing about the who when and where I chose to get married or anything about my kids. I love them to death.

The three years before I met my wife could have used some more random casual sex though...

Old 01-21-2007, 09:58 PM   #231
wally
cibohplaicos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariner
Alright Slashypoo, here's a long rambling sea story fer ya:

*snip*

(Y'arrrrrrrrrrrr)
This is the best post I've ever read on Netphoria.

Old 01-21-2007, 11:19 PM   #232
redbull
Immortal

WITH THE LIGHTS OUT
ITS LESS DANGEROUS

Old 01-21-2007, 11:26 PM   #233
Mariner
OB-GYN Kenobi

Talking

easy there wallster

Quote:

Did your passengers thank you for returning them safely and/or did any of them complain about not going out in the first place? I can see the latter happening more than the former, unfortunately.
They actually didn't say much. After that little adventure I think everyone was a bit beyond extensive verbal communication for a bit, but a few people said they enjoyed themselves and no one complained. I very clearly addressed the situation with everyone as they boarded. If anyone objected to the way I handled things they held their tongue since they didn't pipe up when I gave them a pre-emptive chance.

A few of the passengers even stayed out on the exterior deck for most of it. They only went in when it hailed, came out again when the hail let up, and then after the lightning started getting bad someone else from their party came out and dragged them inside. I'd repeatedly told everyone to stay inside and had to send crew to herd people in a few times. A few passengers were still persistent in ignoring my orders (on a quieter day you wouldn't want to see me when that happens. Or maybe you would, heh.) and at a certain point I had more pressing things to turn my attention to so I let it go.

Another thing happened that night too. Even early on it was clear that things were going to be nasty, especially for anyone in a small/open boat. We made a quick foray out onto Lake Superior to start off with, and I noticed a little aluminum fishing boat that wasn't heading for shelter like everyone else. I watched them through binoculars; the boat wasn't making way and its occupants' movements seemed tense and excited. I went as far out as I dared (well past my legal boundary) so that if they were looking for help I'd be close enough for them to wave me over. Didn't happen. Rain made it impossible to tell, even through binoculars, what was going on in the boat. If it got any windier I was going to have a fun time shooting the gap into the harbor, so I turned around and headed in. I radioed the bridge at the harbor entrance and told them to keep an eye on that boat; they said they would.

Conditions on the lake were already pushing past safe for a little boat like that, and the wind was steadily increasing. For a few minutes I heard no emergency calls over the radio, and the bridge never radioed anyone else about the fishing boat. Then a Coast Guard rescue boat went flying by on its way out to the lake. Great. In no time the Coasties were on the radio with the bridge, asking if the bridge tenders could see a small fishing boat in distress; the Coasties were looking for one but couldn't see any boat for miles. The bridge radioed back and said they couldn't see anything either. My stomach did a little flip, but at that point there was nothing I could do, and knowing the Coast Guard if I'd gotten on the radio to try and help it might've confused things. Heard nothing on the radio beyond that conversation for the rest of the night. Once it was over and I realized how bad it had gotten that night I was not going to be shocked if the next morning there were headlines about missing or drowned fishermen and I'd be involved in an investigation. Nothing of the sort showed up for a few days and I forgot about it.

Jump ahead five months, I'm at a holiday party with a bunch of coworkers. One of them tells a story about one of her friends, who had jokingly complained to her that he was out fishing one day and her boat had radioed the Coast Guard saying they needed help. It quickly became clear it was the same guys I'd seen that night , although I did no such thing. Turns out the guys on the fishing boat saw the storm coming and were preparing to head in when somebody finally got a big fish on the line. It was a fighter but the dude didn't want this one to get away. Between the wind, the waves, and the fight in the fish they spent a good ten minutes trying to drag the thing into the boat. As soon as they did they raced into the harbor. I have no idea how they got in after me but before the Coast Guard. They made it to a boat launch and had their craft hauled out of the water on a trailer, and then the Coast Guard swung by asking if they needed help. At that point, of course, the answer was obvious. I still don't know who alerted the Coast Guard in the first place.

Old 01-21-2007, 11:28 PM   #234
bardy
Immortal

I want to be asked a question

Old 01-21-2007, 11:35 PM   #235
neopryn
let's see your penis!

Quote:
Can you name a favorite line, character, and episode from Arrested Development? Do you think, if the show had moved to Showtime, that it would have improved with less restrictions placed on it?
Character is GOB easily. Episode is Meat the Veals probably.

The line I laughed the hardest at was Michael from that episode "Actually, you tried to put a banger in my mouth this morning," but it's hard to call that my favorite. I'd have to do an extensive rewatch of the entire series to determine that, and I'm saving that for this summer.

I'm glad the show didn't move to Showtime because I think the bleeps were funnier than the swear words would have been, and it's hard to imagine it getting much dirtier anyway. Also I think Season 3, while still dumbfoundingly brilliant, was slighty below the standard of the first two season, and also Development Arrested was such a perfect ending, so it was a good time to quit.

Old 01-21-2007, 11:46 PM   #236
Andy /

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son
so the weather starting getting rough and the tiny ship was tossed?

Ginger or Mary Ann?

Old 01-21-2007, 11:51 PM   #237
Andy /

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammy
i have a sheet of paper somewhere with various names on it... not sure where it is though, i should keep that..
It'd be good for a scrapbook if you're into that sort of thing.

Will you let Des be into Santa Claus, and if so at what point do you think you'll tell the truth about it? If not, are you going to try and prevent her from spilling the beans to other kids who might grow up with SC in their lives?

Old 01-21-2007, 11:53 PM   #238
Andy /

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir cat
Nikki, your friends always look so interesting.

Can you tell me about your best friend? How did you meet, how long have you been friends, what really brought you together, that kind of thing?

Old 01-21-2007, 11:53 PM   #239
ammy
yer mom

oh man. still haven't figured that one out.

Old 01-21-2007, 11:55 PM   #240
Andy /

Quote:
Originally Posted by the antipop
I just puked rice. Bah.
Ick.

What are you most proud of about being from Austria? In other words, what about your country might you boast about if given the opportunity?