Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2020, 11:33 AM   #331
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Location: FlamingGlobes and FoolofaTook are both on my ignore list, and honestly, I love it.

Old 07-29-2020, 11:46 AM   #332
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/29/polit...rus/index.html

Quote:
Gohmert had been scheduled to fly aboard Air Force One on Wednesday with President Donald Trump to Midland, Texas, where the President is fundraising and touring an oil rig. He tested positive for coronavirus on Wednesday morning during a pre-flight screening at the White House, a person familiar with the situation told CNN. Because of the positive test, Gohmert is not traveling with the President.

Old 07-29-2020, 01:04 PM   #333
yo soy el mejor

Old 07-29-2020, 06:35 PM   #334
buzzard
Minion of Satan

"When you write your story, can you include the fact that [Gohmert] requires full staff to be in the office, including three interns, so that 'we could be an example to America on how to open up safely,'" the aide added. "When probing the office, you might want to ask how often were people berated for wearing masks."

It'll be so cool if the virus passes from Barr's nose to Trump's rectum.

Old 07-29-2020, 06:42 PM   #335
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Jokes aside, though, it'd actually be quite lovely if William Barr simply succumbed to the virus and died in a puddle of sweat and nasal mucus.

Old 07-30-2020, 08:13 AM   #336
yo soy el mejor

i feel ya

Old 07-30-2020, 01:34 PM   #337
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post

Old 07-30-2020, 01:42 PM   #338
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Be careful while making that Bunnings Warehouse run.

Old Yesterday, 09:57 AM   #339
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Dr. Osterholm: Americans will be living with the coronavirus for decades

Quote:
Published: Aug. 1, 2020 at 10:59 a.m. ET

Dr. Michael Osterholm, epidemiologist at the University of Minnesota, recognized the coronavirus would become a pandemic as early as January

MarketWatch: What do you think the biggest failure in the U.S. response has been?

Osterholm: We’ve failed because we declared victory over the virus when we had no business doing so. This virus has been poised to be transmitted in our communities, and we thought we had done enough to get it down. It’s like a fire crew. “I only put out half the forest fire but you know, I put out half so we’re done.” And then look what happened. It’s burned more acres since we gave up than it did before we gave up.

MarketWatch: One of the things I’m pretty interested in is the talk and the hope around a vaccine. Do you think we have misconceptions about what it means when we have a vaccine?

Michael Osterholm: Everyone is looking at the vaccine as being a light switch: on or off. And I look at it as a rheostat, that’s going to take a long time, from turning it on from its darkest position to a lightest position. If you’re anticipating a light switch, you’re going to be concerned, confused, and in some cases very disappointed in what it might look like in those first days to months with a vaccine.

MarketWatch: I saw a piece in The Atlantic this week and I thought they positioned it well. They described it as the beginning of the end.

Osterholm: It won’t be. We will be dealing with this virus forever. Effective and safe vaccines and hopefully ones with some durability will be very important, even critical tools, in fighting it. But the whole world is going to be experiencing COVID-19 ‘til the end of time. We’re not going to be vaccinating our way out of this to eight-plus billion people in the world right now. And if we don’t get durable immunity, we’re potentially looking at revaccination on a routine basis, if we can do that. We’ve really got to come to grips with actually living with this virus, for at least my lifetime, and at the same time, it doesn’t mean we can’t do a lot about it.

Old Yesterday, 11:46 AM   #340
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Yeah, I think it's too late for this not to become endemic and a recurring thing in humanity.

New treatments will hopefully lower the death rate and vaccines will hopefully provide some more resistance, but the boat for containment sailed away back in January, maybe February at the latest.

Old Yesterday, 11:48 AM   #341
Disco King
Minion of Satan

At least we know we'll be judiciously allocating our resources to ensure that the people who need the vaccine most will get it first: movie stars, pop singers, and NFL players.