Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-30-2008, 09:42 PM   #1
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Default Moted

Short for "demoted." As in, recently I was temporarily demoted at my job. Oh, what's that? You want to know the nitty gritty? Here it goes. Don't worry, it shouldn't take to long. Read on:

From the time a Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) graduate student at Utah State University (USU) is done with his coursework, he has one year to continue his practicum work as a therapist if he is still working on his thesis. In other words, you have a year to work as a therapist and concurrently work on your thesis. This is assuming you weren't smart or motivated enough to get it done during the coursework, which is two years. This scenario defines the timeline I took. I finished my coursework in May of 2007. This means I had until May of 2008 to continue working as a therapist and work on my thesis. When the year is up, if you are NOT done with your thesis, you are supposed to stop working as a therapist. You can still work, just not as a therapist. You get the freaking point, right? Right.

Come May of 2008, I was supposed to stop working. Here's the problem: there is no written law about any of this between the state licensing agency and USU. It was a spoken agreement between the USU MFT program director and the state of Utah in order to help students get their theses done and not be students forever. People would work for years without getting their thesis done, then when the time was up, they'd pretty much just go into a different field. So when and why did I get demoted?

Last Friday, because I kept working as a therapist. Mind you, I was supposed to be done in May. I knew about this unwritten law, but I felt justified because I had people around me justifying it for me in certain ways, and of course I justified it as well. Plus I had heard about other people getting away with it as well. If you're going to let ONE SINGLE PERSON get away with it, then you shouldn't be upset when it happens again. Yes, the MFT program was aware of a few cases and didn't really do anything about it...until me.

The mierda (Spanish expletive for feces) hit the fan last Thursday, when through the grape vine (I won't go into details) USU heard about my job. This was one day after I defended my thesis successfully. I thought I was done with everything and that I'd just finish out breaking this imaginary law. Don't worry, I take full responsibility mostly. Full...mostly. Whatever. It all came to a head Friday, October 10th, when I was informed by my boss to not do any therapy that day through email. The day before, my chairman on my thesis committee, who happens to be the USU MFT program director these days, told me everything was fine and no one was going to call the state, and to continue working as usual and it would all just go away. Not so.

So obviously I was surprised the next day to get the email to not do therapy. I thought, "OH MIERDA! I AM GOING TO NOT BE ABLE TO WORK!" I thought I lost my job. No, I didn't lose my job. But I got a temporary pay cut and I can't do therapy for about 6-8 weeks, until this thesis processes and I get my intern license. Basically, I am done with my thesis. It needs to be reviewed by USU's School of Graduate Studies for some APA stuff, and I am sure I'll have some corrections to make. But it's mostly a waiting game. My bosses have bent over backward for me, and have renamed my position to "case manager" and I will be doing a lot of paperwork and stuff that's easy. No therapy, though. Good news is, I keep my same schedule, and that I'll be a therapist again in 6-8 weeks at the same place. And when I start working as a therapist again, I get an awesome pay raise; more than I was making before this mierda. I am pissed at how it all went down, but eternally grateful that it didn't end up as bad as it could have. I have missed many of the details, but the point is, things are fine and I'll be done with USU shortly. That is what's important. This whole process has made me somewhat bitter, as some of my closest friends should know by now. Also, part of my thesis results suggests that the thesis project is almost worthless, and I hear through my secret sources that the faculty in the MFT program are considering dropping it. Maybe I made a difference to future students by doing this thesis. I should look on the bright side of things.

Oh yeah, before, when I said the story shouldn't take too long...I guess I lied. Thanks for reading! Have a great freaking day.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:44 PM   #2
Mo
Immortal

Oh no.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:44 PM   #3
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

i say that even though i hate the person she’s become that i still love her, but i really don’t. i hate her and i don’t love her and i would not forgive her if she she asked me to. i think she’s a disgrace to my family and that she’s helped to tear it even more apart. i hate her and her so called morals. i hate her friends and the rest of her family. her family is what wrong with the rest of mine. i hope that bad and awful things happen to her. i hope she fails to graduate high school next year. i want my grandma and the rest of my family to be dissappointed in her for once and realize that i’m the better one. i want her to gain all her weight back and become the ugly and overweight girl she was before. i hope she never finds love and that she has her heart broken more than once. i want her dreams to crash and burn before her. i hope she wishes she was never alive because she doesn’t deserve it. and now i feel horrible for even thinking these thoughts. she’s my family, i’m not supposed to feel this way, but i don’t care.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:46 PM   #4
pale blue eyes
NOPE.

:/

Old 10-30-2008, 09:47 PM   #5
PeppermintHippo
Apocalyptic Poster

dang dude.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:48 PM   #6
Hate the Hater
Apocalyptic Poster

http://www.mediawatchwatch.org.uk/wp...7/12/moted.jpg

Old 10-30-2008, 09:48 PM   #7
bardy
Immortal

just because it's in a different language doesn't mean it isn't a cuss word

this is from that mormon guy's blog, right?

Old 10-30-2008, 09:48 PM   #8
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic

so wait, did he get demoted for the things he said here or in his blog or is it a combination?

Old 10-30-2008, 09:49 PM   #9
bardy
Immortal

I don't see how it would be things he said here?

Old 10-30-2008, 09:49 PM   #10
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

We should drag him in here and tell us why he got moted.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:50 PM   #11
Sarcastic Smile
Amish Rake Fighter

Location: I fuck in my spare time, this is what I do at work you dumb bitch.-esty

cunt

Old 10-30-2008, 09:50 PM   #12
bardy
Immortal

in WoW there are things called motes

Old 10-30-2008, 09:50 PM   #13
Mo
Immortal

MonteLDS says (9:35 AM):
Its like 55 here
MonteLDS says (9:35 AM):
which is who knows in C
Andrew says (9:36 AM):
yea i dont know what 55 is
MonteLDS says (9:36 AM):
It Would be very very hot to u if in C
Andrew says (9:38 AM):
Did you know that the U.S. and Belize are like the only two countries in the world still using Fahrenheit
Andrew says (9:39 AM):
55 = 12C
MonteLDS says (9:39 AM):
Thank goodness
Andrew says (9:40 AM):
thats not a good thing
MonteLDS says (9:40 AM):
Pfff
Andrew says (9:41 AM):
Why does America resist the metric system? its easier to use and is used by 99% of the world
MonteLDS says (9:41 AM):
A couple of billion ppl changing to C would be pretty stupid
MonteLDS says (9:41 AM):
Yuck to that too
Andrew says (9:41 AM):
??? its only america that hasn't changed to C, last time I checked you didn't have a few billion people
MonteLDS says (9:42 AM):
U figure out a way to teach billions of ppl a new system
Andrew says (9:42 AM):
billions live in the U.S.?
We have more than cannada and that all that matters
Check wiki
I got to go
MonteLDS says (4:35 PM):
So what does the usa have half a billion
Andrew says (4:36 PM):
http://www.census.gov/main/www/popclock.html
Andrew says (4:36 PM):
how do you not know this?
Andrew says (4:37 PM):
i find it somewhat disturbing that you thought billions of people live in the U.S.
MonteLDS says (4:37 PM):
Because I don't read census pages
Andrew says (4:37 PM):
its fairly common knowledge that 300million live in the u.s. and there is 6+ billion in the world
MonteLDS says (4:38 PM):
I think it is b/c all of these "joke" cities we have
Andrew says (4:38 PM):
are you not taught things like this in american schools?
MonteLDS says (4:39 PM):
Do u know how long ago It was since I was in school taught this kind of pointless info
Andrew says (4:40 PM):
its not pointless info, the fact you don't know simple stuff like this shows a great level of ignorance
MonteLDS says (4:40 PM):
The argument is trying to tell a large num of ppl that we need to start using the crappy metric system and temps in c
MonteLDS says (4:40 PM):
So u think your all that b/c u know how many ppl are in the usa
MonteLDS says (4:41 PM):
Give me a break
MonteLDS says (4:42 PM):
That's just arrogance on your part
Andrew says (4:42 PM):
The point is 6.3 billion people in the world, roughly 96% of the whole worlds population uses the metric system, why is your country still using out dated inefficent system
MonteLDS says (4:43 PM):
Yes and everyone thought the world was flat too
Andrew says (4:44 PM):
a lot of people in your country still do
MonteLDS says (4:44 PM):
Here do u get this arrogant idea frok
MonteLDS says (4:44 PM):
From*
MonteLDS says (4:45 PM):
I am possibly going lose cell signal as I go thru the backroads
Andrew says (4:45 PM):
you are the one coming off as arrogant trying to defend Americas non-use of the metric system
Just as a fair warning
Andrew says (4:45 PM):
k
We don't have to use the metric system is what I am saying
Andrew says (4:47 PM):
why do you resist using it though when all other countries in the world have converted over to it, your isolated as one of the only that still uses it, practically all scentific research is done in metric even in the U.S. but America as a society resists changing for no real logical reason
MonteLDS says (4:52 PM):
Because we would have to reteacj millions
MonteLDS says (4:53 PM):
Its not that easy
Andrew says (4:53 PM):
the rest of the world did it, 6+ billion people
MonteLDS says (4:56 PM):
Good for them
The USA is the largest country doing it this way
I don't know the history of this.. But u sure seem to
Andrew says (4:57 PM):
so your main reason for not switching is that you are too lazy to relearn and couldn't be bothered to even phase it in over 20 years?
MonteLDS says (4:57 PM):
No, that is your tag for a reason
Andrew says (4:57 PM):
the USA is one of the only remaining countries doing it this way
MonteLDS says (4:57 PM):
We don't have to change at world opion
Andrew says (5:00 PM):
well its a backward inefficent system thats why the rest of the world moved away from it, america doesn't have to change but its isolated as one of the only countries that still uses it, its obsolete
MonteLDS says (5:07 PM):
The USA is still a world leader
MonteLDS says (5:07 PM):
Despite
Andrew says (5:10 PM):
that has nothing to do with this argument about metric
Andrew says (5:10 PM):
do you mind if i post this metric debate we have had on Netphoria? I want to get other people input on it
MonteLDS says (5:19 PM):
Sure
MonteLDS says (5:19 PM):
I don't care
Andrew says (5:19 PM):
haha ok
MonteLDS says (5:20 PM):
The fact that the USA is still a world leader was to point out the whole metric thing is meaning less in the big scheme of things
Andrew says (5:21 PM):
you don't know what you are talking about

Old 10-30-2008, 09:50 PM   #14
sickbadthing
Out fart the hottie!

life scares me. or maybe it’s not life…more like growing up scares me. the changes we undergo, and i don’t mean puberty. i mean people change. i was best friends with this girl since we were both two. we grew apart two years ago…i miss her, because nobody understands me like she does, even now. we still have fun times now, but she has her own group of best friends…we don’t hang out much. and my almost-best friend now…well. she isn’t much of a friend, she’s too selfish. sometimes i hate her. i want a best friend who will understand me. i really do. i want my old best friend back. only, we’re different now, so i don’t think that could happen.

and da- is my friend too, but could he PLEASE stop making fun of me? does he think it’s funny calling me fat? cause i’m not skinny, but i KNO i’m not fat. for sure. i play at least 2 hours of tennis every day. at LEAST. i hate him sometimes too.

everything was so much simpler when i was little. people seemed nicer, i was friends with everyone. i hate this. i want my real friends back.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:51 PM   #15
Mo
Immortal

Who said that?

/Oh, yeah.

Last edited by Mo : 10-30-2008 at 10:00 PM.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:52 PM   #16
sickbadthing
Out fart the hottie!

Today I did slightly more than usual at the gym - 6 miles on the treadmill.

Then I had sweet-and-sour chicken for dinner. Then I had a box of granola bars. Then I had a family-size bag of wine gums. Then I made myself hurl.

I never used to do this, but about 2 years ago, I left my boyfriend. We were a roller-coaster/relationship/nightmare. I thought we’d never figure it out, so I left. Now I am bulemic, and I don’t know how to stop. I keep thinking I have it under control, but then I do it again.

Guys think I’m attractive, I look fit, not skeletal. I have dated. I just love my ex.

I don’t think I will ever get over this, and I am so tired of crying. Anyone watch “Cast Away” and get teary? That’s how much I love him. Or maybe I’m just insane, and addicted to a person. Can you be addicted? Maybe love isn’t real. Perhaps I’m just nuts.

If I wasn’t so worried about my sanity, I would without doubt proclaim that he, too, still loves me - as much as ever. In spite of the time passed. Maybe we’re both crazy. I have blocked his emails, so who knows if he’s trying to get in touch. I don’t think he’s got my phone number, anymore.

While I’m wearing my “confession hat,” I hate my mother. She’s a self-centered, shallow bitch. My dad would be good, if only he reclaim his balls from my mother.

And, why not? The guy I’m fucking has a girlfriend. They’ve been together for over 10 years. Aside from his affair with me, he seems like a very level-headed, good guy. Additionally, he’s an ex-rugby player and sexy as hell. At first, I rejected his attempts to be romantically involved. I told him to put that energy into his starved relationship. I tried to do the right thing.

It goes against everything I’ve ever stood for morally - I am truly shocked at myself. If I read my entry, I would think, “You’re screwing a taken guy. Clearly, you are the kind of person who would do such a thing. I would never sink so low. It wouldn’t even occur to me.” But here I am. I am ending it in a week, when I move very far away.

I wonder if I will ever get over my ex. I am really not wallowing. I am making a committed effort to appreciate my life, and to cultivate something happy without him. Just when I feel like things may be ok in that department, something happens, and I’m grieving all over again.

I also really miss his family.

I just want to be happy. It’s funny. Most people I know would describe me first by saying that I am always laughing or smiling - that I bring life into the room because I am always in a good mood.

I suppose you could say I’m an optimist. I must think things will get better or I would fucking jump off a cliff.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:52 PM   #17
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

I dream that one day the Moted blog post will replace the Gold Coast article.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:53 PM   #18
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

growing up, i dreamed of becoming a pacifist—which, back then, i thought was someone who lived in the pacific ocean

Old 10-30-2008, 09:54 PM   #19
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Pacifist, pacificist, same thing.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:54 PM   #20
Thaniel Buckner
Minion of Satan

his un on the blog was the same as here. a simple google search of his name would bring any curious soul straight here.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:56 PM   #21
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic

i use my parent’s vibrators. and im in high school. im a girl.

Old 10-30-2008, 09:59 PM   #22
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardy View Post
I don't see how it would be things he said here?
well he said some pretty fucked up things here..

Old 10-30-2008, 10:02 PM   #23
bardy
Immortal

I just don't see someone googling him like that. That seems like a lot of effort to put into him... they were just angry he lied to them, not trying to ruin a political campaign. But maybe I have missed some of the story?

Old 10-30-2008, 10:06 PM   #24
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic

well idk, he seemed freaked out enough to ask for every ounce of his existence here to be purged.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:07 PM   #25
bardy
Immortal

does anyone know his real name

Old 10-30-2008, 10:14 PM   #26
maoi
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardy View Post
does anyone know his real name
Blake *****

http://www.facebook.com/people/Blake_*****/733948338