Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2015, 02:04 PM   #1
Catherine Wheel
Banned

Default Woman I'm dating was sexually harassed

We are coworkers also and she told me last week that this guy who is the brother of the assistant principal and who volunteers there sexually harassed her. I've seen him be a creep to another woman in the lunch room and I saw her tell him he was being disrespectful. To make matters even worse the two teachers that I work with think he's mentally challenged. She hasn't mentioned it again since then but it's still on my mind.

Old 05-16-2015, 02:27 PM   #2
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

i will see to it that this is reported to the administrative persons in charge as soon as humanly possible, thanks for letting me know

p.s. was it stevie sea

Old 05-16-2015, 02:28 PM   #3
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

dammit mals i was gonna say it's probably Steven Seagal.

Old 05-16-2015, 02:38 PM   #4
Catherine Wheel
Banned

She told me he tried to look down her shirt and was staring at her. He did the staring thing in the lunch room which prompted the woman to say he was being disrespectful. And that wasn't even the first time.

Old 05-16-2015, 02:40 PM   #5
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Classic Seagal

Old 05-16-2015, 02:52 PM   #6
Mooney
Socialphobic

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Wheel View Post
She told me he tried to look down her shirt and was staring at her.
a potentially mentally handicapped person looking at your girlfriend doesn't necessarily equate to sexual harassment.

Old 05-16-2015, 02:55 PM   #7
Mooney
Socialphobic

thread title should read: creepy, potentially mentally handicapped person made the woman i'm dating uncomfortable.

Old 05-16-2015, 02:57 PM   #8
Catherine Wheel
Banned

Yeah the teacher I work with did say that I should look at the context of the situation. And then when I asked what she meant by that she said she thinks he has a disability. So I guess it's something to consider when thinking about the whole thing.

Old 05-16-2015, 03:12 PM   #9
slunken
Virgo

Wow we have really learned a lot

Old 05-16-2015, 03:26 PM   #10
Elphenor
Braindead

Side Piece

Old 05-16-2015, 03:41 PM   #11
Mooney
Socialphobic

Question

Quote:
Yeah the teacher I work with did say that I should look at the context of the situation. And then when I asked what she meant by that she said she thinks he has a disability. So I guess it's something to consider when thinking about the whole thing.
well, regardless of his capacity, i guess the discussion becomes can looking at someone constitute sexual harassment.

Old 05-16-2015, 03:53 PM   #12
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

pretty sure every woman on earth has been sexually harrassed

but maybe she shouldt have worn that shirt that makes her tits look so hot n sexy. goes both ways

Old 05-16-2015, 03:59 PM   #13
Mooney
Socialphobic

if a lady puts the sweater monkeys out on display, i'm going to steal a glance whether CW thinks that should be against the law or not.

Old 05-16-2015, 04:04 PM   #14
Catherine Wheel
Banned

When she confessed to me I confessed to her that a few years ago when I was working at a middle school I was sexually harassed by some female students that were in my class. One of them said to me that if she was a certain age she would want to be my girlfriend and the other one called me sweetheart. After I told her about that she said to me "Oh you didn't like it?" as if since I'm a man I can't control myself as far as lust and I shouldn't be expected to be able to control myself.

Old 05-16-2015, 04:06 PM   #15
slunken
Virgo

Sexual harassment.

Old 05-16-2015, 04:17 PM   #16
Mooney
Socialphobic

Arrow

Quote:
When she confessed to me I confessed to her that a few years ago when I was working at a middle school I was sexually harassed by some female students that were in my class. One of them said to me that if she was a certain age she would want to be my girlfriend and the other one called me sweetheart. After I told her about that she said to me "Oh you didn't like it?" as if since I'm a man I can't control myself as far as lust and I shouldn't be expected to be able to control myself.
she might have expected you to be flattered by these acts of total non-sexual harassment. or she might have just expected to understand what sexual harassment is, period.

"Sexual harassment is bullying or coercion of a sexual nature, or the unwelcome or inappropriate promise of rewards in exchange for sexual favors"

Old 05-16-2015, 04:23 PM   #17
Catherine Wheel
Banned

When she told me her story she used the words sexual harassment. So you're saying maybe she should have just said he made her feel uncomfortable?

In my situation the girl said she wanted to be my girlfriend. How is that not sexual harassment?

Old 05-16-2015, 04:30 PM   #18
Mooney
Socialphobic

Quote:
When she told me her story she used the words sexual harassment. So you're saying maybe she should have just said he made her feel uncomfortable?

In my situation the girl said she wanted to be my girlfriend. How is that not sexual harassment?
what part of someone telling you they wish they were older so they could be your girlfriend do you consider harassment?

Old 05-16-2015, 04:38 PM   #19
Catherine Wheel
Banned

It still seems inappropriate. I mean she liked me at that time in a certain way but she knew she couldn't do anything about it so she said after a certain age.

Old 05-16-2015, 04:40 PM   #20
Catherine Wheel
Banned

She could have just not said anything at all.

Old 05-16-2015, 04:41 PM   #21
Mooney
Socialphobic

Arrow

Quote:
It still seems inappropriate. I mean she liked me at that time in a certain way but she knew she couldn't do anything about it so she said after a certain age.
not everything that's inappropriate is against the law.

Old 05-16-2015, 04:42 PM   #22
Mooney
Socialphobic

especially not having feelings, and stating that you won't be acting on these feelings because it would be inappropriate.

Old 05-16-2015, 04:47 PM   #23
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
middle schoolers are twelve or younger, you werent sexually harrassed you total wanker

Old 05-16-2015, 04:51 PM   #24
Catherine Wheel
Banned

They were 8th graders. They were 13 and 14.

Old 05-16-2015, 04:59 PM   #25
slunken
Virgo

A girl once told me she loved me. I went straight to the police and hired a lawyer.

Old 05-16-2015, 05:03 PM   #26
myosis
Minion of Satan

when i was in high school some 7th graders whistled at me

Old 05-16-2015, 05:05 PM   #27
Catherine Wheel
Banned

I wasn't planning on taking action against any of this. I never mentioned it to administration. But it did really bother me.

The same girl who made the comments about being of a certain age said to me later "oh you're cheating on me?" when she found out that I liked another aide in the class.

Old 05-16-2015, 05:12 PM   #28
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Might be inappropriate but as the adult in the situation you're just supposed to stop it and tell them it's inappropriate. It's not sexual harassment. Kids in middle school have crushes on their teachers all the time.

Old 05-16-2015, 05:13 PM   #29
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
I wasn't planning on taking action against any of this. I never mentioned it to administration. But it did really bother me.

The same girl who made the comments about being of a certain age said to me later "oh you're cheating on me?" when she found out that I liked another aide in the class.
also how did this come up, did you really discuss with her that you liked someone? that is inappropriate

Old 05-16-2015, 05:18 PM   #30
Catherine Wheel
Banned

No I didn't discuss it with her. Some boy peeped me flirting with the aide in the hallway and then mentioned it in class. The girl heard what he said about me and the aide.