Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2008, 07:39 AM   #1
Professor Fox
Ownz

Default The puppy who lost its way...

Marines launch investigation into sick puppies who tossed dog on video

DAILY NEWS STAFF

Tuesday, March 4th 2008, 2:38 PM
This image from a video distributed on YouTube shows a Marine holding a puppy. Moments later, he hurls it into a ravine.

This image from a video distributed on YouTube shows a Marine holding a puppy. Moments later, he hurls it into a ravine.

The U.S. Marines are investigating a video clip in which two of their own appear to throw a helpless puppy off a cliff.

The 17 second clip sparked outrage after it was viewed thousands of times before being yanked by the popular Web site YouTube.

The video shows two Marines, one of them holding a black and white puppy by the scruff of the neck.

Both men are heard saying how cute the puppy is before the soldier holding the dog lifts it above his head and hurls it across the rocky landscape into a small ravine.

Sounds of a puppy yelping in distress can be heard as the camera shows the dog flying through the air.

The Marines responded on Monday, saying the men in the clip appear to be based in Kaneohe, Hawaii.

Officials said they believe the Marine in the video is a lance corporal who returned to Hawaii in October from Iraq.

"This is a shocking and deplorable video that contrary to the high standards we set for every Marine. We will investigate this and take appropriate action," Maj. Christopher Perrine said.

Those who watched the clip on YouTube were similarly outraged.

YouTube user evergladephish wrote, "He should be court martialed, and then have someone grab him by the scruff of the neck and toss him over a cliff."

Others questioned whether the clip may have been staged as a sick joke.

"We need to find out who is this person, is this a legitimate video? Was it edited?" Maj. Perrine said.

If the video proves to be authentic, the Marines in the clip could face judicial charges, demotions in rank and pay and even a court-martial. They could also be discharged.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:40 AM   #2
I'm Hardcore
Banned

fuck off

Old 03-05-2008, 07:48 AM   #3
memories_unwind
František`s mate

wtf

Old 03-05-2008, 08:01 AM   #4
Sylvia Woods
Apocalyptic Poster

I wonder whatelse evergladephish has to say.