He was a month away from 29.

Old 05-20-2017, 11:35 AM   #182
noyen
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
i do.

sorry about your brother.
I'm glad you talk about it openly. Thanks it's been a while but it's happened many years ago now but it's something that I don't think me or my family will ever "get over". the feelings and hurt just mutate over time.

Old 05-20-2017, 01:05 PM   #183
reprise85
Submortal

Location: Now, I'm not a professional psychologist, but I am an amateur psychologist. And I think that your spontaneous eye-watering may have something to do with your father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
i won't even take tylenol for a headache and had a fit when tim insisted i take some chewable pepto tablets. i was walking in little circles in the kitchen trying to chew as fast as possible without closing my mouth all the way and making tortured noises. i've always been like that, which made no sense to me when i would try any drug or drink under the sun that was offered to me.
yeah my overall question is "why though?"

i don't pop ibuprofen at the smallest pain but if it's moderate to severe, yeah. it's not like we don't ingest substances all the time. better living through chemistry

Old 05-20-2017, 01:24 PM   #184
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
yeah my overall question is "why though?"

i don't pop ibuprofen at the smallest pain but if it's moderate to severe, yeah. it's not like we don't ingest substances all the time. better living through chemistry
i dunno. i get it from my mom. drown a flu. starve a cold. or something like that.

i guess i'm just a glutton for punishment.

Old 05-20-2017, 02:28 PM   #185
Cool As Ice Cream
Immortal

chris cornelo killed himself becuz of fuzzyroes.

thanks a lot, fuzzyroes. thanks a lot.

Old 05-20-2017, 07:24 PM   #186
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Chris Cornell's suicide is affecting me more than I expected, and I've never really even followed his music. I mean, Soundgarden had some real cool jams, but I'm watching the Soundgarden rig rundown and realizing Chris Cornell is gone.

Old 05-20-2017, 08:50 PM   #187
The Omega Concern
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
you have no idea what you're talking about, as usual. lorazepam is commonly prescribed for anxiety and sleep and most of the benzos are used in the same way and also for epilepsy. in other words, it is congruent and they mostly all work like that (medium and long acting benzos do, anyway)
I know a bit about big pharma and their methods of indoctrin...education. You merely reiterated stats without numbers without mentioning anything about the physiological impact of the drug.

It only makes sense in a linear fashion of those reactions to prescribe an anti-seizure drug for anxiety, but the incongruence would be in the accelerant rate of it after taking it. He may have been prescribed correctly under their narrow focus of science, but if a patient overloads and OD's, notice how the side effects are not the crippling of vital organs, but an impairment of various aspects of judgement and coordination.

"Suicidal Ideation". Big Pharma can write off this incongruence in logic and their science because they have such near complete control of the health industry from patient to doctor. They will make so much money off the industry they can literally write off whatever lawsuits come their way and the run the math accordingly to see the profits dwarf the litigation. I imagine a big one is coming their way on behalf of the Cornell family.

Used to treat

Benign Rolandic Epilepsy
Childhood and Juvenile Absence Epilepsy
Dravet Syndrome
Hypothalamic Hamartoma
Infantile Spasms/West’s Syndrome
Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy
Landau-Kleffner Syndrome
Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome
Rasmussen’s Syndrome
Ring Chromosome 20 Syndrome
Reflex Epilepsies
Temporal Lobe Epilepsy
Absence Seizures
Atonic Seizures
Atypical Absence Seizures
Clonic Seizures
Complex Partial Seizures
Febrile Seizures
Myoclonic Seizures
Refractory Seizures
Secondarily Generalized Seizures
Simple Partial Seizures
Tonic Seizures
Tonic-clonic Seizures

There's better ways to treat anxiety than with something that is prescribed for the above. Anxiety is a nice catch-all term though for life's suffering, how else could a corrupt industry keep the profits rolling?

Old 05-20-2017, 09:09 PM   #188
FoolofaTook
Socialphobic

ATONIC

sounds like the title of the new sleep album.

Old 05-20-2017, 09:58 PM   #189
smashingjj
Artist. Inventor. Genius.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
I know a bit about big pharma and their methods of indoctrin...education. You merely reiterated stats without numbers without mentioning anything about the physiological impact of the drug.

It only makes sense in a linear fashion of those reactions to prescribe an anti-seizure drug for anxiety, but the incongruence would be in the accelerant rate of it after taking it. He may have been prescribed correctly under their narrow focus of science, but if a patient overloads and OD's, notice how the side effects are not the crippling of vital organs, but an impairment of various aspects of judgement and coordination.

"Suicidal Ideation". Big Pharma can write off this incongruence in logic and their science because they have such near complete control of the health industry from patient to doctor. They will make so much money off the industry they can literally write off whatever lawsuits come their way and the run the math accordingly to see the profits dwarf the litigation. I imagine a big one is coming their way on behalf of the Cornell family.

Used to treat

Benign Rolandic Epilepsy
Dravet Syndrome
Hypothalamic Hamartoma
Landau-Kleffner Syndrome
Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome
Rasmussen’s Syndrome
Reflex Epilepsies
Temporal Lobe Epilepsy
Absence Seizures
Atonic Seizures
Clonic Seizures
Complex Partial Seizures
Febrile Seizures
Myoclonic Seizures
Refractory Seizures
Simple Partial Seizures
Tonic Seizures
Tonic-clonic Seizures

There's better ways to treat anxiety than with something that is prescribed for the above. Anxiety is a nice catch-all term though for life's suffering, how else could a corrupt industry keep the profits rolling?

Old 05-20-2017, 11:07 PM   #190
teh b0lly!!1
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyen View Post
I'm glad you talk about it openly. Thanks it's been a while but it's happened many years ago now but it's something that I don't think me or my family will ever "get over". the feelings and hurt just mutate over time.
to be perfectly honest i typed up a follow up response where i went into more detail but i scrapped it because i don't wanna pity party and no one care.

regardless of that stuff though, i can't imagine what it feels like to lose a sibling to something like that. it's hard to judge a person who decided to end it, because it comes from pain that's impossible to deal with (and i know firsthand because i've considered it, as you say, many thousands of times) but it does leave an unbelievable amount of scorched earth.

Old 05-21-2017, 03:58 AM   #191
reprise85
Submortal

Location: Now, I'm not a professional psychologist, but I am an amateur psychologist. And I think that your spontaneous eye-watering may have something to do with your father.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post

Used to treat

Benign Rolandic Epilepsy
Dravet Syndrome
Hypothalamic Hamartoma
Landau-Kleffner Syndrome
Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome
Rasmussen’s Syndrome
Reflex Epilepsies
Temporal Lobe Epilepsy
Absence Seizures
Atonic Seizures
Clonic Seizures
Complex Partial Seizures
Febrile Seizures
Myoclonic Seizures
Refractory Seizures
Simple Partial Seizures
Tonic Seizures
Tonic-clonic Seizures

The side effects being neurological and not crippling organs is a GOOD thing, that is precisely why it is a good choice as an anti-anxiety drug. It is also very very hard to die from taking too much lorazepam, unless it is mixed with another/other drug(s). And that is why they replaces barbiturates almost completely. BTW, your list is mostly different types of seizures and disorders that cause seizures.

I am very pro-CBT and other therapies for treating anxiety for many reasons. So I agree, benzos are not ideal and as a long term treatment should be near last resort. However, they are good drugs exactly because they have basically no toxic effects on the body, only temporary GABAnergic effects. Another drug that helps anxiety is alcohol, but it is much more addictive and much more damaging to the body.

As far as it causing suicidal ideation, two points. There are all sorts of medications that paradoxically raise problems they are supposed to be treating. For example, Advair which is an asthma medication, is correlated with a higher likelihood of dying from asthma. However, a large portion of that difference is because for someone to take Advair, their asthma is necessarily moderate to severe, which means they are much more likely to die from it in general, not because of the medication. However, that does not account for the entire statistic, to be sure. Similarly, someone taking benzos, especially long term, is much more likely to have all kinds of psychological symptoms precisely because they are the type of person who can benefit from taking benzos.

All of this being said, big pharma is a scam and I totally agree with that. But don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Old 05-22-2017, 04:20 AM   #192
brutechinasky
Demi-God

RIP Alan Vega
Hope someone titled his topic he's lying IN HELL Like Frankie.
Can't be bothered to search

Old 05-22-2017, 04:32 AM   #193
qwerty sp
Ownz

He's not in hell, he's just a ghost rider