Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-08-2018, 06:52 PM   #31
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
Are we really expecting Jimmy to say "yeah, we froze her out because Billy doesn't want anyone challenging him?" I'm sure a statement like that would do wonders for their PR. Lol
not at all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Sexual View Post
call it what it is. "the three of us are..." and then say whatever you want. stop calling it the pumpkins, because it's not.

Old 10-08-2018, 07:17 PM   #32
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Is Jimmy a scientologist? He always sounds brainwashed when he speaks

Old 10-08-2018, 07:21 PM   #33
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Gotta be burying your head reeeaally far down in the sand at this point to to call any incarnation of the band without all four original members 'not SP'. It ain't like Marilyn Manson now where every single person who used to write the music is gone.

Last edited by Shadaloo : 10-08-2018 at 11:33 PM. Reason: Monteism

Old 10-08-2018, 08:00 PM   #34
MonumentsRocks
Ownz

If you want the old incarnation of the band you have to 1) drain their bank accounts 2) hook them up with some drugs. It's more about the recipe than the chef.

SP isn't the only nostalgia band that had to suck it in and reform their original lineup for the sake of the fans that won't buy the member's solo records. I was going to list a few off the top of my head but I see someone else already did https://music.avclub.com/tail-betwee...s-s-1798237280 (yes, Billy made the list, congratulations Billy!)

It's the fans fault, because even thought these people were usually the brains behind the band, we were too infatuated with the idea that it's a musical group effort. I think on some level Billy is an unlikable person, but you love the music, so you see James and D'arcy up there, they're likable for some reason, they make the whole thing more fun. Take them out of the picture and you just have a bald creepy guy, so "the band" doesn't shift as many units in turn. And now we're all relieved James is back, it somehow takes the edge off.

Old 10-08-2018, 08:49 PM   #35
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

D'arcy nailed it:

"I don’t want to be in his fucking clown car."

Last edited by Corgan's Bluff : 10-08-2018 at 08:57 PM.

Old 10-08-2018, 09:15 PM   #36
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeilandFan View Post
Also I've been talking to D'arcy again recently, she's very busy with her work and doing good.
Sweet!

Any chance of an AltNation follow-up piece?

I'm super curious as to what she thinks of new material and the tour and everything.

Old 10-08-2018, 11:51 PM   #37
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Should ask if what BC said about her again asking to come back after the text shitshow was true

Old 10-09-2018, 12:16 AM   #38
MonumentsRocks
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I'm super curious as to what she thinks of new material and the tour and everything.
I'd be really surprised if she's paid any attention to any of it.

Old 10-09-2018, 04:21 AM   #39
Kahlo

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Sweet!

Any chance of an AltNation follow-up piece?

Stop encouraging him. Weilandfan, leave D'arcy alone you fucking vulture.

Old 10-09-2018, 04:40 AM   #40
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

this band is fucking clown shoes

Old 10-09-2018, 05:28 AM   #41
Kahlo

Old 10-09-2018, 06:15 AM   #42
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

"We don't want to play with D'arcy because she's a weirdo who doesn't have a normal whitebread family like the rest of us -and we've gotta support our lifestyle as independently wealthy alt.rock businessmen. Besides, we've basically got Peter Hook playing with us because we paid his SON to tour with us".

Jimmy's a great drummer, but he's an asshole. D'arcy stuck with the band when he was fucked up on drugs, but he can't put up with HER for being strange?

Last edited by Funbags : 10-09-2018 at 10:44 AM. Reason: dialed it baaack

Old 10-09-2018, 06:25 AM   #43
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Jimbo is permafried

Old 10-09-2018, 07:11 AM   #44
Kahlo

The relentless positivity from Jimmy can be at turns refreshing, and then just downright annoying because it's hard to gauge if this is what he really thinks. From fan encounters with him, it would appear to be the case that he genuinely is in a good place, or at least subscribes to positive thinking.

Still, I'd rather he was this way and seemingly happy, than a burn out who had his life completely destroyed in a hotel room in NYC in the 90s.

(and yes, I secretly wondered if he had gone all Scientology as well)

Old 10-09-2018, 08:23 AM   #45
MonumentsRocks
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlo View Post
The relentless positivity from Jimmy can be at turns refreshing, and then just downright annoying because it's hard to gauge if this is what he really thinks. From fan encounters with him, it would appear to be the case that he genuinely is in a good place, or at least subscribes to positive thinking.

Still, I'd rather he was this way and seemingly happy, than a burn out who had his life completely destroyed in a hotel room in NYC in the 90s.
There's not much of reason for a drummer of a rock band that fills arenas not to be positive, assuming they're satisfied with their compensation. The fans demanding that Billy reform the original lineup as much as possible... or else.. probably gives Jimmy and James more bargaining power than they might have had otherwise. I don't think they would have been able to pull off the arena circuit if it weren't for the news that Iha was back in.

I even think that if it becomes apparent at some point that they can fill a lot more seats with D'arcy on board, that Billy will try approaching her again, probably with a more attractive offer, too. The band talks up Jack Bates, but the fans don't a flying f*ck about Jack Bates, or even Jeff Schroeder - they're good musicians, but so are a lot of people. According to D'arcy, Billy staged a cash grab tour because he took a bath on his wrestling investment, but I think having kids, and taking on a role as bread winner, might have had something to do with it, too.

And Billy just had a second child, which tells me he liked the first kid and decided he was all in. It's when people have one kid and stop that it's not a good sign, because it suggests that even one kid might have been too many for them. Time is money when you have a family, and Billy probably recognizes that just one arena tour nets as much cash as several club tours, but you have to make big concessions to the fans in order to fill an arena.

Last edited by MonumentsRocks : 10-09-2018 at 08:44 AM.

Old 10-09-2018, 10:10 AM   #46
Razor Star
Pledge

Quote:
I don't dispute that her being back would add some focus but the reason the songs don't have bite is that they're coming from a group of people who don't have anything to prove and are just knocking out tunes for money
Fixed that for you.

Actually I disagree partly, I think D'arcy's involvement would have brought back more of the chemistry, the original four had a chemistry that you can't hear in any of the live performances with different bass players. D'arcy was really important for that.

That said, unless they went back to writing songs in a rehearsal room and working arrangements out in jams (never gonna happen) I doubt she'd have any impact on the writing.

Old 10-09-2018, 01:33 PM   #47
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Star View Post
Fixed that for you.

Actually I disagree partly, I think D'arcy's involvement would have brought back more of the chemistry, the original four had a chemistry that you can't hear in any of the live performances with different bass players. D'arcy was really important for that.

That said, unless they went back to writing songs in a rehearsal room and working arrangements out in jams (never gonna happen) I doubt she'd have any impact on the writing.
Money, fun, it can be both.

Her involvement would also have probably brought back more feuding.

Old 10-09-2018, 01:53 PM   #48
WeilandFan
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlo View Post
Stop encouraging him. Weilandfan, leave D'arcy alone you fucking vulture.
D'arcy contacted me again. I never sent her one thing about the tour. She wanted the 'clown car' quote out there because that interview pissed her off. If she ever wants me to post more of her thoughts about the tour I will, but I'm not sending her a bunch of shit fishing for comments.

Outside of our first talk reconnecting a few weeks ago which was based around that Zane Lowe interview, we haven't even talked about Billy or the Pumpkins, just life. She's working real hard right now and doing good.

Old 10-09-2018, 02:26 PM   #49
Corgan's Bluff
Minion of Satan

Working real hard on her farm? Her shoulder must be doing well now.

I hope she still plays bass more frequent to be ready to return to some form of musical engagement.

Old 10-10-2018, 10:28 AM   #50
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Old 10-10-2018, 11:10 AM   #51
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTaper View Post
This is fucking brilliant

Old 10-10-2018, 01:50 PM   #52
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTaper View Post
The video so nice I watched it twice

Old 10-10-2018, 02:06 PM   #53
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Yeah I wasn't sure if it needed it's own thread so I put it here. Somewhat embarrassed to admit I lifted it from reddit.

"I wanna wear this hat! ok, I'm going to wear this hat."
"Don't do that..."

Old 10-10-2018, 02:30 PM   #54
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster

It's actually better than a normal interview.