Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 04-22-2013, 09:12 PM   #151
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Monte's wife doesn't agree with him about the metric system, this is no joke! She very much doesn't agree with him on this.

The best story I have is when I brought up hate the hater. I said something about how Hate the Hater thinks he is cool or something and Monte looked at me with disgust and said hatter is gay and hate the hatter was checking out his ass when he met him and how it was disgusting. MONTE WAS READY TO CUT A BITCH after I brought up hatter! It was crazy.

I swear I didn't make this up.

If Monte was a made up character by a comedian, he would be famous.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:22 PM   #152
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

MONTE WAS READY TO CUT A BITCH

Old 04-22-2013, 09:25 PM   #153
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte LSD View Post
This was written so poorly even I don't understand it :/
you mean I am finally ready for EXCLUSIVES???

http://hollywoodhatesme.files.wordpr...with-sword.jpg

Old 04-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #154
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

LOL, I am laughing so hard at how Nicole told Bystarlight that monte is someone that they have all their news go through but he isn't some fan rep or someone important to the band or anything.

LOL at her wondering why fans think he is a fan rep. MONTE RESPONDS TO TWEETS TO BILLY CORGAN ALL DAY, he does the same on the oboard, maybe someone should tell monte he is not the fan rep.

I really hope monte get's an exclusive tomorrow, it would make my day.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:33 PM   #155
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte LSD View Post
http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/2...rady000067.jpg

Old 04-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #156
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
Somehow this ended up in the wrong thread:
yeah, i was on my phone earlier. no idea where that post went.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #157
T&T
Socialphobic

maybe the simple truth is that billy hates the fans.
all of them
we're not the only one he hates
And he also hates monty
obviously billy makes fun of monty behind his back - that much nicole is telling us.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:57 PM   #158
Ram27
dumb

Can I have a link to whatever Nicole said wherever?

Old 04-22-2013, 10:38 PM   #159
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Hi dear fans. I'm sure most of you know at this point my stance on marriage equality. I firmly believe that we are all equal and deserve the same treatment regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, etc. But I want to make clear that I also firmly believe in the freedom of speech and everyone's right to their own opinion, so long as it doesn't infringe upon the basic human rights of another. you can believe whatever you want, but you shouldn't be able to vote upon another's right to love. That said, I don't discriminate against those who's opinions are different than mine. It may frustrate me when people don't agree with me, but it is not my place to tell anyone else what is best for their own life. My utopia would be for us all to find a common ground and live in peace with one another, accepting our differences and our flaws and uplifting one another even though we don't always agree. I will continue to fight for that, and work every day to try to be more accepting of those who don't share my personal beliefs/morals, and even try to see their beauty and what they are offering the world. I would hope every one else would do the same. Life is too damn short to keep fighting all the time. those are my two cents for the day. thanks for listening! xo N

Quote:
Nicole Fiorentino Christie Knight i get that the word acceptance makes you think i mean that we must kick back and tolerate ignorance and hatred. i do not. i've made myself very clear what my beliefs are and I stand behind them, i just don't think the way to go about making change is to fight with more discrimination. I try to be as accepting of others as possible, but that doesn't mean that I tolerate discriminatory behavior. In fact i feel that I am very active in the fight against inequality. and anyone that visits my page enough knows that about me. by acceptance i don't mean avoidance, i mean accepting that we all come from different backgrounds and realizing that we aren't going to agree all the time, simultaneously trying to educate people and remaining on the path of peace and solidarity. for me the way of acceptance (and being very vocal about my beliefs) has been the most succesful in making a difference on the issue of inequality.

She made this post after the outrage on twitter for monte's prop 8 support. She came across as defending monte, so she deleted this. Don't know if anyone has a screenshot.

Old 04-22-2013, 10:53 PM   #160
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Let me set the scene.

12 am, helping social media person for sp create a website to show Billy for approval.
Social media person asks Monte to help work with me on page for the website while her and bystarlight work on another.

Monte and I on google hangout.

(dramatic recreation of conversation)

Monte: My computer is having trouble... gotta go.
Me: um okay.
Monte (back in 10 mins): Ya, my computer is having problems, I can't work on this, besides Billy would rather me devote my time to something more important.

HE REALLY DID TELL ME BILLY WOULD RATHER HIM DO SOMETHING MORE IMPORTANT.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:04 PM   #161
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
There it is.
I was disappointed when I first read it, but to be fair: it would take me some time to come up with a statement that couldn't be interpreted as being intolerant towards Mormons.
The issue I have is that she posted this after read fan tweets outraged by Monte's support of prop 8. If it were just random, no one would care.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:06 PM   #162
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Ooops I made some typos... Time to start a blog

Old 04-22-2013, 11:09 PM   #163
Venom
Ownz

What's Monte's wife look like?

Old 04-22-2013, 11:20 PM   #164
celestials
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana View Post
Let me set the scene.

12 am, helping social media person for sp create a website to show Billy for approval.
Social media person asks Monte to help work with me on page for the website while her and bystarlight work on another.

Monte and I on google hangout.

(dramatic recreation of conversation)

Monte: My computer is having trouble... gotta go.
Me: um okay.
Monte (back in 10 mins): Ya, my computer is having problems, I can't work on this, besides Billy would rather me devote my time to something more important.

HE REALLY DID TELL ME BILLY WOULD RATHER HIM DO SOMETHING MORE IMPORTANT.
Ohh wait, ohh wait - I want to add to that x) I only got involved in the website because I was asked to help out with the design 1 to 2 weeks before the release of Oceania. I looked around and proposed a few layout ideas. I said that it would take over 100 hours to build (and that was on top of the work that I was doing on my website and Lucky 13). So I asked to be paid for building the official website because it was a professional service. The social media manager was totally cool with that because she knew that I would do good job and I would meet the deadline. The next thing I know, Monte offered to re-design the official website for free. Things got hectic and stressful, and the conversation above is Monte backing out The website didn't turn out at all how I envisioned it. The end.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:23 PM   #165
T&T
Socialphobic

if we're gonna shit on nicole for not standing up to monte, I guess we can pick on his wife for being tolerant too.what's her take on prop8?
this is what I imagine she looks like:
http://i.imgur.com/K2ao4l9.png

Old 04-22-2013, 11:28 PM   #166
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by celestials View Post
Ohh wait, ohh wait - I want to add to that x) I only got involved in the website because I was asked to help out with the design 1 to 2 weeks before the release of Oceania. I looked around and proposed a few layout ideas. I said that it would take over 100 hours to build (and that was on top of the work that I was doing on my website and Lucky 13). So I asked to be paid for building the official website because it was a professional service. The social media manager was totally cool with that because she knew that I would do good job and I would meet the deadline. The next thing I know, Monte offered to re-design the official website for free. Things got hectic and stressful, and the conversation above is Monte backing out The website didn't turn out at all how I envisioned it. The end.
More to add,

Monte didn't introduce me to corgan on the boat like he did others who helped out SP, (I got on the boat cause I helped). I asked monte later why he didnt introduce me and he told me that he only introduced people to billy that did things that Billy would care about. Shocked by his rudeness, I told him that I already had spoken to Billy a couple of times he looked embarassed and ran away.

Old 04-22-2013, 11:33 PM   #167
celestials
Oblivious Virgin

Quote:
Somehow this ended up in the wrong thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
You all are delusional if you think for one second that Nicole would be able to dish out exclusives under billy and Monte's watch.

Exclusives or no exclusives, bystarlight.org is sitting on a mass of pics to upload, plus the interview archive is great and SPUK keeps adding old stuff to it. I for one would be happy to see that site going on, with or without news from Nicole.
Yeah that is exactly why I made Nicole's offer public. If I decide to come back and it doesn't go through - you'll know why (for realz).

Old 04-22-2013, 11:34 PM   #168
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
if we're gonna shit on nicole for not standing up to monte, I guess we can pick on his wife for being tolerant too.what's her take on prop8?
this is what I imagine she looks like:
http://i.imgur.com/K2ao4l9.png
I don't agree. She has suffered enough.

Old 04-23-2013, 01:44 AM   #169
stumpycat
Apocalyptic Poster

You know, plenty of people that seemed like a bit of a douche on the internet actually turned out to be cool enough in real life when they weren't putting on their net persona. Clearly that isn't the case for Monte - based on these stories he seems like an even bigger douche. Most importantly his level of psychosocial development seems stuck somewhere in early childhood not in the least apparently because he can't move past the egocentric stage.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #170
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Funny thing is, when that cruise happened last June, we all had our jokes about Monte. We laughed at that ridiculous picture of him and Billy, made buttons out of it, quoted The Lion King...and the best part was it really was a bunch of fan boys whining a vying for Billy Corgan's attention, and actually does seem to have caused some harm among these fans.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #171
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadcaplaughs View Post
Funny thing is, when that cruise happened last June, we all had our jokes about Monte. We laughed at that ridiculous picture of him and Billy, made buttons out of it, quoted The Lion King...and the best part was it really was a bunch of fan boys whining a vying for Billy Corgan's attention, and actually does seem to have caused some harm among these fans.
The cruise was a great experience, only monte was odd. Even Billy was pretty easy going. I loved the netphoria jokes about it, especially the buttons. I wish SP could have a big fan meet up in chicago or something, bet monte would bring a flame thrower.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:00 PM   #172
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
No dude... It's not what its not...

The 2008 musicianship blows away the musicianship of any of the 2011 shows... The setlists may have been better and what not ... The energy may have been more intense, but anyone who is a musician who drums realizes that the musicianship hasn't at any time been up to the level that it was with Jimmy while Byrne has been beating the fuck out of his instrument.

I think you're referring to the shows when they had that bad-ass setlist of all the fan favorites? It's an unfair comparison really, because if you saw Jimmy play that same setlist it would have DESTROYED the mike Byrnes version...

Also, when Jimmy was in the band, the setlists were so varied. There was surprises each night... And the musicianship was tight as fuck. Corgans vocals still remained weak but Corgan and Chamberlin just locked in man... Corgan and Byrne do not...

Just watch here, this is a rather simple song, but the musicianship, the grove is fucking sweet... With Byrne things always seem like they're on the verge of falling apart (hence why Billy is forced to stick with the exact same boring setlist each and every night)
That's a good performance and I enjoyed the show I saw in 2007 a lot, Billy's annoying vocal inflections aside.

Yeah, of course I would swap Jimmy for Mike in a heartbeat, but it's never gonna happen again. Sad but true. When Corgan drops someone they stay dropped, even if JC wanted back, which is doubtful.

I'm referring to the two shows I saw in Manchester, UK in '08 and '11 - http://www.splra.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tsp2008-02-15 and http://www.splra.org/wiki/index.php?title=Tsp2011-11-11. Admittedly, the '08 show was played in a soulless Arena with a bad soundsystem and the latter part of the gig degenerated into a tuneless shambles, which left a sour taste. 2011 they played a smaller theatre, six Oceania songs and Billy gave off more energy and just a tighter vibe. Drums aside they were at least equivalent in musicianship. Corgan's vocals were far less annoying too. I enjoyed the latter show much more.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:04 PM   #173
D.
Consume my pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenewRevive View Post
When Corgan drops someone they stay dropped.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:16 PM   #174
Shallowed
Braindead

Nicole's "freedom of speech" thing doesn't really make any sense. Of course Monte has the right to be a homophobe in various ways, but that doesn't mean that the band owes it to him to let him be their voice.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:00 PM   #175
Venom
Ownz

That's very good news indeed. I rather visit ByStarlight for news rather than visit Crestfallen ever again.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #176
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

lol seriously what is this thread

Old 04-23-2013, 10:39 PM   #177
stumpycat
Apocalyptic Poster

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana View Post
The cruise was a great experience, only monte was odd. Even Billy was pretty easy going. I loved the netphoria jokes about it, especially the buttons. I wish SP could have a big fan meet up in chicago or something, bet monte would bring a flame thrower.
Yeah but why would Monte even have a reason to attend? Since we all know Billy would be avoiding that particular meet-up like the plague (and even if it were held at Madame Zuzu's)...

Old 04-23-2013, 10:45 PM   #178
stumpycat
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
Nicole's "freedom of speech" thing doesn't really make any sense. Of course Monte has the right to be a homophobe in various ways, but that doesn't mean that the band owes it to him to let him be their voice.
Quote:
so long as it doesn't infringe upon the basic human rights of another. you can believe whatever you want, but you shouldn't be able to vote upon another's right to love
I believe this part makes clear what she actually thinks of Monte and his beliefs. I'm sure she's trying to be as diplomatic as possible about it without pissing off Billy (which is pretty easy to do I imagine.)

Old 04-23-2013, 11:06 PM   #179
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpycat View Post
Yeah but why would Monte even have a reason to attend? Since we all know Billy would be avoiding that particular meet-up like the plague (and even if it were held at Madame Zuzu's)...
I don't care to meet up with Monte or Billy, nothing against billy but I meant a fan meet up not fan + band meet up.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:14 PM   #180
celestials
Oblivious Virgin

Smile

It's a small step, but this seems pretty miraculous right now! She is planning on doing a tour pic diary with me and I'll compile it on my site.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BIlZEuBCUAEkpwG.jpg

I'll try to launch the news section as soon as I can. I finished building it a few weeks ago, so it's just a matter of publishing some quality articles now. I already have a team of about 12 people and a few of them have a background in journalism. There are some gear heads on board too, so I'm really excited about that! I'm aiming for in-depth coverage, editorials and a focus on the music. I'll also have comments open on the site.

Thank you to everyone for all the kind words and support!

Sneak peek:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...92314928_n.png

Last edited by celestials : 04-23-2013 at 11:20 PM.